The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old December 19th, 2008, 04:24 AM
AmineX
Music Expert

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via ICQ to AmineX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AmineX Send a message via Skype™ to AmineX

Advertise here
what do you mean exactly???

All my pokemon music related videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LHV1?feature=mhee
Old December 20th, 2008, 01:38 AM
choatix
Choatix

the NDS tracks do not sound like they would min the game, like thier using diferent insturments or something o that effedt
Old December 20th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

The game changes the tracks massively (on Meta Knight's Revenge from Kirby Super Star Ultra) or minimally (VS. Regirock/ice/steel from Pokemon Platinum) to make them sound different. What you are hearing is the original and if you don't like it, delete some tracks temporarily and see what you get. Use back-ups.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:32 AM
choatix
Choatix

ok then... and how will that change anything???

OH WELL.

What is the stream folder for? The picture says wav files; what wav files? That folder is also empty for me from each of the games I have extracted from: Nintendogs, Pokemon Diamond and New Super Mario Bros. Is trhis my falt or someone elses?

As by wav does it mean the actual songs (as they sound in game) because this is what I eralyl want.

And another thing...
Options:
-x extract files only(no decoding)
-s show processing status
--help show this usage
How do you use these options? And what do they all do? Or, do I chanmge something or other?

EPOSIDE 1
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5FiGJmAQfcc
EPOSIDE 2
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pq_QSdewD2c
Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
darlly
Nnknesso Boutadaa

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to darlly
useless ask because aminex will be absent for very a long time

Last edited by darlly; December 22nd, 2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

I'm not sure what is the stream folder and ignore the options, they are useless. The stream folder may be for streaming files, but the Nintendo Dual System, Dual System Lite, and Dual System(i) do it by themselves.
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM
nadjim
Beginning Trainer

Super tutoriel, French colleague :p

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Yeah, well, this program does rip music from mainly 75-85% out of all 3200+75(demos and G&W Collections) or over roms. I just found that out by trying it with 20 random roms.
Old December 25th, 2008, 08:27 AM
choatix
Choatix

Well I need help from someonme. Can this program extract sound files as WAV files that are the soundtracks as the game would play them? The strean folder, After all, in the image in the first post it does mention it contains wav files.

EPOSIDE 1
EPOSIDE 2

Last edited by choatix; December 25th, 2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Added something and correct bad typing
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Yes, in the third folder it does. But those are just SFX, so I don't bother. Just change the folder with midi files to read by size and done. You will find music easier, that's my hint. Also, WINAMP is a great program for those files. Try using that for them.
Old January 9th, 2009, 11:56 PM
jerryonhere
Wonder if I may come back..

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jerryonhere Send a message via Yahoo to jerryonhere
If you want to extract the Nintendo DS Music without it remixed, why don't you get VGMTrans?
Old January 10th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Some songs have an extra part to it. How do I know? There are unused songs and Eterna City/Game Corner are partially distorted compared to the games.
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM
WiiGamin
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
I can't get this right. I'm dying to put the soundtrack on my iPod, but I can't get the files right.

Does anyone have a link to download the soundtrack to PMD 1 and/or 2? If so, can you PM it to me?
I've been looking for it for a LONG time! I CAN'T FIND IT!!! ='(
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

It's easy. Download the rom (do it yourself) and put it in the same folder as the program. Move the ROM over the program to extract the music and waste a lot of hours ordering it and then converting to mp3 (which is easy!)
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM
WiiGamin
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Yes, I know how to extract the files, but the raw MIDI files are warped. It doesn't sound anything like the in-game rendering. You can sometimes tell what its SUPPOSED to be, but its severely warped.
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiiGamin View Post
Yes, I know how to extract the files, but the raw MIDI files are warped. It doesn't sound anything like the in-game rendering. You can sometimes tell what its SUPPOSED to be, but its severely warped.
Correct. That is the ORIGINAL *.midi* file that makes this happen. That is how it is supposed to sound, all you have to do it clean up the instruments by a remixer and then you got a good song. The game just changes the file, all right? I had this a few times, but I didn't care.
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:17 AM
choatix
Choatix

I dfont understand how to "unremix" as such music from VGMTrans

EPOSIDE 1
EPOSIDE 2
Old February 6th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choatix View Post
I dfont understand how to "unremix" as such music from VGMTrans
Try using Anvil Studio for such matters.
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:15 AM
choatix
Choatix

and then what?
i really dont get what to do

EPOSIDE 1
EPOSIDE 2
Old February 8th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choatix View Post
and then what?
i really dont get what to do
Try reading the README file as it must have one. I don't really use it, but I know it. Remixes *.mid* formats quite well. Try moving/deleting the instruments a bit. And you'll have a remix sooner or later!
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:37 PM
AmineX
Music Expert

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via ICQ to AmineX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AmineX Send a message via Skype™ to AmineX
Hi everybody i'll be direct ..hum
Since i have no time to manage this thread i announce that it's closed.
If you have any question just post from main page of my website.

All my pokemon music related videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LHV1?feature=mhee
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here