The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?
Yes! Show us the Sprite! 1,074 70.47%
Sure, but just show us a Silhouette 175 11.48%
Yeah, but just show us Concept Art 124 8.14%
No! Leave it for a suprise! 151 9.91%
Voters: 1524. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Nikkie.
Nikeiphoros, eh?

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Im all like, yeah, this is a great hack. Then all I see is this:

Then Im instantly put off, sorry, but yuk.
Keep the one's you had before.

Other than that, I like this, I like that you've grasped scripting fast in the right way.
Wishing you luck!
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Matteron (96)
Difference is everything...

This seems to be a good hack hope it stays that way
Current Team:

In Terms of Hacking...
Favorite ROM
Skills
Working On
In Terms of Game Dev...
Working On
News
I'm currently up for hire, for almost anything in ROM hacking, so just send me a PM.
Old March 29th, 2009, 03:26 PM
MegaMaccer
If a tree falls in a forest

Wow, I leave PC for a few days and get all these posts Well, there is to many to reply to individually, so I'll just do a bulk reply. Those two latest fakies will be fixed, Raptwig may/may not be used, I'm fairly sure Humon will be, but only once he is perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeiphoros View Post
Im all like, yeah, this is a great hack. Then all I see is this:

Then Im instantly put off, sorry, but yuk.
Keep the one's you had before.

Other than that, I like this, I like that you've grasped scripting fast in the right way.
Wishing you luck!
I can't believe I left that screenshot up :\ Those were originally gonna be tiles and palettes we would use, but we ditched those weeks ago. The tiles we are using are the ones in the current screens in the first post, which are much nicer
Now, for the Alpha, how long do you think it should be? Right now, or, once we complete the scripts and fix bugs, will include *about* 4 towns, one gym, and a few events. Does everyone think that is long enough?
Oh, and just so you know, Torzach is now eligible for hotw!

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Sakiko123

Nature: Careful
For an alpha, I'd say yeah. It should be long enough. I figure an alpha is like the
equivalent to a demo, anyway, so it should be okay. At least in my opinion. No one has to agree.
Great hack by the way. Can't wait to try it.
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:45 PM
darkraigod
All righty then!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to darkraigod Send a message via Skype™ to darkraigod
Sounds like a good game but if you feel like it tell us when you launch a sample patch for everyone if you want to.
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

Nature: Jolly
Well, that sounds long enough for the alpha. One Gym, four towns, and a few events? Yeah, that's a good length. It'll be really fun! Just hope everything goes alright!

I am a Spriter and part-time Mapper for:

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old March 30th, 2009, 12:38 PM
MegaMaccer

Cool, so it seems that that will be the length of our Alpha. I think we just about have all the bugs sorted, we just have to map the Gym and get some trainer sprites/overworlds sorted. I'm still looking for an overworld person!!

Old March 30th, 2009, 01:22 PM
kennyj92
Beginning Trainer

Are you gonna edit the attacks and stats of the fakemon?
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:15 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyj92 View Post
Are you gonna edit the attacks and stats of the fakemon?
Definitely. That is one of the more major things I will be focusing on. They will have their own stats, icons, everything, including Pokedex entries . I *may* do footprints, but thats not definite. They will probably all have their own cries as well, but not necessarily in the first alpha

Old March 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

Cool! Now were talking! This alpha is going to be cool! And I can't wait for the full game! This may turn into a real Pokemon game.

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old March 30th, 2009, 08:49 PM
amtrax
Pheonix will rule the world...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to amtrax Send a message via Skype™ to amtrax
did someone say overworlds?
lol ive been keeping an eye on this and it looks really good
anyway i can do overworlds, ill pm you proof of work

Last edited by amtrax; March 30th, 2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:21 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrax View Post
did someone say overworlds?
lol ive been keeping an eye on this and it looks really good
anyway i can do overworlds, ill pm you a patch for proof of work
Great . Just send over the patch when you can. Can you also do trainers? Like, battle sprites for trainers? That would be great :D
Anyway, I've been working on some dex entries, so will have pics up soon with those.

Old March 31st, 2009, 10:59 AM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

I think this is going to be an awesome game. This alpha is looking great! Can't wait to see some more updates!

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old April 1st, 2009, 01:01 PM
xAlexLx
Beginning Trainer

lol im a beta tester for this game and i havnt been here in a while srry guys games looking great
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:43 PM
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Yeah the length seems good for an alpha release. Yay for being eligible for hotw
Old April 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
MegaMaccer

2 more sprites to rate, I'm sorry about the slowness of battle and stat screens, lifes been pretty busy for the whole team lately, but we will be getting back into the flow of things soon . We don't seem to be slowing down, there is just a lack of screens :\. Don't stress though, there will be some in-game screenshots coming very soon . You may notice that these sprites are different than the other pokemon sprites I've shown, its because these ones are Scratch, and not from the 2 "Torzach" Dex's There will be more of everyones favourite sprites coming soon though . For now, let us know what you think of these.
Spoiler:

Oh, and happy April fools day everyone! Todoroki seems to be quite a popular username lately.... :D

Old April 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

Looks like my sprites made it up. There looking great and I hope everything is working out! This game is coming along great!

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old April 1st, 2009, 07:10 PM
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMaccer View Post
Oh, and happy April fools day everyone! Todoroki seems to be quite a popular username lately.... :D
LOL yeah. At first I logged in and was like WTH?? Then I noticed the date in the corner of my computer screen. XD Seems like I'm back to being good old 'minchan' XD Wait!! I'm only 15! that's not old.... XP

I like the sprites btw!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

Yeah, that was one big April Fools Day joke!

And I'm glad you like my Fakemon! I love them.

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Last edited by Westrmistr; April 2nd, 2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
MegaMaccer

Glad everyone likes them. In this post I'd like to clear up some things I've heard flying round the community and mostly my PM box . The hack is pronounced "Tor-zack" although it is spelled Torzach. I have also been hearing that a few people are somewhat confused about the story, and some saying like it is very similar to actual pokemon games. Well, I tried to make it very different, in that there is no "Evil Team" at all. In the official games the main quest was to stop the evil team from taking over the world. Well, in this hack, they already have. Its your job to take back the country, along with the rangers. Another thing is that these rangers aren't like the rangers in the official games, they are more like a secret police type thing, or if you prefer, the old government, before Enigma took over.
Anyway, I hope that cleared up some stuff, now I need some advice: What does everyone think we should replace the Pokemon League with? It is definetly going, I'm just not sure what to replace it with. I do have some ideas, but I'd like yours as well
Last thing, as this post is getting way to long, a new position has opened up for a scripter. I have 2, but we still need one more. They preferably need to have instant messenger, anything except AIM . And I also need some private sprite raters. I have a sprite that needs rating, but I don't want to release it to the public. I'm gonna do something a bit different and say the first 5 people to send me a pm, that look like they can do the job, will get it

Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:48 PM
amtrax
Pheonix will rule the world...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to amtrax Send a message via Skype™ to amtrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMaccer View Post
Glad everyone likes them. In this post I'd like to clear up some things I've heard flying round the community and mostly my PM box . The hack is pronounced "Tor-zack" although it is spelled Torzach. I have also been hearing that a few people are somewhat confused about the story, and some saying like it is very similar to actual pokemon games. Well, I tried to make it very different, in that there is no "Evil Team" at all. In the official games the main quest was to stop the evil team from taking over the world. Well, in this hack, they already have. Its your job to take back the country, along with the rangers. Another thing is that these rangers aren't like the rangers in the official games, they are more like a secret police type thing, or if you prefer, the old government, before Enigma took over.
Anyway, I hope that cleared up some stuff, now I need some advice: What does everyone think we should replace the Pokemon League with? It is definetly going, I'm just not sure what to replace it with. I do have some ideas, but I'd like yours as well
Last thing, as this post is getting way to long, a new position has opened up for a scripter. I have 2, but we still need one more. They preferably need to have instant messenger, anything except AIM . And I also need some private sprite raters. I have a sprite that needs rating, but I don't want to release it to the public. I'm gonna do something a bit different and say the first 5 people to send me a pm, that look like they can do the job, will get it
maybe have a tournament sort of thing which randomizes who out of a certain group u get to vs?
Old April 3rd, 2009, 05:01 AM
olidude
Pokemon Zirco- Wanna Join? ;)

i love all the new pokemon
Old April 3rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
Destrozone
Finally Flyin' Solo

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Destrozone Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Destrozone
Got some new Pokemon to show you:
Klappey:

Lorattie(Please let me know which one is a better color):

Standisaf:

As always, please let me know what you think may need to be improved.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Westrmistr
Westermeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrozone View Post
Got some new Pokemon to show you:
Klappey:

Lorattie(Please let me know which one is a better color):

Standisaf:

As always, please let me know what you think may need to be improved.
The first one looks good. It could have a slightly darker pallet though. The second one looks good, and the red one looks the best. But it needs more light shining on it's head. And the third, it looks very good! Just his eye color looks strange. But they are very good.

And to Mac, I think you can replace the Pokemon League with a Tournament like someone suggested earlier. But the winner of the tournament fights the old champion. If you beat the champion, you become champion. How does that sound?

Pokemon Torzach Forums
I support:

Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
21eeveevulpix
Master of the Eons

if you need a front image spriter I can do that, I have miles too much spare time, and that would fill it up a lot.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here