The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old May 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
PI Hudson
Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!

Nature: Modest
This can also start you at a certain location too.

Hopefully works in all Hoenn Games

Video - youtube.com/watch?v=Jmk4-h7ROcY

(using A-map 1.92, and XSE 1.1.1)
  1. Open the truck map(25.40) place the tile 206 on all the tiles.
  2. Open block editor and edit blocks 206, 20D, 215, and, 21D to be all black.
  3. Go to events and delete person events
  4. Go to header and remove one script by hitting remove.
  5. Change the current script type to '05 On entering map/on menu close'.
  6. Hit open script. delete all lines that don't have '#org' or 'end' in them.
  7. To end up at a warp point, put 'warpmuted 0x* 0x** 0x*** 0x0 0x0' before end
  8. To end up in a chosen space without warp, put 'warpmuted 0x* 0x** 0xFF 0x*!* 0x*^*' before end
*=map bank #
**=map #
***=which warp on map
*!*=X position(shown in bottom left status bar on hover in A-map)
*^*=Y position("same as above")

Here's an example that would bring you in front of professor birch in his lab
Code:
#org 0x.....
warpmuted 0x1 0x4 0xFF 0x6 0x5
end
All numbers in Hex

Last edited by PI Hudson; May 22nd, 2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: edited to work with all versions
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
If this would be useful in RS, then it's great!
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:05 PM
PI Hudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
If this would be useful in RS, then it's great!
Updated to work with all versions, but may need further testing
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Even if this work somehow, it's way unprofessional IMHO. You can clearly see the player in the modified truck before it gets warped in the new map.
That, and the fact you need to edit the map/tiles/scripts doesn't really fancy me. Here's a video so you can see the way I made it and compare it with yours.
BTW, why calling it a script when it's actually pure ASM?
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:29 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

That's a little needless isn't it...
http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/news-440
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:02 AM
PI Hudson

I couldn't find a way to do it before so I tried to do it myself. I succeeded, but I do agree that this seems pointless now, since the other way is easier.

to hackmew: editing the tiles wouldn't do much because its four tiles that are only used in that map. In the script we are editing, we don't even know what it does since it has only the cmda6 command. You don't have to use this map either. You could create a new one and use it as the starting point with your SMCA and warp to the truck, if you so desire. But I'm under the impression that if people want to have the truck effects off also means they don't want the truck either.

Also, you probably used the transparent color instead of black. For info on that, look at the Tutorial video I made in the original post.

Last edited by PI Hudson; May 22nd, 2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:48 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
That's a little needless isn't it...
http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/news-440
While it works, some setmaptiles aren't removed and, most important, no music is being played at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI Hudson View Post
I couldn't find a way to do it before so I tried to do it myself. I succeeded, but I do agree that this seems pointless now, since the other way is easier.

to hackmew: editing the tiles wouldn't do much because its four tiles that are only used in that map. In the script we are editing, we don't even know what it does since it has only the cmda6 command. You don't have to use this map either. You could create a new one and use it as the starting point with your SMCA and warp to the truck, if you so desire. But I'm under the impression that if people want to have the truck effects off also means they don't want the truck either.

Also, you probably used the transparent color instead of black. For info on that, look at the Tutorial video I made in the original post.
No, I didn't use any trasparent color or workarounds like that ( e.g. changing any script or tiles or whatever). I simply hacked the truck routine and removed anything that was causing the shaking, sounds and the rest. Anyway, replacing that cmdA6 with a warpmuted command isn't a really good idea because warpmuted needs more bytes so you will end up overwriting data unless you repoint the whole script. Needless to say, overwriting data isn't good and can easily cause side effects.

Last edited by HackMew; May 22nd, 2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
PI Hudson

Oh, I misread your post, Hackmew. I thought you were implying that you used my idea.

No, you can't see the sprite because the tile is made so that the top part can not be seen through. You just get an extra second or less of black after the size down thing.

And your right on the part of bytes, too. I thought XSE would find free space instead of overwriting data that isn't FF.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
That's if you select, um, defactoring in the decompile options.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links