The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Lukeyjohnno
Hacker-In-Training ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo0 View Post
Ohh.. Thanks dude
do you know anyway to make this script normal [a.k.a Decompile it]
Code:
#org 0x6B5200
msgbox 0x86B5223 MSG_NORMAL '"Vileplume: Vahh! Vaaaa[.]\..."
nop
removeitem 0x12 0x1
nop
wildbattle2 0x2D 0x10 0x0 0x5
bufferitem 0x0 0x2929
compare 0x853 0x200
Sorry, no I don't. I don't use Poketscript. I only XSE script.

Hacks I Support
Spoiler:
My Hack

Old January 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Alright, I've gotten a weird reaction from my ROM. When I inserted a simple XSE message script for a NPC (I've inserted them before, mind you) in my Ruby hack, it didn't work. I hit the A button (which is my space bar), and it continued walking around, as if the script was never inserted. It looks like the script was even compiled correctly.

Then, I inserted the script into a clean Ruby ROM, and it worked. I tried everything I can; copied exactly the statistics of that sprite, etc. This is the script I used, though I don't think there's anything wrong with it...

Spoiler:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @talk
msgbox @talk2 0x2
end

#org @talk2
= This is a message script test.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Lukeyjohnno
Hacker-In-Training ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmas View Post
Alright, I've gotten a weird reaction from my ROM. When I inserted a simple XSE message script for a NPC (I've inserted them before, mind you) in my Ruby hack, it didn't work. I hit the A button (which is my space bar), and it continued walking around, as if the script was never inserted. It looks like the script was even compiled correctly.

Then, I inserted the script into a clean Ruby ROM, and it worked. I tried everything I can; copied exactly the statistics of that sprite, etc. This is the script I used, though I don't think there's anything wrong with it...

Spoiler:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @talk
msgbox @talk2 0x2
end

#org @talk2
Have you tried adding a LockPlayer script?

Hacks I Support
Spoiler:
My Hack

Old January 18th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Medo0
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyjohnno View Post
Sorry, no I don't. I don't use Poketscript. I only XSE script.
that's not PS Script it's a Compiled XSE
BTW : do you know where to get scripts?
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Lukeyjohnno
Hacker-In-Training ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo0 View Post
that's not PS Script it's a Compiled XSE
BTW : do you know where to get scripts?
Oh. No I don't.
But if you want tutorials look on the Pokecommunity.

Hacks I Support
Spoiler:
My Hack

Old January 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmas View Post

Spoiler:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @talk
msgbox @talk2 0x2
end

#org @talk2
Have you tried decompiling it? That's happened to me before, and there was nothing on the script just #ORG @blah then release and end. Also, was the NPC already there? Or did you add him? If he was already there, try removing him, and adding a new NPC. Also, try adding lock, boxset 2 only does faceplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyjohnno View Post
Have you tried adding a LockPlayer script?
There is no such thing as a lockplayer script, or a command for that matter. There is lock, which locks the NPC's. There's lockall, which locks everything including the player, and the camera.
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Lukeyjohnno
Hacker-In-Training ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPro. View Post
Have you tried decompiling it? That's happened to me before, and there was nothing on the script just #ORG @blah then release and end. Also, was the NPC already there? Or did you add him? If he was already there, try removing him, and adding a new NPC. Also, try adding lock, boxset 2 only does faceplayer :P

There is no such thing as a lockplayer script, or a command for that matter. There is lock, which locks the NPC's. There's lockall, which locks everything including the player, and the camera.
Yes there is!
I meant to say Lock, not LockPlayer.

Hacks I Support
Spoiler:
My Hack

Old January 18th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Cy-Chan
GSC Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cy-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Chan View Post
Can anyone shed some light on how the learnable move tutor moves are coded in FireRed? I presumed they'd be in the format of TMs/HMs, a series of binary switches, but I tested that theory, and it didn't pan out (IE: no, no they are not).

Anyone know how to say, change Bulbasaur to be able to learn Mega Kick?
Quoted for emphasis.

Man, it'd be really cool if people who need script help checked out the scripting help thread.
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:32 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Okay, I put some trees on a mountain with the movement permission of 10, and I walk OVER the treetops, even though the background byte is set to 00. It works on C ground, but not there. Is this just bound to happen, or is there some way I can prevent it?
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Chan View Post
Quoted for emphasis.
Man, it'd be really cool if people who need script help checked out the scripting help thread.
The data starts at 459B60 for FR and 459580 for LG. Its just the hex numbers of the attacks. The compatibility is either before or after that data I can't remember which. It'll be a hex number like 9201, just put it in the calculator and convert to binary. It's just a bunch of binary switches.

Quote:
Okay, I put some trees on a mountain with the movement permission of 10, and I walk OVER the treetops, even though the background byte is set to 00. It works on C ground, but not there. Is this just bound to happen, or is there some way I can prevent it?
You can't unfortunately you'll just have to arrange it so that there is C on the tree tops. It should be possible in a lot of cases.
Old January 18th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Dasrein
Pocket Developer

How do you start from scratch when editing a ROM?
Like for example I'm editing a Fire Red ROM and I want the player to start out with his running shoes, pokedex, etc. and I want every aspect of the game to be changed, storyline, gyms, progression...
So how?
Thanks

Last edited by Dasrein; January 18th, 2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasrein View Post
How do you start from scratch when editing a ROM?
Like for example I'm editing a Fire Red ROM and I want the player to start out with his running shoes, pokedex, etc. and I want every aspect of the game to be changed, storyline, gyms, progression...
So how?
Thanks
Well, there are many things you have to do. Start with reading some tutorials on scripting and mapping, and get the tools required with each. You can go from there.
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Dasrein
Pocket Developer

Quote:
Well, there are many things you have to do. Start with reading some tutorials on scripting and mapping, and get the tools required with each. You can go from there.
I've already looked at tutorials, otherwise I would not be asking this question.

Edit: Off-Topic to my question, but why do I not see a "Compile" option when I right click. I've already installed Pokescript.
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
I've already looked at tutorials, otherwise I would not be asking this question.

Edit: Off-Topic to my question, but why do I not see a "Compile" option when I right click. I've already installed Pokescript.
Well, you need to read them better, I guess. Did you save it as [Script].rbc?

---

I have a major tile problem. I expended the tileset, then inserted some tiles/edited palettes. I block edited, and the behaviour byte and background byte are random. When I open in in VBA, it looks like this:
I edit the Behaviour and background bytes to normal(00 00), and test again. Now the tiles I fixed are alright, but other tiles have the same problem. I have no idea why this is happening. Is it because I expanded the tileset? Please help if ya can~
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Thrace
@tion

Quote:

---

I have a major tile problem. I expended the tileset, then inserted some tiles/edited palettes. I block edited, and the behaviour byte and background byte are random. When I open in in VBA, it looks like this:
I edit the Behaviour and background bytes to normal(00 00), and test again. Now the tiles I fixed are alright, but other tiles have the same problem. I have no idea why this is happening. Is it because I expanded the tileset? Please help if ya can~
A-Map sometimes repoints to places that don't have enough free space. There is an option to disable automatic searching for offsets in A-Map. Find a place with plenty of space and repoint it there.
Old January 19th, 2009, 07:27 AM
AlexAhnon
Lurking around.

Nature: Jolly
Firered just to say it!

I don't know if this is a simple question and i have tried to search too. When i make a warp script, i want to warp to a new map and the number is 3.66, 1 more than 65 which is the normal amount in advanced map because i inserted a new map but a black screen comes and nothing else when i try, every map else works fine without the new created ones? Whats wrong? How do i fix this?
Old January 19th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Jerros
TloS FTW!!!

Can someone give me the unLZ numbers for the Badges in Emerald?
I know there is a topic here about that, but they only give the number of the Battle Frontier Symbols (2525), not the regular Badges...

And is there a way/tool to really edit the funcions of items?
Like, can I make a Focus Sash or that kind of stuff in Emerald?

Also, how can I edit the Trainer Battle intro? (Pokémon emerald)
I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
I mean the logo that flashes right before you start the Trainer Battle.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...

Last edited by Jerros; January 19th, 2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old January 19th, 2009, 07:41 AM
AlexAhnon
Lurking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros View Post
Can someone give me the unLZ numbers for the Badges in Emerald?
I know there is a topic here about that, but they only give the number of the Battle Frontier Symbols (2525), not the regular Badges...

Also, how can I edit the Trainer Battle intro? (Pokémon emerald)
I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
I mean the logo that flashes right before you start the Trainer Battle.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...
I do not think the Aqua sign in Emerald is editable, even though, you would need to be a very advanced hacker to do that, but with a little luck you may find it. I would say hack Ruby istead of emerald, so much easier!
Old January 19th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Jerros
TloS FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAhnon View Post
Firered just to say it!

I don't know if this is a simple question and i have tried to search too. When i make a warp script, i want to warp to a new map and the number is 3.66, 1 more than 65 which is the normal amount in advanced map because i inserted a new map but a black screen comes and nothing else when i try, every map else works fine without the new created ones? Whats wrong? How do i fix this?

Have you editted the map size of your 3.66 map?
If so, try to re-insert the map.
Sometimes, making a map smaller can fk it up ;P

Try re-inserting the map anyway, or in a different location.
It might help.
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:26 AM
AlexAhnon
Lurking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros View Post
Have you editted the map size of your 3.66 map?
If so, try to re-insert the map.
Sometimes, making a map smaller can fk it up ;P

Try re-inserting the map anyway, or in a different location.
It might help.
Making smaller and try to re-inserting don't work, just tested it, but so far i think i just replace another map with it.
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Lukeyjohnno
Hacker-In-Training ;)

DOes anyone know Firered's offest for Pokecry? (BPRE FireRed US)
The one that goes here:

Thanks for any help given...

Hacks I Support
Spoiler:
My Hack

Old January 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Dasrein
Pocket Developer

Quote:
Yes, I did. Please, someone give me a solution longer than one sentence and two brain cells.
Old January 19th, 2009, 10:01 AM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Yes, I did. Please, someone give me a solution longer than one sentence and two brain cells.
Alright, that's cool. You just be hatin' on me, that's a'ight. For your scripting problem, you may want to try XSE, it has a really easy compile function, that is built into the program itself. It also has a lot of extras, making it, IMO, a better scripting program than Pokescript. As for your other problem, there's nothing you can do but read tuts. Anybody here will tell you that. Don't go around insulting people that are trying to help you. Have a nice day
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
mushtool
Beginning Trainer

Old January 19th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Andryandrew
Italian Asm Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAhnon View Post
Firered just to say it!

maybe you've made a common mistake... in a script, the command for warp in your case is:
warp 0x3 66 (NOT 0x66) ... ... ...
in fact 0x66 means 66 in Hex, 66 instead means 66 in decimal (like A.Map's map you've inserted)

Quote:
Alright, that's cool. You just be hatin' on me, that's a'ight. For your scripting problem, you may want to try XSE, it has a really easy compile function, that is built into the program itself. It also has a lot of extras, making it, IMO, a better scripting program than Pokescript. As for your other problem, there's nothing you can do but read tuts. Anybody here will tell you that. Don't go around insulting people that are trying to help you. Have a nice day
I quote with you... XSE is definetly the best

Sorry for my bad English... I'm Italian
Anybody that is a GBA ASM hacker is cool!
I'm a GBA ASM hacker --> I'm cool :D

Made Day-Night Routine! You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by Andryandrew; January 19th, 2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links