• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
CoolBoy, which emulator are you using, or are others using with this 2.0 that does NOT effect their pokedex down to 0??????????

I've downloaded the new one, I patched it to a newly downloaded rom...SAME DEAL

Now PLEASE just answer my question, is it NECESSARY for anything special or bonuses to where you have to have all 151?

If not, the pokedex glitch, which I'm assuming can't be fixed, is ok and I'll just get the exp all from 1.1 and THEN switch over

Is ANYONE ELSE have their 2.0 working Fine regarding the pokedex??? If so, how?

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
CoolBoy, which emulator are you using, or are others using with this 2.0 that does NOT effect their pokedex down to 0??????????

I've downloaded the new one, I patched it to a newly downloaded rom...SAME DEAL

Now PLEASE just answer my question, is it NECESSARY for anything special or bonuses to where you have to have all 151?

If not, the pokedex glitch, which I'm assuming can't be fixed, is ok and I'll just get the exp all from 1.1 and THEN switch over

Is ANYONE ELSE have their 2.0 working Fine regarding the pokedex??? If so, how?

my pokedex is working fine with the update.

oh and i got a cyndaquil :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
my pokedex is working fine with the update.

oh and i got a cyndaquil :)
please run it down, step by step, how you did this and with what...

I have 2 badges, 30+ pokemon

When the sav file is used in the update, pokedex reads ZERO...

Please help me

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
please run it down, step by step, how you did this and with what...

I have 2 badges, 30+ pokemon

When the sav file is used in the update, pokedex reads ZERO...

Please help me

Thats because I had to move the data around for the hundreth time. With the update, your pokedex will be 0, but when you catch Pokemon in the future it'll be updated . I can't really do anything to avoid that, it's just how the memory of the game works.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Thats because I had to move the data around for the hundreth time. With the update, your pokedex will be 0, but when you catch Pokemon in the future it'll be updated . I can't really do anything to avoid that, it's just how the memory of the game works.
it'll update it self to the correct amount of pokemon?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
it'll update it self to the correct amount of pokemon?

No, what I mean is that the Pokedex own will be 0, but when you catch Pokemon in the future, it'll add onto the total. If you catch a Pidgey, it'll be 1. It just won't screw up the Pokedex when you withdraw Pokemon anymore. So yeah, your Pokedex had to be reset with the update, but with the way the memory works, theres nothing I could have done.

EDIT2: I decided to catch Mew with Ultra Balls, and I did, but it wasn't a Mew.

Only I know why that happened, but I'm not telling!

Anyone up for writing a walkthrough?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
No, what I mean is that the Pokedex own will be 0, but when you catch Pokemon in the future, it'll add onto the total. If you catch a Pidgey, it'll be 1. It just won't screw up the Pokedex when you withdraw Pokemon anymore. So yeah, your Pokedex had to be reset with the update, but with the way the memory works, theres nothing I could have done.

Only I know why that happened, but I'm not telling!
I see, well that's cool, I understand, after getting 50 pokemon from 1.1, and getting the exp all (I'd appreciate it if someone can tell me where the aide is with that) I'll switch over to 2.0

Years
I downloaded the patch approximately 24 hours ago, so I believe it's the updated version, and I put it on a new Blue ROM. However, using the PC still reduced my Pokedex to 0. Great game otherwise, but this is a rather annoying issue...

EDIT: 'Doh-I just realized that I did indeed use a Blue ROM, and this of course is supposed to be a Red hack. Could that be the issue?

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
@bduddy: Yeah, you need to patch to a Red ROM.
There, I've finished the Pokémon league. Everyone please honour my team:

Last edited:

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2009
Hey, I found another glitch, when I withdraw pokemon now, my pokedex does not go to zero, it now says I have 224 Pokemon.
but I have only seen 103.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
@bduddy: Yeah, you need to patch to a Red ROM.
There, I've finished the Pokémon league. Everyone please honour my team:

good team, but why didn't you evolve electabuzz?

and still im looking for a 6th pokemon, i want a glaceon

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
good team, but why didn't you evolve electabuzz?

and still im looking for a 6th pokemon, i want a glaceon
I hadn't gone into the Powerplant yet. But I just went to catch Zapdos and now I have Buzz the Electivire. =D
EDIT: I've got Mewtwo, Suicune, Moltres and Zapdos, is there any more legendaries for me to catch in Brown 2009?

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2009
When I caught Mew, it turned into a different poke, is that another glitch?

And the trainer in the "Hole" in the safari zone that leads with a Kingler, glitches when it uses crab hammer only.

And in Azalea town, you can get a poke before beating the leader.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
Hey ^^, I actually just registered to post in the thread eith a question, I was wondering whats the deal with the Punches (Ice/Thunder/Fire) in Pokemon Brown, they're special, right? Would it be possible to convert them to physical as I'm having major problems with movesets for my physical attackers, where my Starmie can use Ice/Noise/Water/Psychic, my poor Hitmonchan only has Mach Punch and Body Slam in his physical array.

I recently got Sneasel as well, it comes with Ice Punch which would usually be a great move for it, however it being special sort of ruins it >.>

Thanks anyhow, loving the ROM ;D - Reizo

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
I need help here...
How do I go past the east side of Jaeru City? There's some fence in the way and i've been pretty much stuck since yesterday.

I would post a pic but I can't work this site's image thing.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
So I was happily playing Brown today when I came across a very curious glitch. :L

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So all in all I had a pretty fun half an hour with this. Apart from the oddish/beedrill thing it hasn't affected gameplay at all really. Im not complaining about it, just merely informing you of it, because in my opinion its glitches like these that make the 1st gen games soo hilarious!
And my bubblebeam gifted Hitmanchan will probably become a major part of my team now! Im just sorry that it aquired thunderpunch instead of Ice punch :D

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
I hadn't gone into the Powerplant yet. But I just went to catch Zapdos and now I have Buzz the Electivire. =D
EDIT: I've got Mewtwo, Suicune, Moltres and Zapdos, is there any more legendaries for me to catch in Brown 2009?

spoiler

Spoiler:

Years
I noticed a glitch too I dunno if this was mentioned but I caught a pidgey and evolved it into a pidgeotto . After I raised pidgeotto a level it stats dropped =/ same with my starter a little but then after that they started going up again like normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back