• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Congratulations to all new shinies.
I am going to be on leave for a while, due to my idiotic parents.
If all goes well and I am ungrounded by Saturday next week, then I will definitely get a shiny for March Madness. If not...
I'll be pissed.

So good luck to all, and hopefully EVERYONE has a good March Madness.
Sorry to hear that AGAIN, DDD. That really sucks :[

Take care brother.
I'm getting better fast.

I also have a shiny Grimer now.

But I'm a little disappointed.

After all that trouble chaining in the rain, waiting for daylight, and finally getting to 40 (didn't screw up or miss-step once), I get a shiny Grimer then the chain breaks when I come out of it.
Now if that ain't a bummer I don't know what is.

And it has a Naive nature. =/

So I don't know what to do. I could try again, and I want to, but that's a lot of work. And since I've having to leave my DS open at night instead in sleep mode (still charging) the light disrupts my sleep.

It's hard to chain at night in the rain, too. Much easier during the day.
I really wish the chain didn't break, lol.... :(

Good luck everyone, tonight I'm gonna SR for Charmander somemore to try and get my first entry for March Madness since Radar shinies don't count. (They count in my own little personal March Madness though! lol!)

edit:

I'm getting tired for people calling me cheater..... for having 800 Max Repels. =\

edit2:

Shiny Grimer Video

I'm gonna try and chain them again.

Last edited:

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I got a shiny Quirky male Ralts (GodofWar) on a chain of 9 last night, the shiny patch surprised me since it was my first try on the chain. When I first got out of the 9th Ralts battle I thought I saw a shiny patch but it was the bad grass above/behind me so I resetted to radar and saw the shiny patch in the same spot. =D

I tried hard to continue the chain but it broke on 24/27 BY A STARLY >:{.
But I'm going to try again today to get it on 40 and get more shinies.

(No video or pictures since my dad's webcam is still not found)

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
[...] In other news, after two shiny poochyenas, my shiny torchic appeared:View attachment 45216View attachment 45217
it's impish nature.
Good luck everyone.

Congratulations on the Torchic!! =D

Congratulations to all new shinies.
I am going to be on leave for a while, due to my idiotic parents.
If all goes well and I am ungrounded by Saturday next week, then I will definitely get a shiny for March Madness. If not...
I'll be pissed.

So good luck to all, and hopefully EVERYONE has a good March Madness.
Sorry to hear that AGAIN, DDD. That really sucks :[

Hope to see you around, and good luck on your hunts!! =D

[...] I also have a shiny Grimer now.
[...] I'm getting tired for people calling me cheater..... for having 800 Max Repels. =\
[...]

Congratulations on the Grimer!! =D I guess they would call me a cheater as well, cause I always stock up on Max Repels till they reach 999!! XD

I got a shiny Quirky male Ralts [...]

Congratulation on the Ralts!! =D

Still filling up Boxes (lazy Breeder I am) and hatching!! Hopefully I get a Charmander this month, on March Madness!! D: Good luck to all!!

EDIT: Awesome, this was my 700th post on this forum!! Never thought I'd reach this much!! D:

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
im shinyhunter011 :o i changed my name finnally. I got a magikarp with good iv's (i think) from someone (dunno if they want their name said) sooooo im going try to breed shiny magikarp :D.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
[...]
Congratulations on the Grimer!! =D I guess they would call me a cheater as well, cause I always stock up on Max Repels till they reach 999!! XD
[...]

Thanks. Yeah, I usually stock right back up to 999. It doesn't take too much effort. In fact on my Diamond game I have 999 of each kind of repel.
Congrats on your post total and good luck on that Charmander.

I'm attempting to SR for a shiny Treecko. It isn't going well. about 5000 Sr's in.

Congratulations on all the shinys people!

Good luck brother. There's no telling when you will get it, which can be beneficial. You'll receive it when you least expect it, much like I did with my Totodile.

im shinyhunter011 :o i changed my name finnally. I got a magikarp with good iv's (i think) from someone (dunno if they want their name said) sooooo im going try to breed shiny magikarp :D.

lol. Whoever it was must have been very nice and generous. :P

Good luck, but if I had my choice, I want my shiny Magikarp before you get yours! Oh man am I cruel! XD
lol j/k

Yeah....

Well, my chain broke at 10 earlier, so I left to reload my PP and deposit that lone shiny Grimer I caught. When I came back...

I didn't notice at first, but it's a freakin' monsoon out here, NO JOKE.

The rain has actually changed. It was lighter the first time; this time it's coming down nearly sideways and the little splashes are slightly bigger and have multiplied....

It's going to be nearly impossible to chain in this, but I still advance it without any harm. Apparently Grimer loves me because the only reason that one chain broke was because of my first miss-step. Otherwise, the glob has showed up for me each and every time.

But if it breaks this time, I'm leaving and waiting for lighter rain. I didn't know this was possible. I'm surprised it's not lightning like in RSE.

I think I need to build an ark.

edit:

My chain FINALLY broke at 14 but only because I was being very self-destructive. ._.

So now I saved my game just on the edge of Pastoria so I can check back hourly to see if the rain lightens up any....
Or just go back to Abra. But I want more Grimer!!

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
lol. Whoever it was must have been very nice and generous. :P

Good luck, but if I had my choice, I want my shiny Magikarp before you get yours! Oh man am I cruel! XD
lol j/k

Yeah....

Well, my chain broke at 10 earlier, so I left to reload my PP and deposit that lone shiny Grimer I caught. When I came back...

I didn't notice at first, but it's a freakin' monsoon out here, NO JOKE.

The rain has actually changed. It was lighter the first time; this time it's coming down nearly sideways and the little splashes are slightly bigger and have multiplied....

It's going to be nearly impossible to chain in this, but I still advance it without any harm. Apparently Grimer loves me because the only reason that one chain broke was because of my first miss-step. Otherwise, the glob has showed up for me each and every time.

But if it breaks this time, I'm leaving and waiting for lighter rain. I didn't know this was possible. I'm surprised it's not lightning like in RSE.

I think I need to build an ark.

how long have you been going for that golden fish :P
lol, im going be laughing hard if i get it before you, but i shouldnt count on it. :o sorry to hear about the grimer thing. atm im in the elite 4 cave.. sucks right :/. i just want this game to be over with so i can get that houndoom. I dunno if i should try to go for nature. DX

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
how long have you been going for that golden fish :P
lol, im going be laughing hard if i get it before you, but i shouldnt count on it. :o sorry to hear about the grimer thing. atm im in the elite 4 cave.. sucks right :/. i just want this game to be over with so i can get that houndoom. I dunno if i should try to go for nature. DX

I've been trying for a few months now but I haven't been focusing as much lately.
Yeah, you'll be laughing as I pound my head on a desk lol.

THANKFULLY the rain has let up! So I wasn't crazy, it WAS raining harder!!

So it's game over for Grimer now, time to rack'em up and lay'em down.. all over again.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I spent most of my time hunting shiny Tangela in FireRed 1, nothing appeared today, and I'm around 5000 encounters by now. I really hope it show up pretty soon, I really want to move on to another one of my targets(won't say what that is just yet, to keep you all in suspense :P)

I'm currently getting coins in the Game Corner in FireRed 2. I'm at 6052 coins right now, and I'm hoping to get to 9999 before I go to bed. I will be SRing for shiny Clefairy or shiny Dratini in the Game Corner for a bit, then I'll work on a few different things. I really need to beat the League to unlock the rest of the Sevii Islands, as my next target is somewhere on one of those Islands.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
My chain broke at 20 earlier because I was trying to rush too much so I turned back the clock to 8 AM, now I have a whole evening to try and get my new and hopefully final chain to 40, or at least somewhere respectable....
Getting tired of this.

edit: Yeah I wish I could turn back REAL TIME back to before I stepped into that shiny patch and avoided that one and kept going.

In fact I wish I had never even seen it because of the rain, then I probably would've saved myself a lot of time and frustration....

I have a question.

Down at the bottom of the page it has the tags for the SHC.

One of them is midnight.

Why?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Hey guys, congrats to new shinies.

I did a few resets for Clefairy and Dratini in the Game Corner for a bit as well. When I get back to them, I will be alternating between them(reset for Dratini one turn, then Clefairy the next).

I'm currently levelling up a Seadra in preperation for beating the Pokemon League. I'm battling Ponyta and Rapidash mainly, with the other Pokemon on One Island. I'm not really looking for a shiny, but I do hope that one appears while I'm training.

I'm also actively hunting shiny Tangela as well. I managed to get up to 6200 encounters before I had to go to work. I will be hunting it tonight as well as tomorrow(as I don't have to go to work until 4) and hopefully it will shine before then.

I'm not participating in March Madness this year, but I will report any new shinies I get in March. Hopefully Tangela is my next target that shines, but I don't care what does as long as its shiny.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I wish Mirage Island wasn't so rare, I would be hunting for a shiny Wynaut on Sapphire now..

I'm going to hunt for a target on this game now it's going to be..
Spr_3r_293.png

Whismur!

It was going to be a Voltorb/Electrode but I already have shiny Voltorbs on Diamond.

Wish me luck. =D

Years
Congratulations on all new shinies.
Still grounded, yet my brothers can play whenever they want now.
Obvious reason why I want to go to college and get out of this hellhole I am forced to call my home.
So it's blatantly obvious that I haven't gotten to do any hunting.
Good news is, if I get ungrounded this weekend, I will end up with a new shiny rather quickly, since I have no school Tuesday, and half days on Wednesday and Thursday.
So anyways, good luck to all, and I thought that any shinies found in March count towards March Madness, but Storm kinda threw me off with the no participation thing. [/lost]

Peace out.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Chain after broken chain, I don't know whether I should say it's salvation or a slap in the face but I have another shiny Grimer at a chain of 6...

It's Adamant nature.

If I don't make it to 40 this time, I'm packing my bags and getting out of here. I'm getting hysterical. It keeps breaking on safe patches and I'm getting too impatient.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Not everyone has to participate in March Madness. With the way I'm shiny hunting lately, I don't want to try and get the most shinies this month.

Currently training my team for the Pokemon League, running around on One Island hoping for a random shiny to appear(hopefully shiny Ponyta but I'll be happy with anything really). I'm also still hunting for shiny Tangela in FireRed as well. I'm hoping that I can get a random shiny, I haven't gotten one since shiny Whismur in Sapphire on June 16/2008, so I think I'm due for a random one :P.

Congrats to new shinies.

Years
Yay, I'm ungrounded! =P

So yeah, this morning, I flip open the GBA and encounter Registeel. I was tired, my GBA Lighting is bad, and I was in poor lighting as-is. And I thought I saw a shiny Registeel. I wasn't entirely sure, but I soft reset the game. I'm worried it may have actually been shiny though, but I can't be sure. I'm still going strong for it. 2,350 SRs. I've switched from Tangela to One Island to Level Up Marowak and Parasect for now, to Spore & False Swipe the shiny I choose to hunt to death. Moltres, here I come!
So not anything much going on, sadly. Hopefully you can all have some good luck, and that I wish upon you. Peace.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Yay, I'm ungrounded! =P

So yeah, this morning, I flip open the GBA and encounter Registeel. I was tired, my GBA Lighting is bad, and I was in poor lighting as-is. And I thought I saw a shiny Registeel. I wasn't entirely sure, but I soft reset the game. I'm worried it may have actually been shiny though, but I can't be sure. I'm still going strong for it. 2,350 SRs. I've switched from Tangela to One Island to Level Up Marowak and Parasect for now, to Spore & False Swipe the shiny I choose to hunt to death. Moltres, here I come!
So not anything much going on, sadly. Hopefully you can all have some good luck, and that I wish upon you. Peace.

Why didn't you catch the Registeel to check it?

I'm SRing some more for Charmander while I wait to do stuff with Diamond and take a break from chaining on Pearl.

I'm contemplating dually hatching Magikarp on Diamond and my other Pearl, the one that gave me my shiny Munchlax. I think I'll just stick with Diamond though... I haven't tried much, but I hope it comes soon, that way I can go ahead and obtain the rest of the upgrades........

Good luck everyone

Years
Hey, why not just fish and hope for the best? Doesn't it take MUCH less time? And it was in the morning; I had to get to school in a few minutes.

Anyways, good luck to all, and I hope I can get a shiny soon. My GBA has a charging issue, and my other one automatically SRs and Powers Off without warning. The same GBA Rayquaza shone on. I'm glad it didn't die right then.

Back