The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Loki

Roleplay Discussion Thread

What can I do here?
  • If you have any questions regarding Roleplay, post them here!
  • You can also solicit members for your roleplay in here, or gauge the level of interest in a potential plot idea.
  • Also, if you've any ideas for a plot and would like others to help you flesh out your idea, or if you want to suggest an idea, this is the place!

Just keep in mind...
  • Please keep all conversations on-topic and please do not post unnecessarily!
  • If you are advertising your roleplay, please keep 48 hours in-between your advertising posts.

(Members are encouraged to answer questions, but avoid mini-modding and nitpicking - it's safe to say that Skymin and Magic Fox are nearby.)

Last edited by Magic; August 21st, 2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Desperately needed updating...
Old December 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
does anyone have any newly made Inuyasha roleplays, I'd like to play Kagome please, I'm very good at playing her, all the other rps already have someone playing her

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old December 17th, 2008, 12:33 PM
N-XIGE
Ascension: Success Story

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to N-XIGE
You should use the 'Search' Feature; it helps a lot...just search with the key word as 'Inuyasha' in the RP section.
Old December 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
i did and all the ones found already had Kagome being played by someone

Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old December 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Rii
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rii
I have an Idea for a Fushigi Yugi rp. But it might be a little to complex to work. lol So I thought I'd ask to see if anyone would like to do a joint project.

It's called Fushigi Yugi: Preistess Wars. Basically this takes place 60 or so od years after Miaka's and Tamahome's efforts in the Universe of the Four Gods. The book was kept in Miaka's safekeeping for a long time. Then one day Yui was helping her friend clean some thing out of her home to move when the book was "accidently" lost. For 60 years no one has seen or heard anything of the book. Then one day into the future the book turns up at the house of an old lady who bought it at a book convention to give to her youngest grandaughter. The book turns out to be a dissapointment because there is no story, only a strange script written in Chinease and the words Pristess Wars written in bold under that.

I'd need 4 pristesses for this along with all of the warriors for each pristess. That's why I'm saying it may be too much. But I do really think a Fushigi Yugi rp would be fun, even if it's not my own idea.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

that sounds like a fun idea

[/sig-reason]
Old December 23rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Blitzballer
Sarcasm: now GMO-free.

Here's what I was thinking!

Well...I like the world of "Spira", right? So I was thinking about doing a Final Fantasy X RP! Ta-da! Sounds amazing right?! Yeah, okay...back to the interesting idea.

Anyway, it would be set during the same time as Yuna and the gang, and it will involve another summoner's party. I was thinking though, about having two (count 'em TWO!) parties at the same time! One, the good group; the other, bad. They'll start out at two different places and have their own stories to work with, but it'll all happen in the same thread (or two?), and they'll both eventually meet down the RP's road. Does it sound like a workable idea? I like it, but I just wanted to get some feed-back first. I'll flesh out the story later!
Old December 25th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Shadowfaith
Destined for something more...

Nature: Relaxed
Kawaii: That actually sounds quite fun. I would join because of my love for Final Fantasy and it just sounds like your avarage, full of fun RPG to be honest with you. I would be up for that

Oh and if anyone has any ideas for an RPG where everyone can join in, I would love to hear them because I'm thinking of doing another one to bring a bit more life to ORPG section XD
Old December 25th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
I think we need more roleplays with normal people...as in, no gods, no anime characters, and no powers. Granted, it might be a little more difficult to spice up the plot, but it would be a nice change from the usual.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea
Old December 27th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Shadowfaith
Destined for something more...

Hmm, what did you have in mind? It would be a little hard to create something like that, but I kinda know what you mean. Were you thinking some sort of high school or something like that?

Also I was thinking we could bring the RPG awards back? We haven't ahd one in ages x
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
DrazenHayato
The Impact

Nature: Rash
Still working on plot, but I might start a Zoids rp
platinum fc
name chris
fc 4512 1080 8605

Old January 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Zimvee
ROCK AND ROOOLL!

You know what Role-Play I want to see. A Runaways role-play. (For those who don't know what that is, its a Marvel Comic series.) I'v been thinking about making one for awhile now but I don't know where to start. Any thoughts?

Credit to Reminicing for the awesome theme!
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-XIGE View Post
You should use the 'Search' Feature; it helps a lot...just search with the key word as 'Inuyasha' in the RP section.
I searched and every one of them was too old to post in.

[/sig-reason]
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Hopefully this gets noticed here... XD

Prologue
Every story has a beginning, middle, and an end. Without these things, a story is nothing more than a bunch of words with absolutely no point. Well, this story has all of those things, and the beginning takes us as far back in time as World War II.

Constantine Leubast was a German man who had seen his fill of unpleasant things over the course of his life. When he was young, he did his part for his country and participated in the Second World War He lost everything during that time. Friends, family, everything was stripped from him while he was off fighting battles for reasons he didn’t believe in. By the time the war ended, he was already thirty-five, and he had nothing left. He spent the next ten years of his life wallowing in depression, not allowing himself to get close to anyone or anything. Constantine simply locked himself in his tiny apartment, making no contact with the outside world. He let himself go.

That all changed, one day, when he received word from his only remaining family, his Uncle, that he had met the perfect bride for Constantine, in Canada of all places. His Uncle had traveled there several months prior on business. According to the letter, this woman, Isolda, would be the perfect companion for Constantine. Curious, and intent on getting out of his rut, the man departed for the foreign country the next month, unaware of what type of woman this "Isolda" might be.

When Constantine was introduced to his predicted love interest sometime later, he was a little more than shocked. The woman, like himself, holed herself up in her apartment, not daring to go outside for any reason. Why? Simply because she had a lifestyle that most people could not accept. She liked the dark, the gothic, and the people around her could not acknowledge her interests. Constantine on the other hand, felt sympathy for the woman, a person who was all alone like himself and made a habit of going to visit her every day. It was that the two would fall in love and eventually marry.

When they had saved up enough money as a couple, Constantine and Isolda Leubast purchased the land to build a mansion out in the Canadian wilderness out of the dark designs of Isolda's mind. They moved in not long afterward, and lived happy lives together until things went astray.

Isolda eventually proposed the idea of wanting a child, a daughter, something Constantine had no interest in having. The wife pushed and pushed until her husband eventually snapped. It's probably worth mentioning here that Isolda, ever since the completion of the mansion, had been slowly losing strands of her sanity. As they were in the middle of nowhere, cut off from the rest of civilization, loneliness crept up on her and slowly ate away. She was often found before the mirror in the entrance hallway, talking to her non-existent child which was only her reflection. She talked endlessly about dressing them up in gothic lolita, a style that had recently become popular in Japan that she had seen pictures of.

Constantine eventually left Isolda without saying a word. He just up and disappeared, abandoning her lonely self in that huge mansion. It goes without saying that she committed suicide shortly after, in front of that wretched mirror. Her last words went to her imaginary child, wishing that they could watch over herself and the house. Rumor has it that her husband went back to collect some items from the home one day, but he never returned. The truth of the matter, as detectives eventually learned, was that he was ripped limb from limb, his body parts scattered in various parts of the mansion.

After that, Leubast mansion was left completely alone, until one raining day in 2006. A young man was unfortunate enough to run out of gas nearby the Leubast mansion. Curious, and hoping for some gas, the youth entered the house, only to be startled by his own reflection in the ominous mirror of the entrance hall. He laughed it off, but was overcome with a new horror when he noticed himself changing, taking on a form quite unlike his own. A curse transformed him, and a girl in Gothic Lolita attire stood in his place. She recognized herself as Annabel Lee Leubast, and the boy's memories were soon taken by the curse as well, replaced with the fake personality and memories of a girl that never existed in the first place.

Annabel Lee, "daughter" of Isolda Leubast, lived alone in that mansion for three years, over which period of time she learned her had unique gifts. She did not age, for one, and she seemed to have an unusual bond with the spiritual. Yet, as the destiny of all Leubast women seemed to be, she quickly grew lonely without anyone else around. So, imagine her luck when a group of unfortunate souls showed up at her front door in search of shelter from the rain...

Plot
I can imagine you know where this is going. You arrive at the Leubast Mansion after your car broke down on the way to a wedding with a bunch of friends. What's worse, you locked yourselves out and it started to rain! Clearly, going in the scary looking mansion was the best choice. Unluckily for you, the sole, supernatural resident of the mansion has been very lonely, and she really needs someone to keep her entertained.

Ooookay. So, just seeing if anyone is interested in the idea. It would be a horror RP based around curses, and here's the most interesting part: Anyone who gains approval to join the RP by me gets to submit a curse. When the RP is about to start, I will stick all the ideas in this randomizer, and the curses will get assigned to different characters! Of course, you'd have to be willing to accept the curse you end up with, if that was the case. So, any takers?

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

I really like the idea for that horror RP, I would almost definitely play!

Now, my idea for an RP!

SHADOWS OF MAROÖRH

CHAPTER ONE

The Drakúran War… Forty years since that massive war, spanning eight generations, was ended in a single night… Many legends surround the events leading to the end of the war, but only a select few know the truth. But none of this matters to the average citizen of Maroörh… For Maroörh is experiencing a time of complete political turmoil, Rieszaine Targarin, only son of the Khair of Maroörh, is spending all the gold available to him, from his many business ventures, on building his own personal army. Rieszane’s army is purportedly for the safety of the nation, but many have begun suspecting that he plans to use it to forcefully take the Khairacy from his aging father.

While the Khair is trying his hardest to keep one step ahead of his son, the Targarin Council, advisors to the Khair for centuries, are plotting against the current ruling line, and attempting to crown a faceless man after the Khair and his son destroy each other. Though the Khair, and most of the population know nothing of this, they do see how it is negatively affecting all facets of life in

In this RP you'll play a citizen of of Maroörh, just an average citizen, with no special powers or whatnot, just trying to survive the political manoeuvrings that surround you.

So, what do you think?

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old April 7th, 2009, 01:44 PM
JBCBlank
Satanist to the core.

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to JBCBlank Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JBCBlank Send a message via Yahoo to JBCBlank
I uploaded a Super Smash Brothers Rp some time last week I think; and even though a new post has showed up in the Check to see if your Roleplay has been accepted I have no idea if I has been accepted or declined. Also, None of my past Rps which have been accepted have showed up there either.

Just something I wanted to throw out.

On a side note, I am working on a Sonic the Hedgehog Rp. Not to sure what kind of plot to use yet, but, something will come up.

_./'\._¸¸.•¤**¤•.¸.•¤**¤•....*
* •. .•** Gorillaz Rock!!*..*
/.•*•.\ ¸..•¤**¤•., .•¤**¤•. *

I have never and will never change my Username!
LOZ fan club Co-owner
:My journal:My DA:My Cosplays!:
Gorillaz Quote:
"Hey everybody! Look at me, I'm a Moron!"
*MURDOC NICCALS* Original Cribs episode.

Click here to level up my card!
Old April 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCBlank View Post
I uploaded a Super Smash Brothers Rp some time last week I think; and even though a new post has showed up in the Check to see if your Roleplay has been accepted I have no idea if I has been accepted or declined. Also, None of my past Rps which have been accepted have showed up there either.

Just something I wanted to throw out.
That thread has nothing to do with Other Roleplay, FYI. It's just Pokemon Roleplay updates that are posted in there.
Old April 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM
JBCBlank
Satanist to the core.

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to JBCBlank Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JBCBlank Send a message via Yahoo to JBCBlank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
That thread has nothing to do with Other Roleplay, FYI. It's just Pokemon Roleplay updates that are posted in there.
Then you should make one and have it liked on Helpful links for Rpers... because it's linked there man.

_./'\._¸¸.•¤**¤•.¸.•¤**¤•....*
* •. .•** Gorillaz Rock!!*..*
/.•*•.\ ¸..•¤**¤•., .•¤**¤•. *

I have never and will never change my Username!
LOZ fan club Co-owner
:My journal:My DA:My Cosplays!:
Gorillaz Quote:
"Hey everybody! Look at me, I'm a Moron!"
*MURDOC NICCALS* Original Cribs episode.

Click here to level up my card!
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Murder
Beginning Trainer

They don't need one here. It isn't as active, and your roleplay won't get buried. You will notice it if you check back.
-------------

Anyways, I want to know what kind of things people are interested in. I don't want to start a roleplay that no one likes.
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

I'd still like to be in a Inuyasha rp and play Kagome, please if someone would make one

[/sig-reason]
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Murder
Beginning Trainer

Konekodemon, you could always make one yourself. >.> It isn't that hard.
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

Yea right, I can't make one if I don't have a plot. I'll just leave the rp making to other people making rps and handling them is too hard for me.

[/sig-reason]
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder View Post
They don't need one here. It isn't as active, and your roleplay won't get buried. You will notice it if you check back.
-------------

Anyways, I want to know what kind of things people are interested in. I don't want to start a roleplay that no one likes.
I think most people around here are interested in fantasy stuff, but honestly...
Who's left? :/

I'm considering asking to have ORP merged with PRP into just one roleplaying section.
That might garner more attention for ORP, and it'd save the front page from a dead forum taking up space.
People who are left: What do you guys think? :/
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Murder
Beginning Trainer

I agree. I haven seen how inactive this can get. I spent quite a a while at this site before I actually signed up. Most people don't bother to touch this section :<. There are a lot of great ideas that go unnoticed because not many people come here, whilst at the Pokemon side the majority of them are filled in a few days- the really good ones in a day or two. The ORP role plays take a while to fill, and when they do, they do not last very long. Lots of creators get flustered and angry because they took the time to make a role play that wasn't pokemon, but see it shot down because of the low activity. It will really help out the role play masters so that they didn't write the plot and ect for nothing. It would help other role players as well, as many of the PRP one's get filled fast. There would be more role plays and thus more to choose from and thus more people getting to participate.

The PRP gets more action. Why? Well, because more people frequent the Pokemon section. They should be merged so some of the more missed RPs get noticed. However, I believe, that some people will become frustrated as they will want a PRP and click on an ORP, and vice-versa. I think that the problem get be solved by the use of the of the prefix system. Like in the emulation section how it allows you to select what rom type, this should allow you to select what role play type it is so that every knows. So, if they strayed away from ORP because they only pokemon, they wouldn't have to waste their time in the thread, trying to figure out whether it is ORP or PRP.

I think it would be good idea, just iron out a few wrinkles such as the prefix thing. I couldn't really, at the moment, see that many problems arise from doing such an action. In fact, I think that if more problems were to arise there would be a solution. But, really other than what I pointed out, I don't see any other problems coming. It might be a bit confusing at times for some people, but I think that it could be done. This would really improve role play activity and would stop a lot of dead threads and what not. However, this would probably cause a more close moderation of threads being accepted, and all OOC threads would have to be moderated or none of them will be moderated. I personally think that it should be none of them, but I am sure that there are reasons that the PRP doesn't have the privelege of the ORP, which would cause for the need of moderation.

That is my seventy-three cents.
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Well... I don't think they'd get mixed up, since by "merging" the forums, I don't mean mashing them together, I mean making ORP a sub-forum of the general roleplay section, which would be PRP.

:I Which means they'd still be in different forums.

Glad you like the idea though.
This is as inactive as ORP has ever been since I came here. Dx [/But I'm pretty sure it was in the process of dying when I came.]

[/maybe it's me. ;A;]

xD Anyway, I'll see if I can't find twenty-seven cents from the other folks. ;D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links