Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread

Old November 19th, 2008 (01:29 AM). Edited November 19th, 2008 by Azumi.
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
Something I quite noticed... (Everyone should, it's an obvious fact.)

Whenever Musashi joins a contest, she sends out her Pokemon. Do the twerps actually realise that Candy Musalina AND Team Rocket have the same Pokemon? (Musashi sometimes borrows James' Pokemon.) This is so obvious, yet they don't find out until they do something bad, like catching the Pokemon-of-the-day and/or Pikachu, or their covers are blown off... And their outfits are so obvious. But no, the characters do not see through them.

Why can't they have someone that KNOWS who the heck they are, even in their disguises?

(Lock this if someone did this already.)

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old November 19th, 2008 (03:06 AM).
Charizard EX
Charizard EX

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Charizard EX Send a message via Yahoo to Charizard EX
Team Rocket's disguises are simple PATHETIC and OBVIOUS. What's even more stupid is that no one even recognizes them. ............................ Weird and competely PATHETIC!!
Old November 19th, 2008 (05:39 AM).
Trap-Eds
Dig a hole, dig a hole........

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by SoraNoHana:
Whenever Musashi joins a contest, she sends out her Pokemon. Do the twerps actually realise that Candy Musalina AND Team Rocket have the same Pokemon?
If Jesselina was two people, it could just be a coincidence she has the smae Pokemon as Team Rocket. But since she's not two people........man, I agree, what's with the kids and the gulibleness? [is that a word?]

Quote originally posted by SoraNoHana:
Why can't they have someone that KNOWS who the heck they are, even in their disguises?
Maybe it's because if they did, then Team Rocket would have been out of the show a lot faster? They obviously can't think of better disguises so someone reconizing them would have just have gotten tiring....ironic, they already are.
And besides, apparently the writers NEED Team Rocket, 'cause I'm pretty sure they would have gotten kicked off years ago.
:cer_boogie:
Old November 19th, 2008 (08:30 AM).
TIC TAC
Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TIC TAC
I have to agree with Charizard EX there, you could notice them from about a mile away that there so obvious!
Tsukimaru is a great battler, well done mate!
My trade thread!

Egg move Mall!

Credit to AuraFire for this AWESOME sig.

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old November 19th, 2008 (08:32 AM).
Artemis
i'm no goddess

They are obcvious, but hey it is a cartoon show, what do you expect? but speaking of team rocket Jessie...do you think she will actually win 5 ribbons to make it to the grand festival?
Old November 19th, 2008 (09:39 AM).
solarstar
Beginning Trainer

The gang always fall for the lame disguises. I was hoping after ten years of being stalked by TR, Ash would see through the disguises or be suspicious whenever they ask to borrow Pikachu for something. But no! He still falls for it. Also, shouldn't Pikachu recognize their scent after being snagged like a million times?
Old November 19th, 2008 (10:04 AM).
Stormer07

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah its pathetic but its aimed at younger people i suppose.
Old November 19th, 2008 (11:45 AM).
Unown_
Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned

To start off, there are ofcourse more than one trainer in the world that owns a Seviper or a Carnivine for that matter...

BUt yeah, Team Rocket disguises are pathetic, DP004 tops them all. It's (suppose to be) for the comic relief I guess. Though, it's not like it is only limited to an anime like Pokemon.
Old November 19th, 2008 (12:08 PM).
Ruphire
Feel the icy burn

I know you'd think that they would know by now that it's Team Rocket! Gosh those people are mental if they don't know that's Team Rocket!
Old November 19th, 2008 (01:10 PM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Are you trying to tell me that this is supposed to be an obvious disguise!? If I hadn't watched until the motto, I'd have thought it was a whole new pair of villians. I'm not surprised the twerps have been fooled over and over again for the past 10 years.
Old November 19th, 2008 (01:19 PM).
I Laugh at your Misfortune!
Normal is a synonym for boring

I tink my favourite disguise from from the original st. Anne episode, when james kept going "cooooooool!" he looked so camp, the song 'Gay Boyfriend' could have been written by Jessie about that moment...

Old November 19th, 2008 (04:32 PM).
weedle_mchairybug

Are you trying to tell me that this is supposed to be an obvious disguise!? If I hadn't watched until the motto, I'd have thought it was a whole new pair of villians. I'm not surprised the twerps have been fooled over and over again for the past 10 years.
You have got to be kidding me... Do you honestly think that this wasn't obvious?! The Scarlet R of their uniforms are exposed for goodness's sakes!!
Old November 19th, 2008 (05:55 PM).
Gars129
Is now focused on other things

I think that was sarcasm
Old November 19th, 2008 (06:29 PM).
Trap-Eds
Dig a hole, dig a hole........

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
You're being sarcastic, right?
:cer_boogie:
Old November 19th, 2008 (06:59 PM).
Shedinjareese
Undercover Rocket

It's classic Clark Kent Syndrome mixed in with the twerps being self-absorbed in what they need to be doing. Although, I don't think Brock has an excuse. Oh wait--he has no eyes, nevermind.

Quote originally posted by Quick_Kid:
They are obcvious, but hey it is a cartoon show, what do you expect? but speaking of team rocket Jessie...do you think she will actually win 5 ribbons to make it to the grand festival?
I wish she would but I doubt it... :-(

Old November 19th, 2008 (09:34 PM).
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
Jessie already got two ribbons prior to DP102, so...

Quote originally posted by Jorah:

You're trying to be sarcastic.

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old November 20th, 2008 (10:18 AM).
HeidiMoose
[Insert User Title Here]

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to HeidiMoose Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to HeidiMoose Send a message via Yahoo to HeidiMoose
I do agree, after this long, they should be able to see right through Team Rocket.

But.. it's just part of the normal routine of the show...
Twerps doing whatever they're doing with the character of the day..
Team Rocket gets involved somehow wearing their disguises.
Capture Pikachu and put him in something shock proof.
Ash saves Pikachu and uses Thunderbolt.
"Looks like Team Rocket it blasting off again!"

If the writers stopped making them wear disguises, or if Ash and co. found them out right away, they'd probably eventually have to get rid of Team Rocket.
And I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think the show would be right without them.
They're the comic relief.
Old November 20th, 2008 (11:49 AM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Quote originally posted by Unown_:
To start off, there are ofcourse more than one trainer in the world that owns a Seviper or a Carnivine for that matter...

BUt yeah, Team Rocket disguises are pathetic, DP004 tops them all. It's (suppose to be) for the comic relief I guess. Though, it's not like it is only limited to an anime like Pokemon.
Thank you.

In the show's defense, it's supposed to be dramatic irony, since the audience immediates suspects, "oh, let's see how far they fool the kids." Off and on, I don't mind. However, whenever you do it far too many times, then it gets stale. Then, you go with the creativity of said disguises.

And I'll go with whatever Heidi said.
Old November 20th, 2008 (01:46 PM).
weedle_mchairybug

I do agree, after this long, they should be able to see right through Team Rocket.

But.. it's just part of the normal routine of the show...
Twerps doing whatever they're doing with the character of the day..
Team Rocket gets involved somehow wearing their disguises.
Capture Pikachu and put him in something shock proof.
Ash saves Pikachu and uses Thunderbolt.
"Looks like Team Rocket it blasting off again!"

If the writers stopped making them wear disguises, or if Ash and co. found them out right away, they'd probably eventually have to get rid of Team Rocket.
And I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think the show would be right without them.
They're the comic relief. :)
You know, There ARE other ways for them to try and trick Ash and Co. WITHOUT disguises (especially since the disguises are pretty flimsy anyways).

I mean, the writers could have just as easily have them do what they did in the first season (like plant booby traps.), and if they are disguised well enough, they would also catch them completely by surprise. And, assuming they didn't show TR laying the trap beforehand, maybe even catch the Audience Members by surprise as well. Also, as long as Team Rocket is perfectly disguised (as in, their features are barely recognizable, such as when Jessie disguised herself like a hindu traveless, or if they change their clothes, haircolor/style, have Meowth's features disguised as well, ect. ect.), then the main characters being fooled by them is all right.

I mean, sure they are comic relief, but the thing is, there isn't really any tension beforehand for the comic relief to be needed.

Also, dramatic irony usually involves characters meeting a character they haven't met yet, or at least, doesn't make their motives known first glance. however, JJM's disguises are something else entirely as they are recognizable to even a two year old with those disguises, and Ash and co. already met them, so their even being fooled by the disguises is a sad jab at their intelligence, thus resulting in the fanbase calling them stupid idiots.
Old November 20th, 2008 (05:14 PM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Quote originally posted by weedle_mchairybug:
Also, dramatic irony usually involves characters meeting a character they haven't met yet, or at least, doesn't make their motives known first glance. however, JJM's disguises are something else entirely as they are recognizable to even a two year old with those disguises, and Ash and co. already met them, so their even being fooled by the disguises is a sad jab at their intelligence, thus resulting in the fanbase calling them stupid idiots.
True. However, dramatic irony also means the audience may be aware of certain concepts that aren't known to the characters. That was my point, really. And, yes, I agree with your final sentence, as the fanbase loves to project, don't they?
Old November 20th, 2008 (06:13 PM).
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

The dumbest disguise yet would be the one where they just put their clothes inside out. DOne- the tweprs get fooled...

Yes, I am sarcastic.
Old November 22nd, 2008 (08:37 PM).
Shedinjareese
Undercover Rocket

What I don't understand is that sometimes they committ an act so soon after they show up in disguises that either they shouldn't have paid for the disguises at all or they should have kept up the costumes while the "twerps" still didn't know it was them. They're pretty OCD about their motto at this point.

Old November 22nd, 2008 (10:09 PM).
Gumball Watterson
, Not-a-PhD
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Maybe the twerps are randomness-intolerant. Team Rocket can get so random, they literally throw common sense down the Spider Drain. I mean, wow. I can't believe Jessilina is still an unblown cover. HELLO?
Old November 23rd, 2008 (02:43 AM).
Deadly Arbok
Team Rocket's executive agent

Well, Jessalina is one of the few disguises which are actually 'good'. Basically saying that her hairstyle isn't the same, and she hasn't revealed herself. If that wasn't the case, then I'd agree.

And yep Jorah, expect to see those new villans from DP004 in the next league. Top bad they disappeared right when the house fell down.

About the whole disguse thing, as many people said, it should be obvious that they are TR by now. But, I agree with Charaxes that I like to watch these different disguises to see how far they get. And it provides for a bit of entertainment too.

Besides, nearly every anime in the world has this disguise thing so.......
Old November 23rd, 2008 (02:08 PM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by weedle_mchairybug:
You have got to be kidding me... Do you honestly think that this wasn't obvious?! The Scarlet R of their uniforms are exposed for goodness's sakes!!
But they're wearing green cloaks. Green! Pssh just because you thought it was Team Rocket doesn't mean you have to ruin it for the rest of us ~

Quote originally posted by Deadly Arbok:
And yep Jorah, expect to see those new villans from DP004 in the next league. Top bad they disappeared right when the house fell down.
Indeed! One reason I can't wait for the series to move on is so we get to see these all new characters. Apparently, they like stealing Pokemon and have their very own motto! Oops, maybe I should've put that in spoiler tags
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links