• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
that UNLZ really hates me,I've tried to replace the 1st empty slot with a magmortar here's the magmortar it's indexed:
3448oqd.png

when I find the empty slot(it's look this ?? with green back color)and then I insert the magmortar I just see nothing,no picture I replaced the offset with 800010 that I found on unlz and did anything and this is my final result:
2vvkkk0.png
ignore my missingno

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
hey, I wanna have a shiny at the start of the game. How do i do this?

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Um...that's looks a little hard Hackmew :(

Is there a simpler way? such as a tool or something.

School days again...
Years
that UNLZ really hates me,I've tried to replace the 1st empty slot with a magmortar here's the magmortar it's indexed:
3448oqd.png

when I find the empty slot(it's look this ?? with green back color)and then I insert the magmortar I just see nothing,no picture I replaced the offset with 800010 that I found on unlz and did anything and this is my final result:
2vvkkk0.png
ignore my missingno

Did you replace both offsets? Or try this tutorial:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154220

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
ZodiacDaGreat made one. Eventually you can wait for mine.

Ok. I'll wait for yours, seen as you make some awesome tools around here. Anyway, I have a problem.

I read through some indexing and inserting sprite tuts, and decided to give it a go. The front sprite comes out just fine, but for some reason the pallette on the back comes out messed up :S.

What I did was went to the sprite I wanted to change, inported my sprite (16 bit colour depth), click Write to ROM, put in a blank offset, ticked Export image, auto fix point, and abort if big, then clicked ok. then click Write to rom again, the unticked export image and ticked export pallette.

I then did the exact same thing for the bakc spirte, but obviously I went to the bakc sprite of the one I wanted to change. put in a new offset etc, and generally did the same thing. But ti comes out wrong? Halp.

Years
Ok. I'll wait for yours, seen as you make some awesome tools around here. Anyway, I have a problem.

I read through some indexing and inserting sprite tuts, and decided to give it a go. The front sprite comes out just fine, but for some reason the pallette on the back comes out messed up :S.

What I did was went to the sprite I wanted to change, inported my sprite (16 bit colour depth), click Write to ROM, put in a blank offset, ticked Export image, auto fix point, and abort if big, then clicked ok. then click Write to rom again, the unticked export image and ticked export pallette.

I then did the exact same thing for the bakc spirte, but obviously I went to the bakc sprite of the one I wanted to change. put in a new offset etc, and generally did the same thing. But ti comes out wrong? Halp.

Did you make the backsprite's pallete the shiny pallete used for the Pokémon? Did you put a blank offset for the pallete as well?

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Did you make the backsprite's pallete the shiny pallete used for the Pokémon? Did you put a blank offset for the pallete as well?

No. It is the normal pallette and i did not put a blank offset for the pallette as the tutorial said not to.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I have a few questions these are all on fire red.

1. On other peoples roms when you beat a gym leader it will say there name and give you badge but i can't change that on advance text it still says [player] got boulderbadge from brock how do i cnage it.

2.on the intro bit before you choose your name and stuff where it tells you the buttons people have changed that how do i?

3.How do i make an IPS file and put it up for download?

1. Don't use AdvanceText for things like that. Create your own scripts using a tool like XSE. :/

2. That's the kind of thing you use AdvanceText for. Search for some of the text in the intro, and then edit it.

3. You can use a tool called Lunar IPS (LIPS). It both patches and creates patches. To put it up for download, you can use a sharing site like MediaFire or SendSpace, or you can attach it to one of your posts.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Are their any tuts out there that can help you understand ASM and teach you how to incorporate it in the game?

Not to the best of my knowledge.
I know there are some ARM/THUMB based instruction manuals and reference sheets around the net, but none of them are as easy to understand as HackMew's or The^4's tuts...
We'll have to wait...

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Not to the best of my knowledge.
I know there are some ARM/THUMB based instruction manuals and reference sheets around the net, but none of them are as easy to understand as HackMew's or The^4's tuts...
We'll have to wait...

okay thanks but I have a problem

I made trainer's on Pet and put them into the scripts. The wierd thing sis when I click on some numbers on PEt the numbers change to the next one. So when I finished making my trainer, I would jus save, then reload the ROM, and put the numbers that were there into the script. But when I tried it ingame, I would get a different trainer. This is probably from getting the wrong number

my question is what is a accurate way to get the write number to put in the script?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
okay thanks but I have a problem

I made trainer's on Pet and put them into the scripts. The wierd thing sis when I click on some numbers on PEt the numbers change to the next one. So when I finished making my trainer, I would jus save, then reload the ROM, and put the numbers that were there into the script. But when I tried it ingame, I would get a different trainer. This is probably from getting the wrong number

my question is what is a accurate way to get the write number to put in the script?

Hmm,im not sure of your problem,but switch to A-Trainer.Its a lot easier to nuderstand and better in my opinino.Its in hack-mews tool factory.

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
Years
So liek, hai everyone.
I'm working on a Pokemon hack, and I need one simple question answered, that I haven't found asked anywhere else before.
So, when I edit the cry of a Pokemon in PokeCry GUI, I have no idea how to do it, so I click the "..." button at the top-right, to load the Ruby ROMfile, then I load the WAV file, and this is the bit I need help with. What am I supposed to click? What I've been doing is pressing "Check Rom," then "Repoint," and all the way through until I get to "Dump". I load my ROM up in VBA, and the screen's just all white. I've got a backup ROM, but can someone help me here?

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2010
Hi, I'm looking to remove the starting copyright and title screen in Pokemon platinum; or at least tell the game to skip it and instead immediately start up with the blue continue/new game/option screen.

I'm trying to speed up the time it takes to start the game. The topics on this forum only go as far as editing the title screen.

Years
I'm annoyed with unLZ.GBA right now. You know when it aborts your changes because the size is too big. Well, the little three digit code that pops up is the amount of bytes needed in hex, right? So, in FSF, I converted it to the DEC equivalent and searched for an offset with enough free space. I replace the image offset with my new offset and click Write to ROM. I think that the image has changed, but when I go off of the page with the image on, and then return to it again, it is still in it's original form, as if I had done nothing. The offset is also the original offset. It's happened to me with at least seven different images, but it only happens if the size is greater than before.

I've tried multiple times to solve this problem, but failed everytime. It happens on every ROM I try, clean or not. Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So liek, hai everyone.
I'm working on a Pokemon hack, and I need one simple question answered, that I haven't found asked anywhere else before.
So, when I edit the cry of a Pokemon in PokeCry GUI, I have no idea how to do it, so I click the "..." button at the top-right, to load the Ruby ROMfile, then I load the WAV file, and this is the bit I need help with. What am I supposed to click? What I've been doing is pressing "Check Rom," then "Repoint," and all the way through until I get to "Dump". I load my ROM up in VBA, and the screen's just all white. I've got a backup ROM, but can someone help me here?

That tool is really difficult to master, and it's not a safe tool for hacking, for it may cause glitches in your game.

I'm annoyed with unLZ.GBA right now. You know when it aborts your changes because the size is too big. Well, the little three digit code that pops up is the amount of bytes needed in hex, right? So, in FSF, I converted it to the DEC equivalent and searched for an offset with enough free space. I replace the image offset with my new offset and click Write to ROM. I think that the image has changed, but when I go off of the page with the image on, and then return to it again, it is still in it's original form, as if I had done nothing. The offset is also the original offset. It's happened to me with at least seven different images, but it only happens if the size is greater than before.

I've tried multiple times to solve this problem, but failed everytime. It happens on every ROM I try, clean or not. Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

delete the file with the .spr extension file in the same folder where your ROM is located. that way, you can see your new sprites in Unlz-GBA... Though they are no longer together with the other old sprites...

Also, I think if you search for free offsets manually with hex, you'll get a higher success rate.

But if you wish to use FSF, then you can ask HackMew on how to search for free space properly.

Also, you should receive a pop-up that the new sprite has been repointed successfully if you gave unlz a new offset for it to repoint the new image.

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
Years
So, um, what do I do then? I have a custom Pokemon that is ESSENTIAL for this game. If I can't edit the cry, is there some way I can swap it with another Pokemon's? I don't want to write this one over an existing Pokemon in unLZ, so I've got it on a blank space. How can I give it a certain cry?

Also, do I have to use hex codes for the "ID" area in PokeCry? Or just the Pokemon's Pokedex number? Because I've tried both of them, and neither worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back