Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 29th, 2009 (01:43 PM). Edited March 22nd, 2009 by Conan Edogawa.
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed

INTRODUCTION:
Pokemon Chronicles of Time is a Firered hack started in January 2009.
Chronicles of Time is brought to you by Time Travel Team.

STORYLINE:
Everything is peaceful and problem free. Pokemon and humans live together in harmony, neither trying to dominate the other. The ruler of (Region name still required) has recently passed away with no heir to the throne. One man forces his way into power and that's where everything changes. He believes that pokemon are inferior to man and they should be servants. He attempts to conquer the pokemon but fails. He manages to escape with a few pokemon but no one knows what types or where he is.

TWENTY YEARS PASS

Everything has stayed in balance since you were born (five years after the incident). you are enjoying a regular day at the beach. You return home but as you approach the village you see it in a blaze. You check for survivors but are interrupted by a voice. It declares "This land is rightfully mine." Then an enormous shadow goes overhead and heads for the ocean. You go back to searching and find the pokemon proffesor in some pain. He gives you a pokeball and tells you "He has returned. Stop him..." before dying. You must learn the truth of what has happened, find this person and what they plan to do, and stop it.
This is Pokemon Chronicles of Time.

FEATURES:
New region
All-new pokemon
Stunning maps
Chilling plot
Time Travel
No Gyms
Some grueling boss fights

THE TEAM:
Me: Spriting, Storyline and a little mapping

Myfavouriteax: A little mapping, banners, answering my questions
Monobi: Spriting
Ray Maverick: Mapping, Spriting
pikachu_X: Ow Sprites

Please take time to visit the TIME TRAVEL TEAM.

Progress:
Paused For Now...

MEDIA:
MAPS:

SCEENSHOTS:
None at the present moment.

VIDEOS:
None at the present moment.

SUPPORT:

Code:
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp148/byarging/aHA.png
Old January 29th, 2009 (04:54 PM).
Zamith
The well-known trainer (not)

Well.. it's yet a bit confusing, but not a bad storyiline.... but there are some things you might take into consideration when applying this to a hack:

1) If all the trainers and battling pokémon are taken hostages... the amount of trainers you will battle in your journey will be considerably lower, won't it? Or are there going to be thugs in every route? That might be a solution... but people might actually get a litte tired of battling the same kind of trainers all over the game.

2) How are you going to make it so you can control Mew? Since it's a legendary Pokémon, i'm almost sure it doesn't respect bagde-less trainers. So that would make the beggining of the game quite frustrating.

But, well... i'm sure you can come up with solutions to keep up with the hack. Good luck!
Old January 30th, 2009 (04:16 AM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Yeah those are good points I think Im going to change the story to incorporate trainers and Ill try to find a way to make Mew work. Thanks for your input.
Old January 30th, 2009 (02:42 PM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote originally posted by Blazichu:
You're going to need to add features to keep this open.
What do You mean by that? Like if there will be new maps. And I've also decided to change the storyline, hopefully to make it better and easier to understand.
Old January 30th, 2009 (03:02 PM).
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote originally posted by Zamith:
Well.. it's yet a bit confusing, but not a bad storyiline.... but there are some things you might take into consideration when applying this to a hack:

1) If all the trainers and battling pokémon are taken hostages... the amount of trainers you will battle in your journey will be considerably lower, won't it? Or are there going to be thugs in every route? That might be a solution... but people might actually get a litte tired of battling the same kind of trainers all over the game.

2) How are you going to make it so you can control Mew? Since it's a legendary Pokémon, i'm almost sure it doesn't respect bagde-less trainers. So that would make the beggining of the game quite frustrating.

But, well... i'm sure you can come up with solutions to keep up with the hack. Good luck!
Mabye a solution for the mew problem?

When you decide to go on your "journey" to get rid of the dicatator, your dad gives you his badge case with all the badges for good luck. That way all the legendaries will work in the game.
This is just an idea xD
Oh and i'll help with scripting if you want me to help.

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old January 30th, 2009 (03:16 PM). Edited February 19th, 2009 by Conan Edogawa.
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Thank you I will definitely need your help. That idea is good but I'm new to hacking and don't know how to do that so I'm probably going to make a new storyline.

Ok So I've been thinking more and might have gotten a keeper. Please if you want to help or see any flaws or pieces that are confusing tell me. This will be a Ruby hack most likely but if you have a better rom to hack tell me.

Pokemon Chronicles of Time
(need help with a name for the region). Everything is peaceful and problem free. Pokemon and humans live together in harmony, neither trying to dominate the other. The ruler of (whatever the name will be) has recently passed away with no heir to the throne. One man (need a name) forces his way into power and that's where everything changes. He believes that pokemon are inferior to man and they should be servants. he attempts to conquer the pokemon but fails. He manages to escape with a few pokemon but no one knows what types or where he is. Twenty years pass.
Everything has stayed in balance since you were born( five years after the incident). you are enjoying a regular day at the beach. You return home but as you approach the village you see it in a blaze. You check for survivors but are interrupted by a voice. It declares " This land is rightfully mine." Then an enormous shadow goes overhead and heads for the ocean. You go back to searching and find the pokemon proffesor in some pain. He gives you a pokeball ( with a starter I have not determined) and tells you "He has returned. Stop him before dying.
So you must learn the truth of what has happened, find this person and what they plan to do, and stop it. This is Pokemon Chronicles of Time.

Features:
New region
Some new pokemon
Recolors of old pokemon
New maps, characters
New Plot

Team:
Me: Spriting, Storyline and a little mapping
Myfavouriteax: A little mapping

Monobi: Spriting

Maps:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg map.jpg‎ (24.2 KB, 20 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old January 31st, 2009 (02:26 AM).
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote originally posted by baseballscooper:
Thank you I will definitely need your help. That idea is good but I'm new to hacking and don't know how to do that so I'm probably going to make a new storyline.

Ok So I've been thinking more and might have gotten a keeper. Please if you want to help or see any flaws or pieces that are confusing tell me. This will be a Ruby hack most likely but if you have a better rom to hack tell me.

Pokemon Chronicles of Time
(need help with a name for the region). Everything is peaceful and problem free. Pokemon and humans live together in harmony, neither trying to dominate the other. The ruler of (whatever the name will be) has recently passed away with no heir to the throne. One man (need a name) forces his way into power and that's where everything changes. He believes that pokemon are inferior to man and they should be servants. he attempts to conquer the pokemon but fails. He manages to escape with a few pokemon but no one knows what types or where he is. Twenty years pass.
Everything has stayed in balance since you were born( five years after the incident). you are enjoying a regular day at the beach. You return home but as you approach the village you see it in a blaze. You check for survivors but are interrupted by a voice. It declares " This land is rightfully mine." Then an enormous shadow goes overhead and heads for the ocean. You go back to searching and find the pokemon proffesor in some pain. He gives you a pokeball ( with a starter I have not determined) and tells you "He has returned. Stop him before dying.
So you must learn the truth of what has happened, find this person and what they plan to do, and stop it. This is Pokemon Chronicles of Time.

Features:
New region
Some new pokemon
New maps, characters,
New Plot

Thank you in advance for your help.

I see you've done some thinking about your story line now. That's good. I guess this would also be easier to make than the first one you had.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to help you with scripting since I just joined a hacking team. But I guess I could always help you if you need help.
Good Luck!

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old January 31st, 2009 (02:19 PM). Edited February 1st, 2009 by Blazichu.
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Thank you and if you know anyone who might be interested in helping please send them to this thread.

I just got some great hack tools ( Thanks to HackMew) and I'm going to start editing the title screen. Please contact me if you want to help with anything.
Old February 1st, 2009 (09:40 AM).
myfavouriteax
Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats

So I assume you start out with mew? That doesn't really work out. Whenever you start out with a legendary (it can even be level one) it WILL NOT obey you. I tried that once with a mewtwo. All it did was sleep and occasionally hurt itself. Perhaps the thugs could steal your mew as well, and you have to start out with a different pokemon. Later in the game, after you have the last badge (making all pokemon obey you) you could find the thugs that stole your mew, demolish their base, and take your mew back.

Other than that, the storyline sounds great! Pretty original, and well-thought out.

Oh, nevermind. I didn't see the new storyline. I like the old one a bit better, but that's up to you.

Old February 1st, 2009 (09:49 AM).
Bigboy
15 degrees off cool

Or you could do what I did to get mew to listen. Add mew as another pokemon. It will let control mew. Or if inserting is too hard, take the sprites and palletes from the orignal mew and overwrite another pokemon (one you plan not to use in your game). And then just change the base stats and movesets to the original mew's (or change it a little if you want.)
Old February 1st, 2009 (10:36 AM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote originally posted by Bigboy:
Or you could do what I did to get mew to listen. Add mew as another pokemon. It will let control mew. Or if inserting is too hard, take the sprites and palletes from the orignal mew and overwrite another pokemon (one you plan not to use in your game). And then just change the base stats and movesets to the original mew's (or change it a little if you want.)
I'm going to do that but instead of mew I'm going to make my own fakemon. I posted three ideas although they are poorly done. Just check out my profile if you wanna see them and tell me what you think. And if you're interested in helping just let me know.
Old February 2nd, 2009 (04:23 PM).
MegaMaccer
If a tree falls in a forest

Storyline sounds good, this could go a long way! I'm afraid I can't help out as of now, I'm a bit busy with my own Hack, but I will be watching this one as it develops! If you get really stuck with something, give me a yell, who knows, I may be able to find some free time :D

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Old February 3rd, 2009 (06:02 AM).
monobi
Pokémon Pixel Trainer

Overall i like the storyline; could improve on a few areas, buts its definitely getting there.

Time travel! This should be added. Maybe a few maps for time eras. But deffinately time travel. It would be so awesome.
I can help for more concept ideas if you wish, but its just a thought atm.

Any other small unique features you have in mind? Bland roms are bland.

Good luck =]
Old February 3rd, 2009 (02:15 PM). Edited February 14th, 2009 by Blazichu.
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote originally posted by monobi:
Overall i like the storyline; could improve on a few areas, buts its definitely getting there.

Time travel! This should be added. Maybe a few maps for time eras. But deffinately time travel. It would be so awesome.
I can help for more concept ideas if you wish, but its just a thought atm.

Any other small unique features you have in mind? Bland roms are bland.

Good luck =]
Thank you for the idea of time travel. I was thinking about it and now that I know people would want it I'll put it in. But what do you mean by unique features? Like minigames or multiplayer?

Alright here is a patch for the storyline. The evil doer gets into power because of the shock the region is in. No one could stop him because they were distracted by the loss.

I'm working on mapping and will post some ideas once I finish them. Please post if you want to help with any position you will be welcome and credit will be given.
Old February 6th, 2009 (01:22 AM).
monobi
Pokémon Pixel Trainer

By unique features i mean things that no other rom hack has yet.
The time travel may be this feature if done well...
But anything else at all? I can't give examples, as the only ones that spring to mind are the ones in my ROM hack

Also, a tip. He doesnt need to get into power. Just state that he did.
If you give a reason they can argue, if you dont then that adds mystery. But dont do that too often or its annoying and the game doesnt patch together.
Old February 9th, 2009 (02:35 PM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Ok updates aren't going to be coming often because of the lack of help. I'm going to post a sprite or two possibly tonight or tomorrow.
Old February 9th, 2009 (03:08 PM).
monobi
Pokémon Pixel Trainer

While the Pokemon Orange map is under development i can't do much.
I can help sprite if you want.
Check my profile>albums if you want examples.
Old February 9th, 2009 (03:13 PM). Edited February 9th, 2009 by Conan Edogawa.
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote originally posted by monobi:
While the Pokemon Orange map is under development i can't do much.
I can help sprite if you want.
Check my profile>albums if you want examples.
Thank you I really need your help. I'll add you to the team.
Old February 14th, 2009 (08:26 AM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Does anyone want to make tiles for the hack? Reply if you do please.
Old February 17th, 2009 (09:27 AM). Edited February 18th, 2009 by Conan Edogawa.
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Open positions that need filling:
Mapping- 1-3 positions
Spriting- 1 or 2(me and Monobi have done a good amount)
Title Screen creator- 1 position
Banner creator- as many as apply
Help with Storyline planning- anyone on the team can help
Tile making and inserting(desperately)- as many as possible
Scripting- 1-3 positions
Anything I missed- depends on job

Please contact me if your interested.
Old February 17th, 2009 (12:15 PM).
myfavouriteax
Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats

I'll be a backup mapper, but I can't apply for a full time job.

Old February 17th, 2009 (01:22 PM).
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote originally posted by myfavouriteax:
I'll be a backup mapper, but I can't apply for a full time job.
Ok I'll add you to the team.
Old February 17th, 2009 (04:32 PM).
myfavouriteax
Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats

Ok, cool. Just let me know when you want me to do anything. I'm taking like a week break from my hack, so I could probably do it now. I can edit the palettes if you want me to as well.

Old February 17th, 2009 (04:51 PM). Edited February 17th, 2009 by Conan Edogawa.
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote originally posted by myfavouriteax:
Ok, cool. Just let me know when you want me to do anything. I'm taking like a week break from my hack, so I could probably do it now. I can edit the palettes if you want me to as well.
Ok well I am working with Monobi on sprites but if you want just make maps and I can see where to put them in. If you want specifics then how about Pallet town to Viridian city including the route(s)? Also you wouldn't happen to make tiles would you?

Sponsored Links