The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:28 PM
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Not in generation III. Besides, you'll only get symbols from single battles. Also, sure power > random hax. Otherwise, set looks fine to me. I'd put the last 6 EVs into an attacking stat. Couldn't hurt to have that extra point.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:08 AM
True Reign
  

Quote:
Why would you use Waterfall on Swampert when Surf is more powerful and just as accurate?
My bad; I must have been thinking of Waterfall for some reason at the time I posted that.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:29 AM
shanecdavis
Prof. Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglyppuff8 View Post
Not in generation III. Besides, you'll only get symbols from single battles. Also, sure power > random hax. Otherwise, set looks fine to me. I'd put the last 6 EVs into an attacking stat. Couldn't hurt to have that extra point.
Wait a minute here. Are you telling me that in 4th Gen that Surf damages your ally in a double battle? How stupid. Just one more reason to hate that game. GF seriously dropped the ball on DPP.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Jumpluff
I make the Rules, You follow.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jumpluff
What are the chances of getting Skitty In Route 116?
(I have Sapphire If It matters.)

Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
jigglyppuff8

The chances of finding a Skitty are 2% by default. There are occasional swarms that are announced over the TV... I don't know the chances of finding a Skitty when that happens, but they're pretty common when it does.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
True Reign
  

2%.

However, they appear more than usually for me, so I don't know if it is wrong or something.
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:08 PM
EricTheEevee
Beginning Trainer

Just restarted my Emerald, and wanting to get a good natured Latias. Do the natures of Latias get set during the choosing of Red or Blue? Or just when you run into it in the wild?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=1#post4929912
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:11 PM
jigglyppuff8

Pretty much after you finish watching the TV.

Old February 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM
EricTheEevee
Beginning Trainer

Pretty much after you finish watching the TV.
so save in front of the tv?
also, would a abra synch work?
and how can i make it easier to find for the first time for when i reset?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=1#post4929912
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Kasbe
Beginning Trainer

-In Emerald, is it worth it training a Poochyena? And the little worm that appears in the beggining, too? Are there any differences (in terms of fighting) between male and female pokemons?
-In FireRed, what is the fastest way to get a Psyduck? (I really want one but I just started the game)
Old February 26th, 2009, 08:16 AM
shanecdavis
Prof. Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheEevee View Post
so save in front of the tv?
also, would a abra synch work?
and how can i make it easier to find for the first time for when i reset?
Having a Pokemon in your team with Synchronize increases the chance (doesn't guarantee) that wild Pokemon will have the same nature as the Synch Pokemon.

The easiest way is to fly to Mossdeep, Surf northwest to Route 124 and find a small island with a house on it (Shard Master's House). With a Lv40 Pokemon in the lead, use a Max Repel, Surf the west side of the island twice. If Lati@s doesn't show, go inside the house, come back out, and repeat. The trick is that every time you go in and out of the house, Lati@s will change routes, but you don't. You can Surf between two routes, but you run the risk of Lati@s jumping into the route you were just in and then moving when you move back. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasbe View Post
A couple of questions:

-In Emerald, is it worth it training a Poochyena? And the little worm that appears in the beggining, too? Are there any differences (in terms of fighting) between male and female pokemons?
-In FireRed, what is the fastest way to get a Psyduck? (I really want one but I just started the game)
ANY Pokemon is worth training for the in-game part of the game. If you are seriously thinking of using either of these in the Battle Frontier or competetive battling against someone who knows how to battle though, I would suggest against it. They are both very weak.

As for Psyduck, while your first opportunity to get Psyduck is the pond in Viridian City, you don't get Surf or Super Rod until MUCH later. The REAL first opportunity will be on Route 12 (Silence Bridge). You get the Super Rod there and Psyduck shows up 1% of the time. Personally, I would avoid that because just a little further on you will get to the Safari Zone where you can obtain Surf. Once you have that, Fly back to Viridian City to that pond. Psyduck appear 100% of the time when you Surf there. Removes the hassle of waiting and waiting and waiting to hook a Psyduck on that unreliable rod.
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM
True Reign
  

Quote:
Mightyena could come in handy in several different occasions through the game, but usually it is not that good. If you were looking at this Pokemon because of its dark type, then you should look more towards Sharpedo or Cacturne.

Wurmple and its evolutions are disgustingly weak towards anything. The only good form would be Dustox and its Toxic. You can use this moveset if you are going to use it, but I would suggest not too.

Dustox @ __ (anything could be used here)
Careful Nature
Shield Dust
- Sludge Bomb
- Light Screen
- Protect
- Toxic

This is just a special wall you can use throughout the game; however, it won't be much help once you start getting into the Battle Frontier.
Quote:
The fastest way to get a Psyduck is in the Safari Zone where you get the Surf. Just apply the Surf HM to a Pokemon and eventually you can find a Psyduck in the small ponds / lakes.
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:23 AM
.Ozymandias
Child of Time

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to .Ozymandias Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Ozymandias
I know you can get the shiny Sapphire and Ruby Zigzagoon when you send your game to Nintendo to get fixed - where do I collect this pokémon from or activate the event?

Friend Code

A Darker Day

Team Destiny

Theme

Old February 27th, 2009, 02:51 PM
True Reign
  

I don't really understand your question, Celuthea, but I'll take a wild guess as you said event and Pokemon. I'm just going to assume you wanted to know where to get the Mystery Gift.

You pretty much just got to any available PokeMart, go to the side of the counter, click 'A' on the paperboard, and a message should appear. Within the message type in 'EVERYONE HAPPY'. This should give you the Mystery Gift.

To view the Mystery Gift, just turn off the game, go back to the start menu, and Mystery Gift should be underneath 'Start New Game'.
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
jigglyppuff8

Correction. You type in:
"LINK" "TOGETHER"
"WITH" "ALL"
About the Zigzagoon event, I'm pretty sure that event's long over. However, you can still get the berry fix through 2 methods.
1. Link 2 GBAs, 1 with Ruby/Sapphire (Player 2) to be fixed, the other with FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald (Player 1). Load the FR/LG/E game first and on the title screen, press select and B. A new screen should show up. Now start up the R/S game while holding Start and Select. The R/S should be fixed now.
2. Pre-ordered Pokemon Colosseum games came with a bonus disc that allowed for a Jirachi to be transferred to the game. The berry fix is also transferred as well.

So, yeah, no shiny Zigzagoon. Sending it to Nintendo won't get you one either.

Old February 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM
True Reign
  

Quote:
"LINK" "TOGETHER"
"WITH" "ALL"
My bad. I thought it was 'EVERYONE HAPPY' for some odd reason...
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:46 PM
jigglyppuff8

That's what you did for D/P, along with "WI-FI" "CONNECTION".

Old February 28th, 2009, 01:35 AM
heatman2477
think with your dipstick jimmy

Send a message via AIM to heatman2477
i think i read something somewhere on this site that said there was some kind of breeding glitch in the game. if so what is it exactly. if i remember correctly someone said they used it for pokemon to be palparked into D/P. i'm planning on starting emerald again soon and if there is something that will benefit me in diamond/pearl or platinum then i'd like to implement it this time.
Old February 28th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatman2477 View Post
i think i read something somewhere on this site that said there was some kind of breeding glitch in the game. if so what is it exactly. if i remember correctly someone said they used it for pokemon to be palparked into D/P. i'm planning on starting emerald again soon and if there is something that will benefit me in diamond/pearl or platinum then i'd like to implement it this time.
If you mean the method of obtaining ridiculously high IVed Pokémon really fast (as in, a few hours) by exploiting the RNG, you don't need to new game for that. In fact, you would be better off if you didn't new game, since you already have access to the Day Care.
However, if you want to exploit the RNG further and get shiny legendaries, then you'd have to new game (unless you haven't caught some of them yet).
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:23 AM
-Leaf
What do I put here?

question about natures...
if my suicune has a docile nature, it will rise as if it were a G/S/C pokemon? (if it is, well spending time capturing it in a pokeball was worth it! like i did with mewtwo.. but he had a lonely nature, that auctually fits its personality with also an AWESOME amount of sp.att of 231 followed by 201 speed)
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:41 AM
jigglyppuff8

If I understand what you're saying, then you could say that Suicune's stats would raise as they did in G/S/C since docile is a neutral nature, meaning that the nature doesn't affect any of the Pokemon's stats, which is kind of a negative thing since you could be boosting your Pokemon's stats by using a different nature. Most of the time, natures raise the power one stat and lower the power another. A list of natures and the stats they affect can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/natures/ . Does this answer your question?

Old March 1st, 2009, 08:49 AM
Ru-Kun
bleh...

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Leaf View Post
question about natures...
(if it is, well spending time capturing it in a pokeball was worth it! like i did with mewtwo.. but he had a lonely nature, that auctually fits its personality with also an AWESOME amount of sp.att of 231 followed by 201 speed)

You could capture it with a pokeball, but it would take a little while because Suicune flee. You would have to put it to sleep, battle it with a Pokemon that has Arena Trap, or paralyze it right off the bat. Or you could just use the master ball. It's up to you.
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
-Leaf
What do I put here?

Quote:
If I understand what you're saying, then you could say that Suicune's stats would raise as they did in G/S/C since docile is a neutral nature, meaning that the nature doesn't affect any of the Pokemon's stats, which is kind of a negative thing since you could be boosting your Pokemon's stats by using a different nature. Most of the time, natures raise the power one stat and lower the power another. A list of natures and the stats they affect can be found here: . Does this answer your question?
that pretty much answers it. thank you. as i didn't understand all the nature things untill today (i dont care about the nature of the pokemon too much, i just love having legendaries in a pokeball )
Old March 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
rxpapi12
Metal Gear....

geez i feel so nooby for asking this having played thrukanto based games like million times lol

what do you do after you beat Misty that Poolice officer is still blocking my way to go through that house so i could go south...
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
shanecdavis
Prof. Davis

Have you already spoken to the cop and battled the Team Rocket chump who gives you Dig? After that you should be able to circle around and head south, towards Vermilion City.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here