The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:17 AM
tanzenorkan
The Salmonella Samurai

hey, mate, not sure exactly what type of format you plan on using throughout the whole game, whether it will be traditional or something of your own design. Regardless of what you choose, I suggest that you make the game movement fast. I am specifically thinking about the large difference between fire red/leaf green and diamond and pearl. In fr/lg, the game sequences moved quickly, for example, the transition from free roam into a battle was fast, and then from selecting an attack to executing the attack, to the enemy attacking was fast. In D/P, it was very slow and frustrating. It takes forever to get through simple battles like farming the elite four. So, I suggest that you make your transitions between different screens and options fast, which may seem obvious, but my biggest frustration with D/P was how slow it was, so I thought I'd mention it. =)

Best of Luck to you!
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:23 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzenorkan View Post
hey, mate, not sure exactly what type of format you plan on using throughout the whole game, whether it will be traditional or something of your own design. Regardless of what you choose, I suggest that you make the game movement fast. I am specifically thinking about the large difference between fire red/leaf green and diamond and pearl. In fr/lg, the game sequences moved quickly, for example, the transition from free roam into a battle was fast, and then from selecting an attack to executing the attack, to the enemy attacking was fast. In D/P, it was very slow and frustrating. It takes forever to get through simple battles like farming the elite four. So, I suggest that you make your transitions between different screens and options fast, which may seem obvious, but my biggest frustration with D/P was how slow it was, so I thought I'd mention it. =)

Best of Luck to you!
I don't really know; I haven't had many requests for that, so i am not sure of what other's think of it. But if people say they want it. I think it can be added.

Thank you, always a pleasure hear consruction ideas and comment

3DS FC: 5241 1923 6787

- Public Resources -

Better Encryption for RMXP/RMVX
Old December 26th, 2008, 03:34 AM
KingOfDarkness
Beginning Trainer

Can you please put Crystal Onix in the Orange Islands and the gaint tentacruel from episode Tentacruel & Tentacool and place like Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden if you could put things in like this i would like to help but i don't know how to use the programes (sad face)

I don’t know if other people have wanted to do this but i think you should put New Island(Mewtwo's island) from pokemon movie 1, Fire Island(Moltres) to get the fire-based sphere + Lightning Island (Zapdos) to get the lightning-based sphere + Ice Island (Articuno) to get the ice-based sphere from pokemon movie 2, The mansion to battel the Crystal Pokémon of molly created by Entei from pokemon movie 3, to goto the Lake of Life (Celebi's home) from movie 4, to go to the water-themed johto city of Altomare (Latias and Latios home) from pokemon movie 5, to see the Millennium Comet, which appears in the night sky for seven days once every thousand years. It is, at the same time, when the legendary Pokémon Jirachi awakens from a long slumber to absorb the comet's energy from pokemon movie 6, to go to the place were Deoxys and Rayquaza battel from pokemon movie 7, to go to Cameron Palace where a festival is being held to celebrate Sir Aaron and enter the battle and win Aura Guardian and see Lucario and mew also to go to Tree of Beginning to battel Regirock, Regice and Registeel the tree's guardians from pokemon movie 8, to go the Temple (Manaphy's home) from pokemon movie 9, to go to the Space-Time Tower to see Palkia, Dialga and Darkrai battel from pokemon movie 10, to go to the Reverse World and see Giratina, Shaymin, Dialga and Regigigas and what ever else happens from pokemon movie 11 and the events from movie 12 if possible. I think by putting this in the game it would make it 100x better in my opinion.

Last edited by KingOfDarkness; December 26th, 2008 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 26th, 2008, 08:49 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDarkness View Post
Can you please put Crystal Onix in the Orange Islands and the gaint tentacruel from episode Tentacruel & Tentacool and place like Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden if you could put things in like this i would like to help but i don't know how to use the programes (sad face)

I don’t know if other people have wanted to do this but i think you should put New Island(Mewtwo's island) from pokemon movie 1, Fire Island(Moltres) to get the fire-based sphere + Lightning Island (Zapdos) to get the lightning-based sphere + Ice Island (Articuno) to get the ice-based sphere from pokemon movie 2, The mansion to battel the Crystal Pokémon of molly created by Entei from pokemon movie 3, to goto the Lake of Life (Celebi's home) from movie 4, to go to the water-themed johto city of Altomare (Latias and Latios home) from pokemon movie 5, to see the Millennium Comet, which appears in the night sky for seven days once every thousand years. It is, at the same time, when the legendary Pokémon Jirachi awakens from a long slumber to absorb the comet's energy from pokemon movie 6, to go to the place were Deoxys and Rayquaza battel from pokemon movie 7, to go to Cameron Palace where a festival is being held to celebrate Sir Aaron and enter the battle and win Aura Guardian and see Lucario and mew also to go to Tree of Beginning to battel Regirock, Regice and Registeel the tree's guardians from pokemon movie 8, to go the Temple (Manaphy's home) from pokemon movie 9, to go to the Space-Time Tower to see Palkia, Dialga and Darkrai battel from pokemon movie 10, to go to the Reverse World and see Giratina, Shaymin, Dialga and Regigigas and what ever else happens from pokemon movie 11 and the events from movie 12 if possible. I think by putting this in the game it would make it 100x better in my opinion.
Actually all those, discluding the tentacruel, are possible in RMXP. But again, they wouldn't be easy. I would have to get some requests for them.

- Public Resources -

Old December 26th, 2008, 08:52 AM
KingOfDarkness
Beginning Trainer

kk thanks for letting me know is there any thing i can help with?
Old December 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
kk thanks for letting me know is there any thing i can help with?
Well, now at the time we really need better graphics. But if you can/have an animated titlescreen script we really could use it.

- Public Resources -

Old December 26th, 2008, 09:00 AM
KingOfDarkness
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollosalPokemon View Post
Well, now at the time we really need better graphics. But if you can/have an animated titlescreen script we really could use it.
hmm sorry i can't help you there

Last edited by KingOfDarkness; December 26th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old December 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
hmm sorry i can help you there
Hmm, well what are you good at since you ask to help?

- Public Resources -

Old December 26th, 2008, 09:09 AM
KingOfDarkness
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Hmm, well what are you good at since you ask to help?
well i have not used rmxp in some time so i can't remenber how to use it but if possible i would like to help make what i have suggest
Old December 26th, 2008, 09:14 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
well i have not used rmxp in some time so i can't remenber how to use it but if possible i would like to help make what i have suggest
Well, we do have mappers, and spriters, so if you have idea that everyone would like, I would love to hear it.

Reason being for the other one (about the movie events) is some people hate the movies/T.V. shows. I only dislike the T.V. shows for my own reasons... movie are O.K. . Some other's may have opinions that differ so I want to try to make the game good for everyone.

- Public Resources -

Old December 26th, 2008, 09:19 AM
KingOfDarkness
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Well, we do have mappers, and spriters, so if you have idea that everyone would like, I would love to hear it.

Reason being for the other one (about the movie events) is some people hate the movies/T.V. shows. I only dislike the T.V. shows for my own reasons... movie are O.K. . Some other's may have opinions that differ so I want to try to make the game good for everyone.
ok now do you have any mapping and spriting guides to help me find my way around rmxp, well the only ideas i have is makeing the game have the movie places and special pokemon in the anime ie Crystal Onix and the pink Rhyhorn
Old December 26th, 2008, 09:26 AM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
ok now do you have any mapping and spriting guides to help me find my way around rmxp, well the only ideas i have is makeing the game have the movie places and special pokemon in the anime ie Crystal Onix and the pink Rhyhorn
I don't know, it would take a good deal of spriting for those Pokemon.

By the way, to anyone who reads this, I have completed a few maps and they will be up soon.

- Public Resources -

Old December 26th, 2008, 09:29 AM
KingOfDarkness
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I don't know, it would take a good deal of spriting for those Pokemon.

By the way, to anyone who reads this, I have completed a few maps and they will be up soon.
kl can't wait to see the maps, hmm well if i can help i will

Last edited by KingOfDarkness; December 26th, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:35 PM
TheHacker121
Pokemon Silver Remake Maker

I would like to be a Character Sprite Alterator.
Old December 26th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
hey collosal, i could make a crystal onix sprite (in battle)
Old December 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHacker121 View Post
I would like to be a Character Sprite Alterator.
That would be great, but could you fill out the application? Possibly show some examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi Senpai View Post
hey collosal, i could make a crystal onix sprite (in battle)
Alright, I think a crystal Onyx would be cool. Lets see it xD

- Public Resources -

Old December 26th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
alright I'll start doing it now :D
Old December 26th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

OK, I have finished the Crystal Onix :D Check it Out
Attached Thumbnails
095.png‎  
Old December 26th, 2008, 04:00 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

Quote:
OK, I have finished the Crystal Onix :D Check it Out
FANTASTIC! I love it. :D

- Public Resources -

Old December 26th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Hey Collosal, You want me to do the back of the Crystal Onix??
Old December 26th, 2008, 04:13 PM
CollosalPokemon
What's next?

If possible that would be excellent!

- Public Resources -

Old December 26th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Finished the back of the Crystal Onix in battle and the bike (bike should be at the very bottom of the image)
Attached Thumbnails
095b.png‎   Copy of Outside.png‎  

Last edited by Hamako-chan; December 26th, 2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach image.
Old December 27th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Heres the icon for the Fast Ball. Its saved as a GIF file.
Attached Images

Old December 27th, 2008, 07:09 AM
KingOfDarkness
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Finished the back of the Crystal Onix in battle and the bike (bike should be at the very bottom of the image)
ohh very nice are you doing any other anime/movie specials ?
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:29 AM

A'right, time for a critting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler
After failing miserably to catch Dialga and Palkia, team Galaxy Huh? What happened to Team Galactic? is at it again - but for who,what,and where You had better have answers for that...they're dissolved for the most part.??? You need to bring team Galaxy down(Yet again) and with recent climate changes it won't be that easy Okay, so buy an umbrella...or go t0o Hoenn and steal one from a Parasol Lady (or whatever that trainer class is called).. Preparing for your journey you have no choice but to change your suit because of a new icy climate in the area,where the rumered Team Galaxy are supposedly heading to Why is that your business? Your goal was to complete Rowan's pkdex, not to go crimefighting....Battle your way through sinnoh and keep earning up your badges A new set of badges? Doing all eight of the same ones would get boring...and we know that there are >8 badges per region 'cause of all of the different Kanto badges we've seen thus far. Take a location from the anime or something... because after winning the elite 4 you hear of brand new areas such as Johto, and Kanto Just being available to go to. A)so we're not in Sinnoh at all? B)you're seriously having all of those regions? C)how can you keep gameplay interesting while covering so much area? D)can you write an elegant-enough story to prevent pointless adventuring?

A boat comes in at canalave city and the sailor will allow you on to his ship as he rambles on about a new evil team somewhere in the Johto region Wouldn't it work better for you to be speaking to Jasmine in Sunyshore about this? It IS a port (isn't it?), so it would not be a crime to stick a ferry there...... the location and true identities of this evil team are currently unknown to anyone Team Galaxy? .Johto has had ratical redesign What's with people altering Johto? Just add a few towns... so their location won't be any ordinary picnic to find.So you sail onward to Johto and when you get there there's proffessor Elm in his lab ...wouldn't you end up in Olivine? Long trek if you ask me..., busy as ever, tells you to choose a pokemon(same pokemon as in GCS Nom, it ain't. He gives you a pkmn in GSC 'cause you need it to successfully and safely complete his errand to Mr. Pokemon. He had a reason to give it to you last time. Does he have the same selfish motives this time? He's a researcher, not a charity service...).Choose wisely as you will not be given a second or even a third one very easily.... After you choose, you are free to roam around Johto and explore the wonderous region!

But before that you have to be careful of new suprises. Pokemon are now needing to change (due to new climate) Can you explain the climate differences? Or is this just a facsimile of Pt without sufficient though-over-ness?, and the people are getting stronger as well. Are you sure you can manage all this in sinnoh ...but we're in Johto.?? People around different places may have hints of to where Team Galaxy is going Why are you tailing them? The hero of DPPt was completing Rowan's dex. What does that mission have to do with collecting Johto badges or tailing Team Galaxy? Is there a reason at all?, but nobody knows for sure...Can you find out where Team Galaxy is headed to this time? What are they scheming, and what pokemon are they after now? ...*a few short blinks*

Venturing all over the pokemon world, with a load of enemies, and friends is the key. Talk around town to learn cool things that just might save you later...but be cautious some people you talk to may be there...but not after you talk to them.Heed this warning: for whom you may think is the way won't be here to stay. On a final Question, will you be able to take down team Galaxy and all the other evil organizations You mean there're more? Why? once and for all(or so as everything in the pokemon world seems)?
...[/primarilybackstory] What happens in the actual game plotwise (garnering Johto badges doesn't really cut it...that's boring)? Or is that 'confidential'...?
Previously: Agent Zero
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links