The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 17th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Thrace
@tion

Those updates look great Frostbite! I love the attention to detail you've put in. I'm not so keen about the starters, I would've liked to see starters that haven't been used in other games. I've played with those starters so much. :S

The new textbox looks beautiful as well. I look forward to playing Beta 1. :D
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
It's been a while but I'm still working on the hack. Recently I've been editing lots of Trainers with ease with the new Advance Trainer tool (thanks Hackmew!). I've been playing through the hack a little to see how everything is going and everything seems to be going fine, no major glitches so far.

Now, I've been working on some other things in the hack as well. I've successfully made another gym.. this time with custom tiles all made by me which brings me to the next update!

Scarlet Town Gym

The second gym in the game which specializes in Fire types. Navigate your way through this 2 floor gym battling Trainers along your way to the Leader! Simple concept, no catches here! However, the leader is remarkably tough so be prepared.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Last edited by Frostbite; January 10th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hiche..

Very nice inside tiles you made. The updates are great. I hope to see more. Good luck.
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:48 AM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Wow, Frostbite those tiles are really awesome. It's good to see you're still working on it, as I would hate to see it die. Keep the updates rolling, Luck~
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Drayano60
Sage

As always, looking forward to the beta very much =]
Old January 17th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Pokemonpro
Beginning Trainer

I lkie what i am seeing as long as the beta appears i am happy
Old April 5th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Hey everyone!

I've been working on the hack a lot recently (and between the time since I last updated) and everything has been going out great. Most of the events are completed for Beta 1 however there still has to be a few scripts that I need to make. The next set of screens will be the last I'll show until Beta 1 is released. It dosen't show much other than mapping but events are there! I don't want to spoil much to you guys right now. Azure City is completely remapped and so are some other routes. I'm hoping to have Beta 1 released around this month maybe.

Spoiler:

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old April 5th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Hey everyone!

I've been working on the hack a lot recently (and between the time since I last updated) and everything has been going out great. Most of the events are completed for Beta 1 however there still has to be a few scripts that I need to make. The next set of screens will be the last I'll show until Beta 1 is released. It dosen't show much other than mapping but events are there! I don't want to spoil much to you guys right now. Azure City is completely remapped and so are some other routes. I'm hoping to have Beta 1 released around this month maybe.

Spoiler:
Cool updates!!
Well i can't wait too play the beta, cause this hack look's like a nintendo game so much!
Good luck!

Buizel 9 ~
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:59 AM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
It's good to hear you're working on this again. I've always admired the graphical features in this hack. Hopefully we'll be able to play the beta by the end of the month but don't rush it just to make the deadline.
Keep up the good work! :cer_smile:

Brother of Vrai
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Griin.
Trainer

Finally an update on Azure Horizons. Mapping its pretty well done. I like how you used tiles from older generations like Emerald and Ruby. Sorry if this was already asked but do you plan on making a new Hero/Heroine for AH(Azure Horizons) ? Good Luck!
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
It's good to hear you're working on this again. I've always admired the graphical features in this hack. Hopefully we'll be able to play the beta by the end of the month but don't rush it just to make the deadline.
Keep up the good work! :cer_smile:
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasumin View Post
Sorry if this was already asked but do you plan on making a new Hero/Heroine for AH(Azure Horizons) ? Good Luck!
Yeah eventually there will be a new hero and heroine.
They'll be implemented eventually.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old April 5th, 2009, 11:04 PM
cookie_lovr
Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist

Nice screen shots, but can you show some custom scripts?
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:01 AM
/Circa
a face in the clouds.

Nature: Quiet
Still looking extremely proffesional.
Wonder what the museum is for
ventually though, he e
merges inside a v
ery large room w

here everything about

the house

suddenly

changes.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
This actually looks nice!
I wish you good luck!
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:23 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Anything new here?
I've always considered this to be one of the most professional hacks around these forums.
Looking forward to an update of any kind ;)

Brother of Vrai
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Surf

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
I've always loved this hack.
It is incredibly professional and the mapping has a Nintendo quality to it.
clan, to play with casually.
Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
and I'll get back to you.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Posting again because I have another update. Like I said yesterday you will be able to run in buildings now (much like D/P/P) shown below.

Now for the newer update. I've always wanted to do this for a while now, and badly. Thanks to Mastermind_X's tutorial, this hack will now feature different Trainer battle themes for specific Trainers! Check it out below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1GBx8g3W48

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old May 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Ooh, spiffy!
R/S/E music is my favorite

I'm curious as to how you enabled running indoors. If you did it the way I think you did it (making an indoor map's settings similar to those of an outdoor map's settings under the Header tab in AdvanceMap) then you would most likely run into problems. The main ones that come to mind are the facts that you can ride a bike indoors (which I think is pretty poor etiquette) and being able to use Fly inside (which is just plain physically impossible). Though I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong

Brother of Vrai
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
Ooh, spiffy!
R/S/E music is my favorite

I'm curious as to how you enabled running indoors. If you did it the way I think you did it (making an indoor map's settings similar to those of an outdoor map's settings under the Header tab in AdvanceMap) then you would most likely run into problems. The main ones that come to mind are the facts that you can ride a bike indoors (which I think is pretty poor etiquette) and being able to use Fly inside (which is just plain physically impossible). Though I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong
Nah, I simply enabled running indoors by editing map's data string (not its settings).
Therefore, biking and flying indoors will still not be possible.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old May 6th, 2009, 04:57 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

This hack looks great cant wait for a release and i also like the running indoors since most indoor places are long keep up the good work
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Ray Maverick
life without liberty; body without spirit
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
My Post.....

Good,nice story,and its nice to have new music,i'm bored to hear over and over again the nintendo themes.
But you won't insert new tiles?
I think the tiles make the difference in a hack,attracting more people to it.

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

"I'm surrounded by capable Pokemon who don't need me in battle. If they get themselves bloodied, and I am clean by the end of the battle, how long before they start questioning my bravery?"
- Garland Fordring, leader of the Exathian Gold Tribe

Old May 7th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
No, Frostbite shouldn't change the tiles, because he already has changed a good amount of them for a FireRed hack. He already has changed many. Also, no, tiles do not make a difference in a hack and attract people to it. Just look at Pokémon rijonAdventures and Pokémon Liquid Ocean, which are some of the best FireRed hacks with hardly any tile changes.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:03 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

I like the work you're doing on the hack. It's like a mix between Pokemon Emerald, Fire Red, and Platinum three of my favorite Pokemon games. You are a good hacker.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

New update: I've finally got the worldmap inserted!

Spoiler:

Yeah I know it's not perfect (since there are blank tiles at the bottom) but it's better than nothing I guess. The map may change slightly in the public beta that is to be released. The position data isn't done yet hence the player being in a wrong area but I'll get that all sorted once I've gotten all the areas named. As for the little tile error at the bottom I'll get that fixed too in time.

A lot of progress has been done recently. I've been doing a TON of scripting (which isn't very fun, mind you). Most of the areas and scripts for beta 1 have been completed but I still have a fair amount of work to do. I've decided to end beta 1 at the 3rd gym. That's all for now.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Old May 16th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Surf

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
:D
I can't wait for the beta.
And with the World Map, I believe that you can edit the tilemap to get rid of the blank tiles.
And you might want to sharpen it a bit, it's kind of blurry.
Best of luck!
clan, to play with casually.
Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
and I'll get back to you.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links