Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support
Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:14 AM
processr
Community Supporter Tier 5

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ΩGodotΩ View Post
Plus, if you are even here, you've had English classes and you have had to make those nasty (not really) 500 word essays to be old enough to understand online. If you haven't gone through English you are not old enough to be here in the first place!
Not everyone is from a anglophone country, y'know. Many people will have learnt English as a foreign language in school or in their own time, and as the mean age of members on PC seems to be around fourteen or fifteen it's doubtful that they've written even short essays in the language. Protip: your own country =/= centre of the world.
Old May 15th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribulations View Post
Not everyone is from a anglophone country, y'know. Many people will have learnt English as a foreign language in school or in their own time, and as the mean age of members on PC seems to be around fourteen or fifteen it's doubtful that they've written even short essays in the language. Protip: your own country =/= centre of the world.
Although the United States is not really the center, other countries to even have internet access must at least have the intelligence to educate in their language, and same must apply if they are learning English, it CANNOT be that hard.

Plus, I'm Mexican >_>, and even in Mexico we have that education.
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ΩGodotΩ View Post
Although the United States is not really the center, other countries to even have internet access must at least have the intelligence to educate in their language, and same must apply if they are learning English, it CANNOT be that hard.

Plus, I'm Mexican , and even in Mexico we have that education.
So? That is Mexico. It shares the border with an English speaking country! People in Europe sure could learn it but how bout the members from the Middle east and Asia? Not all people here can speak english or have done English lessons. Here for students to do so per year they have to pay over 100 euros for going to a lesson after school for over 7 years. Thats a lot of money and some people cannot afford it. Also the 25 limit thing is perfect. Over that would be ridiculous cause the forum games would be boring(when has a game ever been forced into boring land?) not to mention some stuff don't need more then 5 sentences.
Old May 15th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I don't think you understood me well, I meant English as in the educational Literature class, not the language >.<
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Mika555
Trainer

I received a warning about swearing or censor bypass in my message I do not recall doing any of the two. Does it has to do with the e-mail that I receive from the site that end up in the my spam mail? Though I did add the e-mail address to the address book just a few minutes ago.
Mika555
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Rukario

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika555 View Post
I received a warning about swearing or censor bypass in my message I do not recall doing any of the two. Does it has to do with the e-mail that I receive from the site that end up in the my spam mail? Though I did add the e-mail address to the address book just a few minutes ago.
your recent one should have been a custom warning.. can't say it went through properly though as we were under that DDoS attack at the time.. If you want more clarification as to what it is for, PM me.
- Rukario -

Twinned with Jedi_Amara | Paired with Your Name Here | Lil Sis Kimi-Chan | Sig

Old May 31st, 2009, 08:37 AM
Pokemon12345678901
Good Bye

Nature: Quiet
Is there a way to get rid of infractions faster than waiting the normal time period?
Good bye
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM
processr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon12345678901 View Post
Is there a way to get rid of infractions faster than waiting the normal time period?
Nope, you suffer for your misdemeanours until the full amount of time has passed.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:48 AM
Franceschi
a.k.a justin timberlake

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Franceschi Send a message via Skype™ to Franceschi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon12345678901 View Post
No, sorry. The infractions and warnings stay there for the timed allegated, unless a staff member sees fit to reverse - that said, it's very rare for that to happen. You're just going to have to wait it out and the infraction will expire when it expires.

Old June 12th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
How long does it take for a Expired Infraction to disappear off your Control Panel? And do Infractions ever disappear off your profile page?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old June 12th, 2009, 12:09 PM
processr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
How long does it take for a Expired Infraction to disappear off your Control Panel?
Depends. Each infraction should have a date by which they expire displayed next to them.

Quote:
And do Infractions ever disappear off your profile page?
Only the staff and yourself can see them.
Old June 12th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
How long does it take for a Expired Infraction to disappear off your Control Panel? And do Infractions ever disappear off your profile page?
Infractions and Warnings expire after a set time period set by the issuer, however the only way for them to actually be removed from your CP is for an Admin to wipe them off or a server reset.
Since the only people that can see them are the Staff and You, if you don't want to see them anymore, you'll have to just collapse that section in you CP home by clicking the arrows in the upper right side of that section.
Equipment:
Custom PC, MacBook Pro (MBPr), 3DSxl Blue, 3DS Midnight Purple, iPhone 4S Green
Old June 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Kyouya
"baddest of the bad"

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kyouya Send a message via Yahoo to Kyouya
I have a question how can some who is booted off be online
Thing I've learned
I couldn't leave Pc if I tried
If nippon ichi isn't making soul nomad 2 I will This I swear

Favorite games
1.Soul Nomad
2.Shining force exa
3.most dbz fighting games
4.naruto ultimate ninja 2 (shino chidori ftw)
5.God eater/Disgaea/Mass effect
Thing I've Noticed
That I'm coming up with Random stuff to make the scroll bar activate
I'm an angry person
Random quotes

"Who's the baddest of the bad, maddest of the mad, killer of kings, and destroyer of worlds"-gig
"Everyone needs to die."-revya
Alt account
Kyo The pro

Old June 26th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Counterfeit

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
Look around more in future:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183656
eram quod es, eris quod sum
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Kazukii
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
I know this is a little late but I may as well ask.. I got an infraction a few months back (hasn't expired) for one spam message worth 3 points. But after looking at the table on page one it says "constant spam" equals 3 points.. I don't think I'd made any previous spammy posts.
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:13 AM
MastaMind
Beginning Trainer

aite i get it for the most part. Its gonna take some getting used to. not used to all this rules.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Sonic YE
Pokemon Special Fan

Hi,

I presently have a question about the Double-Posting.
Let's say you create a thread for a question and one-two days laters, you get no reply. What is considered to be a Double-Post? Do reply after one week without any answer are considered Double-Post or Up?

If of course, we don't revive a thread before 1 month passed.

Thank for your help,

EDIT: Small question not about rules, I'm sometimes having trouble with posting, we say "You can only post URL after 15 posts, but I did not insert any URL! Thanks again.
Old August 19th, 2009, 04:44 AM
ShinyMeganium
Trainer

Yesterday (pretty much), I got a link to another forum/website in a PM from "Electivire_is_awesome" (and honestly who gives a damn if he'll see that), so I reported him. Today I got an infraction for advertising another site though a PM, by the user "Went". I never did that, and I don't haveany intentions to, mainly because this site and a site that's obvious for everyone are the only Pokemon sites I use.

The (important) content of Went's post was that:
Quote:
Reason: Linking to other forums

The staff member who issued the infraction has included the following message:

Advertising other forums via PM is against the rules :x You can have a link in your signature, but telling other members to join them is not allowed, sorry.
The content of "Electivire_is_awesome"'s post was that:
Quote:
hey