The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2009, 12:57 AM
ckret2
usually pronounced "secret 2"

Send a message via AIM to ckret2

Advertise here
I've seen a couple of hacks where you play as a member of Team Rocket, but one I think was canceled and the other still feels a lot like a regular Pokémon game, in that you have get the choice of three starters in a lab-like setting, you must do the gym/Elite 4 plot, you can't steal other trainers' Pokémon, Nurse Joy never calls the police when you heal your team...

So, I want to make a Team Rocket hack, where you're a grunt that acts like a grunt, and not like every other Pokémon protagonist with a new backsprite.

Mainly, I know the features I want to include in the game, if I can ever figure out how to make them work:

-No starter choice.
Spoiler:
Hey, you're just a Grunt and it's your first day on the job, you don't get choices in these things. Here's your level five Rattata; if you want something cool like an Arbok, either catch/steal it yourself or find a more veteran Grunt who'll trade his mighty serpent for your mouse. Good luck. (I don't know if I'd actually be cruel enough to give out a Rattata as a starter. But I might make it random; you have a chance of getting, say, a Rattata, a Sandshrew, and a Zubat--or maybe a Magnemite, a Grimer, or a Voltorb, if a busy Scientist hands you your starter--but you get no say in which it'll be. Something like that.)

-Smaller team sizes.
Spoiler:
In the original games, while you might occasionally run into a Grunt with five or six Pokémon, most have only three, sometimes four. So I think it'd be neat if you could only carry four Pokémon. Make the game a bit more challenging.

-No nonsense about challenging the gyms.
Spoiler:
After all, a Grunt wouldn't care about heading to the Elite Four, unless he's thinking about stealing Lance's team or something. I'd have to come up with a different way to keep the plot moving, of course. Maybe gym battles are replaced with battles against Rocket Admins, to earn promotions--or, you actually could fight at least some of the leaders. I could see a battle with Sabrina. (Too bad Grunts love their poison-types so much, neh?)

-This is an idea I saw proposed for the Team Rocket hack that got scrapped, and I like the sound of if; you can't heal your Pokémon in Pokécenters.
Spoiler:
And my additions to the idea: maybe each city has a house with an undercover Rocket operative inside, and you have to go in each house and, I dunno, use a Key Item (call it Rocket Emblem or something like that) to figure out if it's the right one; you show it to the occupant and see how they react. If it is the right house, then you can speak to the operative whenever you need your Pokémon healed, and if it isn't, then the person inside will see your emblem and "call the police," which probably means that you instantly go into battle with an Officer Jenny when you leave the house. Let's hope your Pokémon aren't desperately in need of a healing when you're trying to find the operative in the new town, eh?

-If all your Pokémon faint, you don't simply white out, lose half your cash, and get instantly healed.
Spoiler:
Maybe if you're battling a wild Pokémon you do (and show up at the nearest identified operative's house), but if you're in battle with a trainer and lose, they're not going to politely accept their winner's cash and wave as you run to the nearest Pokécenter, and Nurse Joy isn't going to kindly heal your Pokémon. You're in friggen Team Rocket, and now they've got you defenseless. I'm not sure what I'll do instead, though. Perhaps the trainer you lose to contacts the police, and you wake up in a jail cell? Then, losing half your cash would still make sense; Giovanni takes your bail money out of your paycheck.

-This is one I'd really like to do: Have the ability to steal a trainer's Pokémon.
Spoiler:
You can still catch wild Pokémon too, and there would have to be limits on it, of course; maybe MOST of the time if you try to throw a Ball at the foe's Pokémon, it'll bounce off just like it would in a normal game. There'd be prerequisites before it could work, like, your Pokémon has to be a higher level than their Pokémon, and they have to be down to their last Pokémon--so if they have three, you have to beat the first two and then you'll have a chance to catch the third. If it's their second one you really want, too bad. And it'd have to be much more difficult than catching a wild Pokémon. Maybe you can only use special Rocket Balls during battle, and any Ball you use in battle with a Trainer would have an eighth the efficiency it would on regular Pokémon, or something like that.

-In addition (if I get that one to work) any Pokémon you steal from another Trainer acts like a traded Pokémon, completely disobedient.
Spoiler:
And without badges, there's no way it'll obey you. Maybe there could be an alternate way to get it to obey, such as getting its Happiness level really low; "breaking its spirit," in a way. Of course, it'd be a constant battle to keep it that low. If you walk around with it for a while, it's Happiness level will raise, so it'll get some self-confidence back. Eighty percent of the bitter medicine lady's customers are probably in Team Rocket.

-If I can manage this, no HM slaves. You'll get Key Items to do that.
Spoiler:
In the Rock Tunnel, you use your official Rocket Flashlight. Isn't that a nice change? However, one of the MAJOR things that made the plot coherent in the official games was the fact that you couldn't just skip around the region willy-nilly; you can't proceed in the games unless you beat the gym leaders and find the proper HMs. So, in this version, you'd still have to fulfill some task before you get your Super Rocket Mallet for those breakable boulders; maybe that'd be the purpose of battling higher-ranked Admins for your promotion, you have to beat them to get your device. (Frankly, half the reason I want to do this is as an excuse to replace the boring kid-sitting-on-an-unidentified-water-Pokémon sprite with a much more exciting Rocket-Grunt-poking-out-of-a-Magikarp-submarine sprite.)

Those are all the mind-breakingly hard coding ideas, though. On a more tame level, if I ever got this thing to work, I'd probably try to set it in Kanto and Johto, a slight alternate universe of the R/B/Y and G/S/C plots. If that's too ambitious, though (I know other people have tried and failed many times to combine different regions) I'll probably stick to a R/B/Y alternate universe. But, ignorant though I am about all that goes into hacking, I don't think doing Kanto and Johto together would be terribly hard. It's not like I'm trying to put two complete leagues in one game, with sixteen gyms and two Elite Fours; it's just a larger environment. And I wouldn't have to get too fancy with the mapping since it's already been done once. (I'd REALLY like to hack one of the R/S/E/FR/LG games to make this, just for the snazzy graphics, but for simplicity's sake I may just do a G/S/C hack. Makes the mapping much simpler, at least.)

Plotwise, I hope to hit most of the major events of the original games in some way; the Marowak business--maybe your Grunt can be the one to kill it--taking over Silph, etc. In Saffron I'd like to do something with Sabrina, since it's always struck me as odd that she, with all her powers, was content to sit in her gym with Rockets all over her city a Grunt out front blocking people from coming inside. Maybe Team Rocket (read as: your Grunt) had to beat her and she was kept captive in her own gym. And there would be the events in Johto, too. I'm thinking of explaining the time skip of three years by having the Grunt stuck in jail after the first fall of Team Rocket, before getting sprung by the group trying to reorganize things. And, like I said, it'd have to be a bit of an alternate universe; we can't have the story of your Grunt being controlled by the behavior of the protagonists from the original R/B/Y/G/S/C games running around and messing things up. You'd be climbing the ranks of Team Rocket, and maybe the game ends with the admins accepting Giovanni isn't coming back--but recognizing you as the new boss.

In addition to the original game events, it'd be neat to do something with Mewtwo (using his game canon Cinnabar Island backstory, not the movie canon). One of the sub-quests could be to go to his cave and try to re-capture him. Since this'd be in Kanto and there'd still be Johto to go through, he'd be leveled down, and probably set to be defeatable but impossible to catch, like the ghost Marowak. So you beat him, he flies off, and then you have a real opportunity to catch him later in the game. (That wouldn't be hard to code; instead of making him an Only One Pokémon like traditional legendaries, there'd just be two different Mewtwo in the game but have the characters talk about them like there's one. Internal continuity is kept, huzzah.)

I've got several ideas for a rival, or rivals. One (the main one?) could be your partner, but you usually split up to work on your missions independently and when you meet again he'll want to test out the prize from his latest steal. (And in a typical instance of the-game-just-hates-you, his "stolen" Pokémon don't treat him like a traded trainer.) Another could be a rookie police officer (maybe a Jenny) who you keep running into and who keeps trying to take you down and bring you in. I also might borrow from Team Rocket in the animé and have the Grunt encounter this same kid several times (who just happens to be the protagonist of the original games; I'd probably just call him Red). All the rivals' Pokémon would be set to uncatchable, most likely. What's the fun of running into Red four times if you stole his Pikachu the first time you met?

So, that's about... sixty-five percent of the ideas I've got for stuff that could go into the game. Now is the point where I confess that I've never so much as attempted hacking a game, but I'm so hyped over this idea that I'd be glad to learn whatever it takes. I'm certainly not going "plz help me, how do I do this?" However, if anyone would be kind enough to link me so some sort of Hacking For Dummies tutorial, I'd be very grateful, because I've glanced over the tutorial section and it looks like even the basics are beyond me, since they at least assume you've got a program to work with. And if, by chance, any of these tutorials were Mac-friendly, I'd be even more grateful. (Yes, yes, I'm attempting this on a Mac.) If not, I'll find a work around.

Anyway, thanks, lemme know what you think about this pipe dream of mine, and any thoughts in regard to any aspect of it would be very much appreciated.
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Nonsense
Beginning Trainer

Well here's a new one, im not a hacker so anyone who wants to use this, just take it.

You start in the region of ketana. You are a talented 14 year old pokemon trainer studying in the local academy and the local pokemon hero takes a liking to you and takes you under his wing. 2 years later, you have almost learnt everything when one day, while you are going to visit your teacher, you see a bright light coming from his house by the stream. By the time you entered the house, nobody was there and on the table was a pokeball. You threw the pokeball and out comes your teacher's favourite pikachu. On the wall is was splashed with a big red M. You remembered your teacher telling you about a criminal organisation, Magnate, who tries to catch and steal pokemon. You go on a quest, to save your teacher and stop team magnate and most importantly, fufill your dreams of becoming the greatest pokemon trainer in history.
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:48 PM
RESTART45
I make ideas you make hacks

What if you start off in a small town like all games and your dad is the champion of the elite four
you got put in charge of a gym- the first gym. you pik the type.
All of a sudden some one comes in your gym and challenges you he is very good
If you beat him he becomes your rival but if he beats you you hand over a badge and he asks you to come along on his journey and teach him about pokemon then you find your dad in the next town he asks you wat your doing there and if you want to quit the gym
you say yes and then go along but when you leave the town your friend swipes your pak and runs away with all your pokemon and then you go bak get a new lvl 5 pokemon and go home where you have to beat all the gyms and finnaly get to the elite four where your freind is the new champion
you must beat him and if you do you give the champio spot to your dad again and he is so gratefull he gives you a pik of the legendary you want to face
there will be 5 pokemon pik one and a door opens up and your friend rushes in but you chase after him and fight your friend to see if you get to fight the legendary wen you catch it you win the game and get the gym bak

Is this good??????? plz read it over and tell me wat you think
-restart

it suks duznt it
well im just trying it out
PS how do you make hacks???

Last edited by RESTART45; January 13th, 2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 13th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Pfft
Beginning Trainer

...err i dont know about ideas nor do i know about the capacity for base roms to hold such ideas...
...but (for those who want to read) could you hack it so that the game was more "freer" in the sense that you are removing all the game's barriers and movement limitations so that...you can reach from point A to C without ever passing through B...i mean starting a new game...from pallet town...and wanting to go lavender town straight away (although it is not suggested, high levelled pokemon)...in a sense making the game a lot like gta (for those who have played the game) just without the swearing, violence, drug references and sexual themes in the game...in gta you are giving a mission to do and you can go either do the mission or just plainly explore the environment set out by rockstar games...or the fact that gta has naturally a lot of easter eggs and side missions...
...or maybe making the game more realistic, like adding a bathroom to your house, giving your digital parent a room to occupy, playing the 2d pixelated games on the wii/gamecube (if you are really bored)...maybe even adding hunger as an important factor in the game...making sure that you feed both you and your pokemon to survive...or maybe combining all the regions together (kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh etc.) in to one huge global map and making it so that once you complete 1 league you unlock a new area, a new part of the world...it could be prof oak suddenly calls you "<name> my collegue in one of the other regions wants to meet with you", so you take a cruise over to the next island (the concept of the sevii islands...but with a larger, bigger map and on a bigger scale)...maybe including back alleyways of shops and buildings...or even a sewer system...or maybe creating an alternate pathway for your character...like other than taking the pokemon master path you could probably take the team rocket side of things and help them with their world domination...or control over the other regions...or even help the capturing or rare/legendary pokemon in a specific region...
....or possibly hacking it so that you can explore the town while your pokemon are being healed...maybe customising items for shops...or even make clothing for your character to wear...or may-
...ill stop there..sorry for typing for so long...sorry for copying someone ideas (in case i did)...sorry if these ideas have already been said...sorry for expressing (if they are) bad/dead beat ideas...sorry for (if they are) making you read these dead beat ideas...sorry if i typed anything defamatory, derogratory, discrimatory or offensive...sorry for all these points above...do what you wish with this post if they do breach such rules and regulations...
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM
grenadesonfire
Beginning Trainer

My idea involves Pokemon Gijinka. The main character dies, but when he dies he goes to a new world filled with Gijinka pokemon. If he can get enough badges he can return alive again (by fighting the gijinka leaders of each gym). It goes through Kanto, Hoenn, and a new region (sorry I am no good at naming, so for now it remains nameless). The boy (or girl) was about 16 when they died, the character (just to add a twist) was killed in a fire started by a pokemon.

Also, this rom will be a modded version of emerald.

Note: Gijinka are human forms of pokemon
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadesonfire View Post
My idea involves Pokemon Gijinka. The main character dies, but when he dies he goes to a new world filled with Gijinka pokemon. If he can get enough badges he can return alive again (by fighting the gijinka leaders of each gym). It goes through Kanto, Hoenn, and a new region (sorry I am no good at naming, so for now it remains nameless). The boy (or girl) was about 16 when they died, the character (just to add a twist) was killed in a fire started by a pokemon.

Well for this idea, we need feedback on:
why the main character dying is a twist if the whole hack revolces around that hack
why he/she goes to Gijinka
Why they have to collect...badges, instead of something else
Why he goes to Gijinka if he's dead
Why pokemon have human forms

Just some holes that need filling.
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:30 PM
grenadesonfire
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Well for this idea, we need feedback on:
why the main character dying is a twist if the whole hack revolces around that hack
why he/she goes to Gijinka
Why they have to collect...badges, instead of something else
Why he goes to Gijinka if he's dead
Why pokemon have human forms

Just some holes that need filling.
My note explains what Gijinka are, so by becoming a human version of a pokemon when you were killed by a pokemon seemed like an ironic twist, to me.

The main character becomes a Gijinka when he/she died so he/she could earn back his/her life. The badges (maybe something else) are what allow you to get your life back.
Old January 16th, 2009, 02:33 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
My note explains what Gijinka are, so by becoming a human version of a pokemon when you were killed by a pokemon seemed like an ironic twist, to me.

The main character becomes a Gijinka when he/she died so he/she could earn back his/her life. The badges (maybe something else) are what allow you to get your life back.
The human form of a pokemon implies that the Gijinka is a pokemon in human form, I think you mean the other way around.
Couldn't you collect spirit morsels instead? Badges don't really make sense.
Old January 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM
ckret2

Quote:

It's an interesting concept. I've never been into the concept of Gijinka myself, but you could do something fun with it, I'm sure.

So, the main character is a Gijinka as well? Maybe the "gym badges" can be used as some sort of "spiritual" rewards. Perhaps the Gijinka in this afterlife were all humans in their former lives? Or maybe some of the Gijinka were Pokémon before going to this afterlife, instead of all being humans the way the player was? You could do some spiritual message like "deep down, on the level of the soul, all Pokémon and humans are essentially the same, which is why in the afterlife they are a blending of each other" or something like that, as an explanation.

As to the gym badges/spiritual rewards, perhaps you have to obtain them to come back to life again. Like, the "gym leaders" are guardians of the afterlife, so you team up with other Gijinka to beat the guardians and... fight your way back to the living realm, essentially. Either you're escaping death, or you have to beat these guardians to show that you have enough spiritual strength to be reincarnated.

Or something else. Maybe you don't intend this to be an "afterlife" but a "next life," in which case the whole badges-as-spiritual-indications-of-strength thing is a useless suggestion.

One thing you want to think about, though: logically speaking, if the player is a Gijinka and all the Pokémon are Gijinka, then the dynamic of catching-and-training is going to be very different. Humans catching animals is one thing, but if they're all the same creatures in this world, then it'd be like humans catching other humans. Maybe you don't have the option of "catching" other Pokémon in the world, and you just have to rely on receiving them to build your team, like the way you receive Eevee?

Just suggestions. And maybe you don't want to deal with that, and just want to go ahead and have player!Gijinka catching and using Pokémon!Gijinka. But in a real, fully fleshed out world, that'd look a little odd.

This one is my hack.

This one is the hack I part-time map for.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Glad I grabbed an egg I didn't recognize.
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:31 PM
pn0yb0y67

I have no idea how to hack, but I've had the idea for quite some time...

Hack Name: Pokémon Amber/EnergyAmber/Something-Along-Those-Lines

Hack Of: Pokémon FireRed

Story: You've been tossing and turning in your sleep. You have nightmares of being underwater, struggling to survive. There are shadows floating around you and suddenly... You are awake, safe, in your bed. Today your father, the local Pokémon Scientist (Dr. Fuji) calls you downstairs and he gives you your birthday present: your first Pokémon. Unlike most children your age, you are not a Pokémon trainer. Also unlike most children, your first Pokémon is a clone of the rare Mew. You and your partner, Mewtwo, are ready to see the world and befriend many Pokémon. Your father's boss helps you start your jouney in Viridian City, and your father contacts Prof. Oak to set you up with gear that will help you on your journey. Little does your father know, your intentions are also to find where your nightmares take place. Little do you know there is far more to your dreams than you think...

You leave your home on Cinnabar Island and are transported to an undisclosed location (Viridian Gym). Your father's boss, Giovanni, secretly wants you to test his ultimate machine that is Mewtwo. Leaving his Gym (a cover for his alterior motives), you head to the Pokémart. The merchant asks you to deliver a package to Prof. Oak in the next town.

As you continue your journey, your father sends you more cloned Pokémon (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Pikachu) as a means to help you as you face challenges in Trainers. As you move further through Kanto, you find trouble with your fathers' employers Team Rocket. Eventually, you find Giovanni has been using you for his own personal gain, and you defeat him and his intentions to dominate you and the world.

As you travel through the Sevii Islands, however, you uncover the mystery surrounding your nightmares. You hear rumors that Team Rocket has still been attempting to clone Pokémon for their own personal gain. You are eventually led to New Island. Here you find a Laboratory, not unlike the one found in your hometown. In this lab, however, there are giant test tubes with what appear to be the rumored clones. As you reach the end of the facility, you find a mirror image of yourself. Unfortunately, this copy also has a team similar to that of which was given to you by your father, but at an advanced level. Your doppelgänger is cold-hearted, as are her Pokémon. This is you as intended by Giovanni. Your dreams, were visions of your clone's point of view.

After the defeat, you have access to Cerullean Cave. Instead of having Mewtwo at the end, as in the normal games, you encounter Mew.

Notes: No Gyms?
Mansion in Cinnabar: made similar to that in Celadon?
Giovanni battles, give clues? Mandatory to fight in gym, but no badge?

Old January 26th, 2009, 03:51 PM
ckret2

pn0yb0y67: I like the concept! You'll need to iron out some details, of course, but it's a great idea.

Some plot points you might want to think about: why is Dr. Fuji sending his daughter out to test-run Mewtwo? (Especially since, as we've seen from the short she was in, he'd do almost anything for his daughter's good. Maybe Giovanni threatened to harm Amber if Fuji doesn't agree?)

Also, starting out with Mewtwo--even at level 5--makes for a ridiculously strong starter. I know this from experience; I used the Mew Glitch to catch a level 7 Mewtwo in Yellow, traded it to Gold and then into Crystal and used it as my "starter," and even discounting the traded Pokémon level-up bonus (battling with Mewtwo against same-level or stronger Pokémon), he's ridiculously powerful. Comparing his stats to those of the other Kanto starters, ALL of them are stronger, and adding all three starters' special attack stats together just barely clears Mewtwo's special attack. You're going to have to do something to make sure things won't be lopsided from the very beginning.

And what do you mean by "trouble with your father's employers"? Why would Team Rocket cause trouble with Amber, the girl their boss has chosen to test-run Mewtwo? Has she refused to follow his orders? ("Test Mewtwo at such-and-such location..." "No, I'll go to this town instead ") Has she already started to figure out what's going on before Team Rocket begins causing trouble for her?

Anyway, I really like the ideas you have so far. It'll be interesting to see how it goes trying to make a game entirely without gyms (I'm making a game that won't have a gym/badge quest, so I'm having to come up with some interesting work-arounds...), and I wish you luck with that. I also think the evil Amber clone at the end will be a great idea.

So, from one newb at hacking to another, I hope you can really do this. If you need sprites, I'm going to be making an Amber for my own hack (she'll be a minor character), so I'll be glad to share and to make an evil!Amber as well if you're looking for a spriter.

This one is my hack.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:27 PM
pn0yb0y67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckret2 View Post
pn0yb0y67: I like the concept! You'll need to iron out some details, of course, but it's a great idea.

Some plot points you might want to think about: why is Dr. Fuji sending his daughter out to test-run Mewtwo? (Especially since, as we've seen from the short she was in, he'd do almost anything for his daughter's good. Maybe Giovanni threatened to harm Amber if Fuji doesn't agree?)

Also, starting out with Mewtwo--even at level 5--makes for a ridiculously strong starter. I know this from experience; I used the Mew Glitch to catch a level 7 Mewtwo in Yellow, traded it to Gold and then into Crystal and used it as my "starter," and even discounting the traded Pokémon level-up bonus (battling with Mewtwo against same-level or stronger Pokémon), he's ridiculously powerful. Comparing his stats to those of the other Kanto starters, ALL of them are stronger, and adding all three starters' special attack stats together just barely clears Mewtwo's special attack. You're going to have to do something to make sure things won't be lopsided from the very beginning.

And what do you mean by "trouble with your father's employers"? Why would Team Rocket cause trouble with Amber, the girl their boss has chosen to test-run Mewtwo? Has she refused to follow his orders? ("Test Mewtwo at such-and-such location..." "No, I'll go to this town instead :P") Has she already started to figure out what's going on before Team Rocket begins causing trouble for her?

Anyway, I really like the ideas you have so far. It'll be interesting to see how it goes trying to make a game entirely without gyms (I'm making a game that won't have a gym/badge quest, so I'm having to come up with some interesting work-arounds...), and I wish you luck with that. I also think the evil Amber clone at the end will be a great idea.

So, from one newb at hacking to another, I hope you can really do this. If you need sprites, I'm going to be making an Amber for my own hack (she'll be a minor character), so I'll be glad to share and to make an evil!Amber as well if you're looking for a spriter.
I think a backstory as to why Dr. Fuji allowed for his daughter to go out, would be at first intrigue in that: according to the Origin Story of Mewtwo, Amber and Mewtwo shared the same brainwaves, (testing his hypothesis that they may have some sort of bond). Then adding to that, he gets increased pressure from TR for positive results in creating their "Ultimate Weapon".
I like the idea of having the conflict of wanting his child to be happy with her Pokémon partner, and maintaining his status in TR.
As for the gym and TR problems: there could be a Rocket Executive in each town in lieu of a Gym Battle (the Leader may have stepped out). While the idea of Mewtwo having such high stats is daunting, the Execs could be at a higher level than the local trainers as a bit of a challenge...
If a team would like to take on this story, I'd be willing to lend it =P
Just as long as I'm involved and the story is stuck to as closely as possible =)

Old January 28th, 2009, 02:21 AM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckret2 View Post
I've seen a couple of hacks where you play as a member of Team Rocket, but one I think was canceled and the other still feels a lot like a regular Pokémon game, in that you have get the choice of three starters in a lab-like setting, you must do the gym/Elite 4 plot, you can't steal other trainers' Pokémon, Nurse Joy never calls the police when you heal your team...

So, I want to make a Team Rocket hack, where you're a grunt that acts like a grunt, and not like every other Pokémon protagonist with a new backsprite.

Mainly, I know the features I want to include in the game, if I can ever figure out how to make them work:

-No starter choice.
Spoiler:
Hey, you're just a Grunt and it's your first day on the job, you don't get choices in these things. Here's your level five Rattata; if you want something cool like an Arbok, either catch/steal it yourself or find a more veteran Grunt who'll trade his mighty serpent for your mouse. Good luck. (I don't know if I'd actually be cruel enough to give out a Rattata as a starter. But I might make it random; you have a chance of getting, say, a Rattata, a Sandshrew, and a Zubat--or maybe a Magnemite, a Grimer, or a Voltorb, if a busy Scientist hands you your starter--but you get no say in which it'll be. Something like that.)

-Smaller team sizes.
Spoiler:
In the original games, while you might occasionally run into a Grunt with five or six Pokémon, most have only three, sometimes four. So I think it'd be neat if you could only carry four Pokémon. Make the game a bit more challenging.

-No nonsense about challenging the gyms.
Spoiler:
After all, a Grunt wouldn't care about heading to the Elite Four, unless he's thinking about stealing Lance's team or something. I'd have to come up with a different way to keep the plot moving, of course. Maybe gym battles are replaced with battles against Rocket Admins, to earn promotions--or, you actually could fight at least some of the leaders. I could see a battle with Sabrina. (Too bad Grunts love their poison-types so much, neh?)

-This is an idea I saw proposed for the Team Rocket hack that got scrapped, and I like the sound of if; you can't heal your Pokémon in Pokécenters.
Spoiler:
And my additions to the idea: maybe each city has a house with an undercover Rocket operative inside, and you have to go in each house and, I dunno, use a Key Item (call it Rocket Emblem or something like that) to figure out if it's the right one; you show it to the occupant and see how they react. If it is the right house, then you can speak to the operative whenever you need your Pokémon healed, and if it isn't, then the person inside will see your emblem and "call the police," which probably means that you instantly go into battle with an Officer Jenny when you leave the house. Let's hope your Pokémon aren't desperately in need of a healing when you're trying to find the operative in the new town, eh?

-If all your Pokémon faint, you don't simply white out, lose half your cash, and get instantly healed.
Spoiler:
Maybe if you're battling a wild Pokémon you do (and show up at the nearest identified operative's house), but if you're in battle with a trainer and lose, they're not going to politely accept their winner's cash and wave as you run to the nearest Pokécenter, and Nurse Joy isn't going to kindly heal your Pokémon. You're in friggen Team Rocket, and now they've got you defenseless. I'm not sure what I'll do instead, though. Perhaps the trainer you lose to contacts the police, and you wake up in a jail cell? Then, losing half your cash would still make sense; Giovanni takes your bail money out of your paycheck.

-This is one I'd really like to do: Have the ability to steal a trainer's Pokémon.
Spoiler:
You can still catch wild Pokémon too, and there would have to be limits on it, of course; maybe MOST of the time if you try to throw a Ball at the foe's Pokémon, it'll bounce off just like it would in a normal game. There'd be prerequisites before it could work, like, your Pokémon has to be a higher level than their Pokémon, and they have to be down to their last Pokémon--so if they have three, you have to beat the first two and then you'll have a chance to catch the third. If it's their second one you really want, too bad. And it'd have to be much more difficult than catching a wild Pokémon. Maybe you can only use special Rocket Balls during battle, and any Ball you use in battle with a Trainer would have an eighth the efficiency it would on regular Pokémon, or something like that.

-In addition (if I get that one to work) any Pokémon you steal from another Trainer acts like a traded Pokémon, completely disobedient.
Spoiler:
And without badges, there's no way it'll obey you. Maybe there could be an alternate way to get it to obey, such as getting its Happiness level really low; "breaking its spirit," in a way. Of course, it'd be a constant battle to keep it that low. If you walk around with it for a while, it's Happiness level will raise, so it'll get some self-confidence back. Eighty percent of the bitter medicine lady's customers are probably in Team Rocket.

-If I can manage this, no HM slaves. You'll get Key Items to do that.
Spoiler:
In the Rock Tunnel, you use your official Rocket Flashlight. Isn't that a nice change? However, one of the MAJOR things that made the plot coherent in the official games was the fact that you couldn't just skip around the region willy-nilly; you can't proceed in the games unless you beat the gym leaders and find the proper HMs. So, in this version, you'd still have to fulfill some task before you get your Super Rocket Mallet for those breakable boulders; maybe that'd be the purpose of battling higher-ranked Admins for your promotion, you have to beat them to get your device. (Frankly, half the reason I want to do this is as an excuse to replace the boring kid-sitting-on-an-unidentified-water-Pokémon sprite with a much more exciting Rocket-Grunt-poking-out-of-a-Magikarp-submarine sprite.)

Those are all the mind-breakingly hard coding ideas, though. On a more tame level, if I ever got this thing to work, I'd probably try to set it in Kanto and Johto, a slight alternate universe of the R/B/Y and G/S/C plots. If that's too ambitious, though (I know other people have tried and failed many times to combine different regions) I'll probably stick to a R/B/Y alternate universe. But, ignorant though I am about all that goes into hacking, I don't think doing Kanto and Johto together would be terribly hard. It's not like I'm trying to put two complete leagues in one game, with sixteen gyms and two Elite Fours; it's just a larger environment. And I wouldn't have to get too fancy with the mapping since it's already been done once. (I'd REALLY like to hack one of the R/S/E/FR/LG games to make this, just for the snazzy graphics, but for simplicity's sake I may just do a G/S/C hack. Makes the mapping much simpler, at least.)

Plotwise, I hope to hit most of the major events of the original games in some way; the Marowak business--maybe your Grunt can be the one to kill it--taking over Silph, etc. In Saffron I'd like to do something with Sabrina, since it's always struck me as odd that she, with all her powers, was content to sit in her gym with Rockets all over her city a Grunt out front blocking people from coming inside. Maybe Team Rocket (read as: your Grunt) had to beat her and she was kept captive in her own gym. And there would be the events in Johto, too. I'm thinking of explaining the time skip of three years by having the Grunt stuck in jail after the first fall of Team Rocket, before getting sprung by the group trying to reorganize things. And, like I said, it'd have to be a bit of an alternate universe; we can't have the story of your Grunt being controlled by the behavior of the protagonists from the original R/B/Y/G/S/C games running around and messing things up. You'd be climbing the ranks of Team Rocket, and maybe the game ends with the admins accepting Giovanni isn't coming back--but recognizing you as the new boss.

In addition to the original game events, it'd be neat to do something with Mewtwo (using his game canon Cinnabar Island backstory, not the movie canon). One of the sub-quests could be to go to his cave and try to re-capture him. Since this'd be in Kanto and there'd still be Johto to go through, he'd be leveled down, and probably set to be defeatable but impossible to catch, like the ghost Marowak. So you beat him, he flies off, and then you have a real opportunity to catch him later in the game. (That wouldn't be hard to code; instead of making him an Only One Pokémon like traditional legendaries, there'd just be two different Mewtwo in the game but have the characters talk about them like there's one. Internal continuity is kept, huzzah.)

I've got several ideas for a rival, or rivals. One (the main one?) could be your partner, but you usually split up to work on your missions independently and when you meet again he'll want to test out the prize from his latest steal. (And in a typical instance of the-game-just-hates-you, his "stolen" Pokémon don't treat him like a traded trainer.) Another could be a rookie police officer (maybe a Jenny) who you keep running into and who keeps trying to take you down and bring you in. I also might borrow from Team Rocket in the animé and have the Grunt encounter this same kid several times (who just happens to be the protagonist of the original games; I'd probably just call him Red). All the rivals' Pokémon would be set to uncatchable, most likely. What's the fun of running into Red four times if you stole his Pikachu the first time you met?

So, that's about... sixty-five percent of the ideas I've got for stuff that could go into the game. Now is the point where I confess that I've never so much as attempted hacking a game, but I'm so hyped over this idea that I'd be glad to learn whatever it takes. I'm certainly not going "plz help me, how do I do this?" However, if anyone would be kind enough to link me so some sort of Hacking For Dummies tutorial, I'd be very grateful, because I've glanced over the tutorial section and it looks like even the basics are beyond me, since they at least assume you've got a program to work with. And if, by chance, any of these tutorials were Mac-friendly, I'd be even more grateful. (Yes, yes, I'm attempting this on a Mac.) If not, I'll find a work around.

Anyway, thanks, lemme know what you think about this pipe dream of mine, and any thoughts in regard to any aspect of it would be very much appreciated.
I love the idea, and have had some ideas of my own.

Starters

You go in to Giovanni's office in rocket HQ and he welcomes you and say's getva pokemon from some one. Then you have to go round the base and talk to, grunts, scientists and admins to get your pokemon. Weak pokemon are free but stronger one's cost money or you have to compleate a task for.

Undercover Rocket operatives

Great idea, they could heal pokemon, store pokemon and get transport (fly).
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:15 AM
machomuu
Community Supporter

I hate to say it, but the team sizes and stealing pokemon (in battle) are impossible to do in a hack, but this is a good idea, good luck :D!
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
balkj06
Pokemon Kanto

I hate to say it, but the team sizes and stealing pokemon (in battle) are impossible to do in a hack, but this is a good idea, good luck :D!
yes Team Size is, But it is possibly to ctach other trainers Pokemon
I have done it and everybody's else having cheating, using Gameshark
I forgot the code but you could tell the player to put in the code to setal
other trainers pokemon, but to put it in the game without Gameshark is possibly bit very hard

Bugs
these would possibly be bugs
you can steal anyone's pokemon even your rival's!
you can steal your rival's pokemon but he\she can't steal your's

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:34 PM
ckret2

Quote:
Actually, I've come up with a kind of... modified way to do both of these: a way to artificially reduce team sizes and to "steal" Pokémon outside of battle. This way:

Quote:
Stealing Pokémon and smaller team sizes. These two tie into each other. Sometimes, after a battle, the poor loser you beat will be forced to give you his or her Pokémon. Unfortunately, if you don't have an open space in your party, you can't accept the Pokémon, and you'll never have another opportunity to accept it. So, you can have a full team of six, but if you want to do your job as a Rocket, you'd better keep your team size small.
Since I posted my first ideas, I've realized that literally doing it the way stated in my initial idea wouldn't work very well. And in any case, where would Rockets get Pokéballs that can actually catch other trainers' Pokémon, if even Master Balls can't do that? So, it makes more sense to do it this way, by having them beat a trainer and then "steal" the Pokémon.

I've actually got a scrapbox thread for the hack now. Temporarily titled Pokémon Toxic Purple, after the even-more-temporary title Pokémon Violet (which has apparently been taken): Pokémon Toxic Purple

This one is my hack.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:54 AM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haraken View Post
Got simple ideas to jot down here for a storyline? This thread is for it.

Generally, if you have a single line story that could probably be expanded upon, try here. For any other help with a suitable storyline, you may also work on it here.

Ok here is my storyline

Pokemon Chronicles of Time
(need help with a name for the region). Everything is peaceful and problem free. Pokemon and humans live together in harmony, neither trying to dominate the other. The ruler of (whatever the name will be) has recently passed away with no heir to the throne. One man (need a name) forces his way into power and that's where everything changes. He believes that pokemon are inferior to man and they should be servants. he attempts to conquer the pokemon but fails. He manages to escape with a few pokemon but no one knows what types or where he is. Twenty years pass.
Everything has stayed in balance since you were born( five years after the incident). you are enjoying a regular day at the beach. You return home but as you approach the village you see it in a blaze. You check for survivors but are interrupted by a voice. It declares " This land is rightfully mine." Then an enormous shadow goes overhead and heads for the ocean. You go back to searching and find the pokemon proffesor in some pain. He gives you a pokeball ( with a starter I have not determined) and tells you "He has returned. Stop him before dying.
So you must learn the truth of what has happened, find this person and what they plan to do, and stop it. This is Pokemon Chronicles of Time.

Features:
New region
Some new pokemon
New maps, characters,
New Plot

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:08 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
Pokemon digital Green

I remember seeing a post here by some dude saying an all digimon no pokemon hack so i wanted to do that to so i'm gonna make it i need people to help i have this story about it
you're a boy/girl that is in front of your computer and a black out will occur the computer will have portal next to it then you must go in there you will see an old man named genai he will give you digimon choices an agumon a gabumon or a Gomamon
then the gyms a replaced by the 8 digimon families like virus busters and you must get their digimemory(badge) then when you beat all of them you must go to the tamer union(E4)then when you win a portal will open you must go in there it will bring you to a city in the real world where tamers and digimons are the pokedex is replaced by a digivice instead eggs are digitamas it's gonna be a hack of pokemon fire red
the legendary pokemons are replaced by sovereign digimons and demon lords the champion is called tamer king your rival is another tamer with demon digimons and your rival team is the bad tamers ther will be a city that has portal go in there it will hold few pokemon real pokemons not digimons ok but few of them belongs to a trainer beat him you can catch pokemons the pokemons are legendaries only except the ones in the storyline.

I begun with the a few cities and routes i haven't changed the pokemons to digimons yet.........hope some of you are digimons and pokemon fans like me so you can help me......

Last edited by Nearsighted king of Ice; February 22nd, 2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:21 AM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu_X View Post
Pokemon digital Green

I remember seeing a post here by some dude saying an all digimon no pokemon hack so i wanted to do that to so i'm gonna make it i need people to help i have this story about it
you're a boy/girl that is in front of your computer and a black out will occur the computer will have portal next to it then you must go in there you will see an old man named genai he will give you digimon choices an agumon a gabumon or a Gomamon
then the gyms a replaced by the 8 digimon families like virus busters and you must get their digimemory(badge) then when you beat all of them you must go to the tamer union(E4)then when you win a portal will open you must go in there it will bring you to a city in the real world where tamers and digimons are the pokedex is replaced by a digivice instead eggs are digitamas it's gonna be a hack of pokemon fire red
the legendary pokemons are replaced by sovereign digimons and demon lords the champion is called tamer king your rival is another tamer with demon digimons and your rival team is the bad tamers ther will be a city that has portal go in there it will hold few pokemon real pokemons not digimons ok but few of them belongs to a trainer beat him you can catch pokemons the pokemons are legendaries only except the ones in the storyline.

I begun with the a few cities and routes i haven't changed the pokemons to digimons yet.........hope some of you are digimons and pokemon fans like me so you can help me......
Tamer Union? Doesn't that imply that this is a Pokemon World game?
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:36 AM
balkj06
Pokemon Kanto

you a boy\girl of about 10, you wake up in your room one day.
and go downstaris, there you find nobody is there so you sit down and watch TV.

Breaking news Team Rocket as stolen something yet agian!, this time it was a gold and sliver ball, from Proffessor Elm in Jhoto, New Bark Town has this to say.......

the power then goes off! you here cry's of pokemon, then yon black-out and wake up on an island.

you look around, and see an big buliding, with a big red R on it.
then you see a someone, running towards you wearing, black with a red R in his top
he graps you and said's

Rocket: give me all your pokemon, WHAT! you don't have any, what kind of trainer are you!

a yet plane then land's close to where you are, a figure wearing black come out he looked like a higher rank then the Rocket, he also had a red R on his top

if boy
???put that boy down! now he isn't a trainer or a local,
Rocket:but John!
???:you call me sir or commander at all times! Understood!
???:Understood!
Rocket:understood.
???:good now give this boy your rattata
Rocket:my rattata!
???:yes! your rattata, unless you want you head not! connected to your body!

if girl
???:hey! what, do you think your doing!
Rocket:I'm stealing her pokemon sir,
???:she isn't a tariner or a local!, leave her be
Rocket:But John!
???:good now give this girl your rattata
???:yes! your rattata, unless you want to a new meaning of pain!

you get given the rattata, the Rocket then, walk's off John hope's in the plane and fly's off, you wonder what's happening, and go off toward's the big building with the big red R!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:27 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by balkj06 View Post
you a boy\girl of about 10, you wake up in your room one day.
and go downstaris, there you find nobody is there so you sit down and watch TV.

Breaking news Team Rocket as stolen something yet agian!, this time it was a gold and sliver ball, from Proffessor Elm in Jhoto, New Bark Town has this to say.......

the power then goes off! you here cry's of pokemon, then yon black-out and wake up on an island.

you look around, and see an big buliding, with a big red R on it.
then you see a someone, running towards you wearing, black with a red R in his top
he graps you and said's

Rocket: give me all your pokemon, WHAT! you don't have any, what kind of trainer are you!

a yet plane then land's close to where you are, a figure wearing black come out he looked like a higher rank then the Rocket, he also had a red R on his top

if boy
???put that boy down! now he isn't a trainer or a local,
Rocket:but John!
???:good now give this boy your rattata
???:yes! your rattata, unless you want you head not! connected to your body!

if girl
???:hey! what, do you think your doing!
Rocket:I'm stealing her pokemon sir,
???:she isn't a tariner or a local!, leave her be
Rocket:But John!
???:good now give this girl your rattata
???:yes! your rattata, unless you want to a new meaning of pain!

you get given the rattata, the Rocket then, walk's off John hope's in the plane and fly's off, you wonder what's happening, and go off toward's the big building with the big red R!
Too much dialouge, you should just sum it up in a few sentences
Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
johnathondrag
Beginning Trainer

You start like normal except when you go to pick your pokemom Team Indigo rushes in and steals the 3 starters and then ask if you want to join Team Indigo you will default say no and then the Team Indigo Admin gets a call from ??? and Team Indigo rushes out.Proffessor give you the option of a pikachu or a eevee and you rival the same options. You and your rival decide to search around the region of Rozak in search of Team Indigo. You learn that Team Indigo and Team Galaxy have merged and plan to take over the world. You have the option of joining Team Indigo or staying with The Pokemon Enforcers and whatever you do your rival does the opposite. You will become the leader of either team and your rival will become the leader of the other team, but it is much smaller than that during a battle between you and your rival a Celebi flies in and teleports you and your rival back in time in seperate places to try to stop the things that have divided once good friends.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Sophidius
Need a storyline? PM me!

Nature: Quiet
I've got an idea for a game that sets in the Golitt region. I've already planned everything out, including new sprites and even a new town map.

Story:
A long time ago in the Golitt region a meteor struck, blowing nearly all life from the land. However, this meteorite brought also new life and is known as the source of all evolution. It's because of that very rock, that evolution takes place. The pieces of the rock are known as Aururite, but it's very rare. It's said that Aururite can summon the guardian of the evolution and even control it, but it's merely a myth and no one has ever seen this guardian. However, some say they have seen him. It's said that once in every thousand years the guardian shows up, but no one knows where it resides in the meantime.

In the game you play the role of a person who finds out about the plans of Team Terra to find the guardian Aurumantix. Team Terra is a sinister organization, originally a bunch of engineers. Their headquarters is situated in Midgoal City and their plan is to steal Pokemon and to extract their energy to drive their machine. They have created a giant drill to dig to the core of the world, because they believe the earthquake will summon the guardian. After you've gone to Haillight City you find out about their plan and rush to Mt. Golitt to stop them. However, when you get to the bottom of the cave you'll find out it's a trap, because they've already been expecting you. Team Terra was already aware of you and rebuilt the drill on top of the mountain. With you at the bottom they start to drill and eventually a lot of rocks fall down to block your path. Now you have to take an alternative route to get all the way to the top of the mountain and luckily there's a mysterious healing spot halfway up. When you've finally reached the summit you witness a giant drill and the Team Terra Boss Bryon and Captains Luna and Sol. After you beat them you can go turn off the machine and save the world. After that prof. Oak comes in and blah, blah, blah, blah and he gives you the key for the PokeLeague Gate. There you'll have to beat the Elite Four and your rival and then Oak'll give you the Sense Pass. With this Pass you can go to the Sense Isles where Team Terra had already set out a plan B. Take the Aururite and go to the Sprite Obelisk to awaken Aurumantix. Of course, Oak chooses you to prevent this from happening and after you've finally succeeded, Oak will reward you with a National Pokedex and allows you to use the Aururite to summon and catch Aurumantix (which has level 80!).
  • Golitt-Dex: The bold ones are new Pokemon
  1. Tuleaf (leaf starter)
  2. Tugro
  3. Tucking
  4. Fiell (fire starter)
  5. Shroc
  6. Macannon
  7. Minshar (water starter)
  8. Sharlan
  9. Sharmax
  10. Magitt
  11. Squitox
  12. Toxuito
  13. Conchic
  14. Concordia
  15. Concordive
  16. Abra
  17. Kadabra
  18. Alakazam
  19. Remoraid
  20. Octillery
  21. Ayeek
  22. Ayouch
  23. Mankey
  24. Primeape
  25. Sentret
  26. Furret
  27. Aipom
  28. Surskit
  29. Masquerain
  30. Misdreavus
  31. Unown
  32. Cercanis
  33. Cerbrute
  34. Oddish
  35. Gloom
  36. Vileplume
  37. Bellossom
  38. Mulchore
  39. Mulchew
  40. Rosemulch
  41. Taurini (new pro-evolution of Tauros)
  42. Tauros
  43. Antree
  44. Squirdrit
  45. Weedle
  46. Kakuna
  47. Beedrill
  48. Wurmple
  49. Cascoon
  50. Dustox
  51. Beautifly
  52. Jungling
  53. Hogrilla
  54. Grope
  55. Climease
  56. Lumburn
  57. Firent
  58. Flaroak
  59. Magikarp
  60. Gyarados
  61. Mosey
  62. Modolescent
  63. Mosooze
  64. Travlax
  65. Acerock
  66. Rocaero
  67. Ampline
  68. Amphysic
  69. Amperor
  70. Ditto
  71. Swablu
  72. Altaria
  73. Slugma
  74. Magcargo
  75. Skarmory
  76. Anomarsh
  77. Scorpevol
  78. Brontoven
  79. Arthroxic (Scorpevol evolves into either Brontoven or Arthroxic)
  80. Smeargle
  81. Apainter (new evolution of Smeargle)
  82. Bowleye
  83. Aquocul
  84. Absol
  85. Palmia (new pro-evolution of Tropius)
  86. Tropius
  87. Frice
  88. Temprice
  89. Tempolar
  90. Gastly
  91. Haunter
  92. Gengar
  93. Voltorb
  94. Electrode
  95. Porygon
  96. Porygon-2
  97. Porygrade (new evolution of Porygon-2)
  98. Datot
  99. Systerror
  100. Zaisen
  101. Tremron
  102. Tremorace
  103. Tremorask
  104. Onix
  105. Steelix
  106. Diglett
  107. Dugtrio
  108. Drowzee
  109. Hypno
  110. Menterror (new evolution of Hypno)
  111. Dryke
  112. Drabyte
  113. Vyragon
  114. Bladeltihe (new pro-evolution of Scyther)
  115. Scyther
  116. Scizor
  117. Samurice
  118. Blackmelt
  119. Psyduck
  120. Golduck
  121. Spargas
  122. Shocksprit
  123. Thundrowse
  124. Lapras
  125. Sewish
  126. Junkfish
  127. Farfetch'd
  128. Goldeen
  129. Seaking
  130. Poliwag
  131. Poliwhirl
  132. Poliwrath
  133. Politoed
  134. Gearon
  135. Trigear
  136. Gyroar
  137. Smoochum
  138. Jynx
  139. Chansey
  140. Blissey
  141. Dratini
  142. Dragonair
  143. Dragonite
  144. Rubaron
  145. Azaron
  146. Goluas
  147. Dathyda
  148. Triderridon
  149. Gyanos
  150. Oryanos
  151. Terrathorn
  152. Unicron
  153. Basileon
  154. Aurumantix (This is the one Pokemon it's all about. It's actually an evolved version of Onix)
Now the towns and other places worth mentioning (in order of passing):
  • Startown (your starting town, obviously)
  • Hitchhike City
  • Pome Forest
  • Cinnamon City (Gym #01 : Fire)
  • Mt. Golitt
  • Turkoo City (Gym #02: Grass/Poison)
  • Southsea City (Gym #03: Water/Ice)
  • S.S. Mariah
  • Spearbow City (Gym #04: Flying)
  • Underroad Tunnel
  • Midgoal City (Gym #05: Steel)
  • Waterpass Bridge
  • Sidestraw Town (Gym #06: Dark)
  • Sea Routes
  • Haillight Cove
  • Haillight City (Gym #07: Dragon)
  • Hitchhike City (Gym #08: Electric) After this you have to get all the way up in Mt. Golitt to save the world from Team Terra.)
  • Victory Road
  • Golend City (Pokemon Leaugue)
  • Sense Isles (Taste, Smell, Hearing, Sight, Touch and Midsense Island. Here you can catch Goluas, Triderridon, Oryanos, Gyanos, Dathyda and Terrathorn.)
  • Mt. Golitt (When you've found Aururite on the Sense Isles you can go to the Sprite Obelisk to release and catch Aurumantix.)
Note: It's a hack of FireRed, so the intro with OAK's picture stay the same. I've got no idea how to change that, except for the Pokemon that comes out of the PokéBall. Also, I have not a clue of how to change the names of the Pokemon. If anyone does, please PM me

Last edited by Sophidius; March 10th, 2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
Hmm.... How about a hack of FireRed/Leafgreen that follows the manga? Not 100% But you choose to either play as Red (Starts with Bulbasaur) Green (Charmander) or Blue (Squirtle) then you travel to complete the Pokedex and beat the Gyms. However, you learn of Team Rockets plan to capture and clone Mew. You stop them just outside Vermillion city. Continuing with your Gym campaign, you find Lt. Surge is a TR admin. Beat him and he flees. After fighting Erika, you learn that 5 of the Gym leaders are with TR, and that they are conducting experiments on Pokemon. If you're Red, she gives you an Eevee (If possible, with the abilty to switch between the 1st Gen Eeveelutions using special stones unless evolved to a different -Eon.

Eventually, all 3 characters meet at Saffron and have to find a way to beat TR at the silph. co building. Red has to fight Surge, Green fights Koga, and Blue fights Sabrina. When they are beaten, they retreat and use the gym badges with a device to amplify their power (You know how in the games the leaders say they raise a stat?) and fuse the legendary bird trio! Beat it and Silph collapses.

You decide to go to Cerulean after hearing of a rare Pokemon terrorising the place: the newly cloned Mewtwo fighting Blaine (the reformed TR gym leader) Beat MT you then go to a grand tournament which decides the Champion of Kanto...

Very rough, unoriginal idea which is probably hard to do, but could possibly have a series...

Anyways, your thoughts?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:46 PM
TrackerXNinjaX
Traveling Artist

hmmm.......could be good.......very interesting.........how about, you have fight the other trainers ( red and blue if you are green) because they try to stop you before you fight the other gym leaders. When you beat the imposters the real red and blue come in and ask you to find pokemon. They heal your pokemon and you beat koga, surge, and sabrina. They leave and give you the badges, saying that their pokemon were taken hostage by the leader, who turns out to be the current pokemon league champion. You beat him and then bam! you beat the game or something else happens.

Anyway, here's my idea-

NAME-Pokemon Gravity

LEGENDARY-Atmero ( a pokemon that resides in the center of the earth and can utilize both psychic, earth, flying, and ghost techniques. He is flying/psychic. His ability is called centerforce. Centerforce slows the opponents speed and reduces special attack.
He emerges whenever it wants through volcanoes and fissures. He has been sighted so few times that people dont beleive he exists, except for the people who saw him.)

LOCATION-unamed region to the north of jhoto. Lots of mountains, valleys, and caves.
There will be trips underwater. I really hope that a script to have people follow you will be found! Would be cool to have mabye brock with you.

PLOT IDEAS-
#1- Recently, in underground caves, miners have found rooms with carvings in the wall depicting an ancient pokemon with a large, many-layered circle around him and large ancient math equations that are too complicated for scientists and mathematicians to understand. Team Galactic has linked the pictures with Atmero, and are racing to find it. Why? To force mankind off the earth by making it uninhabitable. They think that if they can control gravity, people will be more "supportive"(dont want to die!) and they will recieve world-wide support. A spy in Team Galactic has leaked the information to the major scientists in the world. Professor Elm reccomended you for the job, as you are his neice/nephew and live the closest to the most likely enterance to the caverns below. Now, a race to the center of the earth begins!

ADD-ONS- #1 GEO-map (town map marking the best routes and caves in the region)

#2- starters are lightning, earth, and flying.

#3- all new pokemon with jhoto pokemon. No Kanto pokemon because of a mountain ridge that prevents the migration into jhoto. Mabye 100-150 new. (I have a few freinds that would be willing to help. The pokemon wont suck or look weird.)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here