• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Wow, I'm not quintuple posting. This really can't be avoided though, I mean no one responds to me.

Well I have now completed my video tutorial for splicing in paint. It doesn't quite show off too many advanced techniques, just because those things fall under actual spriting skills, and those take way longer to teach. The video is in 4 parts. I explain everything pretty in depth though, so I think it is worth it. Beginners I think can make pretty good splices if they stop and watch the whole thing. I also narrate it, so there isn't a ton of reading you have to do either. It is also done live, and the splice I did blind, so the example splice isn't my best, but it shows what needs to be done with most.

Video Splicing Tutorial

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
i don't like them that much(no offence)

None taken, but any reason why. In fact what is it you don't like much? I mean I have a lot of different things here, and it'd be nice to know what I need to work more on.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Today is a special day. Day that only comes once a year. I like to think back to the past on this day, and think of all the new things that come. Long ago on this very day the world was changed. Something new was brought into the world. Many consider it a miracle. Ever since that time, people have thought about that miracle with joy in their eyes. Truly mankind was bettered by this thing.

Now long after it, I celebrate this time with all my heart. I think about those who don't believe in that miracle, and see it as nothing, and I almost question it. How could they not enjoy it? Well I try to forget that though, not to let myself down.

They say that on this day is the day for sharing and caring. I agree with that. Truly this day is very much about sharing. It's about letting your friends, family, and those less fortunate to all join together in harmony.

Yes, many days ago on this same day it all began. I think it would be proper for us to stop and think about that moment in time. How it has effected us so dearly...

I of course have been referring to my splices this whole time. That's right everyone, one year ago as of today I first started and debuted my splices. Apparently I had nothing better to do on Christmas than to sit around and combine Pokemon. Also not to long ago you may recall I posted my 40th sheet. Now I see this is a good accomplishment. In one year I've made 40 sheets of splices, at least about 6 on each sheet. I've made well over 240 splices that means. Well if you remember some time back, when I hit the 20 mark, I made a special sheet to show off the things that I adored and things I thought didn't' get enough spot light. So here it is:

40thAniversary.png

Well I hope you all enjoy this little treat. I know it's not much, but I mean I think it's a nice way to celebrate =P

Mitchman

Banned
Years
This thread is like you have an update of a website i cant believe your sprites arent popular. I still love em and keep spriting.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Thanks Mitchman.

A new Fakemon sheet and done. With this sheet done I also declare that soon the region will be complete, at least in concept. The only remaining Fakemon to make are legendaries. This also means that I think I could soon begin an RP for it. A few things still have to be figured out, but I don't predict said things to take too long. I also realized somewhere along the lines I screwed up my dex #'s. It's not too big of a deal since I'll be messing with the order later on. I should be at about 645 if I remember correctly.

So on the todo list:
-Splices
-Fakemon moves/other left out bits
-Figuring how to work the RP
-Deciding on the site I'll host the RP

That last one I wish I could decide on. I'm going to have to host it one location, I don't want to run like 5 different RP's. At the same time I feel bad about make everyone who wants to join it have to sign up on a new site somewhere. I also have to be smart about the site I choose. I don't want to flood the wrong site with a whole bunch of random users. If anyone has a good suggestion, I'm all ears. If you want it here, let me know, if you want it somewhere else, let me know. I'm open to suggestions and I'm going to probably go with what the fans want.

FakemonSheet14.png

606 - Pichu
607 - Pikachu
608 - Raichu

609 - Cubone
610 - Marowak

611 - Magikarp
612 - Gharados

613 - Venonat
614 - Venomoth
615 - Venora: Bug/Poison type. Evolves from Venomoth in an unknown way. "This monster of a Pokemon is supposedly able to shoot lightning from its antennae, and have psychic powers."

616 - Heracrash: Bug Type. Evolves into Heracross at level 25. "It uses it's powerful horn to run into trees and try and knock fruit down from them."
617 - Heracross

618 - Bagbird: Ice Type. Evolves into Delibird at Level 20. "Bagbird collects small objects and stores them in its bag like tail. It then gives them to it's parent or trainer."
619 - Delibird
620 - Postian: Ice/Flying Type. Evolvse from Delibird in an unknown way. "This Pokemon can deliver almost anything. It's said that it's bag has no bottom."

621 - Shroomish
622 - Breloom
623 - Flintoom: Grass/Fire Type. Evolves from Shroomish in an unknown way. "The spores it shoots out from the ends of its arms can burn much like fire can."

624 - Seel
625 - Dewgong

626 - Zubat
627 - Golbat
628 - Crobat

629 - Geodude
630 - Graveller
631 - Golem

632 - Tentacool
633 - Tentacruel

634 - Billybolt: Electric/Dark Type. "Scurrying along the floors of caves, this Pokemon lights dark tunnels. It is ironically afraid of the dark."
635 - Gowatt: Electric/Dark Type. Evolves from Billybolt at level 30. "Able to scale tall mountains, Gowatts tend to stay near the tip of mountains where they can stay close to storm clouds and recharge."
636 - Ramsurge: Electric/Dark Type. Evolves from Gowatt at level 50. "Legend says that Ramsurges prance atop storm clouds to create lightning storms."

------------------------------

Years
Okay I've benn looking through all your sprites. Now I must get to the hard part and um kinda criticise you. Now this doesn't mean your should stop I remember when I wasn't the greatest but I never gave-up. It's just I think I need to post something so here it goes (this is for your own good). Now first of all You do a decent job of making lineart but your Fakemon are very...well they're very un-Pokemonish and I don't really like them. Second of all you know what your doing when you splice but it seems like you get a little carried away and it's all copy and paste with no adjustments at all. I mean don't get me wrong and don't just quit but I think it works out better for a Spriter to receive some harsh criticism seeming as though I grew up in a harsh pixeling forum but it worked better for me and got me to get better. SO don't quit but improve and look for ways to improve. Study up Pokemon sprites, look for tutorials and you'll get btter, you usually do as long as you keep going and continue to learn.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Wow, you were really worried that I was going to quit just because of a tad of critique. Don't worry, I understand the purpose of critique. I myself critique people at another forum. I agree about the Fakemon not being very Pokemonish. I'm not very good at forcing my style into another one. When I try, it gets mixed up with my own. Admittingly though I dont' fight personal style too much, since I'm still new to spriting, I'd like to develope and enhance my own style. Once Fakemon are done, I won't be doing too many. I view my Fakemon as practice for spriting. Aside from that though I'm glad you like the line art. I think one problem is the concepts maybe. A lot of my things are plain, but that's because I'm a plain person at heart, and I like plain =P.

I don't quite get what you mean by getting carried away. Also I know I've done a lot of copy/paste in the past, but as of recently I thought I've been getting away from that more. Things like Dialga+Xatu, or Mewtwo+Kyogre I don't remember doing any Copy/paste. I can't say I'll stop copy/paste, sometimes it's fun, like a puzzle almost. I also see it like a specific style.

I agree with you, a spriter need critism. I post my stuff not jsut for praise, but for the critique. I want to be better, and I thank you for taking the time tell me what you don't like. I don't think looking up more Pokemon sprites can help me. I mean I've been dealing closely enough with them to make my splices and for some Fakemon.

Thanks again for the critisizing. I will try and keep these things in mind for the next time I do some spriting and what not.

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2009
They're alright, and you certainly have quantity. I do like the luxray + magnezone, which is saying something because I hate it when fusions are obvious like that. I dunno, I've always considered it hack work, but I'm coming around slowly to it after visiting this site, so don't be too offended by my present opinion.

Years
Well I'm glad you aren't immature like the others and I'm glad you will continue. I see some great sprits from you in the future. Also glad to see you accept criticism I've noticed some people who just get all whiney and get the admins to ban. I plan to actually check around here more and more to watch your progress. It's always nice to see a new spriter. Anyways keep up the new work and update me with your new works through some PMs it'd be pretty cool to watch someone get better cause it's fun to see people advance in spriting like I have since I was a newbie to spriting. Keep it up :)

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well here is good old sheet 41. The cool thing about this sheet is I actually have something that isn't a request. Seakirdraphlock is something that I picked the Pokemon itself for. I know this doesn't sound like much, but lately it seems like I do only requests. I also tried something new and different on that splice, I don't know if anyone will quite notice what though.

SpliceSheet41.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Tales_of_Raizou_by_Jappio01.png

Here is my newest sprite I've been working on. It's once again my RP character Raizou. This time though I have an all new style and purpose. I've finally been able to shrink the size of my sprites down. I was attempting to do it in the style of Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 for the GBA. It's a Japanese only spin off of the 'Tales of' series. I'm told it doesn't quite match that style. I seem to not be able to imitate style very well, since I can't seem to imitate Pokemon or 'Tales of'. I guess I don't mind that too much, I'm ok with having my own style.

This version of Raizou has a few small changes though. He is not wearing his gauntlets in this sprite. I did this moreso out of laziness though. Gray gauntlets holding a gray axe over gray chain mail is kind of hard to see, so I decided to not go with the hassle and just make him gauntletless. He also does not have belts going over his chest like normal. Instead his shield I'll just say is being held up by the belt across his waist. I didn't want to cover the chest I worked so hard on by them, so that's why I omitted him.

I plan on making multiple frames for this guy. The idea is I want him to be put into a fighting game. This is probably just his basic standing pose. Obviously I'm far from being now, but I got the first sprite out of the way. C+C would be greatly adored since I consider this one of my best works yet, and I want it just to get better and better.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2009
Awsome work Jappio. Better presented than I have seen it before if you know what I meen. Lol keep it up man.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Today I am starting the RP for my region. Now for anyone interested, I will have to let you know it is not on this site. This is done because I didn't want to favor any site. This makes it fair for everyone. Now I have multiple spots open in this RP, and more can be made if I see fit. So feel free to come and join. Once at the site, make sure you look over the rules, I will be strict. To join make sure you PM me first so I can talk to you personally about it. Now you all may be wondering where the site is. Do to possible site rules I will not include in this post. Lets just say that looking in my profile may help for the search. Remember this region will be mirroring my Captace region, and will have all the Fakemon in it.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well here is the newest sheet. Lots of stuff again though so let me explain a couple of things.

The top right Cubsaureon won me a one on one contest, its creation is also on my Youtube account, link here: Splicing Demonstration

The 6 part dude on the right is pretty neat. Gave me a ton of trouble but I think I worked it out. In case you can't tell, the two on the bottom with th beaks, those beaks are actually Celebi's wing. A little obscure, so I decided to point it out.

Trainer Orange is something I threw together for my RP. It's the character I'm playing. I also plan on her being the main female character of my region. Yes, it's official, my Game will be "Pokemon Orange", because it's an awesome color.

Hard to miss Kilos. He is one of my friend's RP character. It's basically known as a Quilin, a special dragon/unicorn beast. Has ram horns and the whiskers of an oriental dragon. The scales are rainbow colored and he is on fire. The middle bottom one is the one I"ve chose to be the best, the rest are either older versions or little experiments I was doing.

I actually made Quadpedal Mewtwo before I made Luxtwo. I realized when doing that splice I was doing way too little Luxray, but like Quadpedal Mewtwo, so I kept both.

Tried something different with Ho-Lugebi. I think a good word for it would be "hybrid". I could be wrong though.

Yes, I attempted making a Gundam out of Pokemon parts. The request also wanted it to be light green in color, but I decided to include classic blue also.

SpliceSheet42.png

I also have an announcement to make. For my next sheet or two, I'd like to actually REDO some splices. If any of you here think anything could be done better, let me know, I'll try and fix it up. Try and pick out stuff you'd like to see done better, instead of just picking random bad things that you don't care about =P

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well I've begun remaking all my Fakemon in the 3rd gen style. This not only allows me to try and remake/fix my Fakemon to look better, but make them actually fit into the limitations of a GBA game. If the time comes for these guys to be put to use now, they can. I've done the first 3 Fakemon I've done, and I plan to continue on in the same order. I altered poses for the 2nd two, edited the first form. C+C, ridicule, or whatever is all welcomed at this point. I plan to go back and fix anything I can.

3rdgenFakemonSheet1.png

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Wow. All your stuff is really great, especially your newer Fakemon. They are a large improvement on the old versions, so kudos to you for that. However, the first form looks too bland and boring, like a regualr bird. Anyways, keep it up, you're a great spriter! ;)

Back