The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:05 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRexion View Post
It's great!
but the Pokemon could use some work
Tell me which of them need work, I dont know if you saw, but the pokemon that need revamping are marked with a red cross on the pokedex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCullen View Post
Wooow. This looks amazing. I cant wait to play it.Good luck.
Thanks ^^. Sry to say that, but you will have to wait a bit before playing it xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
The textures in the new tilesets are amazing. Although I much prefer them over the boring 2-D styles of third gen, some of them look a bit out of place. The grass (both regular and tall), seem a bit unprofessional compared to the other tiles. The tall grass almost looks flat, but the idea and effort are definitely there. The color of the ocean, I think would actually look better in a dark blue rather than the dark blue, if only because it matches poorly with the froth of the rocks.
I must say, however, the shadowing on the new sprite is refreshing.
The most interesting and constructive post since the last update. Well, actually i like the tall grass, but I (and Zephyr :3) will see what i can do to make them look even better. Well about the rock dont matching the sea color, we will probably edit the rock tile soon or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?Alistair? View Post
Oh wow, this has come along leaps and bounds dude. It looks fantastic with custom tiles (Y) And the new Eletruxo looks really good.
Its nice to hear this from you ^^. Your tiles are just awesome as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~Flood~> View Post
FINALLY MAN! Looks like my favorite pokamanz will be Eletruxo...Great job, and the tiles look good to. Keep up the good work. hmmm I think you should also fix up its starting evo too, but thats just me. ;)
I was thinking on the same thing, he deserves a revamp too ^^.

Thanks for the good comments guys, but next time try to make more construtive ones, they really help us improving the game! ALSO, YAY post 100!
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:59 AM
cuarzo32
Beginning Trainer

oh my God! I really love this game but there is one thing I do not understand all the games
where they are unloaded in order to make them.
Regarding the hack pallets and tiles that I love besides being a game I love most
lucky!
PS: I am Spanish and I feel I have a level pretty bad.
PS 2: I say by private message as we've been able to make game?
Old December 16th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

Bump, Nya~

~JV~, like I said, amazing work. I'm flabbergasted on how my thred has gotten more posts then yours. I feel guilty :[ I hope you make some progress over christmas break! But don't make game developing take away from the holidays~ Cheers!

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old December 18th, 2008, 05:03 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

~micro UPDATE~

Well since there has been some time since the last post, I decided to make a small update so you can know how is going the game development. I will reveal a new pokemon and also show one in game screenshots.

~Screenshots

The first 2 are from Nowtoch City and the last one is on Kevlar Town.

(The subway inauguration day!)

(This guy is annoying...)

(Oh no! The Uranium contamination is spreading.)

~New Pokemon

Everyone say hello to BRAILIP =0!!

(This pokemon is known for being really intelligent. He can't swim fast, but he also can hide in corals.)

Thats all =p.

Old December 18th, 2008, 05:47 AM
ultron90
Beginning Trainer

nice animation on Brailip . is it like a pokemon crystal style animation?

Pokémon Flint Forums!
Old December 18th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

If I were you, I'd be careful about mixing FR/LG sprites with R/S/E sprites. The styles are quite different, and it sticks out quite a lot. The scratchs sprites also are fairly bad - this is, however, just my opinion.

On the upside, the plot is unique and actually somewhat interesting. Keep up the good work, but don't forget to make sure the grammar and dialogue within your game is of high quality; it's one of the easiest things to forget, but it really helps make a game look more professional.
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Zorin
Pixies Dance

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zorin
RSE sprites are actually almost the same in style as FR/LG, unless you were talking about the tiles. As for the scratch sprites, please say which ones you think are bad and why. Many are being revamped already.

Quote:
nice animation on Brailip . is it like a pokemon crystal style animation?
Yeah, it is. But I'm not sure if JV is inserting the animation too...

Good update JV! I like the tiles. Expect to see som new sprites from me soon.

Old December 19th, 2008, 06:28 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

As Zorin said, please point out which sprites you think are bad also, I wont be using animations on the sprites, Zorin made it just for fun.

~micro UPDATE~ 12/19/08

The main news here is that PEQUEDARK-VELVET allowed me to use all his design/fakemons in Pokemon Uranium, simply AMAZING =D. Also, we have a new spriter on the team, he is from TCoD and his name is PichuK!! His frist sprite was deisgned by PEQUEDARK and here it is...

DHOOSNOWN

his sugimori:
Spoiler:

Also, a screenshot of him in game:

Old December 19th, 2008, 01:37 PM
GoldenBagon
Booted out - don't be like me!

well done looking great cant wait till its release
@ all complainers
its a game it doesnt need to make sense

@JV is it possible if i could be a beta tester?
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:18 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBagon View Post
@ all uraninum staff
well done looking great cant wait till its release
@ all complainers
its a game it doesnt need to make sense

@JV is it possible if i could be a beta tester?
Thanks for the comments =D. Since there is nothing I want to show you guys right now, here is a screenshot of a route that I havent showed yet( I forgot to use the other resolution =/):
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

I like the updates! Keep at it, JV!

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:27 PM
GoldenBagon

wow some of those fakemon are really good just looked @ newer shaded versions how do u come up with the designs cos i just enjoy mixing up all ready made pokmon like my wobberfet mamswine+ every 3rd evo of the starters which wasnt really that good but was fun to make
but yeah as i said all your stuffs really good cant wait till late january to play
thnx
GB
(big uraninum supporter)
Old December 21st, 2008, 05:43 PM
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

Can't say as I'm much of a fan of either of you're two new sprites. The first one (Brailip) doesn't benefit from the large brain protruding from it...
The other one, seems to not be sprited from the right angle. The drawing looks like a real pokemon, but the actual product disappoints, in my opinion.
Also, the animation for Brailip looks like something straight from Crystal. Mixing the styles of the different generations seems to be a theme in the game, but are you sure you're not taking it too far?
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:45 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
Can't say as I'm much of a fan of either of you're two new sprites. The first one (Brailip) doesn't benefit from the large brain protruding from it...
The other one, seems to not be sprited from the right angle. The drawing looks like a real pokemon, but the actual product disappoints, in my opinion.
Also, the animation for Brailip looks like something straight from Crystal. Mixing the styles of the different generations seems to be a theme in the game, but are you sure you're not taking it too far?
1- It isnt a brain protruding from brailip, its a Brain Coral (Wiki)
2- Please tell me which parts you think were drawn wrong so we can correct it.
3- How many times I will have to say that the animation was something that Zorin did just for fun, and it isnt supposed to appear in the game. I liked it and posted it here!
4- Its nearly impossible to have a fangame that has more than one spriter to has its fakemon looking like it was done from only one person.

Is that difference between fr/lg and r/s sprite styles too big for you?

(fr/lg---r/s)
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:00 AM
seanster
Beginning Trainer

great ider im gessing that the mum is the monster
what if you collectradoactive sones to evlove pokemon or somthing
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:52 AM
GoldenBagon

Originally Posted by seanster View Post
great ider im gessing that the mum is the monster
what if you collectradoactive sones to evlove pokemon or somthing
sorry if this offends you seanster but your grammer is terrible what i think he was saying is

He has a great idea and hes guessing the mum in the monster and what if you collect radio active stones to evolve some of the pokemon???
Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

Funny that someone with horrid grammar gets corrected by someone who can't do much better. And sorry if I couldn't have responded to your response earlier JV, but I will now:
1- Just because I'm from Connecticut doesn't mean I don't know what Brain Coral looks like...
2-On Brailip, there's a very good bit of "flat" face effect on the front of its face. The eyes look flat against the head, and if you're going for a cartoonish look like I assume you are from the lips, I would suggest making the eyes look like they're bulging out of the head. The shadowing is all right (except for the stripe on the bottom left), but it looks like it has a beard on the bottom of its face.

For Dhoosnowl (how do you pronounce that?), the light source seems a bit too strong on the front of the face. The line on the beak likewise contrasts too much, meaning that it's basially the only thing you can see in that spot. The left ear also comes out a bit too far (just a few pixels).
And I don't need to respond to the other ones.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
Zorin
Pixies Dance

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zorin
It might be just me... but I didn't understand most of what you said about Brailip... His eyes are actualy popping out, as you can see at his right eye.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

Hmmm... I suppose. But do you mean his left (the one that's just barely off the edge)?
I was referring mainly to the right eye, where there seems to be almost a direct transition from the off-white to the green. This ties in to the shadowing, because with a few more shades of grey at the edge of the eye it could look better. (But I don't always know what I'm talking about...)
When I mentioned a stripe at the bottom left, I was talking about that bright, one-pixel wide line right before the outline below the mouth.
What I said about the "beard" was not anything to change, merely an observation on the way the colors were separated.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
RSE sprites are actually almost the same in style as FR/LG, unless you were talking about the tiles.
I'm talking about the tiles, which are noticably "flatter" and more 2D then their FR/LG counterparts. They also use a slightly diffrent colouring scheme.

Quote:
As for the scratch sprites, please say which ones you think are bad and why. Many are being revamped already.
In my honest opinion, the majority of the scratch sprites just don't seem up to par. Both in design and in their actual sprite quality, they don't look for a minute like that could pass as real Pokémon. Mind you, I just have a thing against Fakemon, so don't let my words discourage you.

As for the Brailip subject, I think it'd look much better if the Brain coral extended down his body, or was a different color. At the moment it looks exactly like a brain and it doesn't look like a Pokemon at all.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
About the tiles: I'm doing them in my own style: they're yellower and a bit more lush than the defaults, and you'll see that I'm going for a slightly more natural look in my next (upcoming) tileset update. This is to fit the region, which is, as has already been stated, subtropical: it's a little bit lighter and sunnier than the official regions.

As for the sprites, I don't disagree with you that some of them need work, but you all seem to be overestimating the capacity to which we can imitate official-style. Don't hate on us; we're trying our best here. D:
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Concerning the tiles: I must say that your tiles zephyrplusle, are a step up from the old ones and I say that in a most sincere way. I like the look of your tiles(tall grass aside, It needs a bit of work.)So I'm anxious to see what you have for us.

Fakemon: Unique ideas. Thats all I need to say. No ones ever thought of a fish with brain coral before. It looks nice, so For that I give you a slow dramatic clap. Although I do also think that maybe the brain coral should be a little longer? But thats just my opinion.

Keep up your good work you guys. I'm looking forward to this all.
Old December 26th, 2008, 05:16 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Sry guys, I didnt have time to make a decent update for christmas, I was really busy, but today I will make an small but important update!

~micro UPDATE~ 12/26/08

Well the main purpose of this update is to show the new revamped dialogues/speeches on the game, thanks for ZephyrPlusle ^^. They now have good quality:

(Note: Most of the speeches from everything thats already done from the game was redone ;p)

Old December 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

I like the new dialogue better than the old. A lot of it makes more grammatical sense, but some of what I've seen isn't very colloquial. When speaking in a normal conversation, would you say, "They can save you when otherwise you would otherwise be done for." or, "They'd save you in a bad streak."?

Also, the very last screenshot sticks out most to me. Any person, especially a child, would not use "fares" in a normal English sentence. I'm not going to give you suggestions for every dialogue, so I'll end right here. But you should try speaking to your friends and put cues you get from talking to them into your regular character dialogues.
Old December 29th, 2008, 06:08 AM
P!chu17
Spanish Hacker

Spoiler:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here