The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Liquid Shadow
xD

I made my image, and yes I made it a 16 color palette and it turned out quite nice. Then, I imported that image over the gamefreak one, but since it was too big to be written I changed the Image Offset to 845000. It worked, and the image was written to the game (firered). Then, after like an hour of trying to make the tilemap I finished it. I used NTME, not cyclone because it's messed up for me. anyway, I saved it as RAW and when I import it into UnlZ there is no image there. It's just blank. If I try to write it to the game anyway, nothing happens and the tilemap of gamefreak gets replaced with a blank one. I've been trying to make it work all day but to no avail. Anyone knows what's up with it?

Oh and I managed to change the Pokemon to celebi so that worked fine I duno what's up with this image.

Here is my image and tilemap for reference:

Spoiler:

Oh and bananapeelz... You replace the charizard picture with another picture of a pokemon you want to insert. After that you insert the tilemap.
Search some tuts on UnlZ or something.

Last edited by Liquid Shadow; November 17th, 2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Bananapeelz
Beginning Trainer

ya thats what i did, and i did it all right but whenever i opened up my game, charizard just wasnt there
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by halobro35 View Post
Ok.. I have a problem.. =(
I made my image, and yes I made it a 16 color palette and it turned out quite nice. Then, I imported that image over the gamefreak one, but since it was too big to be written I changed the Image Offset to 845000. It worked, and the image was written to the game (firered). Then, after like an hour of trying to make the tilemap I finished it. I used NTME, not cyclone because it's messed up for me. anyway, I saved it as RAW and when I import it into UnlZ there is no image there. It's just blank. If I try to write it to the game anyway, nothing happens and the tilemap of gamefreak gets replaced with a blank one. I've been trying to make it work all day but to no avail. Anyone knows what's up with it?

Oh and I managed to change the Pokemon to celebi so that worked fine I duno what's up with this image.

Here is my image and tilemap for reference:

Spoiler:

Oh and bananapeelz... You replace the charizard picture with another picture of a pokemon you want to insert. After that you insert the tilemap.
Search some tuts on UnlZ or something.
Did you fix the pointers?
Old November 17th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Liquid Shadow
xD

You mean by checking the box "automatically fix pointers" then yes. If not, then no. But that's not my problem.. or I don't think so.. Because if I just import my tilemap into UnlZ, the current tilemap gets replaced by a blank image. Meaning, UnlZ won't read the tilemap or something... If I write it to the game anyway, and I check UnlZ again for the gamefreak tilemap, it's just a blank tilemap. Any help?

EDIT: OK...It's either my UnlZ GBA or my ROM, because if I make a RAW DUMP of the original Gamefreak tilemap and then try to re-import that same tilemap into UnlZ, the tilemap is replaced by a blank image.

EDIT 2: Problem solved... was my game. XD

Last edited by Liquid Shadow; November 18th, 2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old November 19th, 2008, 09:01 AM
torferno lvl-X
learning asm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
Well don't take this the wrong way or anything, but if you've been hacking for a year, and you still don't have the basic skill of finding a palette without APE, you must have wasted a hell of a lot of time.
Yeah sorry you're right, I have been hacking for a year but I've been on and off it and I've been focused on scripting and stuff mainly. Sorry, its just I don't like sarcasm that much,(nervous hypocrtitical sideways glance). And the offsets VBA gives me don't work. So......

I'm a spriter for

Insert new pokemon WITHOUT removing old ones up to 25!
Tom's PokePet

Charizard the level 36 Charizard!

For All GBC hackers!

Last edited by torferno lvl-X; November 20th, 2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old November 27th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

after i put in the tileset and picture, i get to the part where u have to change the pallete. when i load my pallete off set some of the colours have a pink box and the colours are black. Can ya Help
Old November 30th, 2008, 01:30 AM
loitraitim
Hoài Niệm Dấu Yêu

Send a message via Yahoo to loitraitim
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljam View Post
after i put in the tileset and picture, i get to the part where u have to change the pallete. when i load my pallete off set some of the colours have a pink box and the colours are black. Can ya Help
You can see it...
You open VBA, open ROM, play to Tittle screen!
After, you click Tools --> Pallete Viewer, Save file pal!

Open VBA, Search file pal! You can see it :D

Goodluck ^^

Old December 4th, 2008, 08:02 PM
cyberzero
New Hacker. Fast Learner.

everythings been working great for me, but when i go to file > load RAW, it says "RAW too big"
I did everything in this, I don't know what I did wrong
any help please?
Old December 7th, 2008, 12:45 PM
wingzro17
......................... .....

Location: Under a box, near 31st street, on FAKE AVE. in FAKE YORK.
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to wingzro17 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to wingzro17
I have a really bad problem. When I load and write the RAW to the ROM, the Pokemon at the intro takes the palette of the "Pokemon logo".

Here's an exapmle:
Spoiler:
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:16 AM
NTA
Where?

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzro17 View Post
I have a really bad problem. When I load and write the RAW to the ROM, the Pokemon at the intro takes the palette of the "Pokemon logo".

Here's an exapmle:
Spoiler:
did u set the plaette to 14?
Old December 16th, 2008, 03:06 PM
wingzro17
......................... .....

Location: Under a box, near 31st street, on FAKE AVE. in FAKE YORK.
Send a message via AIM to wingzro17 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to wingzro17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tailed Assassin View Post
did u set the plaette to 14?
That's most likely the reason... Thank you.
Old December 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM
treecko 22
Lucario 9's brother

wow ill be learning this for my hack thanks alot.

Old December 17th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Anonamous
Beginning Trainer

no matter what i seem to the pallet wont change i get a yellow picture of the item im trying to insert. i have tried al of the cyclone pallete options and they're not changing a thing
Old December 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM
Semblance
Trainer

Um, what do you mane "indexing"? That's the only part of the tutorial that confuses me, good job!
Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:21 AM
Bibliophibian
Power Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semblance View Post
Um, what do you mane "indexing"? That's the only part of the tutorial that confuses me, good job!
Indexing is when you decrease the color depth to 16 colors. You can do it using Irfanview.
If you need more help, do a forum search for "Indexing Spites" and there should be some tutorials.

My Trade Thread
SS FC: 3567 3984 6125
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Aljam
Pierce the heavens
Community Supporter Tier 4

here is a problem that i have at the bottom the letters flash like the press start and i dont know what i did wrong.

vid link http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=exwJRy...e=channel_page

Last edited by Aljam; January 26th, 2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blazichu
No need to revive month old threads.

*Locks*

←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links