The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Questions & Feedback

Notices

Community Questions & Feedback Your one-stop shop for all things related to PokéCommunity. Tell the community leaders they suck how wonderful they're doing, ask for help with a certain feature or where to post something... that kind of thing.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Sylphiel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBoy914 View Post
I just got a infraction for spelling god d-word the right way, it should probably be ****ed out like the other swear words ... just saying
Except that such a word wouldn't be asterisked out as it's not on our filter, and doesn't count as a swear word here.

I'm fairly certain you got infracted for the other word you used in that post that did get censored out - words like that are what will cause you to get such an infraction.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Marksman
Trainer

Location: In front of a Computer with a Chikorita on my shoulder, The UK!!!
Nature: Lonely
I'll probably get tagged and bagged for being off-Topic, but this Thread had over 1 Month absence before someone else Posted (23rd February - 11th June). Shouldn't it be locked like other Threads? Or did I miss something in the Forum Description?

The Following part has been Customised by me:

Can you raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
92% of tenes hvae moevd on to rap.
If you are prat of the 8% who stlil lteisn to rael msiuc, cpoy and pstae tihs itno yuor siangurte.
98% of the pupaltioon has a Msycape.
If yur'oe prat of the 2% taht deons't or prat of the 98% werhe soneome esle mdae one for you woiuhtt yuor pmesrsioin, cpoy and ptase tihs itno yuor singurate.
Satretd by Blkzaien Lvoer. Csumsiteod by me.
75% of Péookmn graems use chates and slcaepily mdae ceods to mkae tiher Pkmoéon btalte-whorty. If you are one of the 25% taht lveel tehir Pméookn up llagely, put tihs in yuor snirtauge.
If you can raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

PC Family: Partner in Insanity: Lyulf!

Old November 5th, 2008, 04:01 AM
BeachBoy
破壊のシール

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
I'll probably get tagged and bagged for being off-Topic, but this Thread had over 1 Month absence before someone else Posted (23rd February - 11th June). Shouldn't it be locked like other Threads? Or did I miss something in the Forum Description?

:t152:
Nope, stickies don't apply to the revival rule. ^^;
Old December 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM
RanzAlton
Pokemon Champion

Location: Cebu City, Philippines, Not all People here know Competitve Pokemon..
Send a message via Yahoo to RanzAlton
What the heck... Troublesome members would have a hard time here..

Reputations deal anyone?
Old December 6th, 2008, 03:12 AM
processr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanzAlton View Post
What the heck... Troublesome members would have a hard time here..
All the better to see you with keep the community trouble-free, really.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
~Zero~
Pokemon Roleplayer

Nature: Gentle
I have a quick question. I got a light blueish mark on my user CP, but no points or reason why I have it, its just there. what does it mean?
Old January 3rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Owl
i won't burn out i'll just burn up

A light blue-ish mark? O.o Nothing involving infractions are blue. XD; (And I just checked and you don't have any.)

Care to take a screenshot and PM it to me?

taking chances
word tap dancing with wolves
in an ice arena out there deep in the woods
of Arizona, the sun be high, life's ironic
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
~Zero~
Pokemon Roleplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
A light blue-ish mark? O.o Nothing involving infractions are blue. XD; (And I just checked and you don't have any.)

Care to take a screenshot and PM it to me?
Sure. It might be a positive reputation thing. I dunno.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:58 PM
Rellyms
Sigh

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Rellyms Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rellyms
Quote:
Originally Posted by May-is-cute View Post
Sure. It might be a positive reputation thing. I dunno.
I'm pretty sure those are green. Or black even red
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM
dialga2103
Beginning Trainer

i had an infraction that said i was banned, but i could still make posts, well if i could still make posts and everything then what does banning do exactly?

i cant think of anything to use as my signatur : (
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Working Class Hero
Donator Tier 5

Send a message via AIM to Working Class Hero
The moderator was just joking with you. When someone is banned, they cant even see the forum. They see a message saying they are banned and why. And until it is lifted, you can't get into the forum. You are kicked out, banned.

lolmence
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Cassino
Møderator

Character limit breakage says up to five times. Because I feel I will end up doing that five times in the years to come (indeed, the honest reason behind the post), I ask: what happens after five times?

Last edited by Cassino; February 20th, 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Marksman
Trainer

Location: In front of a Computer with a Chikorita on my shoulder, The UK!!!
Nature: Lonely
My Guess would be a Full-On Heavy Infraction (Mind you my Guesses are right about 14% of the Time).

The Following part has been Customised by me:

Can you raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
92% of tenes hvae moevd on to rap.
If you are prat of the 8% who stlil lteisn to rael msiuc, cpoy and pstae tihs itno yuor siangurte.
98% of the pupaltioon has a Msycape.
If yur'oe prat of the 2% taht deons't or prat of the 98% werhe soneome esle mdae one for you woiuhtt yuor pmesrsioin, cpoy and ptase tihs itno yuor singurate.
Satretd by Blkzaien Lvoer. Csumsiteod by me.
75% of Péookmn graems use chates and slcaepily mdae ceods to mkae tiher Pkmoéon btalte-whorty. If you are one of the 25% taht lveel tehir Pméookn up llagely, put tihs in yuor snirtauge.
If you can raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

PC Family: Partner in Insanity: Lyulf!

Old February 24th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Character limit breakage says up to five times. Because I feel I will end up doing that five times in the years to come (indeed, the honest reason behind the post), I ask: what happens after five times?
2 points infraction, two weeks, as the rules say.

Good guess XD

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Atleti / Liverpool 2014
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:05 PM
Cassino
Møderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
2 points infraction, two weeks, as the rules say.
Quite a trail of confusion I have been led upon.
I've found my answer none the less.
Old March 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Dakota
she's singing to me

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
A few questions. If a member is banned, then why do they appear in the members list, and two, if you are banned, can you see the forum as a guest? xD
Old March 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex-fire View Post
A few questions. If a member is banned, then why do they appear in the members list, and two, if you are banned, can you see the forum as a guest? xD
If you're banned and you log into your account; your technically online and therefore your on the Currently Active Users list. I'm pretty sure banned members don't appear on the Members List.

And yes, you can, assuming you delete your cookies, I think. However, that doesn't work if you're IP banned. Then all you can see is a message telling you that you've been IP banned.
Old March 17th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Zebra Thunderhead
the avenger

Nature: Bold
Banned members do not show up on the Members List.

❛i don't know where you're going
or when you're coming home.❜

Old May 11th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Rubber Ducky
Trainer

Nature: Calm
Why should I get an infraction for writing "25charrule" at the end of my post? 25 is too high of a limit. Sometimes there's just nothing to say.
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
Why should I get an infraction for writing "25charrule" at the end of my post? 25 is too high of a limit. Sometimes there's just nothing to say.
I bet you by the end of this sentence, I'll have 25 characters.

^ Oh my, would you look at that? That's 63 characters right there. If I can type 63 characters in one sentence, I'm quite positive anybody else can reach 25 characters. Thousands of members manage to do it regardless. So clearly it isn't as difficult as you're making it out to be, regardless of what's left to say.

With that said, 25 characters is not hard to reach at all. Besides, if you don't have anything important to say, don't say it at all. A good thing to do is to use your brain when posting. Not just posting for the hell of it, just to up your post count or something.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Rubber Ducky
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
I bet you by the end of this sentence, I'll have 25 characters.

^ Oh my, would you look at that? That's 63 characters right there. If I can type 63 characters in one sentence, I'm quite positive anybody else can reach 25 characters. Thousands of members manage to do it regardless. So clearly it isn't as difficult as you're making it out to be, regardless of what's left to say.

With that said, 25 characters is not hard to reach at all. Besides, if you don't have anything important to say, don't say it at all. A good thing to do is to use your brain when posting. Not just posting for the hell of it, just to up your post count or something.
Clearly it depends on the topic. If the topic is "What do you think of [Pokemon]?", then I want to be able to say "He looks dumb." and leave it at that. Adding meanlingless drivel like "this is just my opinion" or "that's just me" is pointless, and I think it makes me look stupid.

Also, if I was REALLY concerned about my post count, I would have more than 50 posts in 4 months.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Sublime
Blimey!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sublime Send a message via Skype™ to Sublime
Quote:
Clearly it depends on the topic. If the topic is "What do you think of [Pokemon]?", then I want to be able to say "He looks dumb." and leave it at that. Adding meanlingless drivel like "this is just my opinion" or "that's just me" is pointless, and I think it makes me look stupid.

Also, if I was REALLY concerned about my post count, I would have more than 50 posts in 4 months.
That's why you add things to back up your opinion.
"He looks dumb," would of course break the rules. Back it up a bit.
Say something like, "This Pokemon looks pretty unappealing in my opinion. The design is uncreative and the colours aren't really eye pleasing."
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

Quote:

What a poor excuse...

Clearly it does not depend on the topic. The only topics that are dependable on this are topics located in Other Trivia, and even those refrain from allowing members post any less than 25 characters. And honestly, if you're having a difficult time reaching 25 characters, you aren't putting enough thought in the post. You can't just say what you want to say without any reasoning behind it and the example of a topic you provided is what you're trying to talk about, your response saying that "He looks dumb." isn't even worth to reply. First of all, who looks dumb? Why does he look dumb?

You think saying "this is just my opinion" or "that's just me" is makes you look stupid, but posting without reasoning doesn't? I don't know what forum you came from in regards to that, but stating your opinion on a question and not having anything to back that opinion up would make a lot of the older, more mature members, look down on you. Whether or not you're concerned about that isn't my interest, but if you don't want to look dumb, refrain from just stating your opinion.

I think I would know a lot about this seeing as how I am a moderator of an opinion-based forum. I don't really allow people to just state their opinion on something without an explanation unless it's a discussion thread or a chat thread of some form or another and members who frequent Other Entertainment can tell you that.

A while ago, I posted a thread about acceptability in posts at Other Entertainment that can apply to just about any forum where opinions are generated in some form or another, which is all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
Just follow the following checklist [...].

1. Does my post relate to the topic at hand?
  2. Does my post state a general opinion of said topic?
  3. Do I provide reasoning for my opinion?
  4. Overall, does this post reflect my intelligence in a positive manner?

I assure you, if you follow that simple list of questions and answer them honestly, your time at Other Entertainment and every other opinion-based forum would go by smoothly. A simple example of this would be the following post on the topic of "My favorite clothing store". The post is short, simple and to the point, which is all you really need to state in opinion-based threads. (Discussion threads are a different story, since Other Entertainment has those types of threads as well)

(1) My favorite clothing store (2) is Hollister Co. (3) I find their clothes comfortable and reasonably priced for a name brand clothing company. Along with their clothes, they offer fragrances that really freshen up someone.

1. "My favorite clothing store" provides insight of the topic at hand.
  2. "is Hollister Co." states your opinion on said topic.
  3. "I find their clothes comfortable and reasonably priced for a name brand clothing company. Along with their clothes, they offer fragrances that really freshen up someone." provides reasoning of your opinion.
  4. When all is said and done, you provide yourself a chance to ask yourself if this post reflects your intelligence in a positive manner.

With that being said, you can still reach 25 characters, state your opinion, and do it in a way not mentioning the fact that it's your opinion or it's how you feel about whatever the discussion about.

Honestly? Why make excuses for yourself.. I mean, seriously. There's really no reason why you should feel that 25 characters is such a difficult limit to reach.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; May 14th, 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Remember kids, we're a forum, not a chatroom.

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Godot17
The Skeptical Scepter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER View Post
Remember kids, we're a forum, not a chatroom.
Holy mother of quotes! :O

Heck, I personally think 25 characters ain't enough, and the rules aren't strict enough.

Plus, if you are even here, you've had English classes and you have had to make those nasty (not really) 500 word essays to be old enough to understand online. If you haven't gone through English you are not old enough to be here in the first place!

So what the hell is wrong with 25 letters with a freaking keyboard that saves your hand from getting punked?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links