• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Whitefog

Status
Not open for further replies.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Banner.png

"Finally. A reason to legalize rom hacking"

Introduction:
Team Cardinal Sin proudly presents: Pokemon Whitefog.
Pokemon Whitefog is a FireRed hack started in August 2008.
Team Cardinal Sin would like to thank all those who have helped and supported us.
For more, please visit the Pokemon Whitefog Official Website.

Trophy Case:
47-whitefog.png

Information:
Pokemon Whitefog takes place in the Trophil region, a once peaceful, tropical utopia. The region, now influenced by a malevolent force, has been partially frozen, and as a result, three different climates have emerged.
TrophilRegion.jpg
TrophilClimateChart.png

Story:

Finally. All the paperwork is settled. You're ready to move out of your parent's house and start your own life in Seabreak City, on a peaceful, secluded island in the middle of the Trophil Region. Your new room mate meets you at the docks to help you move in to your new apartment. When you get there, he asks you a favour. He is bogged down with his work, repairing ships, and asks if you could travel to Eastport, the neighboring town, to pick up a part he needs. He gives you the name of a friend and asks him to give you a ride.
Upon arrival, you pick up the part from the merchant, and you and the captain begin heading back to the ship. Before you can get there, a sinister, thick fog suddenly rolls in, and a rogue pokemon emerges and attacks you. Having no pokemon of your own, you fear you are done for, until the captain tosses you one of his pokemon. As the fog clears, the captain explins to you that he fears the fog was summoned by Borduire, a pokemon that was imprisoned twenty four years ago. You arrive back in Seabreak City, where you hear news reports about shocking, horrific events plaguing the Trophil Region. You decide it's up to you to put a stop to Borduire's wrath.

Features:
Decently Amazing New Region!
Frightening New Pokemon!
New, Ungodly Attacks!
Riveting Sea Tales!
Grand New Scripts!
Over Twelve Different Sidequests!
And MUCH, MUCH More!

Media:

Titlescreen.png
Steve.png
Eastport.png
Lighthouse.png
Gastly.png
PrimstedForest.png
FogReaver.png
Eastport-1.png
Sanitose-1.png

Script.png
RouteTwo.png
RouteOne-1.png

RouteThree-1.png
DanBacksprite.png

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Progress:
Spoiler:

Overall progress to completion:
26.png

Team Cardinal Sin:

myfavouriteax - Maps, Scripts, Tiles, Palettes, Titlescreen, Overworld Sprites, Banner, Storyline
HopeHavoc - Artwork, Character Design, Sprites, Storyline
rockerdave91 - Beta Test
DeadEddy88 - Scripts, Maps, Storyline
Dog11561 - Sprites, Sprite Re-Colours
Lucario9 - Maps
Shaded - Tiles, Sprites, Overworld Sprites, Scripts
Radium - Script Reviews
loyalknight - Beta Test
Gamer2020 - Sprites, Overworld Sprites
pikachu_X - Overworld Sprites

Special Thanks:
Man - tiles
Ozumas - tiles

Support
:
Banner-1.png

Code:
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/byarging/Banner-1.png
7x5pGt1227916700.gif

Code:
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/byarging/7x5pGt1227916700.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Great finally a thread in the progressing hacks section,where it belongs. I'm having fun working on this, and I think it is a worthwhile project, but I can't script the whole game, I'm just an intermediate scripter. :( Looking good.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
I'd love very much to say yes, SethCullen, but I have absolutely no idea when we would need you. Shaded just made part two of the beginning script, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to fit it into the game, as it is rather complex. Just keep an eye on the thread, and I'll make an announcement when the beginning script is complete. Then just PM me or whatever, and I'll let you know!

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
I added an Information Section, just for laughs. I probably already gave out too much info, but there will be so many more twists and turns, it will be GRAND.

R@P!D

N33by
Years
hey.. this is the first post iv ever done, i think XP... yeah the hack looks great, i just dont like one thing....., the over world. yeah srry

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Well, you chose quite the amazing thread to be your first post. Also, what would you change in the overworld? (I assume you're talking about the hero sprite?)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Those bridge tiles remind me of Drawn to Life. :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
First of all, nice presented thread, your title-screen is very nice,. I personally like the OW also.

But if I were you I would not brag so much about the hack ;)

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Those bridge tiles remind me of Drawn to Life. :D

haha, yeah. It's just a temporary bridge. Shaded made a new stone bridge from scratch. I'll insert it, then update the screenshot.

But if I were you I would not brag so much about the hack ;)

haha, I was actually waiting for someone to bring that up.
Anyway, thank you much, good sir. I may release a beta shortly. (just as soon as I can smooth out the beginning sequences)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I'll be pleased to say I can map for you... again? Would again fit there well? Ah well. As you said in an above post, this looks grand. Good luck and have some fun making it =D

treecko 22

Lucario 9's brother
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2008
the tiles are awsome !
i love the world map.

oh look my brother maps for you (Lucario 9)XD

good luck !!!

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Nice! Lucario9 is your brother? You should be proud.
Also, thanks! Some of those tiles are temporary, like the bridge, and others are borrowed and recoloured, but now I've got a grand tile maker. (Shaded)

treecko 22

Lucario 9's brother
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2008
Nice! Lucario9 is your brother? You should be proud.
Also, thanks! Some of those tiles are temporary, like the bridge, and others are borrowed and recoloured, but now I've got a grand tile maker. (Shaded)
yeah he is.

well just to let you know your tile maker is awsome.

p.s - ill be supporting this.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Finally you put my bridge in! :D I see you added the boards. Looks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back