The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old Posted February 19th, 2009 (07:05 PM). Edited April 15th, 2010 by Spherical Ice.
poddish
Spirit Of Radio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
Before anything else, the bytes are in the attachment.(although you should still read the rest of this post...) I did that so you don't have to open up pokecommunity every time you want to see the bytes.

Ok, for those of you that don't know, if you open up the block editor on fire red (usa, I'm not sure about the other languages or leaf green) the bytes are sometimes wrong. I decided to make something that will have what some of the bytes really do. *note* These are only bytes that are used in-game, and if the block has two behavior bytes or background bytes (ie 13 06 as in the behavior bytes for the waterfall tiles have 00 02 as it's background bytes) because a-map only has a drop down menu for the 1st behavior byte and the second background byte.

remember, because of a problem with expanding the # of blocks, I found out that if you put FF in ALL the bytes, the block will be a black square like the "blank" blocks do, no matter what tiles you use. If you change the bytes back to what you want them to be, everything with that block should be fine.

This is my first thread for helping other hackers, and I got the idea when I posted about how a-map's block editor bytes are sometimes wrong, and Lu-Ho asked for the bytes. I only recently got around to doing it though...

update: I just uploaded the exact same thing in txt form, right after I did this on a post in pokebase development thread so more people can use this info.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Advance map.doc‎ (54.5 KB, 355 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: txt a map behavior bytes.txt‎ (4.5 KB, 319 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old Posted February 21st, 2009 (08:13 AM).
LU-HO
Author of AdvanceMap

Send a message via ICQ to LU-HO
Hi

there are some Behavior information in JPAN's thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165900

i don't know if you have them in your List already.

I hope i have the permission to add your work to the AdvanceMap inis (for next release)?

are they only for FireRed?
or also for Leafgreen?
and what is with ruby/sappier/emerald?

greetz LU-HO

It's finally here, AdvanceMap 1.95 (Open Beta).
get it: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta
Questions about AdvanceMap, found bugs, problems on using it? => contact me.

All versiones of Advance Map are available on ampage.no-ip.info.
The newest version of AdvanceMap is AM 1.95 get it.

Greetz goes to:
Mastermind_X, Tutti, Scizz, Darkmaster01, Tauwasser, F-Zero, Jiggly, Filb, Lugia2000, Mulle, Philb, Jay, TraX, Spacy, Mikaron, Coolman, CrazyNebulak, Arty und Serwe.

Old Posted March 14th, 2009 (12:59 AM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
JPAN, you may want to change this document to a .txt file, not everyone has the ability to open them...
Since it requires a program, such as Open Office, or Microsoft Word (For Windows, which most people seem to use...)
Other than that, this info IS more accurate than A-Map's current database. You have been really cool here on PC, being a pretty active member, keep up the great information!
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old Posted June 15th, 2009 (10:11 AM).
VvInstinctvV
Beginning Trainer

Is there a background byte that will encounter wild pokemon with the tree offset
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links