• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
raycrow x-your script is not very good it says: "too less parameters on line 3.the correct number is 6."
and doesn't work.....

I took the liberty to fix his script.
The problem is that the script is supposed to have another pointer for 0x1 type battles.

Here you go

Spoiler:

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @msg1 0x6
checkflag 0x828
givepokemon 0x178 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1000
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

#org @msg1
= A finaly you come, I must\ntell something importment\llisten carefully. As you know I\lwork fore the weather station. I\lhave a specail mission now and we\lneed your help! Take this\lcastform, and head the the\lweather station.I will be there!
probs with the script above.
the people where you talked fade away ( that;s what i wanted!)
he works but if i go in a building and thebn outside he is back * that;s not wat i want.

what do i wrong?

and the hex number of the pokemon is worng it;s now a absol inplaats van een castform

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
this is the rocket script:
'---------------
#org 0x80CD5A
trainerbattle 0x1 0x331 0x0 0x8814D5E 0x8814DB4 0x880D19C
setflag 0x4E
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x80D19C
lock
msgbox 0x8814DC6 MSG_NORMAL '"Little brat next time we gonna\nbe..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x814D5E
= Little brat,this time MEW goes\nwith US!
#org 0x814DB4
= Not again!!!!!!
#org 0x814DC6
= Little brat next time we gonna\nbeat you,let's retreat!

after I beat them they say let's retreat but don't dissaper,what have I done wrong?

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
special

So i put what you put in bold on top of my script. And al goes well with the givepokemon script. But when you have your eevee, your mom should heal your pokemon from then on. The problem is she doesnt. Anythoughts on that?

The script as it is now.

Spoiler:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
0m3GA: Thanks for correcting it. I though I knew how it worked, but I guess I didn't. Now I know, thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i put what you put in bold on top of my script. And al goes well with the givepokemon script. But when you have your eevee, your mom should heal your pokemon from then on. The problem is she doesnt. Anythoughts on that?

The script as it is now.

It's supposed to do that because that's what I programmed it to do. Like I said in my original post, you would have to set the HEALFLAG to get her to begin healing your Pokemon, which I thought you could do at Viridian City or something like that. I thought you didn't want her to heal them right away because you had the countpokemon AND the flag. But now I understand what you want and have corrected the script in accordance. Keep in mind this could have been avoided had you specified exactly what you wanted your script to do in the first place.

Spoiler:

I wasn't sure when you wanted her to say "Your father would have been so proud" so I just had her say it after you get Eevee.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2014
Ok well im working on a Fire Red hack and I have these pokeballs that I want when you click them that you get the pokemon inside.

I want you to be able to get all of them.

This is the script I used
Code:
#org 0x880032B
'-----------------------------------
checkflag 0xEEEE
if 0x1 jump 0x8800348 ' Equal To
addpokemon 0x229 0x3C 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0xEEEE
end

#org 0x8800348
'-----------------------------------
end
Any help?

(I wouldnt let me post a picture)

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
Can anyone give me a list of important flags and its functions...
I want to make a script like:
I begin the game in my room then my mom comes and says " [PLAYER]! Go to sleep you have to get up early tomorrow and choose your starter pokemon"
The mom remains on the stairs till I sleep.and then I sleep and the next day arrives and mom is not on the stairs blocking the way

Kolossus

Dialouge Master
Years
Basic Help!

Hey everyone, sorry for the noob question. I have been looking all morning and have yet to see a simple answet to this. I change some of the script from the game, then I try to save, but it just makes a new file for that script! Then when I close the script and open it again, it opens the old script. I can open mine, but it opens in a new tab. Even when I go 'compile' it still saves as a new file. Any thoughts on how I can implement my script?

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
applymovement

Thx for the help with the specialheal givepokemon script combo. Have a problem with the next applymovement script. He dosn't go where he needs to go. Th person should go 3 steps up first then 3 steps left and finally 4 steps up before ending up where he should end up.

Here's the script as i compiled it.

Spoiler:

Can you help?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Can anyone give me a list of important flags and its functions...
I want to make a script like:
I begin the game in my room then my mom comes and says " [PLAYER]! Go to sleep you have to get up early tomorrow and choose your starter pokemon"
The mom remains on the stairs till I sleep.and then I sleep and the next day arrives and mom is not on the stairs blocking the way

I just made a similar script. Tested and it works.

For the mom, place a script at the entranceway. Give the mom the ID 2c and apply a var number to the script. I used 5050 which works fine. Place the mom sprite in the entranceway. Alter the code below to your liking ... (if you use a different number for the var, change the corresponding number in the code - DON'T change 2C - if you're not hacking Fire Red, though, I'm not sure if it will work). You might be able to put this all into one code.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800000
lockall
goto 0x80000c
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x800000
showsprite 0x1
sound 0x9
showsprite 0x1
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8169B91
applymovement 0x1 0x8169868
waitmovement 0x1
applymovement 0x1 0x81A75E1
textcolor 0x0
msgbox 0x818E272 MSG_KEEPOPEN
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x1 0x81A75D1
sound 0x9
waitmovement 0x1
hidesprite 0x1
setflag 0x2C
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18E272
= MOM: [player]! Get to bed!\nIt's 11:00! You should be asleep!\pGo to bed and don't forget to\nchange into your pajamas!

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x169B91
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0x1 'Face Up
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x169868
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)

#org 0x1A75E1
#raw 0x4A 'Face Player

#org 0x1A75D1
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)

Change the movements to match what you want. In mine the mom comes upstairs, so this works best.

Then apply a signpost to the bed with this sort of code:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800057
msgbox 0x818E4CA MSG_KEEPOPEN
closeonkeypress
fadescreen 0x1
pause 0x1E
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x1
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18E4CA
= [player] went to sleep\nand dreamed of getting your 1st\pPOKéMON!

Any questions please ask. The org#s are what I used for mine. Somebody who's better at scripting might be able to help you more as well with an easier way or something ...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
hello iam trying to make a shiny lugia battle similer to the red garydos one and i replaced the shiny sprite with a shadow lugia one and i was wondering how do i use that progam to make the battle shiny every time ?

Mortifiier

*blank*
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
Issues with Gary Fight

Hey, I've been at this for a few hours now and can't figure it out. I wrote a script similar to the Gary battle scripts in FireRed (BPRE) using XSE. The actual trainer is a Team Rocket member, though I don't think it matters.

Basically, this guy walks on-screen, tells you to stop, then runs up to you and insults you a bit before starting a battle with you. These movements work properly. The battle also starts and finishes correctly. However...

...after the battle finishes, the applymovement code to make this Team Rocket member walk off-screen works, but the camera centers on him. And once the movements are completed (i.e. he would normally be off-screen) the game transfers movement control to this character.

I'm no longer the basic red Ash-like sprite. I'm now a Team Rocket sprite that can move around, although the movement permissions go berserk at this point and I can hardly move at all. That's only if I don't include the hidesprite command. If I leave that in there, I become the Team Rocket sprite, move off-screen, and then the sprite gets hidden, so the game freezes and I can't move anything anymore.

Here's my code:

Spoiler:

Please note:

I've tested multiple types of the trainerbattle command. All the Gary battles in the game use 0x3, which is what I tried to do, but I get the same control-transfer problem with 0x0 and 0x1, so please don't suggest that.

The scripts squares are set properly on the map, and all the movements to the Team Rocket sprite execute properly.

Somehow the trainerbattle command is causing this problem, even though it's coded fine and the actual battle works.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can fix this :)

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
hey guys im just wondering what music number do i put in the fanfare command to make that nose like when you open a secret door or a switch, like a *kachunk* noise?

TheMantyke

Don't use ThunderBolt
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
Hi, I'm brand new to hacking and need a bit of help with a very basic component to scripting.

I've scoured this thread and the guides, but I haven't found an explanation as to how you find the dynamic offset in XSE or in any other program. It says that I can find it with a free space finder and that one of those can be found in Advanced Map, but I'm still clueless as to where exactly the offset finder is and how I can use it in my script.

If it will help anyone help me, this is exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a ROM in which pokemon #152-386 can be obtained before the Elite 4. I need to activate the national dex very early in-game, so I've made a script that gives it to you right after you deliver Oak's Parcel... However, it's filled with holes and I don't know which codes correspond to the right offsets, message and flag.

I would really appriciate help here so I could finally get what I'm doing off the ground.

Here's the script I've made that needs to be fixed up.
#dynamic 0x$16929F

#org @NPD
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x
setflag 0x829
release
end

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Hi, I'm brand new to hacking and need a bit of help with a very basic component to scripting.

I've scoured this thread and the guides, but I haven't found an explanation as to how you find the dynamic offset in XSE or in any other program. It says that I can find it with a free space finder and that one of those can be found in Advanced Map, but I'm still clueless as to where exactly the offset finder is and how I can use it in my script.

If it will help anyone help me, this is exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a ROM in which pokemon #152-386 can be obtained before the Elite 4. I need to activate the national dex very early in-game, so I've made a script that gives it to you right after you deliver Oak's Parcel... However, it's filled with holes and I don't know which codes correspond to the right offsets, message and flag.

I would really appriciate help here so I could finally get what I'm doing off the ground.

Here's the script I've made that needs to be fixed up.

Well you get a really good free space finder called free space finder (FSF) in the toolbox thread in the emulation directory where it says Hackmews toolbox, has some tools there that i use frequently. and nobody can really help you if you dont tell us what tool your using i.e. XSE, pokescript (which sucks:P), etc and what your script is suposed to do exactly. I hope you can get started and i'm expecting to see something in the scrapbox very soon;)

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Hey guys I'm working on making an applymovement script in leafgreen with xse and the script works fine, but I want to make it so that when you come down the stairs (entering the map) the script will run. Instead, I have to step off of the tile and step back on it for the script to work.

What I'm wondering is if I need to make level scripts (if so, is there any tutorials for it?) for it to work, or if a script on a warp just won't work.

TheMantyke

Don't use ThunderBolt
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
Well you get a really good free space finder called free space finder (FSF) in the toolbox thread in the emulation directory where it says Hackmews toolbox, has some tools there that i use frequently. and nobody can really help you if you dont tell us what tool your using i.e. XSE, pokescript (which sucks:P), etc and what your script is suposed to do exactly. I hope you can get started and i'm expecting to see something in the scrapbox very soon;)

I don't think I forgot those things... :/

But reguardless, that you for the info on FSF, I had overlooked that...

More help is still appreciated from anybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back