• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Can anyone help me? I know this is pretty old
Far from it.
but I need to know how to use PKSV to get the offset thing for Advance Map or something like that. Can anyone help me??
If you meant the script offset for PKSV from AdvanceMap, then you can just follow the basic set-up tutorial (on the first post) to get it to work with AdvanceMap, then just double-click on any script icon to open it in PKSV.

PKMN101

Likes custom titles
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2009
OK, now I understand everything except the coding. Could someone please give me a code example with someone saying:

Hey son. How's your quest going? OR It's a beautiful day outside. It's time to go.

If I can get that, please can someone tell me how to start out the script and such or if there's a simple way to learn this stuff please tell me.

EDIT: The game I'm hacking is Fire Red if you needed to know that.

ANOTHER EDIT: NEVERMIND! :D I finally understand this!

Last edited:

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Hm, is there any reference guide to the GSC scripting commands? Like, 2D = "GivePokémon", 2E = "SetbyteinRAM" or something like that? It seems impossible to script without knowing what the commands are... the autocomplete doesn't really help.

score_under

Years
There's no official guide to them as of yet, but you can look up the command in the Gold hex scripting guide, and cross-reference it with this file:
Spoiler:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
wow this is still confusing and i've had the program for ages now but can you possably insert a free space finder for gold on it?
Why would you need a free space finder? Just open the ROM in a hex editor and look for any big block of 00s.

score_under

Years
wow this is still confusing and i've had the program for ages now but can you possably insert a free space finder for gold on it?
Just click the "00 mode" on the free space finder before searching, and convert it in the built-in calculator (offset to pointer).
Why would you need a free space finder? Just open the ROM in a hex editor and look for any big block of 00s.
You might as well look up the commands and write the script in hex, too. What we're going for is convenience ;)

Also, CelebiKing123 has gone to the trouble of writing >a tutorial< for us on modifying an event in Pokémon Gold.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2017
Thanks for this utility. It is real helpful, the script generator is a real handy tool to get things done quickly. Thank you very much for this tool.

Excalibur

Sorry for my english...
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Good tool! This is my first Script Editor. But there are some errors with FR Gym leader trainerbattle command, setanimation and playsong (the second value reads as first).

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
hey how do i compile my script in this programe and were do i find the offset?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
ummm how do you find the offset
and when I compile it says a script I wrote before
please help

score_under

Years
ummm how do you find the offset
and when I compile it says a script I wrote before
please help
To get an offset of free space, there are 2 methods. The easiest of the 2 involves opening PKSVUI, pressing Ctrl+P, then clicking "Find". This will find you some free space, and you just need to copy and paste it.
For now (since I have not finished the beta) you just have to add 0x100 or something around there to your free space offset if you want another one.

I can't understand the second sentence, but I'm sure you'll get it after a few minutes of experimentation.

Darth Pikachu

Wo-hoo!
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2009
I'm guessing this is a pretty stupid question, but does this program only EDIT scripts? Or can it make new ones as well?

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
May I include this into PokeBase?

You can find more info if you follow the link in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back