• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I have questions regarding scripts in my very first hack

First question

placing trainers in my hack; now ive read the tutorial by thethethethe (sorry if i misspelled your username) but I dont understand certain aspects of it:

Game: pokemon firered
personscript
using pokescript
Script: trainer script
Spoiler:

the #raw 0x68
what happens here?

giveitem 0x147 1

I understand a certain item is given here, other than the badge (badge is setflag0x820)

my question is where can i find a list which specifies which item is which code. like code 0.01 is item x?

Question 2

how do I place items on the ground for the player to pick up? So the player can pick up potions etc.

Thanks in advance
HERE you can find a list of item... their code is flipped (so for example B600 means 00B6 --> 0xB6 or FD01 means 01FD --> 0x1FD
#raw 0x68 (closeonkeypress in XSE) let msgbox 4 close when a key is pressed

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
how do I place items on the ground for the player to pick up? So the player can pick up potions etc.
A very, VERY simple giveitem script.

Just put giveitem with the item number and amount, but put 0x0 as the "message type". :D

Oh, you have to put the Person ID in AMap as an unset flag.

Also, items can be found in a list in thethethethe's tutorial. It's spoilered.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
thanks for the replies. Well to be honest i dont really get the things with unset flags and ID's. an explanation or example would be most appreciated.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
i am back once again:/
heres a script for fire red,the green event tile. in xse
i dont see a problem but nothing happens when i walk over the tile but the hero freezing.

Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
i am back once again:/
heres a script for fire red,the green event tile. in xse
i dont see a problem but nothing happens when i walk over the tile but the hero freezing.

Spoiler:

-sigh-

In AMap, on the script tile, put "0003" as the top unknown and the "5040" as the thing underneath.

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
Years
Quickster try 4050 instead of 5040

now can i have help with mine. Because.......
i STILL need help bad!
i will edit this when i no longer need help
so pleaz help.

Game: Fire Red
System: XSE
Type: 1st: Script
2nd: Person event
3rd: Script

i need...

1st script:
my attempt...

'---------------
#org 0x17922E
lockall
msgbox 0x82E9217 MSG_NORMAL '"[grey_fr]Hang on a second\nI have ..."
closeonkeypress
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x81E80DF
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x81E8C07 MSG_NORMAL '"[grey_fr]Where was that again?"
closeonkeypress
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2E9217
= [grey_fr]Hang on a second\nI have to go see [rival].

#org 0x1E8C07
= [grey_fr]Where was that again?

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1E80DF
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Problem:
Does do deactivate

What i want it to do: Bring up first message then move player down then bring up second message. but not do this after seeing rival.

2nd script: The rival
my attempt...

'---------------
#org 0x1C5BA1
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1126
if 0x1 call 0x81792E8
checkflag 0x1127
if 0x1 call 0x81792E9
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x1792E8
msgbox 0x8E89217 0X6
end

#org 0xE89217
= Hi [player].\nWhat do you meen that\nevery thing looks different?\p...\pOh! I see well I will help\n you find out.

'---------------
#org 0x1792E9
msgbox 0xE99217 0X6
end

#org 0xE99217
= What have you found out\nso far\p...\pI see...\nI will keep an ear out\nand let you know if i hear\nany thing.

Problem: when you talk to him it freezes the game and the script dose not open

What i want it to do: The first message box opens the closes when you talk to him again the second message box opens. Then when you talk to him again the second message box opens. and so on

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

3rd script:

What i want it to do: Not let me past until get a pokemon and the pokedex. By not letting me past i want i to move me back.

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I have problem with showpokepic command in Ruby, the color of picture is not true.
And

I use this code to store Pokemon to pokedex in Ruby but it doesn't work
Code:
setvar 0x8004 0x5
special 0x163
i think event # (163) of special command is wrong.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I have problem with showpokepic command in Ruby, the color of picture is not true.
And

I use this code to store Pokemon to pokedex in Ruby but it doesn't work
Code:
setvar 0x8004 0x5
special 0x163
i think event # (163) of special command is wrong.
the event semms to be correct... This construct add pokemon #5 to "seen" pokedex...

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
how can i made a script that i can enter a house after the 7e gym?
But it there stands a NPC in the front of the entrance. that spirte must dissapear after the 7e gym.

can somebuddy help?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
how can i made a script that i can enter a house after the 7e gym?
But it there stands a NPC in the front of the entrance. that spirte must dissapear after the 7e gym.

can somebuddy help?

Give the person an ID code which is the same value as the flag that activates the 7th badge on the trainer card and make sure you set that flag after the 7th gym leader is beaten.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
I have a question,

right now i have a script that let the player obtain an antidote. but when i walk away, the antidote reappears. What do I do to make it one time only?

Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I have a question,

right now i have a script that let the player obtain an antidote. but when i walk away, the antidote reappears. What do I do to make it one time only?

Spoiler:

Well if it's in a Pokeball, then all you need is

Spoiler:

And give the Pokeball any ID code which hasn't been used.

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
I have a question,

Spoiler:

In Advanced map, goto, set Person Id, and write "200" as thats the setflag, and i edited it abit.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Well if it's in a Pokeball, then all you need is

Spoiler:

And give the Pokeball any ID code which hasn't been used.

thanks for the fast reply! Is there a list where I can see which ID numbers are already used? Thanks.

Also, Im new to scripting, I understand bits of it, but how do I make it so that a person gives the player an item, (without giving the player an option to refuse it).

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
thanks for the fast reply! Is there a list where I can see which ID numbers are already used? Thanks.

Also, Im new to scripting, I understand bits of it, but how do I make it so that a person gives the player an item, (without giving the player an option to refuse it).
Giveitem does this automatically. Additem does too, and you can use a custom fanfare with it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

Do you have XSE? The compiled guide has list of already used flags. Put any unused flag into the ID. Be warned, though. Once it's been used as some things ID, don't use it in a script.

Oh, and giving an item without a question...Well, you just remove the question part.

For example...

Code:
message @take 0x6 'this is the message it shows before giving the item. Maybe "Here, take this Potion" or something.
giveitem <item in hex> <amount> 0x[B]0[/B] 'gives the item with the message "[PLAYER] recieved <ITEM>. Put [ITEM] in [BAG POCKET].

To not make it reset, you've got flags and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Do you have XSE? The compiled guide has list of already used flags. Put any unused flag into the ID. Be warned, though. Once it's been used as some things ID, don't use it in a script.

Oh, and giving an item without a question...Well, you just remove the question part.

For example...

Code:
message @take 0x6
giveitem <item in hex> <amount> 0x[B]0[/B] 'gives the item with the message "[PLAYER] recieved <ITEM>. Put [ITEM] in [BAG POCKET].
The rest you've learnt by means of flags. =P

yes Im using XSE, so the IDs are basically the same as flaggs, i see.
One more question though, i cant find the question part. (still dont understand all of XSE scripting) so i dont know what the script will look like.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
yes Im using XSE, so the IDs are basically the same as flaggs, i see.
One more question though, i cant find the question part. (still dont understand all of XSE scripting) so i dont know what the script will look like.
The, uh, flags ARE IDs. :\

I don't quite understand what you mean in that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back