The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2009, 12:17 PM
rednano12
Beginning Trainer

Nope. This is a Red/Blue hack (and the only one I have seen to date).

Off-Topic, I made a slightly crappy userbar! Proud of it for my first! Need more posts to post it though...
Attached Images
File Type: png brownbar.png‎ (10.7 KB, 45 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM
pkemaniac999
in need of help for a hack, pm

YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! (jumps in computer and runs away with a copy of brown) Just Started. I didnt play the first brown cuz I was waiting for this one.

Old April 12th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
CBM you know you da man right? Obviously that's why you are called CoolBoyMan:D.You just have utterly incredible talent and that's the bottom line!
I will definitely play this and love it a lot! I look forward to updates and the other hacks you make. I would suggest putting a page up at rijon.nintendo-net about this along with more pictures. Game tips and strategies for the hacks there would be nice too :). Keep your Cool with the hacking (:P)!
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM
robbingdog
I wanna be the guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrona View Post
Odds are you're not using a clean one, or are using the wrong version of one. Regardless, can't discuss the actual rom here, tis illegal activities
but I tried it with two separate roms, and got the same problem with both.
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Da Man
The One and Only

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
CBM you know you da man right?
Eh-hem, you forgot someone....

Anyway got to Hayward City and still no new pokemon, hope they pop up soon. Great hack so far CBM.
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM
pizzakoe
Experienced Spriter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pizzakoe
Erhm, I patched the patches and stuff, but:
Just HOW are we supposed to trade? Because VBA won't let me
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
hinsburg
Confused

Send a message via AIM to hinsburg
I just tried playing on the crappiest red rom ever, which caused the loading time between screens to be half a minute and made the game tweak and finally freeze when I obtained mah squirtle.

Getting a proper rom right now, should be freaking awesome.
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:41 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I am loving it so far, CBM.
To be honest, I don't like first and second gen. hacks, but both Brown and Prism are super interesting and are pretty addictive.

Anyways, here's a little something for ya...

Old April 12th, 2009, 03:47 PM
pkemaniac999
in need of help for a hack, pm

Incredibly, and i mean incredibly great gameplay.

BTW great banner Rednano

Last edited by pkemaniac999; April 13th, 2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: glitch fixed
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:56 PM
poddish
Spirit Of Radio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
I have a few questions:

1.how do you continue from an old save file? When I try it says that it can't load a red save file because the rom I'm using is brown.

2.For the prism compatibility patch, do you patch gold, or prism, because prism's a hack of gold and...

3.Do the 2nd gen patches do anything besides just making them compatible?

4. I heard you were going to make 1st gen patches to make them compatible too, is this untrue, or was it just too much of a pain to redo all that work three more times, when all that's needed to complete the dex is brown and prism?
Old April 12th, 2009, 04:20 PM
robbingdog
I wanna be the guy

Wow, the type and move changes are awesome. My Porygon is Abnormal, my Bellsprout is Grass/Wood, my Charmeleon knows Metal Claw (edit: and now dragonbreath too O_O), my Seel knows Octazooka...

edit again: okay, question time. I'm at the Hayward Mall, and I want to buy a TM, but they don't tell me which is which. Can you provide a list of TMs or something?
Old April 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
~Undefined~
Aspiring Pokémon Master...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Undefined~
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkemaniac999 View Post
Uh my pokedex is really weird, I have a lot of pokemon but it wont mark them examples are attached.

But incredibly, and i mean incredibly great gameplay.
Yeah, I have the same problem... T_T

Last edited by ~Undefined~; April 12th, 2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM
flygonbreloom
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to flygonbreloom Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to flygonbreloom Send a message via Yahoo to flygonbreloom Send a message via Skype™ to flygonbreloom
Been eagarly following this hack by Datai's videos, I'm happy this is finally released (And the sole reason I've logged onto this forum, I've got some uh, conflicts of interests). It has been a while since I've had to use an IPS patch, but I know it will be worth it. Time to give Lameboy a workout.

This signature is at least 6 years old now. Wow.
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
ablahblah987

First off, thanks a lot CBM for making this great game.
Second, do pokemon that normally have to be traded to evolve now evolve by level like in some hacks? If not, the game doesn't appear to work on VBA Link or TGB Dual...
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
DarkLink3753
Cok-a-doodle-DAMN!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to DarkLink3753
Duuude i was about to download the original when i found out about this. So i waited waited and now its out I cant wait to start it. Got a problem tho.... i downloaded the pokemon red rom for my VBA (on a Mac) and it like speeds through everything. Like it starts up and everything goes like lightning fast. The patch does the exact same thing. Any help on how to slow it down to normal size?

and i know theres no discussion on roms here, i just wanted to help give a clearer image on my problem. thanks to anyone who can help me out!

-3 Doors Down
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:18 PM
flygonbreloom
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to flygonbreloom Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to flygonbreloom Send a message via Yahoo to flygonbreloom Send a message via Skype™ to flygonbreloom
Turn on automatic frame-skipping, you probably have it set to 9 causing it to go lightning fast.

This signature is at least 6 years old now. Wow.
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:31 PM
DarkLink3753
Cok-a-doodle-DAMN!

Send a message via AIM to DarkLink3753
k thanks! i'm just a little new to hacked games and whatnot but this is already turning out to be awesome. great job CBM! i played some of rijonadventures but quit cuz it was a third sequel. by the time i'm done with this, hopefully prism will be in progress so i can play that shortly after, then rijonadventures. again, awesome job!

-3 Doors Down
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:44 PM
~Undefined~
Aspiring Pokémon Master...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Undefined~
Another problem... On the Prism thread it said on the type chart that fighting has no bonus damage against abnormal, but when a Machop used karate chop on my Porygon, it was super effective.

Old April 12th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Bunneth
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Undefined~ View Post
Another problem... On the Prism thread it said on the type chart that fighting has no bonus damage against abnormal, but when a Machop used karate chop on my Porygon, it was super effective.
I'm not sure but my guess would be that Karate Chop may not be a Fighting-type attack in the game. There are a few moves like that, for example Gust is neutral on my Porygon2 but Peck is super effective.

I'm having a rocking time on this game. I was curious as to how happiness-based Pokemon would evolve in this game, but I wasn't keen on using a Golbat to find out. I've just beaten Giovanni in the warehouse and so far the only glitches I have encountered were being done damage by Focus Energy one time, and my Croconaw temporarily having infinite heatlh.

Some people in-game are pretty darn creepy, too. One trainer tries to kill you with his Fearow (which he didn't actually battle me with).
Old April 12th, 2009, 06:31 PM
hinsburg
Confused

Send a message via AIM to hinsburg
Two glitches:

1. Azalea seems to have some movement issues with those jumpable things that I still don't know what they are for some reason. The ones by the well are unjumpable and there were some other ones that I forgot that were near there.

2. Somewhere along the way I got a PP Up (as opposed to a PP UP) that only says "there's a time and place for everything" when I try to use it.
Old April 12th, 2009, 06:50 PM
robbingdog
I wanna be the guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneth View Post
I'm not sure but my guess would be that Karate Chop may not be a Fighting-type attack in the game
Well actually that wasn't something CBM changed. For some strange reason, the developers overlooked that fact that Karate Chop should be Fighting-type, and instead made it Normal. This was fixed for all gens past RBY.

Also, FYI, Gust is Wind-type now.
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Bunneth
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbingdog View Post
Well actually that wasn't something CBM changed. For some strange reason, the developers overlooked that fact that Karate Chop should be Fighting-type, and instead made it Normal. This was fixed for all gens past RBY.

Also, FYI, Gust is Wind-type now.
Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case. The latter part is new to me though, so sweet.
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:07 PM
manrae
Beginning Trainer

Hey everybody I'm new here, but I was hoping I could have some questions answered...

1. I just began Pokemon Brown 1.0 about 2 weeks ago

-Do I wait until I finish the game before I apply the patch or do it now?
-How do I evolve trade based pokemon? (Alakazam, MaChamp, Golem, etc)

How exactly do I go about applying the 2nd patch? I use VisualBoyAdvance, does this affect my savefile?

Are there any missing pokemon in the original 1.0?? If so...can I trade between brown and red/blue?
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Anth0ny
Beginning Trainer

I'm not sure if this is only my problem, but the third trainer in the basement of the Safari Zone (or whatever that park is called) has a glitch Pokemon known as ?????. Everytime I face him, the game just freezes completely.

Do I need my Silph Scope or something? Even still, the game completely freezing the first time lost me quite a bit of data ; _ ;
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

-sigh- I knew there would be glitches... I hate them so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth0ny View Post
I'm not sure if this is only my problem, but the third trainer in the basement of the Safari Zone (or whatever that park is called) has a glitch Pokemon known as ?????. Everytime I face him, the game just freezes completely.

Do I need my Silph Scope or something? Even still, the game completely freezing the first time lost me quite a bit of data ; _ ;
Sorry about that, it'll be fixed next time.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links