• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zeikku’s Graphical Hacking Tutorial for Fire Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Oh, sorry D-Trogh. I'll do that.

Anyways, Zeikku, I figured out the boot screen thing...for a second. But when I redid the palletes, it completely messed up and gave me a black screen. I'll try repointing the pallete to a free offset.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
This tutorial is coming together nicely. I would like to see it when you are finished with everything else

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
How embaressing...

Eheh... as you can assume from the rest of this post, im very new to this. I can do all the other steps fine, they're fairly simple, I just can't seem to find the pallette viewer :\
If anyone could just give me a quick answer, I'd appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Eheh... as you can assume from the rest of this post, im very new to this. I can do all the other steps fine, they're fairly simple, I just can't seem to find the pallette viewer :\
If anyone could just give me a quick answer, I'd appreciate it.

Ehmm.. In VBA go to Tools - Palette Viewer...

Anyways any updates on this soon?

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Theres your problem

Ehmm.. In VBA go to Tools - Palette Viewer...
Ah. Im using the newest VBA (VBA v 0.6.0.1), not enough posts to link you to photobucket, but the synopsis is that there isn't a tools tab, only file, options, cheats, and help. Anywhoo, thanks, I'll try another version.

MAN AM I BAD AT THIS OR WHAT? xD
So I was using the oldest version all along.

Last edited:

HentaiHentai

Banned
Years
well I'll write up the other tutorials when I hve a computer again, It's under repairs..using ps3 to go online

With STRCIT credits is there any way you would be willing to share those gorgeous tiles. In your sig? The trees.

edit: You are an amazing graphics editor. lol I was just admiring the battle platforms...Like I mentioned before, there is always the risk of plagerism but I really admire your work. Are you willing to share or take requests for some of your work?

Last edited:

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
This was helpf..

This was helpfull.. But I need to Understand more. Make more, they'e good.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I have got a problem there's five frames in the backsprites in fr/lg your touturial only shows four frames how do i get to the last one??????

scroll down on tile molester lol

hentai, ill send you my tileset tomorow, but i have a spriting thread on pc so check it out, im on ps3 again so i cant link, but theres a rule about my tiles which ill explain tomorrow

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
The back sprite tutorial can also be used to edit professor birch in ruby.
Picture offset: 0x39DBF4
pallete offset: 0x39E414

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
The backsprites was nice... When I was a noob, we had to work with the weird colors, and we liked it! xD Thanks for bringing me some light! :)
By the way, your text boxes are amazing! They make your rom hack look outstandingly professional.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
what dimensions do the backsprite ned to be?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
well up to 64x64 for each frame NTA, and foullump thanks man, you were an inspiration all the way from the Ncraze days, if you ever need help on white graphically, i can always help :P

I should really write more tutorials :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I used the same concept of editing the back sprite to edit the door animations found in FR and Ruby, and it worked (Found offsets myself using VBA). However.. I tried it with editing the waves in Ruby to make them look like in FR but lol it didn't really work out.. way too hard.

Anyways I can't wait for the trainer card part.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
In time yes, Because its exclusive to Liquid Crystal, I'll stall a bit.
I'm trying to find inspiration. so bare with me if the tutorials are going slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back