• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Gold Hack: Blue Remake - reason inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Pokemon Gold Hack: Blue Remake

Well, first of all- I'm back after a break thats been much longer that I expected due to college, exams, a motorbike accident and some other stuff.
Secondly, the reason im hacking gold to remake blue is because MeBoy (mobile phone GB/C emulator) doesnt support GBA games etc. Because of this I'm remaking the game purely for use on a mobile phone but it may still be enjoyed by others.

Hack of: Gold
Story: Pokemon Blue with extras
Features:

• New ways to get other starter pokemon
  • All 151 original Pokemon will be available
  • A few additions from the Johto pokemon set
  • Shadow Pokemon? (since i only intend to use a few Johto Pokemon i can replace others with Shadow Sprites)
  • Improved Surf Sprite (as seen in my other hack- Bright Gold)
  • Rebuilt Viridian Forest from Bright Gold
  • Articuno's Lair from Bright Gold

Basically, i lost all my Bright Gold data because i was moving onto a new pc so i'd formatted the hard drive and had my data on a memory stick, the memory stick was broken when i was knocked off my motorbike and so i have lost all my data from bright gold: i had done a lot of work since the beta's i uploaded. I have found the odd bit of data laying around in folders on other computers and as a result i am able to recycle some of it into this hack - Bright Gold will be worked on again some day but i still lack the motivation for it as i lost so many hours i spent on it.

Anyone willing to contribute can do so

Progress:
General
<<<THIS PART IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO KAGEX MAKING ME SOME SPRITES :)>>>

1. Change Character OW
  2. Switch Hiro and Red Trainer Sprites
Pallet Town:
  1. Change warps to put house in Pallet Town
  2. Change warps for Oak/Elm's Lab
  3. Change events / scripts in Elms Lab - Half Done
  4. Set up Trigger in Pallet to stop player leaving without pokemon
Viridian City:

1. Add Mr. Pokemon's House
  2. Remove the Battle Club house thing
  3. Alter the speach of the old man outside the Gym
  4. Edit Pokémart (possible swap warps with Cherrygrove due to the pokéball flag)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Aww, I'll miss Bright Gold

Anyhow, do you plan to make us start in Kanto, redesign it as of old?

If so, what will you do with the entire second region?

And are we allowed to vote on which GSC pokemon stay in? I call Houndour/Houndoom =p

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Aww, I'll miss Bright Gold

Anyhow, do you plan to make us start in Kanto, redesign it as of old?

If so, what will you do with the entire second region?

And are we allowed to vote on which GSC pokemon stay in? I call Houndour/Houndoom =p

I actually intend to recycle a lot of bright gold into this hack- the idea's, the maps,
i think it'll be voting out rather than voting in on the pokemon though
and i have no idea what i'll be doing with the spare region at the moment, but i think maybe if i do just do what i planned - remaking kanto as old with a couple of additions (i.e. the magnet train thing in saffron) it could be a good base for other hacks.

The game will start in kanto, as i type this i'm editing the character sprite to look like the original from r/b.

Any idea's are welcome :)

pkemaniac999

in need of help for a hack, pm
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
I like hacking the old color and metal versions too.

I think It gives it authenticity.
Anyway back to subject, you should create a whole new region with the spare one and add new pokemon to it (fakemon).

I need help with my hack I am novice and new to this, all I need is to add a few fakemon. Please someone help. It is pokemon purple, rise of the pokegods.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
yay ur back into hacking, anyways you could replace the shinys sprites with shadow sprites as there werent any shinies in rby.
Good that you still are going to continue with bright

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Just plop out the GSC stuff for full on RBY (except for say, Marill, Togepi, Donphan, Ho-Oh... the early stuff).

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
yay ur back into hacking, anyways you could replace the shinys sprites with shadow sprites as there werent any shinies in rby.
Good that you still are going to continue with bright

I'm thinking that i may scrap bright gold in favour of this game, mainly because this game has the same idea behind it
Or, i finish this as a Kanto only game, then expand it to finish Bright Gold
And the shiny thing wouldn't work because then they wouldn't be able to evolve into the normal pokemon to be purified.

This looks good.Basic, but new and for some reason i find myself wanting to play it already!

Thanks.

Just plop out the GSC stuff for full on RBY (except for say, Marill, Togepi, Donphan, Ho-Oh... the early stuff).

I'm thinking of doing something like that.

And after that: UPDATE :)

view.php

just showing that i've altered the sprite.

What do people think to me carrying more bright gold into this hack:

• Charmander starter
  • Bulbasaur gift somewhere near the beginning
  • Squirtle given for completing a challenge
  • Fighting another trainer to get legendary pokemon

Is there any reason that my images aren't showing up?
I've began to redo lab events but I'm not too sure
Is it a good idea to alter Elm's lab events or just to script them myself in Oaks lab?

EDIT: heres the images

picture.php

picture.php

UPDATE:
I now understand Triggers so i'll shortly be scripting a trigger to stop the player leaving pallet without a pokemon.
The rest of Pallet Town is finished though; ok, admittedly ive just changed the house and lab warps to save some scripting :P

PROGRESS:
Changed OW Sprite
Changed Trainer Sprite
90% of Pallet Town Finished

Last edited by a moderator:

Knomez

lolwut...
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2009
Sounds like this will be good, Good Luck! cant wait to see it

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
...Why don't you just load up Pokemon Blue GB on Meboy?
Because theres the 20 item bag limit, the TM/HM system in that game annoys me, i dont like the having to go into the start menu to use hm moves / bicycle etc,
i just generally get annoyed by blue nowadays which is a shame really but thats just how it is.

This hack will also be a nice rombase since it leaves an entire region to be played with.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
hey BigSteve could i help out spriting for your hack?

That'd be cool, i'll VM you :)

quick update:
I've now started to implement a new set of sprites from KageX
gscred-1.png

I'm using the bottom of the two sets
I still need to find out how to change the backsprite though.

Last edited by a moderator:

pkemaniac999

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Hey Bigsteve, I know what you should do with a few routes and an extra city, you shoud put it in kanto, and make like the rumor neon city.

PS: how do you change the backsprite of a trainer?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Hey Bigsteve, I know what you should do with a few routes and an extra city, you shoud put it in kanto, and make like the rumor neon city.

PS: how do you change the backsprite of a trainer?

still dont know how to change the backsprite :\
i think there must be a way of doing it in TLP but it's encrypted :S

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hmm, no offense, but I think SaR might be a little better. Although, I think you should possibly do something else with the other region, instead of not using. Perhaps you could do some small island region or something like that. Also, you should consider making some more scirpts from RBY, not using the GSC ones.

Still though, I'll definately see how this turns out!

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Hmm, no offense, but I think SaR might be a little better. Although, I think you should possibly do something else with the other region, instead of not using. Perhaps you could do some small island region or something like that. Also, you should consider making some more scirpts from RBY, not using the GSC ones.

Still though, I'll definately see how this turns out!

what's SaR?
and i think if i'll need to rewrite the lab scripts to use a proper rival (blue) but for the time being i'll use the pokemon gold script since it makes it easier to progress and i can go back to it :)

and the reason im not using the other region is because im making this as a base for another hack and releasing it to be used as a rombase aswell as a game :D

pkemaniac999

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
help you

Hey Bigsteve, I really like the idea of your hack and would like to help in any way possible.

i love R/B/Y they were the best

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
if your making a blue game to play on a phone...why not just get a Blue ROM? and/or hack blue

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2009
good job man,keep going,im new here and i think your hack is one of the best hacks ive seen in this page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back