Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 25th, 2009 (09:11 PM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
[...] I've started SRing for Charmander again, I need to SR for Latias (even though it won't help my situation at all), and I need to hatch Magikarps [...]
Lets see if you get Charmander before me (has happened a lot here before, others beating me to it)!! XD

Quote originally posted by Infinite Heartless Core:
[...] My idiotic father said, "Let's make March No-Gaming Month!" [...]
That sucks, I hope you can be part of March Madness though!! =D

Well, the time has come to release, refill, and restart!! After 17 Boxes and 511 hatched Eggs, nothing appeared, and now I must begin again!! Here's hoping R2 is successful!! ^_^

Till then!!
Old February 25th, 2009 (09:39 PM).
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
I might as well seeing as I have had no luck chaining.

I should be collecting up shinies right now, but no, it had to break on a "safe patch".

Haven't even gotten close enough since, for two stupid reasons:

1. It takes FOREVER to get the safe grass selection. FOREVER. One every 10 minutes just doesn't cut it for me, especially on a DS I can't close up.

2. Guess who's the Swarmer after my chain broke? Cubone. So that's causing my problems.

Tomorrow I'm changing routes and instead going to Route 215 to chain them there. 10% encounter rate, I'll just switch to rare grass and see what happens. Yeah. I have a headache right now after frustratingly trying to get back to where I was but I'm too impatient and I break the chains but it's hard in the first place because of Cubone.

I'll be SRing Charmander more later. Screw chaining (for now anyway)

Good luck everyone '

and good luck hatching that shiny Charmander, hatching has never looked so good to me.

It may take longer, but the payoff is better.
Old February 26th, 2009 (09:51 AM). Edited February 26th, 2009 by Stronkadonk.
Stronkadonk
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Psh, my parents don't allow me to game during the week, so I try and get as much hunting in then, and they can't stop you-know-whating about that too. Moreso my dad, though.

Anyways, I'm hunting Tangela for the time being, and I'll probably interchange over to Registeel in Ruby in about an hour. If Tangela doesn't shine by 105-110 Hours of Gameplay, then I'm gonna switch over to Moltres or Mewtwo. I want my FireRed to spit out a shiny >_>

So good luck to all, and yeah, I had the same problem with faulty safe patches, DDD.
Old February 26th, 2009 (11:53 PM).
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Although it's not what I was originally going after, I've added a new Pokemon to my roster.

But not until after I had to reset the Radar 425 times after getting to 39 - 40.
That was just cruel.

Yay Ralts!
Old February 27th, 2009 (06:37 AM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Although it's not what I was originally going after, I've added a new Pokemon to my roster.

But not until after I had to reset the Radar 425 times after getting to 39 - 40.
That was just cruel.

Yay Ralts!
\0/ Congratulations on the Ralts!! =D
Old February 27th, 2009 (07:19 AM).
BG pokemon freak
Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY

hello all.
I have no new shinyes, but i notised the home page @ serebii...
well there is a section to the upper right about the next episode in japan ... there is a Shiny Metagross in the second picture, I'm sure of it. what do you think ?
I would be cool for another shiny to appear in the anime.
see ya guys and congratulations for all new shinyes.
Old February 27th, 2009 (07:24 AM). Edited February 27th, 2009 by Hikari Ven.
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Nature: Timid
^Yeah, that is a shiny Metagross, looks cool. Going to have to watch that episode when it comes out here.

Spending the day SRing for Regigigas and hunting for shiny Tangela. Hopefully one of these will be my next shiny.

EDIT: Decided to get a few resets in for my second shiny Mudkip in Sapphire. Also did a few Paras encounters as well. Doesn't matter which of these 4 shines, I just hope one of them does appear soon.
Old February 27th, 2009 (04:08 PM).
Lunafloon

Nature: Quiet
well, i'm back again
thanks to everyone for the messages, planning to evolve Cullen to a shiny Drifblim soon

im hatching for Bunearys right now, im trying the egg chaining thing for fun cause even if it doesnt work, i have 242 eggs towards my hunt
not all bad :D

good luck to everyone on your hunts and congrats to the new shinys!
i never knew Regirock was such a looker in its shiny form XD
Old February 27th, 2009 (06:40 PM).
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote originally posted by Shadow Chaos:
\0/ Congratulations on the Ralts!! =D
Thanks brother. I've added 4 more to my collection; I'm not through yet. Yeah... after getting the first, about 30 minutes later I got 4 more in like 10 minutes of playing.

Only one to my knowledge has the right nature though. I plan to get 12.

But you know what sucks?

I am sick. AGAIN.

Yeah! AGAIN!!! It happened last night during my Ralts hunt. My nose started running. I didn't think much of it. Then I started sneezing... and then later I stopped up. And I woke up this way.

When will I ever be better for longer than a week? This is unfair. I cannot afford to be sick. This time, I must fight through it.

After Ralts, I plan to raise one and then get back to Abra, my original chain target.
Old February 27th, 2009 (09:02 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Thanks brother. I've added 4 more to my collection; I'm not through yet. Yeah... after getting the first, about 30 minutes later I got 4 more in like 10 minutes of playing.

Only one to my knowledge has the right nature though. I plan to get 12.

But you know what sucks?

I am sick. AGAIN.

Yeah! AGAIN!!! It happened last night during my Ralts hunt. My nose started running. I didn't think much of it. Then I started sneezing... and then later I stopped up. And I woke up this way.

When will I ever be better for longer than a week? This is unfair. I cannot afford to be sick. This time, I must fight through it.

After Ralts, I plan to raise one and then get back to Abra, my original chain target.
Sorry to hear that you're sick again, maybe if you drink orange juice and a good amount of water you'll feel better, also some soup will do; congratulations on ralts.
hope you get well soon, just take some rest.

Quote originally posted by Peeplup:
well, i'm back again
thanks to everyone for the messages, planning to evolve Cullen to a shiny Drifblim soon

im hatching for Bunearys right now, im trying the egg chaining thing for fun cause even if it doesnt work, i have 242 eggs towards my hunt
not all bad :D

good luck to everyone on your hunts and congrats to the new shinys!
i never knew Regirock was such a looker in its shiny form XD
good luck with buneary; yeah, regirock looks cool in it's shiny form, it makes it look more like a rock legendary.

Quote originally posted by Storm_Dragoon:
^Yeah, that is a shiny Metagross, looks cool. Going to have to watch that episode when it comes out here.

Spending the day SRing for Regigigas and hunting for shiny Tangela. Hopefully one of these will be my next shiny.

EDIT: Decided to get a few resets in for my second shiny Mudkip in Sapphire. Also did a few Paras encounters as well. Doesn't matter which of these 4 shines, I just hope one of them does appear soon.
It's been a long time since a shiny appeared in the series, that episode will be great to see.

In other news, after two shiny poochyenas, my shiny torchic appeared:uncatchable poochyena (shiny).jpgshiny torchic.jpg
it's impish nature.
Good luck everyone.
Old March 1st, 2009 (07:51 AM).
Stronkadonk
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Congratulations to all new shinies.
I am going to be on leave for a while, due to my idiotic parents.
If all goes well and I am ungrounded by Saturday next week, then I will definitely get a shiny for March Madness. If not...
I'll be pissed.

So good luck to all, and hopefully EVERYONE has a good March Madness.
Sorry to hear that AGAIN, DDD. That really sucks :[
Old March 2nd, 2009 (10:12 AM).
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

Hmm March Madness, sounds like fun. I'm going for randoms in Ruby, good luck for MM.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old March 2nd, 2009 (01:39 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2009 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.
DDD'SSCEPTILE

If all goes well and I am ungrounded by Saturday next week, then I will definitely get a shiny for March Madness. If not...
I'll be pissed.

Take care brother.
I'm getting better fast.

I also have a shiny Grimer now.

But I'm a little disappointed.

After all that trouble chaining in the rain, waiting for daylight, and finally getting to 40 (didn't screw up or miss-step once), I get a shiny Grimer then the chain breaks when I come out of it.
Now if that ain't a bummer I don't know what is.

And it has a Naive nature. =/

So I don't know what to do. I could try again, and I want to, but that's a lot of work. And since I've having to leave my DS open at night instead in sleep mode (still charging) the light disrupts my sleep.

It's hard to chain at night in the rain, too. Much easier during the day.
I really wish the chain didn't break, lol....

Good luck everyone, tonight I'm gonna SR for Charmander somemore to try and get my first entry for March Madness since Radar shinies don't count. (They count in my own little personal March Madness though! lol!)

edit:

I'm getting tired for people calling me cheater..... for having 800 Max Repels. =\

edit2:

Shiny Grimer Video

I'm gonna try and chain them again.
Old March 3rd, 2009 (04:53 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2009 by Evil Sonic.
Evil Sonic
Fufufu, All according to plan.

Nature: Naive
I got a shiny Quirky male Ralts (GodofWar) on a chain of 9 last night, the shiny patch surprised me since it was my first try on the chain. When I first got out of the 9th Ralts battle I thought I saw a shiny patch but it was the bad grass above/behind me so I resetted to radar and saw the shiny patch in the same spot. =D

I tried hard to continue the chain but it broke on 24/27 BY A STARLY >:{.
But I'm going to try again today to get it on 40 and get more shinies.

(No video or pictures since my dad's webcam is still not found)

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
::My GPXPlus account::
Diamond FC: 1763 1441 8561 (Name: Evey)
Black FC: 4212 3408 4293 (Name: Evey)
Old March 3rd, 2009 (08:00 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2009 by Shadow Chaos.
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
[...] In other news, after two shiny poochyenas, my shiny torchic appeared:Attachment 45216Attachment 45217
it's impish nature.
Good luck everyone.
Congratulations on the Torchic!! =D

I'll be pissed.

Hope to see you around, and good luck on your hunts!! =D

[...] I also have a shiny Grimer now.
[...] I'm getting tired for people calling me cheater..... for having 800 Max Repels. =\
[...]
Congratulations on the Grimer!! =D I guess they would call me a cheater as well, cause I always stock up on Max Repels till they reach 999!! XD

Quote originally posted by Evil Sonic:
I got a shiny Quirky male Ralts [...]
Congratulation on the Ralts!! =D

Still filling up Boxes (lazy Breeder I am) and hatching!! Hopefully I get a Charmander this month, on March Madness!! D: Good luck to all!!

EDIT: Awesome, this was my 700th post on this forum!! Never thought I'd reach this much!! D:
Old March 3rd, 2009 (01:45 PM).
PokemonMichael

Nature: Bashful
I'm attempting to SR for a shiny Treecko. It isn't going well. about 5000 Sr's in.

Congratulations on all the shinys people!
Old March 3rd, 2009 (02:50 PM).
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
im shinyhunter011 :o i changed my name finnally. I got a magikarp with good iv's (i think) from someone (dunno if they want their name said) sooooo im going try to breed shiny magikarp :D.
Old March 3rd, 2009 (03:06 PM). Edited March 3rd, 2009 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote originally posted by Shadow Chaos:
[...]
Congratulations on the Grimer!! =D I guess they would call me a cheater as well, cause I always stock up on Max Repels till they reach 999!! XD
[...]
Thanks. Yeah, I usually stock right back up to 999. It doesn't take too much effort. In fact on my Diamond game I have 999 of each kind of repel.
Congrats on your post total and good luck on that Charmander.

Quote originally posted by PokemonMichael:
I'm attempting to SR for a shiny Treecko. It isn't going well. about 5000 Sr's in.

Congratulations on all the shinys people!
Good luck brother. There's no telling when you will get it, which can be beneficial. You'll receive it when you least expect it, much like I did with my Totodile.

Quote originally posted by super onii chan:
im shinyhunter011 :o i changed my name finnally. I got a magikarp with good iv's (i think) from someone (dunno if they want their name said) sooooo im going try to breed shiny magikarp :D.
lol. Whoever it was must have been very nice and generous.

Good luck, but if I had my choice, I want my shiny Magikarp before you get yours! Oh man am I cruel! XD
lol j/k

Yeah....

Well, my chain broke at 10 earlier, so I left to reload my PP and deposit that lone shiny Grimer I caught. When I came back...

I didn't notice at first, but it's a freakin' monsoon out here, NO JOKE.

The rain has actually changed. It was lighter the first time; this time it's coming down nearly sideways and the little splashes are slightly bigger and have multiplied....

It's going to be nearly impossible to chain in this, but I still advance it without any harm. Apparently Grimer loves me because the only reason that one chain broke was because of my first miss-step. Otherwise, the glob has showed up for me each and every time.

But if it breaks this time, I'm leaving and waiting for lighter rain. I didn't know this was possible. I'm surprised it's not lightning like in RSE.

I think I need to build an ark.

edit:

My chain FINALLY broke at 14 but only because I was being very self-destructive. ._.

So now I saved my game just on the edge of Pastoria so I can check back hourly to see if the rain lightens up any....
Or just go back to Abra. But I want more Grimer!!
Old March 3rd, 2009 (03:18 PM). Edited March 3rd, 2009 by super onii chan.
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

lol. Whoever it was must have been very nice and generous.

Good luck, but if I had my choice, I want my shiny Magikarp before you get yours! Oh man am I cruel! XD
lol j/k

Yeah....

Well, my chain broke at 10 earlier, so I left to reload my PP and deposit that lone shiny Grimer I caught. When I came back...

I didn't notice at first, but it's a freakin' monsoon out here, NO JOKE.

The rain has actually changed. It was lighter the first time; this time it's coming down nearly sideways and the little splashes are slightly bigger and have multiplied....

It's going to be nearly impossible to chain in this, but I still advance it without any harm. Apparently Grimer loves me because the only reason that one chain broke was because of my first miss-step. Otherwise, the glob has showed up for me each and every time.

But if it breaks this time, I'm leaving and waiting for lighter rain. I didn't know this was possible. I'm surprised it's not lightning like in RSE.

I think I need to build an ark.
how long have you been going for that golden fish
lol, im going be laughing hard if i get it before you, but i shouldnt count on it. :o sorry to hear about the grimer thing. atm im in the elite 4 cave.. sucks right :/. i just want this game to be over with so i can get that houndoom. I dunno if i should try to go for nature. DX
Old March 3rd, 2009 (04:32 PM).
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote originally posted by super onii chan:
how long have you been going for that golden fish
lol, im going be laughing hard if i get it before you, but i shouldnt count on it. :o sorry to hear about the grimer thing. atm im in the elite 4 cave.. sucks right :/. i just want this game to be over with so i can get that houndoom. I dunno if i should try to go for nature. DX
I've been trying for a few months now but I haven't been focusing as much lately.
Yeah, you'll be laughing as I pound my head on a desk lol.

THANKFULLY the rain has let up! So I wasn't crazy, it WAS raining harder!!

So it's game over for Grimer now, time to rack'em up and lay'em down.. all over again.
Old March 3rd, 2009 (07:20 PM).
Hikari Ven
Trainer

I spent most of my time hunting shiny Tangela in FireRed 1, nothing appeared today, and I'm around 5000 encounters by now. I really hope it show up pretty soon, I really want to move on to another one of my targets(won't say what that is just yet, to keep you all in suspense )

I'm currently getting coins in the Game Corner in FireRed 2. I'm at 6052 coins right now, and I'm hoping to get to 9999 before I go to bed. I will be SRing for shiny Clefairy or shiny Dratini in the Game Corner for a bit, then I'll work on a few different things. I really need to beat the League to unlock the rest of the Sevii Islands, as my next target is somewhere on one of those Islands.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.
Old March 4th, 2009 (12:31 PM). Edited March 4th, 2009 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.
DDD'SSCEPTILE

My chain broke at 20 earlier because I was trying to rush too much so I turned back the clock to 8 AM, now I have a whole evening to try and get my new and hopefully final chain to 40, or at least somewhere respectable....
Getting tired of this.

edit: Yeah I wish I could turn back REAL TIME back to before I stepped into that shiny patch and avoided that one and kept going.

In fact I wish I had never even seen it because of the rain, then I probably would've saved myself a lot of time and frustration....

I have a question.

Down at the bottom of the page it has the tags for the SHC.

One of them is midnight.

Why?
Old March 4th, 2009 (01:29 PM).
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

oh snap EVERYONE GOOD LUCK ON MARCH MADNESS... i hope i participate, hell i hope we do it this year :3

btw DDD you need your shiny card updated :o
Old March 4th, 2009 (01:53 PM).
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Hey guys, congrats to new shinies.

I did a few resets for Clefairy and Dratini in the Game Corner for a bit as well. When I get back to them, I will be alternating between them(reset for Dratini one turn, then Clefairy the next).

I'm currently levelling up a Seadra in preperation for beating the Pokemon League. I'm battling Ponyta and Rapidash mainly, with the other Pokemon on One Island. I'm not really looking for a shiny, but I do hope that one appears while I'm training.

I'm also actively hunting shiny Tangela as well. I managed to get up to 6200 encounters before I had to go to work. I will be hunting it tonight as well as tomorrow(as I don't have to go to work until 4) and hopefully it will shine before then.

I'm not participating in March Madness this year, but I will report any new shinies I get in March. Hopefully Tangela is my next target that shines, but I don't care what does as long as its shiny.
Old March 4th, 2009 (02:31 PM).
Evil Sonic
Fufufu, All according to plan.

Nature: Naive
I wish Mirage Island wasn't so rare, I would be hunting for a shiny Wynaut on Sapphire now..

I'm going to hunt for a target on this game now it's going to be..

Whismur!

It was going to be a Voltorb/Electrode but I already have shiny Voltorbs on Diamond.

Wish me luck. =D

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
::My GPXPlus account::
Diamond FC: 1763 1441 8561 (Name: Evey)
Black FC: 4212 3408 4293 (Name: Evey)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links