The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire://Krimm View Post
Looks great you guys :D I'm still working on beating the beta myself XD -everyone points and calls a Slowpoke-

But I noticed one thing missing xP

Yeah, I saw Rijon Adventures didn't have any userbars o.o; and it's such a great project, so why not have one? xD

It's up to you if you use it :3
It's probably because I shun them.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:49 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire://Krimm View Post
But I noticed one thing missing xP

Yeah, I saw Rijon Adventures didn't have any userbars o.o; and it's such a great project, so why not have one? xD
I should probably agree on this one, Haruk---Haraken...

Old January 4th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Doesn't change the fact that I shun them. D;

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Ikwaylx
Man with 10000 pronounciations

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ikwaylx
I can't believe the rarity of some of the Pokemon in this game. I spent 10 minutes searching for a Pinsir in the Mt. Boulder Range, and I'm looking for a Zangoose in the haunted forest entrance which is equally rare. No luck yet, and I wannta the Zangoose.
EDIT: I found it about 40 seconds after posting this. In all it took 15 minutes to find!
Great hack so far, I'm up to the Moraga gym, but that Sceptile is one tough customer.

Glitch!

I was getting my zangoose out of the PC, and the text disappeared! This is what it looks like

The status screen went totally blank, this was after I attempted to grab an item from my Dugtrio which I deposited. I'm using the Squirrels ROM, so it probably isn't my ROM, but I'm not sure. If it helps, the text also disappears when I click A on a pokemon, there was no option to pick it up or look at it's summary. Odd.

Last edited by Ikwaylx; January 4th, 2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Zowayix
hi

Question: Will all 386 pkmn be catchable in the final version of rijonAdventures?

(Personally, I prefer trading)

And Ikwaylx, if you're using the Squirrels ROM, find a clean ROM. That one isn't clean. Maybe that's the reason for the glitch.

Last edited by Zowayix; January 4th, 2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Ikwaylx
Man with 10000 pronounciations

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ikwaylx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowayix View Post
And Ikwaylx, if you're using the Squirrels ROM, find a clean ROM. That one isn't clean. Maybe that's the reason for the glitch.
Really? I downloaded that ROM because I was assured it was clean, apparently it's the one that was used for the hack. Besides, UPS patchers detect unclean ROMs anyway, so I really doubt that it'd be unclean.
Well, it never happened again, so it was probably an off chance.
Old January 4th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Circus

UPS file won't patch.

Error: Input checksum invalid

edit: it worked, i re-downloaded everything. it seems that i needed to use a clean ROM hehe

edit again: I've noticed a bug, I am at Merson City and when I try to challenge the gym leader my rival shows up wanting to battle, but when the battle scenes shows up the screen goes black.

Last edited by Circus; January 4th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:25 PM
eevee-master
Beginning Trainer

ive found a glich in azela town, near the pond with the slowpoke, there is a revive, and when you pick it up, and move away, the revive reapears, and you can recollect it.
it realy helps if you cant afford anything
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Disturbed
O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
Give you an idea? Now, that would be no fun. And, to be honest, we barely made it through alive. Does that give you a good enough hint?

To be truthful, it is quite easy to train more than one Pokémon, so long as you battle through all of the wild Pokémon. Heck, I kept up five Pokémon above the levels for a little while. The later Gyms are also accessible in the original. They did that with FireRed, too. Didn't you notice that you could just skip the third badge and move onto the fourth if you wanted to?

Don't forget, the method I used, training only but a Charizard got me through it... and since when did you beat rijonAdventuresX? I didn't know that =O
And problems with Cameo, I never tested it myself but I'll be sure to check it out and hopefully release a more stable version for you all to patch onto your previous one.
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
derventa
Beginning Trainer

I have the first 5 badges, and the 7th badge. I have no clue where the 6th gym is, or what to do now..
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:39 PM
GKS
Retired Hacker

Nature: Calm
Nice layout for your hack, and congratulations on winning the Hack of the Year. This is a pretty cool hack, and well developed too.
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikwaylx View Post
I can't believe the rarity of some of the Pokemon in this game. I spent 10 minutes searching for a Pinsir in the Mt. Boulder Range, and I'm looking for a Zangoose in the haunted forest entrance which is equally rare. No luck yet, and I wannta the Zangoose.
EDIT: I found it about 40 seconds after posting this. In all it took 15 minutes to find!
Great hack so far, I'm up to the Moraga gym, but that Sceptile is one tough customer.

Glitch!

I was getting my zangoose out of the PC, and the text disappeared! This is what it looks like

The status screen went totally blank, this was after I attempted to grab an item from my Dugtrio which I deposited. I'm using the Squirrels ROM, so it probably isn't my ROM, but I'm not sure. If it helps, the text also disappears when I click A on a pokemon, there was no option to pick it up or look at it's summary. Odd.
No, he found a geniune glitch and I'm able to replicate it. How I will deal with the issue is another question.

That's Our Switch.
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Circus

Will you answer my question, I'm kind of stuck ... ?
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus View Post
Will you answer my question, I'm kind of stuck ... ?
Hmm, it didn't happen to me... :\
Old January 4th, 2009, 05:59 PM
FinalZero

I'm stuck. I've gotten 4 badges, but I'm not sure where the 5th Gym is. I can't go through the gym in Seashore City because I don't have surf. And I can't go east of Jaeru City because the guard won't let me through because he's thirsty. Where's the Tea to make him let me through?
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Ninja Caterpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalZero View Post
I'm stuck. I've gotten 4 badges, but I'm not sure where the 5th Gym is. I can't go through the gym in Seashore City because I don't have surf. And I can't go east of Jaeru City because the guard won't let me through because he's thirsty. Where's the Tea to make him let me through?
A guy in Moraga likes beer a lot. :D
Old January 4th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus View Post
UPS file won't patch.

Error: Input checksum invalid

edit: it worked, i re-downloaded everything. it seems that i needed to use a clean ROM hehe

edit again: I've noticed a bug, I am at Merson City and when I try to challenge the gym leader my rival shows up wanting to battle, but when the battle scenes shows up the screen goes black.
Are you playing the X version or the original? There might be a difference.
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:00 PM
PIKAX
Beginning Trainer

This is IMPOSSIBLE i fight scott sure easy level 26's but then next thing i know a gym leader has pokemon and it is level 33s? and a 40?! my god where do i go after scott to level up i went all the way to the haunted forest and fought my rival and nuthing else and trainers after that town are level 37s is there a team rocket event im missing or wut?!
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Ninja Caterpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIKAX View Post
This is IMPOSSIBLE i fight scott sure easy level 26's but then next thing i know a gym leader has pokemon and it is level 33s? and a 40?! my god where do i go after scott to level up i went all the way to the haunted forest and fought my rival and nuthing else and trainers after that town are level 37s is there a team rocket event im missing or wut?!
No, there's no missing event. Moraga has the next gym, and it's hard all right.

I had trained up only two Pokemon and I was underleveled by ten by the time I was at the last gym. And I don't really like Pokemon that much, so I just gave up at the Elite Four as I just won't bring myself to train. >.< But I can't go to South Rijon now....>.<
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:31 PM
PIKAX
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
No, there's no missing event. Moraga has the next gym, and it's hard all right.

I had trained up only two Pokemon and I was underleveled by ten by the time I was at the last gym. And I don't really like Pokemon that much, so I just gave up at the Elite Four as I just won't bring myself to train. >.< But I can't go to South Rijon now....>.<
wow that just sucks for people who don't like to train for 5 hours stright to keep up -.-' (me)
Old January 5th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Circus

Nope I downloaded the Official Release.
Old January 5th, 2009, 01:27 PM
FinalZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Caterpie View Post
A guy in Moraga likes beer a lot. :D
Ah, much thanks.

Btw, here are some errors I ran across, my apologies if they have already been stated.

1) In the mailbox there's a message saying: "If you're nearby, come home for a while.". The very end part of the message is off the screen on the far right so that only the "whi" part of "while" can be seen.

2) When using fly in castro forest or eagolou park, the player's icon in the fly screen is where viridian forest and the safari zone were in FRLG.

3) Trainer "Sis and Bro Lia and Luc" at the Rijon Strait have spaces after their name, which causes the next word to be spaced far to the right of it.

4) Bird Keeper Roger has spaces (many more so than 3)) after his name. He's on the first island to the west of southedge bay.

5) At Talrus Foothill, after the guy that checks for the white badge there's a tile in the southeast with a sitrus berry that doesn't have the standard shadow on the ground signifying a berry's there.

6) Said by an old man in a building on the west side of Owsauri: "Owsauri is popular for it's game corner. But Moraga is great for it's beer." If one wants to be a grammar nazi, it's "its" instead of "it's".

7) Caitlyn from the Mt. Boulder Range that gives you a Water Stone does so ad infinitum. One can leave the area via the building to the left or the cave to the north, and then return to her to get yet another Water Stone.

8) I'm not sure if this is a bug, but on the map the path south of Jaeru City has no title even though it's shaded like a road, as it should be two tiles to the left, as that's where the path in game really is.

Other Thoughts:
The difficulty level after gym leaders 3 or 4 rises incredibly, which is entertaining for a challenge. Also, the design of the gym where all the trainers were invisible was very inventive. It left me rather dissapointed when I went to battle in the gym with the leader who uses dark types, since it consisted of nothing more than just the leader. I look forward to future improvements to this this hack.

Last edited by FinalZero; January 5th, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
neo101
Beginning Trainer

Is the 8th gym in Azalea Town or somewhere in Rijon?
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:41 PM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo101 View Post
Is the 8th gym in Azalea Town or somewhere in Rijon?
Did you check Seashore city. I'm sure that's where the Gym is? You must have CUT.
Old January 6th, 2009, 05:24 PM
piotr_mil
Beginning Trainer

What happened with Dad after elite four? I need him to sign the permission :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here