The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2009, 04:00 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
UPDATE:

Well as I promised, a new update =p. That time a musical one, seeing that I've never shown you any game music I'll be showing Uranium's exclusive remixed made by me! Have fun =D. You dont have to download anything to listen them, just click on the links that Windows Media Player will show up (or any other program you use as your pc media player).

Music list:

-Moki Town: click here!

Thats the music for the first town of the game, the one you start in =p.

-Route 01: click here!

This one was the first one I made, probably the simplest remix on the list, I like it though.

-Kevlar Town: click here!

Second town on the game.

-Nowtoch City: click here!

Third city on the game, place of the first gym and also of the first encounter with your rival.

-Wild Pokémon Battle 01: click here!

That one as you can see by the title is the wild battle bgm. That one is my favorite so far ;p, I guess it's the team one as well.

-Trainer Pokémon Battle 01: click here!

That one as you can see by the title is the trainer battle bgm. I like that it, but not totally satisfied with it..

note: To make those, I ONLY used the original ones from the games, I got them at vgmusic.com.

I hope you liked these remixes, now a little contest to get things more exciting here xD.

Contest: Which Music It Came From?:

As you can see by the title, you'll have to guess which original musics I used to make these six remixes! Just post the town/route/place where they appeared and on which game. Who guess more musics correctly gets to see things that won't be show to public anytime soon, like new fakemon, more mids etc..

Just post the original music on the remixes order to participate.

Have fun~

No one is allowed to use these remixes except me!

Old April 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
~GodricGryffindor9~
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!

Nature: Adamant
hello. sadly ( for me ) i dont see anything in the sprites that are problems. so i can not really do a review about problems. XD. if someone were to say these were official pokemon i would not know the difference. lucky agent z. there are often more problems in storylines. keep up the good work!
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

Well JV, you were right, there have been a lot of updates since I was gone. I love your color scheme.

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM
maaddogg
Epic spriter in the making!!

Nature: Hasty
looks great ima play it 4 sure
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Waudby
Pokémon Odyssey!

Nature: Calm
I'm glad things are going again. It's looking good. Hopefully more people will be attracted to the thread soon :D

Seems like there's a lack of interest in the game showcase section.. but that's another subject anyway.

Can't wait to see more work from you.

Good Luck.

~Credit to Kyledove for the tiles.
Old April 11th, 2009, 04:13 AM
aquadan
is searching for members

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aquadan
Well i read the first page..
i really cbf reading all 10 and im gonna take your first post has be updated many times

in your type charts your missing Ghost type
Also the Grass/steel starter: just cos its Steel Doesnt mean it has to be a dull gray... its looks very boring and needs some colour
also the fire starter and its evo look to diffent, i mean you got a bear dog hybrid which turns in to a cat horse?? wtf??i think you should make the starter more feline
also whats the water type ment to me based on its kinda like a blob with horse legs...
sorry if im a bit harsh.... my main point, its the grass starter looks really bad, and only cos of colours, also made add some sort of Grass theme to it, like some leaves, bulbs or a flower, i mean the starter could have a flower then it evo's and it besomes some dead petals and its evo has no flower..

a upcoming stylish and original hacking team
Old April 11th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Zorin
Pixies Dance

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zorin
Everything looks great JV. I'm sorry haven't sprited much, but you may still use any fakemon I made. The only problems are the back- and minisprites.

Old April 11th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

When will the contest end?
Old April 11th, 2009, 07:26 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Comments below on bolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadan View Post
i really cbf reading all 10 and im gonna take your first post has be updated many times :) Yes it has

in your type charts your missing Ghost type Thanks for telling me
Also the Grass/steel starter: just cos its Steel Doesnt mean it has to be a dull gray... its looks very boring and needs some colour You just was inconsistent here... The same way Steel doesn't mean to be a dull gray, grass type doesn't mean flowers and plants as a obligatory detail..
also the fire starter and its evo look to diffent, i mean you got a bear dog hybrid which turns in to a cat horse?? wtf??i think you should make the starter more feline :) It isn't a bear dog hybrid o_o, it's more like a cub with monkey ears.. got it though.
also whats the water type ment to me based on its kinda like a blob with horse legs... Blobs are round things with no limbs at all ¬¬. Well it came from my imagination xD.
sorry if im a bit harsh.... my main point, its the grass starter looks really bad, and only cos of colours, also made add some sort of Grass theme to it, like some leaves, bulbs or a flower, i mean the starter could have a flower then it evo's and it besomes some dead petals and its evo has no flower..:)
It's ok man, I appreciate in depht criticize like this, but I wanted an agressive look to the grass starter (for it's evolution) so I think flowers would just ruin it... I like the way the starters are and they are final ;p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
When will the contest end?
Only you entered lol, I'm waiting for at least 5 entries. Cmon people, it's a easy one!

Last edited by ~JV~; April 11th, 2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Zephyr+

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadan View Post
i really cbf reading all 10 and im gonna take your first post has be updated many times :)

in your type charts your missing Ghost type
Also the Grass/steel starter: just cos its Steel Doesnt mean it has to be a dull gray... its looks very boring and needs some colour
also the fire starter and its evo look to diffent, i mean you got a bear dog hybrid which turns in to a cat horse?? wtf??i think you should make the starter more feline :)
also whats the water type ment to me based on its kinda like a blob with horse legs...
sorry if im a bit harsh.... my main point, its the grass starter looks really bad, and only cos of colours, also made add some sort of Grass theme to it, like some leaves, bulbs or a flower, i mean the starter could have a flower then it evo's and it besomes some dead petals and its evo has no flower..:)
Since I sprited 'em, I'll answer this as well. (and I really do appreciate ths criticism; it's much more interesting than all the bland "ur game rox :) :)" or "when is dis hack gon be released??!?" comments)

For the grass starter line, we're trying to break free from the stereotype that grass-type=visible flowers, fire-type=fire on its body, etc. (Don't say anything about Flager.) You're probably right in that it doesn't scream "grass" to look at it, but... look, it's cute, it's green, it learns grass-type moves (especially Leaf Blade). We're not changing it. Also, wildcat + armor = cool.

The fire starters are big cats, they go cub -> cheetah. Not all Pokemon keep the same colors upon evolving, either; the change is especially drastic for these guys because there's only two stages for the starters.

The water starters are highly stylized hippocampi (horse-mermaid-things) with a bit of Lanturn mixed in. :3 They don't really resemble anything, but... that's okay, right? They look cool. At least I think so.

We're not changing 'em, but it's good to hear what you think.
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:21 PM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Here is my little remix, i think its sh... xD And everything looks great, i like new tiles.
http://www.speedyshare.com/256293801.html

Old April 15th, 2009, 07:56 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom12 View Post
Here is my little remix, i think its sh... xD And everything looks great, i like new tiles.
http://www.speedyshare.com/256293801.html
It looks like you just put one music oer another... It isn't sounding good =/.

I noticed a lack of interest of you guys and girls on the contest =/, we only have one entry so far and I was expecting a few more at least... If I don't get 5 entries till Sunday, I'll be cancelling it.
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I'm guessing that the Nowtoch City music is from somewhere in Johto... Goldenrod?
And the Moki Town is from Elm's lab. Right?
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Alexithymia~
-

Nature: Bold
I was quite amused by the Ember move sound. It seemed to blow up at the end. Also, I laughed at the way someone was riding a sea pokemon on the pavement. But I do like this game. It looks good and the graphics are done well. I liked the startup scene.
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

Hey ~JV~, I just wanted to ask, do you need some help w/ Mapping/some ideas for features? I could even help out with some traner spriting.

For examples of my mapping, PM me. If you want to see my trainer sprite(s) (which are completley scratch) then view my website (go to it be going to my website on my profile).

Sorry about not filling the form; I will if I have to.

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
pokerus34
You think you're better? X(

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to pokerus34 Send a message via Yahoo to pokerus34 Send a message via Skype™ to pokerus34
Good...

Great designs of the Pokemon!

P.S. = I'll try it when there's a release!
Old April 25th, 2009, 05:40 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Well, sry for not posting for a while here. I'm cancelling the contest since only two ppl entered... Well it's possible to see a lack of interest here... I guess all the gd community is suffering from that. I'm finally back at working at a quick pace, Zephyr as well ^^. I have a lot of things to show you but first I want to know what exactly you want to see in the next update. So if anyone has any suggestion, plz tell me xD.
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Tunaboy88
Special Beam Cannon!!!!!!!!!!!

This Game looks Great ~JV~

My Hack:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=172314
Pokemon DragonBall Z
Edition
My Trainer Card:
Credit to Goodies.

Warm up my Eggs please
(\__/)
(='.'=) This Is Bunny. Copy And Paste Bunny Into
('')_('') Your Signature To Help Him Gain World Domination!!!!
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:54 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

... The showcase is getting really boring ¬¬, where are all the people we had here on the end of last year o_o? Anyways, since noone suggested something for the update, I'm making a micro one...

Well since I lost all my pc data (except Pokémon Uranium xD), I also lost the editable version of the region map, the one with layers etc.. Well I decided to take some time and make a new one! It's based on the old one but still, it's looking 1.000 times better! I'm really satisfied with it:

I'm probably still missing a few things there (like the different coloured sea/cave routes), but I think I managed to make it feel like a real archipelago! Comments and criticism in it plz xD.
Old May 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

I love the colours you went with. They look really well together and the map looks massive by the way. So many towns and cities ha.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:51 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
That looks excellent dude. Your right it has gotten boring around here....Anyway good job. I hope more people post..
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

In what way is it boring around here guys. As the saying goes, you get what you put into it guys. If you have any suggestions feel free to PM me or Avatar.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 1st, 2009, 06:47 PM
Kyuubi12
Beginning Trainer

I rember this b4 it had the css template..
Old May 2nd, 2009, 04:25 AM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
The map looks great. The only thing that really bothers me about it is that it doesn't really flow that well. Every route just leads to a dead end (or a route that leads to a dead end). I'm fairly sure you wouldn't want to do this, but just adding some small routes between some towns and cities to connect them would make navigating the map without Fly much better (and thus make gameplay flow better, too). Anyway, nice job on the map.

EDIT:
I know, I really shouldn't have done this, but I edited your map as an example of what I mean. Of course, I added a bit too much.

If you want me to remove it, I would be more than obliged.

Last edited by Alistair; May 2nd, 2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:57 AM
Zephyr+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
The map looks great. The only thing that really bothers me about it is that it doesn't really flow that well. Every route just leads to a dead end (or a route that leads to a dead end). I'm fairly sure you wouldn't want to do this, but just adding some small routes between some towns and cities to connect them would make navigating the map without Fly much better (and thus make gameplay flow better, too). Anyway, nice job on the map.

EDIT:
I know, I really shouldn't have done this, but I edited your map as an example of what I mean. Of course, I added a bit too much.

If you want me to remove it, I would be more than obliged.
I don't mind it. :3 I rather like what you've done with the north-central part of the region-- which, iirc, hasn't been mapped yet. We could make players have to travel the long way to get to the northern city, where they'd get an HM and then would be able to travel the more direct way back.

Some parts of the region I rather like better when left in isolation, though-- in particular, Nowtoch (the red city to the west) has a gimmick of being in extreme isolation; the only way to get to it on foot being to travel through a cave. (NPCs remark on this frequently.) And that's not to say that Fly will be the only method of regional transport...

Also, the yellow places are volcanoes and rather supposed to be left in isolation, with only one path to get there.

But thanks! ^^

Sponsored Links