The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
victorspvl
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
If someone knows make characters in the style DP are welcome in the team!

"Feel like a Pokémon Trainer."

wait...
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:32 PM
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

Umm... Peter O. wrote those files down somewhere... I think it's in his essentials kit, but I never downloaded that thing (like you). Well, now that you're on the forums, it should be pretty easy to get Essentials, and a copy of th DP font in truetype.

About your game, I think it's wonderful. I speak Spanish at least relatively fluently, and, considering Portuguese is basically a combination of that and French (no offense or anything to your language), I was able to piece together some of the foreign dialogue. From what I could gather it's a pretty good game, even if the story is a little... regular. That's alright, especially because the gameplay itself is quite good.
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Hauyser
http://hauyser.deviant.com/

Nature: Timid
Besides the uncredited content, it's ok...

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauyser View Post
Besides the uncredited content, it's ok...
What do you mean by uncredited content? I didn't see any...

My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.

Old January 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Umm... there is plenty of uncredited/stolen content, here.

For one, you have used many of my tiles and still have not given me credit, even though I told you before. You are also using Kyledove's tiles without crediting him, and you are also using Remy's tiles, which he does not let anyone use. Please just remove Remy's tiles, and make a credits list with Kyledove, me, and anyone else whose sprites you have used.
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:13 AM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
Not giving due credit will hurt the credibility of you and your game. Remember, using other people's things without giving them credit is called PLAGIARISM, and it's a serious crime in most countries.
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:49 AM
XgamerX
Gettin' crazy

The game looks great but... somebody could help me? I can't open the game. I would be grateful if someone could help me...
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:25 AM
victorspvl
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Umm... there is plenty of uncredited/stolen content, here.

For one, you have used many of my tiles and still have not given me credit, even though I told you before. You are also using Kyledove's tiles without crediting him, and you are also using Remy's tiles, which he does not let anyone use. Please just remove Remy's tiles, and make a credits list with Kyledove, me, and anyone else whose sprites you have used.
Sorry for the uncredited, but nothing here is stolen, if I took pictures that will be used in another game was no intention to take advantage of anyone ...

I have a bunch of pictures of custom tilesets here on my PC, and some are more than a year here, then not remember where I got and put them in the game without problems.

But I saw that here in Pokécomunitty is very charged, and sorry again, give credit to everyone, if you have something in your in-game credits will let me know that.

And what would be the tilesets of Remy?

Thank you and sorry for my poor english ...

wait...
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Here is a picture of Remy's tiles. He does not allow anyone to use them, so please remove them.

In this picture, the two types of trees are his, as well as the grass.
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Savant

I suggest you remove the graphics you aren't allowed to use from your game and also get in contact (or attempt to) with the people whose graphics you're using that haven't received credit.
The fact that you don't know who made them won't be taken into account.
As it stands right now I have enough reason to close this thread.

You're also using some of my graphics.
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:39 PM
victorspvl
Beginning Trainer

Soon I will post a list of credits, and the remu tiles will be exchanged for the Kyledove tiles.

So far is this:
Kyledove-Tilesets
Alistair-Tilesets

After these credits and'll also be the end of the game.

Sorry personal, but here in Brazil are not as strict about it ...

wait...
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Mrchewy
nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorspvl View Post
Sorry personal, but here in Brazil are not as strict about it ...
This isn't Brazil, this isn't America: this is the internet, and common internet rules apply no matter where you live. Using online resources of any kind, for any purpose, without permission or without crediting the author is frowned upon pretty much everywhere in cyberspace.
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:48 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
just a tip, on brazilian forums, they just dont ask about the tiles credits because they just don't know about them... If it was a brazilian who made it, I'm sure it would ask for credits. Anyways, I like to see that you keep improving on the overall game quality, good luck!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

How's Pokemon Silver Chronicles going Victorspvl? Any new videos uploaded?
:D

My sites:

Quote:

Old February 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM
XgamerX
Gettin' crazy

By the way, is it possible to make evolve eevee into umbreon?
My eevee is at lvl 43
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Hi Victorspvl! How's Pokemon Silver Chronicle going? Well, I guess I really made a mistake for persuading you to revealing your work on Pokecommunity. Even though I'm happy with the support I have received so far, I have to confess that Pokecommunity is a site filled with jealousness, animosity and intentions.

Yes, I'm just a game developer. I don't watch pokemon anime, I don't participate in online pokemon battle/trades with others, and I don't discuss real world issues on this board as well. You will learn that I'm telling the truth if you ever search my posts one by one, almost none of them are irrelevant to game development. All I have been trying to do is to create a game, a game that I can play, my friends can play, and any other gamers can play...

I used to believe that I can stay out of troubles. I don't expect everyone to like me and my project, but I don't wish anyone of them to hate and behave hostilely on Pokemon HOF. Unfortunately, I'm wrong. There are just too many people on this site, and inevitably you will have to face vallains. They may be cynical, jealous or simply abnormal, but they are sparing no efforts bashing on you and your game. Their opinions are based on nothing, but they are causing the entire community to turn against you. They don't have evidence to prove their "theory", but we can't prove our innocence as well.

My game, for instance, has become a project to "wipe out any other fan games in order to rule the Game Dev Forum", just because someone's malicious post in my co-worker Moose's thread. I already explained this to someone like Pokemon OI that I have no intention to make Pokemon HOF the only existing game on Pokecommunity, and the good news is that he seemed to have understood. However, I'm unable to explain it to everyone, and I'm sure some of them won't listen. It's just like Judges won't listen to the defense from someone who's accused of being a murderer, even if he is actually innocent. I hope you can understand my point as well. Please don't regard Pokemon HOF as a project trying to "clean the board" like some people do.

What will you do if you're trapped in a situation like this? Well, it's good that you don't participate and post frequently on this site. Most people still don't know you and Pokemon Silver Chronicle, so you are less likely to become the target for the Vallains. I suggest you keep your work on that Brazilian website. I don't understand Portuguese but I can tell it's great, a website for people to discuss games. At least no one is being mean to you and your game. I will watch your Pokemon Silver Chronicles video on youtube whenever you release a new one. Please also inform me if you have an official site for Pokemon silver chronicles. I promise I will check it out whenever I have time.

I must thank you again for inspiring my own project -- Pokemon HOF. It's you who convinced me that a multi-region game is attainable, and now I'm stick to it. Have a great weekend!

My sites:

Quote:

Last edited by Hall Of Famer; February 6th, 2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:52 PM
victorspvl
Beginning Trainer

One new screen, with the BIG IDEA of the game, one partner, maybe a girlfriend??
=)
(The char of Dawn will be changed)

screen of Rustboro City

We need spriter.

wait...
Old February 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorspvl View Post
Thanks HOF.

One new screen, with the BIG IDEA of the game, one partner, maybe a girlfriend??
=)
(The char of Dawn will be changed)

screen of Rustboro City

We need spriter.
lol a girlfriend... I personally consider Crystal/Marina to be a legit girlfriend of Gold/Jimmy, but it looks quite interesting in this screenshot. Good work, Victorspvl, and please keep this up!

My sites:

Quote:

Old February 27th, 2009, 06:40 AM
KorruptRaiden
Beginning Trainer

I have to say this game, like HOF, looks very good. But, when i launch beta2, it comes up with an error message saying "invalid access to memory location", can somebody help me out here???
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:24 AM
XgamerX
Gettin' crazy

Open Game.ini in the pokemon chronicles folder and write Library=RGSS102E.dll instead of Library=RGSS102J.dll
Old February 27th, 2009, 07:48 PM
KorruptRaiden
Beginning Trainer

Got it thanks, quite impressive so far besides the fact i cant read the text haha.
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Juhnke
- Heliowalton

This game looks very nice.

If you need a spriter, I can do some sprites! I'm not great but I can still do some stuff.

Also, if you need a translator, I could probably translate it for you. I have a few things on my computer that can translate nicely and a few books with translating (dictionary with stuff like portuguese -> english and stuff).

It wouldn't be great but at least the game would be in english. Then you would have a nice start on the translated version.

Anyway, if you're interested, just send me a PM.

Check out my very own Pokemon site and read about some of my favourite hacks!
Click here to go!

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhnke View Post
Hey victorspvl.

This game looks very nice.

If you need a spriter, I can do some sprites! I'm not great but I can still do some stuff.

Also, if you need a translator, I could probably translate it for you. I have a few things on my computer that can translate nicely and a few books with translating (dictionary with stuff like portuguese -> english and stuff).

It wouldn't be great but at least the game would be in english. Then you would have a nice start on the translated version.

Anyway, if you're interested, just send me a PM.
Well victorspvl told me that he didn't intend to make an English version for Pokemon Silver Chronciles until the entire game is completed, but you can definitely PM him if you're so interested in helping him out.

My sites:

Quote:

Old March 1st, 2009, 04:21 AM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
The entire game will likely take an extremely long period of time to be completed due to the sheer volume and complexity.

Last edited by InMooseWeTrust; March 3rd, 2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
KorruptRaiden
Beginning Trainer

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here