Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Reload this Page Fanfiction Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread

Old April 28th, 2009 (03:04 PM).
Across the eons...
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by solovino:
Just take into consideration how much "expensive", and therefore how easily available to the common folk, would that impmementation of technology be. Not only in regards of the number of Pokémon you'll need to feed an intercity emergency telegraph system (to put something up), but also wheteher your world's Pokémon and PETA-equivalent would allow for them to be used this way.

The idea of security devices sounds interesting... what things are you thinking of?
Spoiler:
Well, the idea is that this city is very secluded (underground, for that matter), and very secretive. Almost everyone has an electric-type pokemon, which allows them to maneuver throughout the city (get on an elevator, your pokémon charges it up for you). It's similar to the way China isolated itself before it began to trade with Europe: there's a lot of technology there that is not found elsewhere, and vice-versa.

In terms of city-wide electricity needs, I'm planning on the lord of the city having a Zapdos or something equivalent that can power lots of things at once for short periods of time.

Traps will probably be things like electrified wires strung across key areas and explosives triggered by electric charges, but I haven't really developed that part yet. The weapon of choice for the locals might be electrified blades and/or some form of primitive drill, and I may have incredibly primitive vehicles of some kind that use DC motors (we're talking mine carts and the like here).
Old May 1st, 2009 (08:19 AM).
Hey, look, I was gone.

If your fanfiction would become a series or movie, would you change something?

Just made the topic up. For me, I'd dump mostly everything, except Neo, Sarina, most of the other characters, and other areas that I made. I'd add in a soundtrack from Pokemon, Mario, and Tales of Symphonia. Also, I'd give them all weapons like swords.
Old May 1st, 2009 (08:40 AM).
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Quote originally posted by Knyaz Vladimir:
No. Both Midsummer Knights and Anima Ex Machina are written with their genres in mind to begin with. As in, Midsummer Knights is written as if I was imagining it to be a cyberpunk anime (a la Serial Experiments Lain), while AEM is explicitly a homage to science fiction anime and film.

In other words, I wouldn't change a thing aside from what I would do in rewrites (e.g., more action and slightly less politics for MKD) because they're already written like TV series or movies anyway.

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old May 1st, 2009 (09:44 AM).
Across the eons...
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Valentine:
As in, Midsummer Knights is written as if I was imagining it to be a cyberpunk anime (a la Serial Experiments Lain)
Yay, someone else has seen it! :D Ahem. I did not know that MKD is cyberpunk. I must now read it.

I doubt it? There's a lot of crucial non-verbal communication in the E.C., however, so it might be slightly difficult to make into a movie. Mastermind would be narrated throughout, which could be weird.
Old May 1st, 2009 (09:49 AM).
Your aquatic overlord

Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Quote originally posted by txteclipse:
Yay, someone else has seen it! :D
Oh yes. XD I was a huge fan of it in high school. Sort of dropped out of it, though, although I still love its mind****-ness.

Quote:
Ahem. I did not know that MKD is cyberpunk. I must now read it.
Yeah, but admittedly, I didn't capitalize on it as much as I should have. XD; If you can think of Verona City as being the same kind of city you find in Blade Runner, then it's slightly more understandable.

Need some light reading?
Old May 1st, 2009 (09:57 AM).
Child of Time

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to .Ozymandias Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Ozymandias

I don't think I would; it would have to be a very dry spell for A Darker Day to be made into a series, but I'd like to keep everything in as it is.

*heads back out to try and write some more*

Friend Code

A Darker Day

Team Destiny

Theme

Old May 1st, 2009 (11:46 AM).
The Invisible!

Location: Within the synapses of the internet and my own mind.
Send a message via AIM to Shrike Flamestar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shrike Flamestar
Man, it's been dead in here lately... Why is everyone so quiet?! Maybe it has to do with it being near the end of the school year for many; I'm done with classes now and just have three exams next week and that's all. Yay for summer! Plenty of time to both play video games and write, well, so long as I don't get a job. <_<

Nothing major. As with Valentine, I pretty much write as if TFC and TRINITY are actually animes. Specifically, I aim for TFC to be your standard televised episodic anime, with it even having typical elements of anime such as the whole saving the world plot... TRINITY is designed to be more of a miniseries or movie (a long one), with the same sort of style of Ghost in the Shell.

The things I'd change would probably be minor details, mostly in the settings and how things look. One example that stands out are the instant runes in TFC that are formed when magic (Source energy) is used. I had to design them so that I can easily describe them in writing and so their complexity can't be anywhere near the level of, say, the one shown on that TV Tropes page. In a visual medium, they'd probably be redesigned again (I've already redesigned them between the rewrite and the new version as they were just TOO simplistic before) to be more complex, fancier, and overall cooler.

*Is a proud proponent of the rule of cool*

Somewhat related to this, I'm listening to this awesome song that I found from an EVE Online trailer video (the song's called Beauty Never Fades by Junkie XL, from the not-so-smartly named trailer EVE Never Fades) that I think just goes perfectly with TRINITY. I can just see the images in my head as if it were the anime or whatever I wish it was, introducing all the main characters—Tashima, Havoc, Zeta, Zack, Jet, and the other people who I still haven't thought up names for since they're not explicitly main characters—with lots of action and guns blazing and Vespers/Valkyrie fighters flying overhead to combat Cypher's Fighter Drones while on the streets of Helios the resistance movement is fighting against Scout, Assault, and Hunter Drones...

God, I've got my vision for TRINITY so fleshed out now that I even finally have a feel for what the city, Helios, looks like. I've got all the different classes of drones, Cypher's shock troopers, down (Scout, heavy scout, assault, heavy assault, hunter, fighter, heavy fighter, advanced fighter, and operator) as well as their manned counterparts used by the good guys (The Vesper T-83, which I've changed from what was seen in Waves; Vesper T-91; and the experimental pair of Valkyries). I've got the specifics of the titular TRINITY and it's cousin CELL down, including why they're so important. Almost every minor details as well as most of the major ones have been fleshed out; I've even gone so far to reconsider the inclusion of one element, ARMS (basically mecha), that while cool I just couldn't figure out how to incorporate well (I want the focus to largely be on the individual people and introducing these war machines, even if they are cool, would draw a lot of that focus away. Also, I would need some way to counter them which would just lead to something bigger and even less personal. Either that or magic.)

Yet despite this, I've been largely focusing on TFC lately... It's seriously been almost five months since I last updated TRINITY, in part due to me pushing out THREE chapters of the TFC rewrite in that time, as well as heavily devoting time to the fourth. I wanted to finish part 1 of the TFC rewrite before switching back to TRINITY for perhaps a two chapter block, but...this is just taking so long. Chapter 4 is almost done but I just feel like I'm neglecting a story which, while it still needs time to come into its own as I figure out what my strong suits are, has the potential to be as glorious as I see it in my head. Unfortunately, I know no one else will ever be able to see my exact vision of TRINITY...
Old May 1st, 2009 (12:49 PM).
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
NE is intended to be more like a suspense/mystery anime with a lot of police elements, like the anime Death Note. I wouldn't change anything much, except maybe chapters 14 and 19 as those two have have the worst pacing problems.

Speaking of series, NE is going to end this Saturday, folks. :O
Old May 1st, 2009 (01:22 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

:O Holy crip, Bay. I remember reading chapters of that while skipping classes in college.

Loyalty would seriously have to be expanded somehow, since it's a rather short fic with rather short chapters. On the other hand, Lucidity would have to be either split in half, or shortened down considerably.

My Digimon fic fits in perfectly with the series.

My OSC fics, well, I'll just let Card do that work. *whips Card*

... Wait. >_<
Old May 1st, 2009 (06:30 PM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill

Hmm...might have to change it a bit, but not too much as many, many of the scenes I imagine actually acted out and all. Might be too long for a movie though, my main fic - if anything it'd have more of a chance to be made into some weird hybrid of a visual story/game or something like that, given that it is based on Colosseum...

And my one one-shot...well, might need some adjusting I suppose, and wouldn't be a series-long thing, or a movie either, methinks. XD
Old May 2nd, 2009 (12:51 AM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

Just want to say, Shrike, that that's really kinda epic about TRINITY, Shrike. I was like that before with my Pokemon fics. At least one version of my first Pokemon fic, which is now titled Loyalty, but was entitled at the time... Er, well, I don't really remember what it was titled at the time because it was before Long Twilight Struggle but after Legend of a Champion.

I would be able to listen to Pokemon music, mostly the Japanese music, and imagine my characters in various scenes. Everything played out as an episodic anime, much like the Pokemon one off which it was based. It was a good way to see my fic, because I could actually see it.

These days, I barely write. I don't even look forward to it right now, but I wish I did. I still want to write, since I continue to write and rewrite scenes in my mind that I wish I could write, but when I think of what I have to get through to write those scenes, like the scenes I don't really want to write because they're boring, I just kind of lose the will to live write.

It's right up there with why I really haven't been spamming up the FFL and keeping some semblance of activity here. Concerns about real life have been on the forefront of my mind, and are where most of my energy goes to resolve.

My name is the Great Astinus, and I have verbal diarrhea. And I want to write slash hurt/comfort fics.

I'm going to go poke at Lucidity for a bit and hope that my muse's horoscope comes true, because he's about to get his butt whooped for being lazy.

Yes, I have a muse.

He's a Leo, by the way, if anyone was wondering.
Old May 2nd, 2009 (01:00 AM).
Across the eons...
Gold Tier

Fffff. Here I am, sitting at my PC with a word document open, two months, one week, one day, five hours, and twenty-nine minutes after my last chapter release. I've finished one page of the next installment.

I used to write a chapter every day. What the frell happened.

Maybe if we collaborate, we could all write one fanfic at an acceptable rate.
Old May 2nd, 2009 (03:32 AM).
Sitting by the back window

Huh. Exactly what I was thinking.

I'm like, "what the frell (nice word, btw), the last chapter was written in November 2008. >.<"

I need to write faster. Or just write.
Old May 2nd, 2009 (05:22 AM).
Child of Time

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to .Ozymandias Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Ozymandias
Quote originally posted by txteclipse:
Fffff. Here I am, sitting at my PC with a word document open, two months, one week, one day, five hours, and twenty-nine minutes after my last chapter release. I've finished one page of the next installment.

I used to write a chapter every day. What the frell happened.

Maybe if we collaborate, we could all write one fanfic at an acceptable rate.
I have this problem. I'm writing at about a paragraph a week of A Darker Day, while some of the other stuff I'm writing I'm doing two chapters a week. But I am determined to get the next chapter finished this weekend, or else it'll just annoy me.

Friend Code

A Darker Day

Team Destiny

Theme

Old May 2nd, 2009 (11:57 AM).
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN.
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
I would try to fill up some of the plot holes, perhaps either skip or expand upon the gym battles (depending on whether I want a short series/movie or one of those series that goes on and on and on and on....)

BTW, I'll have a special surprise for y'all a bit later.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I will be going on a three month hiatus due to me not having regular internet outside of college. I will be back periodically to post at random times.

And for you stalkers... tonight I'm at the Quality Inn of Christiansburg, Virginia.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old May 2nd, 2009 (03:22 PM).
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
Since NE is done and all, won't be experiencing writing procrastination for a while. XD Seriously, there were days where I didn't feel like working on NE and the longest delay in which I didn't work on revising it and such is almost two months. Heck, there were times where I wanted to just scrap it all together after thinking some things weren't just working. However, I managed to stick to it at the end.

Have fun during your hiatus, DP! :D Also, HUGE THANK YOU FOR BETAING NE! OH, YOU TOO ASTINUS! Seriously, without you two, NE would be riddled with grammar mistakes. *hugs both of you*

Oh DP, cool surprise there. I really enjoyed that one shot when I read it. *goes read it again*
Old May 2nd, 2009 (05:17 PM).
get inked
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid

:D

Not really. I can't think of anything I'd change in the story. Speaking of which, Just a Brother is a year old...and still unfinished. I feel bad for neglecting it. :/ But so much came up that it was buried and then I got uninterested in Pokemon Special in general.
Old May 2nd, 2009 (05:20 PM).
Enter The Slasher House

Definitely not. Operation Main Frame is filled with foreshadowing and everything knits together at the end - the problem is not leaving anything out!
Old May 2nd, 2009 (05:46 PM).
Sitting by the back window

I saw "Just a Brother" and I'm like "Holy sh-" in my mind.

It's SSS! We were just talking about you. Or well, a week ago and just. :\ We're remaking the orgy...or were. :\

Yes...maybe...no? I dunno, probably. It's not epic enough as is, I guess. xD
Old May 3rd, 2009 (09:53 AM).
Hey, look, I was gone.

Yeah, I replied to my old topic a while ago.

What do you hate most in fan-fictions?

When they rip out the story and make a chapter full of random garbage.

*scene changes to Adolf Hitler juggling fish on a unicycle*
Old May 3rd, 2009 (01:32 PM). Edited May 3rd, 2009 by JX Valentine.
Your aquatic overlord

Congrats to Bay. Now, if only I could find the same drive.

Actually, how about I make it another topic to throw into the emboldenizer?

Gasp! Plot bunnies are on the attack, but you've got a brainchild to save! How do you keep from wandering off onto those other stories and leaving a poor abandoned fanfiction neglected and in the cold?

I'd answer this myself... except I actually have a problem with this. *whistles innocently and puts up yet another promise to finish MKD*

Quote originally posted by Knyaz Vladimir:
When they rip out the story and make a chapter full of random garbage.
...How many fanfics actually do this? Because I've only been reading chapters with relevant content. O_o

Except those ones that spout random crap to begin with, complete with the author's excuse being "I was high on sugar." That used to be the in thing to do. Now they just don't care enough to use an excuse at all, much less any sort of plot. Or humor. Oh, random fics. I used to write you all the time.

Anyway.

Quote:
Uh... wow. That's a broad topic right there.

So, instead, I'm going to break it down.

Jax's Fanfiction Rants In a Nutshell
Now with 30% more tangents!

Author's Attitude
1. Kids bragging about their fanfiction, saying they were well received elsewhere. We don't give a crap because we're not the same as an almost unheard-of board. Sorry, but it's true.
1a. Likewise, kids saying, "omg, my fanfiction is better than anything else here." Chances are, it's probably not.

2. Kids saying, "It's fanfiction, so I can do whatever I want!" No, you can't. Sorry, but that's the entire point to the word "fan" right there.

3. Kids saying, "No one cares about grammar/spelling!" Yes, we do. Seeing text that essentially says, "omglolololol and then she got a evie n said omg u r my pkmn!" is fine if you're doing one-liner posts in a chatroom. However, seeing an entire page of it makes people want to choke things cute and fluffy.
3a. So does, for that matter, people who use a disability, disorder, et cetera as an excuse. That's what a beta-reader is for. Sorry to say it, but I know someone who's practically blind and can barely see the screen for long periods of time and can still write awesome fic quite frequently.

Formatting
1. Anything but the default. Sorry, but I came to try reading your fanfiction, and if I can't because you decide to make your story *~*~*~*pretty*~*~*~* because it's *~*~*~*artistic*~*~*~*, chances are, what you're really doing is making me want to claw my eyes out because it actually physically hurts to read your story. Keeping in mind that I'm usually drunk, tired, hungover, in a dark room, or a combination of the above when I decide to fulfill review requests by going to your story, so yes.

Characterization
1. Lead character + lead character = OTP. It happens all the time, and while that floats a lot of people's boats, I cringe when I see a male and a female character decide to travel with each other now because of this. It does not, however, make me decide against continuing. I'm just saying it makes me cry because I know where this is going.

2. Recycled characters. If I have read an earlier work of yours (including RPGs) and am now reading a completely different and unrelated story that features the exact same character, that makes me hit the back button because it feels uncreative and like a lead-up to a Mary Sue, considering this must be your *~*favorite character ever*~*, given you won't let the stupid thing go.
2a. Canon characters don't count, nor do fanfics in the same universe. Obvious reasons here.

3. Badass male leads. Badass females are fine by me because I'm a bit of a feminist (or I enjoy watching men get beaten up by women), but to have a badass male -- usually dressed all in black and sporting kung-fu skills, firearm mastery, incredible talents with either magic or pokémon, or some combination of these or other traits that make them badass -- is just playing too much with masculine stereotypes. It's like the guys have to be awesome and hard in order to be main characters, but no, really, they don't. In fact, I much prefer my men to either be classy or wusses. Or even both. (Oh, Bill. I love writing about you.) Point is, it's just overdone and, frankly, not as interesting as watching a badass woman (and not the kind that just look pretty and give the badass male a hard time) and/or a not-so-hard man.

4. For that matter, predictable villains. Is your villain clearly evil? Are they trying to take over the world with a basic "capture this pokémon or get this mystical item + ??? = PROFIT" plan that isn't further detailed except to rape a prophecy or two? And is your clearly good character going over to try to stop them? Yeah, uh, sorry. While canon is full of these, it captures my interest even more if the actual antagonist isn't clearly defined. Mindscrew is awesome, guys, when it's done right. If you want a classic example, try The World Ends With You, where you don't know who's actually the villain until literally the last five minutes of the game. The ending made me flail and play that chapter over and over and over again, just because it's so awesome I can't even begin to describe it. (Not that I should because of its status as MASSIVE SPOILER HOLY CRAP.)

Oddly enough, I'm not as against general Mary Sues as I used to be. The reason why is because they just amuse me now.

Plot
1. Same plot, different names. As in, you read a fanfiction and say to yourself, "Oh, that's really cool! I'm going to do the same exact thing, only the names will be different! :D" Uh, please no. I can't tell you how many variations of essentially the same story have popped up since the advent of this fandom. Yes, the fandom is old. No, that doesn't mean you can't come up with something new and original. After all, how many fanfics have you read in this fandom about alien parasites that turn their human hosts into mutant, bloodthirsty (literally), sociopathic pokémon? If the answer is more than one, I'd like a link to the other one. No, seriously. This fandom needs more hard sci-fi. You'd think we'd have more of it because there's a lot of BS and Disney science, but unfortunately, no. (Come on, guys. There were people in the anime who are convinced pokémon came from space. Space, guys!)
1a. This includes, "I was inspired to do this by X's fanfiction." Yeah, uh, to me, that just says, "I'm too uncreative to come up with my own plot, so here's a rehashing of a fanfiction by someone who did it better."
1b. This also includes, "I'm going to be taking the standard tropes of this genre and not make a parody out of them because that's what makes this kind of fanfiction." For example, the kids in OT plots waking up late and getting unconventional starters as a result. Seriously, guys, are you all Ash Ketchum? You... you really can't think of any other way to start your story? Really?

2. PWP. It works for smut fic, not for anything serious.

3. Pointless comedy, usually stuff that relies on drugs, sex, swearing, and bodily functions to be humorous. No, saying the F word is not funny by itself.

There's probably more, but that's basically what makes me really cringe when reading a story.

Need some light reading?
Old May 3rd, 2009 (02:52 PM).
The Dreamer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I have a few pet peeves.
1) I’m going to have to agree with Knyaz Vladimir and say randomness / silliness. I don’t like silliness in the plot or anything like that, because to me, it’s not funny, it’s not wacky. All it does is to give me an excuse to hit the back-space button. It’s actually a bit weird, since I used to like reading silly fanfiction when I was younger, but now I can’t stand it.
2) When, after reviewing someone’s story where many grammar mistakes are made and the author replies to that and nods and says that they’ll fix it in the next chapter, they completely ignore it and keep on making the mistake. I can forgive it if the mistake is small like mixing up then / than as I know things like that can sometimes take a while to get down pat, but there’s no excuse for things like forgetting quotation marks, not spacing paragraphs or ignoring the use of a period.

…. Oh my, I seem to have mildly ranted. <.<

Quote:
Gasp! Plot bunnies are on the attack, but you've got a brainchild to save! How do you keep from wandering off onto those other stories and leaving a poor abandoned fanfiction neglected and in the cold?
Luckily, this doesn’t really happen to me. I do get swamped by plot bunnies, most of them mutated from previous plot bunnies, but all my plot bunnies are original fiction, not fanfiction. Since I’m too paranoid to let people criticize my original fiction, I refuse to write and only put them in my mental To-Publish folder to play around with later. Though, I do get Pokemon plot bunnies, but as long as I stop myself of thinking of plots or making Pokemon sheets for vague characters, I’ll be fine. Hopefully.
Old May 3rd, 2009 (03:05 PM).
Whoops.

Quote originally posted by Valentine:
There's probably more, but that's basically what makes me really cringe when reading a story.
...Yet it sounds so FREAKING HILARIOUS when you say it. How do you do this, Jax? How do you always do this? I just can't comprehend.

Yeah, I don't know if it really sounded like it, but that was a compliment. I'm currently verbally challenged because I'm processing a story. Yes, a new story, again. I have a quadrillion unfinished stories on my hard drive and I'm starting new ones.
Also, I've been reading books in Finnish again, so my mind isn't set on English right now. Sorry if I make any ridiculous mistakes. It happens.

Referring to what I said above, I don't think I'm qualified to answer this.

Normally, in situations like these, I try to get the bunnies out of my system. I think them over, exterminate the ones that weren't worthy of living anyway and write the average or good ideas up somewhere. I do this because I've noticed that it's kind of futile to force myself to work on a story I don't really feel like working on. It only causes aggressions and verbal blockages.

But, even if I direct my attention to the bunnies, I still tuck in the poor fic that's losing the attention. I pat its head and promise that I will wake it up one day. I won't leave it there to die, I'll just let it sleep for a while and then come back to it and gently wake it up again. I promise it that I'll never abandon it entirely!

...Although, I have abandoned some of my stories for quite a while. I'll still finish them before I die. I'm not intending on dying young, so I've got plenty of time. Yes. They're not dead. Only sleeping. *shifty eyes*

Did that help you, Jax, my dear? Nope, I don't think it did. Sorry. That's what I do when the bunnies attack, anyway.

WHEN PEOPLE WRITE CANON CHARACTERS COMPLETELY OOC JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT TO FORCE ROMANCE ON THEM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

After reading about a million Artemis Fowl x Holly Short fics, I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible for people to write casual, plausible romance when it comes to these two. Artemis is always either insane or lovey-dovey, both of which are completely OOC for him. Holly is always either dependent or helpless, qualities that the canon character wouldn't recognize even if they jumped in front of her and hit her in the face. I hate it. I HAAATEEE ITTT. Am I making myself clear? Am I? AM I?!

I don't have anything against shipping the two - on the contrary, actually - but I don't see why you always, always, always have to make them OOC and have them kiss and angst and whatnot. Things can be done in a more subtle way, in a way that could really happen, even in the canon.

This applies to everything else, too. I think Misty x Ash is a cute shipping and all, but it's just so not Ash to run around crying and getting depressed over Misty - or any other girl, really. Ash is just not like that. Likewise, I hate it when people write FF7 fics with a Vincent who is so OOC you can't even recognize him as Vincent and then have him fall in love with Yuffie/Cid/Cloud/whoever. That's not Vincent. Please don't claim it's Vincent when it clearly isn't. AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR?!

So, long story short, I guess what really bugs me are canon characters written OOC. It's just even worse when it's done for the sake of Forced Romance(tm).That's also why I tend to avoid writing about canon characters; I'm really afraid of messing them up without really realizing it and writing something I'd hate to read. That'd kill me. At least a bit.

I'd add so much description the director of the movie or series simply couldn't mess it up. Depending on the fic, I might add some witty lines or epic scenes, or I might not do that. I would also add my contact information to every chapter so that director would be forced to contact me... I've seen enough books made into movies fail so miserably, I wouldn't let anyone turn my fiction into anything visual without forcing them to ask me about every minor detail.

HARRY'S EYES ARE NOT BLUE GODDAMNIT. PLEASE READ THE BOOK.
SARUMAN DID NOT DIE LIKE THAT. GIVE ME THE COOL HOBBITS PLZKTHX.

...I could just go on about this forever.

Fanfiction:Mama's Boy|World Saviour Sora-chan (parody)|
One shots: The Elevator|Once in a Forest Fire|

I'm currently more reachable at The BBS.
You should come, too. We have cookies. No, seriously!
Old May 3rd, 2009 (03:29 PM). Edited May 3rd, 2009 by txteclipse.
Across the eons...
Gold Tier

I don't. There's so many stories backlogged in my mind right now that it's not even funny. Although I suppose the term "backlogged" implies that I simply don't write said plot bunnies for the sake of my two major fics, which is actually true.

See Jax's fanfiction rants in a nutshell.

EDIT: Forgot to mention incompatible person/creature/object x incompatible person/creature/object. Too many times I've run into a fic that includes a bizarre or downright disturbing relationship just to be "edgy" or "unique."

Anyway, I've had a problem for a while now (gee, really txt?). I've planned so far ahead with one of my fics that it's killing me to keep the plot contained in my brain. And it's taking me so long to write up to those points that I feel like just clicking into my fic thread and going "holy crap this is all the awesome stuff that's about to happen!" In other words, I've got an itchy trigger finger, and my gun's firing spoilers. Is there any way to alleviate the tension without ruining my fic for my readers?
Old May 3rd, 2009 (04:45 PM).
Clain
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
by the by, I have two more ideas/stories on the way.

One of them will be co-authored and will be another disaster themed one (with less blood, hehe)

And the other one will be based off Ash and friends I believe (that will be darker).

Sponsored Links