The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 14th, 2009 (06:05 AM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPro. View Post
Alright, I has a little question for all you script junkies. Is there a movement command that makes the player jump back while looking up? And if so, what is it?
ya mean like Prof. Elm's movement after you gave him the PKMN EGG in the original Gold/Silver/Crystal, right?

well, I dunno. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo0 View Post
Not Only Growlithe
Every Pokemon i use
if you want to see the rom i'll give it to you
er, no thanks~
but try once again with a clean ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish646 View Post
are there any hacking tools for mystery dungeon?
yah, there is. sebbe, or Gabe_c has some PMD hacking tools located in the Toolbox section.
Old January 14th, 2009 (06:18 AM).
fish646
Beginning Trainer

ok, are there any hacking tools BESIDES starter editor???
Old January 14th, 2009 (06:22 AM).
DemonParia
Gangsterfresh Swagmaster

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DemonParia
Hi, I'm not totally sure if this is a 'simple question', but when I was using a custom tileset (Kyledove's DS Gen-esque tileset) for FireRed I had loads of problems with it, and I've fixed all of them except one.

On the custom houses, when opening the door, it glitches the tiles of the house to the left and right of the door and makes them look like a door animation on the glitched tiles, one frame of the door animation per tile.

Walking out of house

Outside of house

It makes the line of tiles to the left and right of the door messed up. I talked with a friend about it and he suggested something about editing the animation manually, but he hasn't been online to explain that. I really need an explanation and a way to fix it, because there's no way I can release a hack with this...
Old January 14th, 2009 (01:39 PM).
Mortar
Trainer

Whenever I battle someone and the Poké Balls appear, I get this error:

Instead of leaving a black trail, they leave a trail like this.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Old January 14th, 2009 (01:46 PM). Edited January 14th, 2009 by Thrace.
Liquid Shadow
xD

Originally Posted by demonparia View Post
Spoiler:
Hi, I'm not totally sure if this is a 'simple question', but when I was using a custom tileset (Kyledove's DS Gen-esque tileset) for FireRed I had loads of problems with it, and I've fixed all of them except one.

On the custom houses, when opening the door, it glitches the tiles of the house to the left and right of the door and makes them look like a door animation on the glitched tiles, one frame of the door animation per tile.

Walking out of house

Outside of house

It makes the line of tiles to the left and right of the door messed up. I talked with a friend about it and he suggested something about editing the animation manually, but he hasn't been online to explain that. I really need an explanation and a way to fix it, because there's no way I can release a hack with this...
I'm having the same problem, so I can't help on that. xD

Here's a question that is MUCH more simple than the questions I have been asking around here.

If someone lets me use a map of theirs from the map rating thread, how exactly do I use it if its just an image?

4 truths of life
1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.
3. And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
Old January 14th, 2009 (02:22 PM).
DemonParia
Gangsterfresh Swagmaster

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DemonParia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNemesis View Post
I'm having the same problem, so I can't help on that. xD

Here's a question that is MUCH more simple than the questions I have been asking around here.

If someone lets me use a map of theirs from the map rating thread, how exactly do I use it if its just an image?

You'd look at it and copy it. Oh, and thanks for getting my hopes up when I saw someone had replied, then crashing my hopes down.
Old January 14th, 2009 (04:13 PM).
Liquid Shadow
xD

You'd look at it and copy it. Oh, and thanks for getting my hopes up when I saw someone had replied, then crashing my hopes down.
I think you have to edit the tiles. I don't know exactly how, I have to find the offsets and stuff. Look at thethethethe's tutorial on grass animation it might explain a little bit more on editing animations like flowers, doors, etc.

Sorry if I upped your hopes up again lol.

4 truths of life
1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.
3. And discover that the first truth is a lie.
4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.
Old January 14th, 2009 (04:42 PM).
skandia4444
Beginning Trainer

how long does it usually take to get an answer in these forums just wondering what to expect not trying to rush anything
Old January 14th, 2009 (05:36 PM).
The Abyss
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
It depends on your question. If a lot of people know it's usually quick but if it's advanced you may have to wait a while.

Now how I keep a sprite hidden from a level script after it's occured? I can't remember how and I can find the Tut.

Old January 14th, 2009 (05:38 PM).
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Alright, I has a little question for all you script junkies. Is there a movement command that makes the player jump back while looking up? And if so, what is it?
0x47 I think.

Quote:

Walking out of house

Outside of house

Using the last 12 8x8 blocks in a tileset will give you the above result. You need to move those tiles elsewhere in the tileset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror179 View Post
It depends on your question. If a lot of people know it's usually quick but if it's advanced you may have to wait a while.

Now how I keep a sprite hidden from a level script after it's occured? I can't remember how and I can find the Tut.
You need to set the Person ID of the sprite to a flag that is set in that level script.
Old January 14th, 2009 (05:44 PM).
The Abyss
Trainer

Damn...If I could move 2000km in a second I would hug you right now

Old January 14th, 2009 (06:30 PM).
amassenburg
Unhatched Egg

are there any tilesets that are like free lke people wont mind if i use it cause i really dont like the emerald layout(mostley trees)
Old January 14th, 2009 (06:32 PM).
The Abyss
Trainer

Go Here
These are for free but most are for FireRed or Ruby.

Old January 14th, 2009 (07:12 PM).
amassenburg
Unhatched Egg

am i allowed to post storylines for our games to see if people like it before i make a new thred for my game?
Old January 14th, 2009 (07:17 PM).
The Abyss
Trainer

In the Scrapbox there is a Sticky for that.

Old January 14th, 2009 (09:51 PM). Edited January 14th, 2009 by Darthatron.
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
I'm not a junkie. I just need to script every day, otherwise I have withdrawal. :\

Anyway...

0x47 = Jump Facing Down (Up)

That's what you want, I think.

EDIT: This is for FireRed by the way.
Old January 14th, 2009 (10:00 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNemesis View Post
Sorry if I upped your hopes up again lol.
that's not funny at any viewpoint whatsoever.

Quote:
can you upload the tileset you are using?
probably, you inserted new tiles on the bottom part of the tileset.
usually, the bottom part of the tilesets are used by animations, such as doors and such.
Old January 15th, 2009 (12:26 AM).
Ark_Silvanos

aight....so i decided i wanted to hack....then decided to start with hacking ruby.....so then i started reading some tutorials on changing the region map.....only problem is.......the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....

Then i found another tutorial for hacking the region in fr/lg(by haefele i think.....).....so anyway.......i was gonna follow a similar approach for ruby.....but then i reached the end part where u gotta change the pointer in a hex editor.....thing is......i dunno what the hex code for the region map pointer is.....i mean.....the author gave the pointers for the region maps in FR/LG......so after searching very hard.....i decided to ask here.......does any1 know what i'm supposed to be changing??????

[TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg(this is the tutorial i'm talking bout.....)(i would put a link....but apparently i'm 13 posts short..........)
Old January 15th, 2009 (01:52 AM).
Sky

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 12345
I change world map ruby with A-Map but it doesn't work in Fly Map.
Help me.
Old January 15th, 2009 (04:47 AM).
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
I'm not a junkie. I just need to script every day, otherwise I have withdrawal. :\

Anyway...

0x47 = Jump Facing Down (Up)

That's what you want, I think.

EDIT: This is for FireRed by the way.
I actually wanted the opposite of that. I want him to face up, then jump back. Thanks though.
Old January 15th, 2009 (05:15 AM).
Ark_Silvanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
I change world map ruby with A-Map but it doesn't work in Fly Map.
Help me.

huh? I thought A-Map couldn't change how the world map looked....just the data?
Old January 15th, 2009 (05:31 AM).
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark_Silvanos View Post
huh? I thought A-Map couldn't change how the world map looked....just the data?
That's right, you have to edit the World map appearance in a program like Cyclone, a tilemap editor.
Old January 15th, 2009 (05:36 AM).
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark_Silvanos View Post
aight....so i decided i wanted to hack....then decided to start with hacking ruby.....so then i started reading some tutorials on changing the region map.....only problem is.......the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....

Then i found another tutorial for hacking the region in fr/lg(by haefele i think.....).....so anyway.......i was gonna follow a similar approach for ruby.....but then i reached the end part where u gotta change the pointer in a hex editor.....thing is......i dunno what the hex code for the region map pointer is.....i mean.....the author gave the pointers for the region maps in FR/LG......so after searching very hard.....i decided to ask here.......does any1 know what i'm supposed to be changing??????

[TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg(this is the tutorial i'm talking bout.....)(i would put a link....but apparently i'm 13 posts short..........)
Ruby is completely different from Fire Red... and it's impossible to create a new map in ruby with traditionals method (I think with ASM it is "possible", but very very difficult). So you have to follow tutorials for Ruby.

Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
Old January 15th, 2009 (05:44 AM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andryandrew View Post
Ruby is completely different from Fire Red... and it's impossible to create a new map in ruby with traditionals method (I think with ASM it is "possible", but very very difficult). So you have to follow tutorials for Ruby.
Actually, creating a worldmap in ruby is much easier than Fire Red, and simpler too.

Simply Draw out your new map. (Being sure the map is of the same width and height as the origonal)
Then make a tileset out of it conforming to the standard 4bpp format
then load them into NTME, Cyclone, or PTC and put the map together like a puzzle.

Then load the ROM into unLZgba and find the worldmap tles, and replace them with your own.
Then find the World Map TileMap and do the same.

That is to edit the appearance.
Then load your game into Advance Map and open the World Map Data Editor, and change your map data according to your map's image, and Vioal! Magnifico! You are done!
(Well, Aside from editing the pallet of colors that appear on your map... hehe.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old January 15th, 2009 (06:01 AM).
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Actually, creating a worldmap in ruby is much easier than Fire Red, and simpler too.

Simply Draw out your new map. (Being sure the map is of the same width and height as the origonal)
Then make a tileset out of it conforming to the standard 4bpp format
then load them into NTME, Cyclone, or PTC and put the map together like a puzzle.

Then load the ROM into unLZgba and find the worldmap tles, and replace them with your own.
Then find the World Map TileMap and do the same.

That is to edit the appearance.
Then load your game into Advance Map and open the World Map Data Editor, and change your map data according to your map's image, and Vioal! Magnifico! You are done!
(Well, Aside from editing the pallet of colors that appear on your map... hehe.
Yes, you can MODIFY the worldMap, but you cannot create a NEW ONE (like Ark_Silvanos wanted to do)
Quote:
the only tutorial i found for Ruby was only editing the existing map....not creating a new 1....

Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links