Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
LynnCreed
Mime Jr.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LynnCreed

Advertise here
If you need someone to sprite tiles I could take a whack at it. I just started getting into spriting but i think for a noob I'm kind of decent. You can check out the people I've sprited for my game on my pokemon delta thread if you want to see how well I do. I haven't tried doing very many tiles so it'll be good practice for me.

I'm back!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:10 PM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

@crzyone9584
I'm not using a common event because I really don't like events. I made a script that calculated the condition factors according to steps taken and they can be refilled when an item is accuired (such as food). The menu to see the condition status opens when you press the "V" key, so you can keep a track of your status.

@LynnCreed
New volunteers are always welcome here and if you'd like to help out, I'm more than glad.
[STOPPED][DEMO] Pokemon Blue Chrome
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite

Last edited by Luka S.J.; April 2nd, 2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
crzyone9584
Pokemon: The Beginning Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoChamp View Post
@crzyone9584
I'm not using a common event because I really don't like events. I made a script that calculated the condition factors according to steps taken and they can be refilled when an item is required (such as food). The menu to see the condition status opens when you press the "V" key, so you can keep a track of your status.
Thats pretty nice. my common event automatically tells me im hungry when i start a new game or load a save. Need work on it a bit. Keep up the good work.
Killing to Live, Living to Kill.

Pokemon: The Beginning

Click link above. It's the home of My Game!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyone9584 View Post
Thats pretty nice. my common event automatically tells me im hungry when i start a new game or load a save. Need work on it a bit. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the support, also I edited my last post since i wrote down the wrong word "required" and I meant to say "accuired" XD.
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
LynnCreed
Mime Jr.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LynnCreed
it's not my game, but i'd go with the event thing if I were you. it makes more sense to have your character get hungry in the morning, at noon, and at dinner time than it does to go by number of steps. I mean I know activity makes you hungry but at the same time, if you don't go anywhere you're still gonna get hungry at mealtimes. plus when you're battling you're not walking but you'd still get hungry.

I'm back!
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
mini poliwag
JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mini poliwag
brilliant work, this looks like its going to be a good game
if there are any places still open for spriters, ill be delighted to help

thanks for the d/p tiles as well.
Spoiler:

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:36 AM
PokeMaster Marin
Bigginer

Thanks MiniPolliwag I'm sure your game will turn out great too. Regarding the Hygene system, I (I mean WE) are not very good eventers, we like to base the more complex things on scripts rather than having tonns of events (also keeps it a bit tidier). DragoChamp is currently working his "behind" off on making this system work and we really have no luck regarding events. If anyone would like to help, thanks in advance.

P.S. How can I get permission to change the first post aswell and be the co-thread maker?
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
crzyone9584

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeMaster Marin View Post
Thanks MiniPolliwag I'm sure your game will turn out great too. Regarding the Hygene system, I (I mean WE) are not very good eventers, we like to base the more complex things on scripts rather than having tonns of events (also keeps it a bit tidier). DragoChamp is currently working his "behind" off on making this system work and we really have no luck regarding events. If anyone would like to help, thanks in advance.

P.S. How can I get permission to change the first post aswell and be the co-thread maker?
I have an event that works for hunger. When i get home ill post it here. It took some time before i got it to work. but it works as far the the first test goes which was just sitting there and let the frames roll by.

Old April 6th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

Anything you don't want you don't need to post. What my friend here was trying to say is that I usually stick to the scripting instead of eventing.
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:29 AM
crzyone9584

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoChamp View Post
Anything you don't want you don't need to post. What my friend here was trying to say is that I usually stick to the scripting instead of eventing.
I my bad i miss understood. Anyway im not good at scripting so i stick with eventing lol.

Old April 7th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Looks impressive so far, keep up the good work!
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF

My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.

Old April 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Above Lv100? Bad idea man
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
Above Lv100? Bad idea man
How about an explanation to go with that statement?
Old April 16th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Emerex
Beginning Trainer

I think that "higher than 100lvl idea" is quite good, couse the game will be chalenging for a longer time and that means more of fun
Old April 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Pika Storm
learning to script

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Pika Storm
this game looks very promising, but I have a question concerning the torn world: do you walk on the walls and cieling and all that other stuff that is kind of cool, but makes the camera angle go crazy? Nintendo spent some good time figuting out where the gravity is distorted and stuff, where it is fine, and all that other stuff. However, it is kind of hard to use the controls on the walls and roof.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I wanted to say that.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old April 24th, 2009, 03:53 AM
yatax
Beginning Trainer

Old April 25th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Jmanski141
i herd u leik mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
gonna be cool, i think the "Over level 100" thing is an awesome idea! i mean in EVERY pokemon game i ever own i manage to get my pokemon to lv 100, then the game is boring. you win EVERY battle.

please help my eggs hatch

Old April 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Pika Storm
learning to script

I thought of an idea for the future region:
the way the real world plate techtonics are mooving, the westrn half of kanto will become a mountain that is part of the same mountain chain as mt. silver, and will extend into the ocean, jhoto will become more mountanous, and the middle part of kanto is more mountainous too, but the eastern part of kanto is very flat.

Since the regions are compacted together, they could become one slightly larger region, and the pokemon there are moreadvanced versions of the pokemon already there ex) a psychic/water type psyduck, or a steel/water type blastoid
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

@Pikastorm: I'm not able to come up with a script that advanced to make the torn world just like in platinum where you can walk like in the real game. Unless i get a scripter that is really good, I have no intentions in making anything like that.

The future will be somewhere around Johto and Kanto, and yes the map will look different. Instead of making advanced Pokemon I just thought of creating new ones.
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Pika Storm
learning to script

yeah, nintendo actually did some good work in platinum, although I think that soon someone will figure out how to script that. And the ideas for fakemon was just a stray thought I had when I was posting, whatever you choose to make the fakemon from, I bet you will do a good job
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Waudby
Pokémon Odyssey!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika Storm View Post
yeah, nintendo actually did some good work in platinum, although I think that soon someone will figure out how to script that. And the ideas for fakemon was just a stray thought I had when I was posting, whatever you choose to make the fakemon from, I bet you will do a good job
This would be impossible in most of the game makers available, Sphere would've once been able to do something very similar how it's 3d functions were dropped (i think?). The reason Nintendo could do it is because D/P/Pt work using a 3d engine and 2d sprites, while all our game makers are 2d engines.

~Credit to Kyledove for the tiles.
Old April 29th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

I've changed the look of the D/P male hero to Platinum and added a new function that shows the sprite of the main characters in a small window when you talk to him/her

@LynnCreed: Sorry for not replying to your message on the revamping of sprites. I don't know if there is an acctual tutorial on revamping but i can show you what I've done.

With paint I have extracted the colour palette (using Palette tool) from the PokeMart (credit goes to Saurav) and simply repainted any area of the old sprite with this colour. Any colour I didn't like or didn't have I created myself and I removed any detail from the house I didn't like and added some new lines.
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite

Last edited by Luka S.J.; April 29th, 2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old April 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

So you said this game will consist of 200 new pokemon?
Do you have any concepts you could show us?
Old April 30th, 2009, 04:48 AM
SkieTheKitsune
Please call me FoxMan.

Nature: Jolly
Oh, okay, this is a game in RPG Maker XP. Wow, this looks amazing so far. The whole description is so in-depth that I'm excited just reading about it. Keep up the good work. :D
Come check out my YT Page, if you'd like. In the middle of an Emerald Wingull Solo Run! Check it out.

Mah Pokes.
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Luka S.J.
S.J.Ware HD

There are no concepts to show for the pokemon. This project is in the hands of Pokemaster Marin and all questions you have, you have to ask him. Anyone that is somehow involved in anything to do with the game should still send PMs to me and me only. If people working on this game would like to switch to my new project, they are welcome (PM me about that since there is no thread). Any new information regarding this game should be posted by Pokemaster Marin.

This thread will be kept alive and if any of the mods would move it to the Games Showcase section we would appereciate very much.

Thank you for all your support!
[DEVELOPING] S.J.Ware
[DEVELOPING] Tykanite
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here