• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Moonlight Version [RMXP]

Auistle

seTranquility.
Years
Nytkoi, you have a pretty solid game going on here. I'd like to post some suggestions/ideas/constructive crit, if you don't mind. I'm a fellow gamer, so they won't be nooby.

The overall game is pretty well done. It's structure is well, and the maps look pretty solid. Yet, I can see right through what you're doing. You're trying to give your maps a 'real' look. Even if this is a great look, it's hard to come by. Take a look at PokemonOI's Pokemon Malachite; I think he has the maps you're aiming for. Also, on to some other things. The tiles are pretty relevant recolors, but you might want to edit some of the shading here and there. Tiles are very important, as you hopefully already knew. Your game's graphics seem as solid as your maps, and guessing by your skill in graphic design, I'd say it's about to get better. I can also see you're trying to catch up with some of the other games in updates. That's fine as well. It's never bad to catch up. You're game is pretty good, but I think a block is starting to form on your road to finishing the game. Fakemon. I've taken a look at you're spriters; they aren't that active. I suggest you act fast. Also, now that you've found the light and understood how to make battles, that's pretty much all you need to do. I also think you might even be able to make a video sooner or later. Good luck.
[/constructivecritism] XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2009
Looks like a nice Pokemon game,
But wich game hack is it or isnt it a hack??

Nicely done..

Gonna check it out later.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Oh, thank you Blazers.
Sorry for forgetting, but the poll I posted earlier which no one answered is closed. The answer was to fight in that japanese arena. But, the next update will show something or someone who won't let you in without a fight! Coming soon~

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I love posting just before updates =( It's what I happen to be good at... And besides I answered your survey! You WERE supposed to shoot them, correct? Oh well. However, you still didn't reply to my suggestion from a while ago. Did you take them into account?

.emma-kun

accumilate.
Years
Wow! I have been gone so long :/ You never told me you were intrested in this! Anyways, great work! You're amazing at graphics and RMXP now! 8D

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years

Pokemon Moonlight: The Mystery of PokeRus

The newest update of Pokemon Moonlight!

Welcome to Pokemon Moonlight, the Mystery of PokeRus! After a week or two of a very sad tradedgy, which is quoted here from one of my threads:

Well, today at school, we were having a normal any other day. Me and my friends were laughing and doing our work, and introducing the new girl in our class. That is, until an hour ago...

Our teachers took us into a 6th grade teacher's old room, which was cleaned out. Then, the principal came in. We all thought is was just a lockdown. ( a lockdown is when someone comes into your school and sells things with out going to the office first. That means the person is a stranger and could harm the children. Then the teachers bring us all to a certain room and lock the door untill the get the Okay Sign in their walkie-talkies.)

Anyways, when we thought it was a lockdown. You see, I have a best friend. A year and a month ago, he was diagonsed with Lupus. (More information about this tragic sickness here.) But, at first it wasn't that serious. He was doing fine, and made friends (ie. Me) and played sports as usual. Yet, the first month, his mother hesitated about going outside becuase he was first showing symptoms of Lupus at a soccer game.

Now, back to the 'lockdown'. Well, it was no lockdown... On the last week of christmas break, this friend of me caught the flu, only making his serious sickness worse. So, it all resulted this morning.

He died.

It was very sad; I can't believe I'm bringing myself to type about this. All of the kids in our class started bawling, and after a few minutes, we were sent to our rooms. Note that this was after lunchtime. Soon, the principal called his best friends to have a talk with them. With suprise, she called out my name, Eneko's name, and someone else's. We went to the prinipal's and discussed what happened. It was very sad. Then, the teachers started asking their students if they wanted to leave. It's very logical to let us leave early; we were all crying so we couldn't focus on work.

And guess what? I had a dental appointment today o.o'

This thread is just to ask some other members if one of their close friends have passed away, and how tragic it was. Of course, if you don't feel like posting about it, that is perfectly fine with me.
To view the whole thread, click here. This quote was posted January 7th, 2009

This, along with midterms, has made Pokemon Moonlight take a few steps back in development. OF course, it wasn't completly stopped, but with midterms and the thought of a loved one that had passed away, it's kind of hard to make a game. But, I started working on the game some more this weekend, and today I have quite a bit to show you all.

What's this? A New Hero?

That's right! Just as I promised, I would give you the new hero/heroine soon. Here are some screenshots of the character in action!
credit to me for the back sprite, credit to esmas and $_$ for OW.
2gvo9hi.png
23sw3e0.png

33c8bi8.png
15dwbd3.png

All images, sprites, pokemon, ideas, etc. are copyright
Pokemon Moonlight 2008. Do not steal.

The Newest Event of January!

This is the newest thing I have done in Pokemon Moonlight. Like I said, you must go into the japanese house and defeat whatever's in there for those two NPCs to move. Well, to get in the house, someone is blocking the way.
141bg2.png
2czo7zq.png

2hqwc37.png

What to Expect!

This is the section where I talk about what to expect in the next update. Hopefully, it will feature some of the things listed here:
  • Heroine Sprites
  • Professor Oak Sprites
  • More New Jinju Fakemon
  • More Events/Maps

Again, this is Nytkoi, signing out! Stay tuned for more updates on Pokemon Moonlight! Support today!
All images, sprites, pokemon, ideas, etc. are copyright
Pokemon Moonlight 2008. Do not steal.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Ahh... Very crisp colors on the new hero OW. I also find the backsprite... interesting- for virtue of the oddly shaped hat. Needless to say, you may want to work on that a little.
Also, I can\'t help but notice a few little glitches you made with the trees in the first and fourth screenshots.
One final observation: move the text in regular textboxes up, up, up!

Likewise

Bye.
Years
haha, yay $_$ sprites!
the text box looks weird to me...
the text goes below the border which isn't good.
The backsprites look a bit blocky and the hat is square, too straight epsecially on the top of the hat, it makes it look a bit akward.
Other than that awesome job!
Really this is one of your best updates :D

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Haha, I don't know who sprites the back sprite of the hero, but it looks like he/she didn't have much spriting experience. :P Well, I fixed the hat and some other miscellaneous parts. It still looks a bit strange, but not as strange as before. :3 Clicky.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Wow, thank you Esmas! It looks much better. And I still don't know how to fix the text box. I am glad you like the new OW Phones! Sorry about the tree glitches h POKE, I will try to fix it sometime. Not today though; I have a test tommorow. Big one ;__;
Also Esmas, I will PM you the whole thing so you can edit it. Just not now. xD;

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Thanks emma! Anyways, I am currently working on the events of Neicawave City, but I am also slacking a bit. I have a lot to do. Midterms, guitar lessons,
tennis tournaments, it's quite a bit. But, I plan to have atleast 2 updates before Feb. 23d so please stay tuned! Also, please read the next paragraph and PM me with atleast 4 sprites you made. They must be all around custom.

Calling all Spriters!
Pokemon Moonlight is in need of spriters! If you have enough time to be a fakemon spriter (must be scratch sprites), trainer spriters (must be scratch), or a recolorer, please PM me with atleast 4 examples of your work. We are at the point where we need some new people in the game. I also need 1 more OW spriter. Thank you for your time, everyone!

And that raps it up. Be sure to keep checking Pokemon Moonlight and please and thank you for supporting! Also, don't forget to check out this amazing section's newest trend, The Game Making Newsletter! It's pretty much like the Hacking Newsletter, but for all the RMXPers and RPG2000-2003! Thanks for reading!

~Nytkoi

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
It looks as though you really haven't done much but borrow tiles from someone else and insert them into poccil's Starter Kit. I just don't see any real progress being made. And now, you're asking other people to do work for you?

Back