The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2009, 04:24 PM
PlatniumPiano
You are now breathing manually

Nature: Lax
Pokémon:

Messenger Of Peace

Information:
Creator: PlatniumPiano
ROM Base: Pokémon Ruby AXVE
Language: English
Started: May 2009

Awards:
Hack of the Week #68

Uh, I guess I get two
One on the left is Meggido's, and one on the right is destinedjagold's. Thanks to both of you guys, they look awesome (and samike and zanny, you guys won- er, tied- me these awards!)

Introduction:
Hello everyone, and welcome to my first ever published (somewhat...) hack, Pokémon- Messenger of Peace! This is a solo project, though I hope to receive help from other people willing to join the team (scroll down to Join the Team!) I am a beginning- intermediate scripter, with basic map- making skills and I also has real good speeling 'n grammarr. I've been at the PokéCommunity for a while now... first starting off with Rom-Hacking, then quickly switching to RP-ing and now back to Rom- Hacking. I hope to have many fond memories with this hack I am about to tackle, hopefully you will too.

Story:
As the name may or may not suggest, Pokémon MoP is basically one big quest to bring peace throughout the lands that you inhabit:

Ages ago, the people in the land of Valhalla lived in simple tranquility. All of the different races coexisted in harmony, helping each other out with day to day things, and all without the help of Pokémon. Yes this was a land where nobody had heard of these little creatures, and life seemed to prosper without them. Of course, in the great expanses of the land, there is bound to be a black sheep among the races. This black sheep was Makesh, a powerful wizard from his peoples cavern up in the icy mountains. He was always into searching for a greater power, and one day in his routine walks about the mountain, he chanced upon a wild Tauros. Needless to say, when he saw what the Tauros could do, he quickly brought it home to slay anybody who got in Makesh's way. The secret of Pokémon was not kept for long, however, and soon the many other races found Pokémon natives to their lands. Eventually, a great war broke out, which left many peoples fleeing for cover. In the end, Makesh was defeated, and sent back to his unknown mountain from which he came. The scars from the war, however, were not easily forgotten. Eons passed, and still fighting continued, if not on a war-scale. This prejudice lasted from generation to generation, with no hope of breaking this destructive cycle. All the while, Makesh's is slowly growing stronger, hoping to finish what he started...

Armed with your initial Ponyta and collected companions, your purpose is to rally the feuding races of the land in hopes of defeating Makesh once he makes his inevitable return.

Features:
Travel through the wide, grassy plains, the depths of the sea, the peaks of the highest mountains, and many more beautiful, fantasy-set lands in the world of Valhalla.

Meet fierce village champions, some of which may give you Pokémon to aid you on your quest…

I haz teh grammor and teh sp3lling lolz!!1!!!

Pokédex? Versus Seeker? No way- high tech gadgets will not be in this hack!

Some reworked Pokémon move sets.

After a certain point in the game you are allowed to ride your Ponyta, instead of your bicycle.

Gym leaders will be replaced with village champions, and the Elite Four will be the Four- (lulz! no spoilerz 4 u!!)

A whole new team and minions, that actually do evil things.

Items will be renamed into things more fitting

No catching Pokemon! You heard me, all Pokemon will be given to you (but you'll have to work really hard for some of them!)

Every Pokemon you get will have a stone evolution. But, you're not going to find the stones just lying around.

Screenshots (Updated):
Spoiler:

Join the Team:
Though I am making this mainly a solo project, I am willing to enlist the help of a few PC members who feel they are adequate at their skill. I currently need a:

Spoiler:

Overworld Spriter/Front and Back Spriter (Eh... Sprites were never my thing... Plus you get to do the hero sprite riding a horse!)

Tile Editor/Inseter: (I don't plan on using many tile changes, but if I feel the hack needs it, I will enlist your help.)

TITLESCREEN EDITOR: (Notice the Caps... this is something that is important.)

World Map Editor: (I fail at this…)

The form to apply is located below. Have fun you kids!

Spoiler:

Name/Alias: So I know what to call you

Job you want: Obviously

Credentials: Any past projects I should know about. This ups your odds of getting picked

Also, feel free to include a snapshot or video of what you have done. Combine this with some good credentials, and you're almost guarenteed to get the job.

Pokémon: Messenger Of Peace Team:

Me: Lead Scripter, Mapper, Storyline
Samike360: Scripter
Jebees: A whole bunch of stuff, hopefully
Ruka Prince: Overworld editor

Progress (Last Updated 6/18/09):
Well, all of the bugs have been fixed (to my knowledge, at least), so this means I can get a move on to my first sea route. I plan to have a couple of routes done by the end of the week, and hope to start on a town next week. After that is a dungeon, then the third gym... Or maybe gym then dungeon.... I don't know. but just so you all know, after the third gym is complete, I can move onto the fourth gym, and after the fourth gym, you get to ride your Ponyta/Rapidash! (Provided, of course that I have somebody that is capable of editing the bike sprite to the hero riding a horse ) Progress is hopefully going to get a lot faster now that I fixed all the bugs that I know of... Who knows? I might have an alpha released by the end of the month! And the Overworlds are done now, thanks to Ruka Prince I hope to have screenies of them up soon.

Support Bars:

Made by GavZ

Code:

[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182275][*img]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/IGavZI/MEssengerofpeaceV2-1.png[*/img][*/url]
Made by Fail-Z

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182275][*IMG]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9595/usermessengerofpeace.png[/IMG*][*/url]
Made by Me

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=182275][*IMG]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/SupportBar-2.png[*/IMG][*/url]
(Just remove the *'s when putting in your signatures)

Bugs:

Messed up tiles when you first appear in the game. (But only once. This probably won't get fixed until I can get a good bit of ASM working for me, or a truck remover)

Tools Used:
uNLZ.gba
Advance Map Version 1.9.2
XSE Version 1.1.1
Overworld Editor- Rebirth Edition
Free Space Finder
Advance Trainer
YAPE (Yet Another Pokémon Editor)
ItemEdit

Thank all of you for your tools; without them, this hack would not be possible!

Credits:
HackMew (For his awesomely epic tools)
Seth-Kun & diegoisawesome (For helping me learn how to script through their tutorials)
Larsie13 & everybody at the Script Help Thread (For… you know… helping me script!)
Lu-ho (For A-map!)
Led Zeppelin (Needs no real explanation)

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Last edited by PlatniumPiano; June 29th, 2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old June 13th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Zanny77
I'm back, baby!

Nature: Jolly
WOW! This is definitely an interesting hack. I like the idea of riding Ponyta instead of a bike. :3

A region name you need? How about....Valadon. It's like Valhalla - the Nordic equivalent of Heaven, and Celadon. :3

BTW, I'm helping you out here...I didn't have my 1st reply on my hack till I had about 100 views...you get one after 2.

I SUPPORTQUOTECREDITHACK
Old June 13th, 2009, 05:51 PM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanny77 View Post
WOW! This is definitely an interesting hack. I like the idea of riding Ponyta instead of a bike. :3

A region name you need? How about....Valadon. It's like Valhalla - the Nordic equivalent of Heaven, and Celadon. :3

BTW, I'm helping you out here...I didn't have my 1st reply on my hack till I had about 100 views...you get one after 2.

NORSE THAT'S WHAT I WAS MISSING. I tried putting heaven or land of the gods into a bunch of different languages but I forgot the vikings. I'm suprised it got approved in an hour. Didn't you do the hack with all the good music in it?

Thanks for the Comment
Old June 13th, 2009, 05:52 PM
BlitŻ
guahh my dog is so cute

This is a really good idea. I have some sills in alot of aspects and I can help you with a lot of things you need. I want to work on this hack with you. Pm me later
Old June 13th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Aro-kun
Pokemon trainer

Nature: Naive
around what time period is this hack supposed to take place in? i can sprite trainers and such for you. but i need a theme.

~There are black people in pokemon, there is simply an 8 in 65536; simplified as 1/8192 (2-13, or approximately 0.012207%) chance of seeing them :D~
Old June 13th, 2009, 06:23 PM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro-kun View Post
around what time period is this hack supposed to take place in? i can sprite trainers and such for you. but i need a theme.
The theme is somewhat mideval/fantasy world based. You know, dragons, wizards, elves and whatnot?
Old June 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
ckret2
usually pronounced "secret 2"

Send a message via AIM to ckret2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatniumPiano View Post
Didn't you do the hack with all the good music in it?
Yep, Zanny77's the one with the hack with the cool music.

Anyway, looks cool so far! One question, though: what are you going to do in lieu of Poké Balls? I'm assuming that you'll be providing some way to catch Pokémon, yeah? Do they get renamed/resprited into apricorn-based balls, or something else?

This one is my hack.

This one is the hack I part-time map for.

I got an Illumise?
Pretty awesome.
Glad I grabbed an egg I didn't recognize.
Old June 13th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Aro-kun
Pokemon trainer

Nature: Naive
o.O didn't notice you put the theme in the story lol. im a little lazy when it comes to reading, unless im playin somethin XD
How's this for the male trainer?

And yea pokeballs seem unheard of in a time like that. That's like Sir Eran's time. people would only have 1-3 pkmn? and they follow? (or final fantasy follow were you only see main character)

~There are black people in pokemon, there is simply an 8 in 65536; simplified as 1/8192 (2-13, or approximately 0.012207%) chance of seeing them :D~
Old June 13th, 2009, 08:55 PM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro-kun View Post
o.O didn't notice you put the theme in the story lol. im a little lazy when it comes to reading, unless im playin somethin XD
How's this for the male trainer?

And yea pokeballs seem unheard of in a time like that. That's like Sir Eran's time. people would only have 1-3 pkmn? and they follow? (or final fantasy follow were you only see main character)
I don't think following them would work, maybe in cutscenes.... Looks good for the guy, maybe change the headpiece a little? And darker hair/clothes if you could.

EDIT-
@ckret2:

lol apricorn balls. I'm working on that... maybe some sort of magical tablet or something? It could also possibly function as a pokedex.
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Arcelio
This was a triumph.

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Yahoo to Arcelio
Quite the interesting idea you have here. It will be interesting to see how the trainer manages to "tame" the pokemon to battle for him. If you are in need of a Beta Tester, I can be reached at practically anytime of day, and most times of night. Simply leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old June 15th, 2009, 08:23 AM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcelio View Post
Quite the interesting idea you have here. It will be interesting to see how the trainer manages to "tame" the pokemon to battle for him. If you are in need of a Beta Tester, I can be reached at practically anytime of day, and most times of night. Simply leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
It's too early to release a beta yet, but I'm sure there's something I missed. I'll send/post an alpha when I feel that it is presentable. I still have a couple of bugs in it (i.e. Sprites dissapearing during mid-conversation, fadescreen freezes.) which I should probably put on the first post... I think I'll do that right now...

Thank you for your comment
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:40 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
The hack sounds great
Spoiler:
3+2=X
A+B=X

(A+B)(A+B)=X(A+B)

A2+2AB+B2 = X(A+B)

A2+AB-AX= -AB -B2 +BX

A(A+B-X)=-B(A+B-X)

A=-B

A+B=0

3+2=0

You're trying to play clever, huh ?

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
The hack sounds great
Spoiler:
3+2=X
A+B=X

(A+B)(A+B)=X(A+B)

A2+2AB+B2 = X(A+B)

A2+AB-AX= -AB -B2 +BX

A(A+B-X)=-B(A+B-X)

A=-B

A+B=0

3+2=0

You're trying to play clever, huh ?

Lol boy nothing gets past you people. Did you find the error? And thanks for the comment
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Name/Alias: Gav will do
Job you want: Banner/Support bar maker
Credentials: Plenty of banners done for people. I will add proof below.

And Some Proof of my work.
Spoiler:

Hack Intro banner thats why its big

Sprite by me also

Again a banner intro

Okay there was a small bit of my work.
I'm looking to do interesting banners!!
I have made some boring ones that the owners requested i will admit.
But i'm sure i can make you something you will like!
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavZ View Post
Name/Alias: Gav will do
Job you want: Banner/Support bar maker
Credentials: Plenty of banners done for people. I will add proof below.

And Some Proof of my work.
Spoiler:

Hack Intro banner thats why its big

Sprite by me also

Again a banner intro

Okay there was a small bit of my work.
I'm looking to do interesting banners!!
I have made some boring ones that the owners requested i will admit.
But i'm sure i can make you something you will like!

Sure! I don't want anything too fancy, could you make one with dimensions like your Rescue Team Academy Support bar, with Red fading to black in the background, A rapidash in front and the hack title as well. Would that work?

And for a banner intro, I might need one of those, but I'll wait till the hack gets off of the ground first. I also should probably make this thread into a CSS.

Old June 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
abnegation

Quote:
Sure! I don't want anything too fancy, could you make one with dimensions like your Rescue Team Academy Support bar, with Red fading to black in the background, A rapidash in front and the hack title as well. Would that work?

And for a banner intro, I might need one of those, but I'll wait till the hack gets off of the ground first. I also should probably make this thread into a CSS.
Will do my friend
I'll get back to you asap but it won't be long
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Will do my friend
I'll get back to you asap but it won't be long
Thank you very much!

UPDATE (that should go on first post): Finished first three cities, now onto my first sea route
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:09 PM
abnegation

Quote:
Thank you very much!

UPDATE (that should go on first post): Finished first three cities, now onto my first sea route
Hey sorry PC was having Lagging issues so i could have posted this like hours ago xD
But here is a draft of the userbar.
What would you like changed?
Don't hesitate to ask

Old June 15th, 2009, 06:32 PM
qgmon1234
Teh Shiney Trainah

Nature: Docile
Nice idea for the hack. like the idea of an old time pokemon.

For a region name i thought of Rafe @_@
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:29 PM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Hey sorry PC was having Lagging issues so i could have posted this like hours ago xD
But here is a draft of the userbar.
What would you like changed?
Don't hesitate to ask
Yeah. For me that happens about three times every day or so...

Looks great! I think the only thing I might want changed is change the Pokemon and MoP to the font u used in the thunder arena bar. I like the way it looks though, good job! What program did you use to create it?

@qgmon1234: Thanks for commenting

Rafe... hmm. I'll put it in the poll once I get two more names!
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
A really interesting Hack, but I think
that you should change the Ruby Tiles and improve your Maps.
Old June 16th, 2009, 05:00 AM
abnegation

Quote:
Yeah. For me that happens about three times every day or so...

Looks great! I think the only thing I might want changed is change the Pokemon and MoP to the font u used in the thunder arena bar. I like the way it looks though, good job! What program did you use to create it?

@qgmon1234: Thanks for commenting

Rafe... hmm. I'll put it in the poll once I get two more names!
Yeah sure no problem!
I was actually trying a different approach to a banner but i guess it's noot working out xD
So ya i'll get down to it in a couple hours i just woke up haha
Oh and i use the program Gimp. Funny name i know but it's like a free photoshop but not as good
Old June 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Yeah sure no problem!
I was actually trying a different approach to a banner but i guess it's noot working out xD
So ya i'll get down to it in a couple hours i just woke up haha
Oh and i use the program Gimp. Funny name i know but it's like a free photoshop but not as good
Lol I have Gimp as well, but I never figured out how to use it. The only program I know how to make buttons with is Macromedia Fireworks lol but I don't have it anymore.

Take your time with the support bar, its better to have it done right than done fast :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Prince View Post
A really interesting Hack, but I think
that you should change the Ruby Tiles and improve your Maps.
Yeah, I figured that, and I'm no great block editor, the only thing I've done on my hack that's tile related is remove the trees, bridges, and bases from the Fortree houses.

I'm currently re-doing a good amount of my maps

Old June 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM
PlatniumPiano

*Takes advantage of Godly double post thread owner rule.*

Attention: If you haven't noticed, there is a poll. I am in an internal debate with myself, and like any good politician, I give to you people to solve my problems, because all of you are so much better at it [/SARCASM]. Since I have found out that it is nigh impossible to remove Pokeballs from the game, I present you a question:

Should I include Pokeballs and the ability to catch Pokemon in the game, or should I screw it all and have the game only give you a set amount of Pokemon?

Please vote, and feel free to give reasoning down below.

Thank you

Old June 16th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Zanny77
I'm back, baby!

I totally like the idea of having set Pokemon. It hasn't really been done...just as long as we can choose. Like, have 5 people in a city, and they each give a different type (One gives Weepinbel, one gives Kirlia, one gives Pikachu, one gives Poliwhirl, one gives Graveler). Do that...twice?
*NOTICE!* I paid attention, and didn't put a fire type, cause I know you get Ponyta. XD

I SUPPORTQUOTECREDITHACK
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links