• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Some people have told me that Advanced-Text's repoint feature causes errors. is this true?
Works perfectly with me.
=====================
In UnLZ, how do you replace the pallete?
Not the APE solution, I know how to do that.
But sometimes the pallete is shrinked and hasn't got 16 colors...
How do I add -Venusaur-'s pallete instead of -Blaziken-'s?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Some people have told me that Advanced-Text's repoint feature causes errors. is this true?

yes...
I had that problem before in both two versions of Advance Text...
it repoints to existing text offsets when I was hacking Reign of Legends in the past.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
My question is that when i changed Arcanine's sprite it worked perfect the sprite itself looks good, but when I encounter one in a wild battle to test it out the sprite is changed and colours are right but the game freezes and there are black boxes all over the screen, help?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
My question is that when i changed Arcanine's sprite it worked perfect the sprite itself looks good, but when I encounter one in a wild battle to test it out the sprite is changed and colours are right but the game freezes and there are black boxes all over the screen, help?

Do you have a backup of the ROM? sounds like a possible repointing issue. Try inserting it again on the backed up ROM (back it up again) and just keep reinserting the sprite till it works correctly.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
so....

ok so i have these 2 sprites
luxray.png
luxray-b.png

and i also want ot put in the shiny pallete bu the shiny pallete doesn't match up with this picture's pallete. so how do i get a shiny pallete to be right for both images?

Years
Todoroki said:
Does anyone have a link to a Gold/Silver Table file for a hex editor?
I searched and the only thing it brings up are suggestions to search for it.

Okay, so I read up on your question to try to find a G/S Table file, and I read that if you open the rom in your hex editor, it will make a table file for you.
Now, I'm not 100% sure, so don't get mad at me! =3

--pkmn-master

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
at overworld editor there are some sprites that I don't really need so my question is how can I take sprites from pokemon firered and replace them with the sprites that I don't need in pokemon emerald

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
ok so i have these 2 sprites
luxray.png
luxray-b.png

and i also want ot put in the shiny pallete bu the shiny pallete doesn't match up with this picture's pallete. so how do i get a shiny pallete to be right for both images?

try and change the palletes of the normal sprite to have it's shiny pallete.
use Irfanview...
or you can open an Untitled MS Paint and paste both normal and shiny pallete, then put the shiny colors to the normal sprite and then index it afterwards...

at overworld editor there are some sprites that I don't really need so my question is how can I take sprites from pokemon firered and replace them with the sprites that I don't need in pokemon emerald

Import and Export features...

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019

try and change the palletes of the normal sprite to have it's shiny pallete.
use Irfanview...
or you can open an Untitled MS Paint and paste both normal and shiny pallete, then put the shiny colors to the normal sprite and then index it afterwards...

yeah i was wondering if there was a faster way cause i have to do that to a lot of images

edit: and oh ya is there a tutorial on how to change the pallete of charizard at the titlescreen? i looked at the titlescreen tutorials and none of them actually explain how to find and change the pallete

Years
In Gold version, how do I change a certain type of attack from physical to special or vice versa? Example: Ghost attacks are (for some reason) Physical and runs off of the Attack stat, and I want it to be Special.

I know it would require some hex editing; what offset would I be looking for?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello.
I wanna ask for something...
Every time I enter a map, the map name shows up, so that's normal...
But when I step on a script tile while the Map Name is still showing up, the Map Name suddenly vanishes...

Is there a way for the Map Name not to vanish when we step on a script tile?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
on A-Trainer/PET what does the Music Dialog box do?

It changes the music that's played when you meet the trainer.

how do you make a pokemon appear shiny everytime in a wildbattle script.

You just apply the newest Shiny Hack to your ROM and you enable the shiny flag whenever it's needed.

Hello.
I wanna ask for something...
Every time I enter a map, the map name shows up, so that's normal...
But when I step on a script tile while the Map Name is still showing up, the Map Name suddenly vanishes...

Is there a way for the Map Name not to vanish when we step on a script tile?

Unless it's the script itself which is causing the problem, which I doubt, it's just how the game is supposed to work. Meaning you should rather use a level script in that case.

Joosh

Nooby ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2009
Hey um, does anyone know where i can get a Trainer Editor (like PET for example) which is compatible for FR/LG. I've searched a few threads only to find the same question being answered and no good replies. I've been suggested Trainer Edit/Trainer Editor or whatever you call them - but i have no where i could download them. Thanks in advance,

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back