The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 20th, 2008 (07:42 AM).
Johnny8876

Nature: Adamant
hey oi ive come to apologize, im starting to like your malachite game alot, i love the screens, like the jungle etc.. i know you added fakemon but are there regular pokemon in it too? thanks
What up guys its Johnny B, JB for short if you want, well just hanging around pokecommunity, i love some of the games that people make on here, but w.e lol GL to everyones games, especially infinite rainbow :D!~~

Old December 20th, 2008 (07:46 AM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8876 View Post
hey oi ive come to apologize, im starting to like your malachite game alot, i love the screens, like the jungle etc.. i know you added fakemon but are there regular pokemon in it too? thanks
mhm. All the past pokemon will be in the game and like 50 or so new pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44tim44 View Post
Hey, OI,
Did you get my PM with the new fakemon included?
I didn't get an answer...
No I havent seen any pm's about fakemon. can you resend it to me please? thank you.
Old December 20th, 2008 (08:13 AM).
Johnny8876

oo ok thats cool, umm is that drew in your sig?
What up guys its Johnny B, JB for short if you want, well just hanging around pokecommunity, i love some of the games that people make on here, but w.e lol GL to everyones games, especially infinite rainbow :D!~~

Old December 20th, 2008 (08:24 AM).
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Oh wow man. I love the grass evo line too...I might be at a struggle when I try to pick one, but the gym leader looks really good too. I love this update...and I was gonna make a jungle for my game too, but yours looks really well done. I love the hard work you put into this. can't wait for the final release(or whatever you plan on doing)Keep up the outstanding work
Old December 20th, 2008 (08:34 AM). Edited December 20th, 2008 by PokemonOI.
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~Flood~> View Post
Oh wow man. I love the grass evo line too...I might be at a struggle when I try to pick one, but the gym leader looks really good too. I love this update...and I was gonna make a jungle for my game too, but yours looks really well done. I love the hard work you put into this. can't wait for the final release(or whatever you plan on doing)Keep up the outstanding work
Well unlike with IR I will try and realeas a couple demos for the game. so yeah. ALSO I HAVE ONLY RECEIVED TWO ENTRIES IN THE FAKEMON CONTEST SO PLEASE TRY AND ENTER. HERE ARE THE CATEGORIES AND PRIZES!

6th Place- One Fakemon-(excluding evolutions)-Prize-Sneek Peak into the The Insula Mine
5th Place- One Fakemon-(excluding evolutions)-Prize-Sneek Peak into the The Insula Mine

4th Place- One Fakemon-(One evolution)-Prize-Seek Peak into The Insula Mine and The Dragons Den in the Dragon District!
3rd Place- One Fakemon-(One evolution)-Prize-Seek Peak into The Insula Mine and The Dragons Den in the Dragon District!
2nd Place- One Fakemon-( Two evolutions)-Prize-Seek Peak into The Insula Mine and The Dragons Den in the Dragon District, and your own character in the game!
Grand Prize Winner- One Legendary fakemon( two evolutions)-Prize-Seek Peak into The Insula Mine and The Dragons Den in the Dragon District, and your own character in the game! Aswell your character being the gym leader on a City! with the pokemon of your choice.

As you see 6th and 5th, 4th and 3rd, are the same. the best fakemon out of those two categories will be a tester and the 2nd place and 1st place winners will be beta testers.
Old December 20th, 2008 (09:14 AM).
Johnny8876

aghh im gonna try the fakemon contest i guess, i probably wont win though lol, but its worth a try! :D

Old December 20th, 2008 (09:16 AM).
<~F.M.P~>

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
aghh im gonna try the fakemon contest i guess, i probably wont win though lol, but its worth a try! :D
Uhhh...WOW Johnny...I never thought I'd hear you say that...It warms my heart.
Malachite related: I'll give it a try...Hopefully I can think of some creative fakemon...I'm in a pretty good mood today. so maybe I'll go for it.
Old December 20th, 2008 (09:18 AM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~Flood~> View Post
Uhhh...WOW Johnny...I never thought I'd hear you say that...It warms my heart.
Malachite related: I'll give it a try...Hopefully I can think of some creative fakemon...I'm in a pretty good mood today. so maybe I'll go for it.
Quote:
lol I encourage the both of you to try your best. Lol your chances of winning right now are very high lol. Only two entries thus far so so give it your all. An johnny nice to see you've had a change of heart.
Old December 20th, 2008 (10:37 AM).
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Someone already has a sister Bridgette inj Pokemon, so I would chnage her name ...
Old December 20th, 2008 (11:22 AM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Nice stuff OI, I can tell that your skills are improving very much, I wish you luck with this project!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old December 20th, 2008 (11:33 AM).
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

hm... what exactly are we supposed to do in that contest? I may give it a try...

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old December 20th, 2008 (11:35 AM).
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KiTsUnE View Post
hm... what exactly are we supposed to do in that contest? I may give it a try...
Fakemon contest. your just creating a fakemon...It can be whatever you want No rules except it must be a fakemon lol ...and I would guess if your spriting it you should do it in the size of 64x64...I think thats about it.
Old December 20th, 2008 (02:02 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen View Post
Someone already has a sister Bridgette inj Pokemon, so I would chnage her name ...
Thanx for telling me But I think I'll keep her name as Bridgette. I just prefer that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
Nice stuff OI, I can tell that your skills are improving very much, I wish you luck with this project!
Thanx man and I wish you luck too on your game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KiTsUnE View Post
Well if you look where I posted the contest you'll see the different categories and it'll tell what to do to win that category.
Old December 20th, 2008 (07:05 PM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Amazing OI, that screen in your sig is just beautiful!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old December 20th, 2008 (09:47 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
Amazing OI, that screen in your sig is just beautiful!
lol why thank you Yuoman lol. I'm glad you noticed. I think I mentioned before that forests will be replaced with jungles on malachite. I say that plural because I'm planning to have two jungles in the game one Island that is all jungle and then one on the land.
Old December 21st, 2008 (05:24 AM).
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Hey OI.
With IR locked, will Malachite be moving into the showcase?
Old December 21st, 2008 (06:33 AM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Hey OI.
With IR locked, will Malachite be moving into the showcase?
Well more than likely. Not now, but it will get there sooner or later...when im ready.
Old December 21st, 2008 (07:57 AM).
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

When it is moved, will you have to restart the thread, or can fork it?
Old December 21st, 2008 (09:33 AM).
<~F.M.P~>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen View Post
When it is moved, will you have to restart the thread, or can fork it?
The whole thread is moved to game showcase upon creators request, and it has to have met certain requirements in order to transfer successfully.
Old December 21st, 2008 (10:08 AM). Edited December 21st, 2008 by PokemonOI.
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Yes Flood is right the whole thread gets moved.
MALACHITE SCREEN!

Ok lemme explain this screen and how it kinda sticks with the characters personality aswell as backgrounds.
this is the same jungle that can bee seen in my sig with one of the characters in it. Here we see Rival AJ:

As I said Rival AJ is a rare pokemon hunter and He's in the jungle looking for rare pokemon. Now in my sig you see your friend that is with you on the journey telling you that there are rare pokemon in this jungle. AJ is coming out of this temple/cave with nothing and he tells you you not gonna find anything either. This is where you get the flashlight in the game because AJ is gonna give it to you.

Old December 21st, 2008 (04:03 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Why not just move it now?
Why do you say when your ready lol.
nothing really changes when the thread is moved...
it just changes link to the thread really...
i say request to get it changed now, it's not really a huge deal to get it moved.
Old December 21st, 2008 (04:13 PM).
Semblance
Trainer

Well, there will be a lot more pressure to update the game as there will be a lot more people looking in the thread.
Old December 21st, 2008 (04:13 PM).
Theik
Fancy Cape Knight

Originally Posted by Atomic_Reactor View Post
i say request to get it changed now, it's not really a huge deal to get it moved.
If it's not a huge deal to get it moved, why make a huge deal out of it? If he feels that it isn't done enough yet for a showcase, let him.
Old December 21st, 2008 (04:18 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Im not making a huge deal of it kid. Im telling him that nothing significant happens when you move it.
So there is really no point in waiting..

The pressure doesn't really go up at all..
It's still the same amount of people. And even if there is more pressure, OI won't let it get to him.
Old December 21st, 2008 (04:58 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Reactor View Post
A_R I'm getting it moved after christmas so yeah. But the thing is I'm still in planning stage there are still some holes even for me of course there are alot of holes needed to be filled for you guys but Until I fill in some for myself I wont get it moved. But like I said either christmas day or the day after I will request it get moved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semblance View Post
Well, there will be a lot more pressure to update the game as there will be a lot more people looking in the thread.
Well I've dealt with that pressure before and tbh it isnt that hard to deal with. Until you get the crazed ones lol.

Sponsored Links