• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm here:

sanstitrelri.png

I no see how can I save now.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2009
how do you remove something saved to an INI?

i accidently saved some text the My pokemon rubys ini using advanced text, how can i remove it?

Torn Wings

These wings protect me...
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2009
Hey.
I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby. I changed the Starter Pokemon to Victreebell and replaced the Victreebell with Mime Jr. But, when I click on the Pokeball in the beginning it says 'FLYCATCHER POKEMON'. How do I change this to 'MIME POKEMON'?

Thanks!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey.
I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby. I changed the Starter Pokemon to Victreebell and replaced the Victreebell with Mime Jr. But, when I click on the Pokeball in the beginning it says 'FLYCATCHER POKEMON'. How do I change this to 'MIME POKEMON'?

Thanks!
You can look for it in Advance Text, or, you can use a hex editor with a text table finder.

I think YAPE can find this too... I dunno

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Not an ENTIRE safari zone, I just want to make one wild battle a safari type scenario, my use is for getting the starter Pokemon of the game, but all I have come up with includes _______? question mark instant-death thing.(missingno.)

I actually just asked this (in the scripting thread though) - the response:

special 0xCD turns on Safari Zone battling...
special 0xCE turns it off...

Mind you, when turned on, the step and ball counter and Safari Zone menu is activated when using the former command. In addition, you are warped back to the Safari Zone when your balls or steps run out. Consider that since it is technically possible to run out steps before encountering a battle or balls before the battle is done, you would be warped back to the Safari Zone entrance immediately after these event occur. This might cause a "glitch" in your game. Also, this style does not apply when using the wildbattle command, so as far as I know there is no way to initiate a Safari Zone-style battle without walking into grass, water, fishing, etc. Hope this helped you.

So it seems it's a no go on specific wild battles.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hoenn Map

What number is the Hoenn map on Unlz. GBA for Emerald? Can someone please tell me!

Larsie13

What number is the Hoenn map on Unlz. GBA for Emerald? Can someone please tell me!
Well, if you have patience, I have posted a tutorial on how to change the worldmap on R/S/E about half an hour ago. It just needs to be accepted by a moderator.
If you don't have patience, it should be around 245, but if you change it with unLZ, the colors will mess up. Just wait for my tutorial to appear.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2012
I have been looking every where but can't seem to find anything to help me with my problem.

How do I play Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians.

I have downloaded the beta 3.1 as shown on the Ruby Destiny thread and I push the open button in my Visual boy. NOTHING, simply nothing happens.. What do I do so I can play??

Thanks to the person who can answer me on this question.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Well, if you have patience, I have posted a tutorial on how to change the worldmap on R/S/E about half an hour ago. It just needs to be accepted by a moderator.
If you don't have patience, it should be around 245, but if you change it with unLZ, the colors will mess up. Just wait for my tutorial to appear.

Can you be more specific? Does it have to be 16-bit colour or 256-bit colour etc? Could you provide a link to your tutorial, please? I've been trying to find out how to do this for ages!

EDIT: Sorry, almost forgot to say thanks: Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2014
Ok well im working on a Fire Red hack and I have these pokeballs that I want when you click them that you get the pokemon inside.

I want you to be able to get all of them.

This is the script I used
Code:
#org 0x880032B
'-----------------------------------
checkflag 0xEEEE
if 0x1 jump 0x8800348 ' Equal To
addpokemon 0x229 0x3C 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0xEEEE
end

#org 0x8800348
'-----------------------------------
end

Any help?

(I wouldnt let me post a picture)

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Answer

I have been looking every where but can't seem to find anything to help me with my problem.

How do I play Pokemon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians.

I have downloaded the beta 3.1 as shown on the Ruby Destiny thread and I push the open button in my Visual boy. NOTHING, simply nothing happens.. What do I do so I can play??

When you open the rom, is there a white flash? If so, click on 'Options' then at the bottom click on 'Flash'. Select '128k' to play R/S roms.

Larsie13

Can you be more specific? Does it have to be 16-bit colour or 256-bit colour etc? Could you provide a link to your tutorial, please? I've been trying to find out how to do this for ages!

EDIT: Sorry, almost forgot to say thanks: Thanks!
Well, as I said, my tutorial isn't approved yet. I other words, you can't find it in the Documents & Tutorials section yet. Anyway, it's in 256 color mode.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2014
Also if on pokescript you chose generate code and chose battle player, enter trainer I.D, and let it come up then hit compile add copy the first code and paste it over the 000000.
Will it work because it doesnt look like the code works.
Code:
#dyn 0x800000
#org @begin
trainerbattle 0x0 0x14F 0x0 @intro @defeat
end
#org @intro
= Sir the Pokemon you are looking for \p are behind me!!! \p But if you want them you have \p to beat me!!

#org @defeat
= Yes, sir you make take them[.]

Is this the right code?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Sorry to bother again, but I think my question got skipped.

Shiny Green Latias (Earlier in the thread ) said:
Hi, I'm back with another question.

You know AdvanceMap? Well, there's a problem.
In header, the top section, there's a grayed out button called
"Create Name" and in it's number box is 5, but that's grayed out.

Can anyone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back