Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page Ace Phantom Custom Tiles

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

View Poll Results: What do you think of my tiles??
They are great and well done 8 25.81%
they are okay,still can improve 22 70.97%
they are the worst tiles.You really need major help 5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 15th, 2009 (11:00 PM). Edited September 14th, 2009 by Crimson Stardust.
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Hei everyone,i am making custom tiles for my hack but some of them are for public...

Here goes...This is a few tiles i come up with..btw,i make them from scratch..

*Tileset 1*
Spoiler:

*Tileset 2*
Spoiler:

Some revamping tile,edit version from tileset 1 and new tiles

Torn World Tile Set
Spoiler:

Heart Gold & Soul Silver tiles
Spoiler:

They are not that good..but along the way,i will pick up more skills and my skill will improve and i can come up with much more better tiles..
So stay tune for more updtes...XD

Your pc buddy,
Ace Phantom

Old June 15th, 2009 (11:19 PM). Edited December 23rd, 2009 by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow.
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Shepard
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
These are nice tiles!I like them, Ace.Keep up, and fix some dimension mistakes, k?
Old June 15th, 2009 (11:39 PM).
Sakari
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Ray Maverick:
These are nice tiles!I like them,Ace.Keep up,and fix some dimension mistakes,k?

Could you be more elaborate next time. You didn't crit him at all or tell him what you think he should improve. Your not helping by saying "These are very nice tiles!" Some of them do need work...

My review is in the spolier...

Spoiler:

The first house i think you need to re do, the first thing i noticed
is the top, both the left and right side are not connected right.

The second house very well done, the shading is good and the shape.
The only thing i would say to change is he door, but that's just me.

For the 5th house i do not like the left corner, it doesn't match the rest
i think you should fix it.. But it's up to you.

Very well done, i think these are the best out of all of them. The only
thing i'm going to say is, about the small one. I don't like the shape of the top.

This one i think is your worst, The first thing is the roof needs changing.
The right side overlaps the top and it's not equal with the left. Then the next section
i don't like the colors you used for it maybe a lighter brown next time. The rest is fine just fix these little mistakes and you will be good

Old June 15th, 2009 (11:46 PM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote originally posted by pokemon xd:
Could you be more elaborate next time. You didn't crit him at all or tell him what you think he should improve. Your not helping by saying "These are very nice tiles!" Some of them do need work...

My review is in the spolier...

Spoiler:

The first house i think you need to re do, the first thing i noticed
is the top, both the left and right side are not connected right.

The second house very well done, the shading is good and the shape.
The only thing i would say to change is he door, but that's just me.

For the 5th house i do not like the left corner, it doesn't match the rest
i think you should fix it.. But it's up to you.

Very well done, i think these are the best out of all of them. The only
thing i'm going to say is, about the small one. I don't like the shape of the top.

This one i think is your worst, The first thing is the roof needs changing.
The right side overlaps the top and it's not equal with the left. Then the next section
i don't like the colors you used for it maybe a lighter brown next time. The rest is fine just fix these little mistakes and you will be good
owhkae..cool...i will fix them up and post the fixed tiles after i finish them....XD

Old June 16th, 2009 (12:13 AM).
Kindo
What!!

Nature: Naughty
Well since I don't know much about spriting but these have nothing bad in them except maybe you could fix the top left corner(Already mentioned)And the last one of them all by making the roof on the right side equal to the left side and then they will be almost perfect.

Good Job!

-Mr. Hack
Edison once remarked that "I am proud that I never invented weapons to kill". Because the electric chair isn't a weapon, and it doesn't kill people. It just helps improve their cardioneural functions. A lot.
Old June 16th, 2009 (08:10 AM).
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Some reviewage below xD Not too much, but meh!

Spoiler:

Quote originally posted by ageangel:

Well, some of the lines on these are way too scratchy. You really need to either, make them straight or learn to make them rather more rounded. Here you have used not very much shading, and what you have is actually rather bad. Okay, I can't say much more other than keep spriting.

These are again the lines are way to scratchy and not normal. Again, you don't seen to have learned the concept of shading. I suggest checking Chesu's stickied tutorials as he has a very good one on shading.

Hmm.. The interior of it isn't too bad. But it is way too repetitive, maybe try making a new pattern of maybe, checking the actually tiles from Platinum and adjusting or using that design. But then again Platinum's design wasn't too good. You could improve on that. On to the side and top outline. Again it's way too repetitive and they are just little dips then squares and really badly done tbh. Onto the bottom, these too are badly done, the curves? Are really badly outline and more square and straight then the curves they should be. Sorry, but just trying to help.

This one isn't too bad. But, it's way too similar to other houses of it's nature. This time the lines aren't half bad. But again, it's the shading that's letting you down, just work on it

Sorry about that, but I'm only trying to help
Old June 16th, 2009 (06:21 PM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by Alice.:
Some reviewage below xD Not too much, but meh!

Spoiler:

Sorry about that, but I'm only trying to help
hey..its okae..i did say i accep advice and critism..it can help me improve on my tiles..
btw,i knw about the shading as i am not sure to do the shading and the palletes stff..lol...but i will check chesu tut

Old June 17th, 2009 (12:18 AM).
Tunaboy88
Special Beam Cannon!!!!!!!!!!!

The First 3 tiles are great but it is just the last two tha are weird in a way, I meant who lives in a triangle house itz cool but weird and the other just seems odd at the top corner anyways good luck in the futrue.

My Hack:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=172314
Pokemon DragonBall Z
Edition
My Trainer Card:
Credit to Goodies.

Warm up my Eggs please
(\__/)
(='.'=) This Is Bunny. Copy And Paste Bunny Into
('')_('') Your Signature To Help Him Gain World Domination!!!!
Old June 17th, 2009 (01:28 AM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by Tunaboy88:

The First 3 tiles are great but it is just the last two tha are weird in a way, I meant who lives in a triangle house itz cool but weird and the other just seems odd at the top corner anyways good luck in the futrue.
owhyeah..i notice that..i will not be editing them though..i will fix the others...

Old June 19th, 2009 (08:17 PM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by hanhyejinaddikt:
I think it's really nice.!!!
hey tanx..XD
i am making a sheet of tiles..

Old June 20th, 2009 (05:55 AM). Edited June 20th, 2009 by Vannah☆.
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Everything here except for the second does not look like its from a birds eye view like how buildings look in the games. To fix this you should add a bit more of the roof ... I think. Shorten the view of the bottom of the building a tad and add to the top a bit more. Especially on the third one.
Quote:

[/QUOTE]

This is nice, but please oh please! xD I don't know if you meant to or not to prevent steeling, but please don't save on paint. xD It ruins the sprite. Save on paint.net or photoshop.

Keep up the great work! These are wonderful for your first few tiles!

Quote originally posted by Tunaboy88:
Played DP? That triangle house sorta reminds me of this: I think its a cool idea. xD

Michael Jackson - Rest in peace, King of pop. Thanks for the memories.

Torzach's Forum! http://pokemontorzach.proboards.com/index.cgi

Old June 21st, 2009 (12:51 AM). Edited June 23rd, 2009 by Crimson Stardust.
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by Vannah☆:

Everything here except for the second does not look like its from a birds eye view like how buildings look in the games. To fix this you should add a bit more of the roof ... I think. Shorten the view of the bottom of the building a tad and add to the top a bit more. Especially on the third one.

Tanx for the advice..i have problem doing the roof or making it look like the tiles in-game...but i am trying hard to make it look nice...

Vannah:This is nice, but please oh please! xD I don't know if you meant to or not to prevent steeling, but please don't save on paint. xD It ruins the sprite. Save on paint.net or photoshop.
Keep up the great work! These are wonderful for your first few tiles!

Tanx..XD

Vannahlayed DP? That triangle house sorta reminds me of this: I think its a cool idea. xD[/QUOTE]
I know..that is why i try to do it triangular but it does not look pleasing{my tile}but i will improve on it...

Here is a tiles i make...{the pallete still need a little bit work i think or the roof or anything}
comment on it...{critism accepted as if there are none,i will not know my mistake...}

Practice makes perfect...

Old June 23rd, 2009 (08:03 AM).
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

That first building is off to a great start. :o But it looks almost G/S/C -ish. Give the spheres some shading. The roof is lacking some sort of new mechanic that was used in FR/LG, R/S/E, and D/P/P but I can't quite place my finger on it. You made the base part of the house look very nice. Just do that with the roof. Maybe some different shading with dithering pixels.

Second one: I like the idea for the roof and stuff. xD The door needs some work and the roof needs some more shading in my opinion.

Third: Very nice. Clearly R/S/E style -ish. I'm no expert though. ;;

Fourth: Odd, but I like it. Could use another window. Maybe use that striped lining roof style for the first building?

Fifth: I love the bottom part of the house except for the fact that the door could use some shading. I see what you were going for with the overall look combined with the roof and all, but you need to do it better. The roof looks like a bunch of brown play-doh snakes drooping off the center piece. I think it calls for more of that vertical lining.

Sixth: Nice little cabin, just like the third, though the door could use a light brown color striping instead of the black.

Seventh: It's alright, but I don't like the overall idea very much. It reminds me of the munchkins from the wizard of oz. Something that they would live in. Door could be...bigger?

Eighth(final): Looks like a little lego house. I guess it could be sort of a little beachside run down PC, but it needs some more hightech kinda stuff for the big city. Larger size, more roof detail, and some high class shading and extra windows.

Keep it up!

Michael Jackson - Rest in peace, King of pop. Thanks for the memories.

Torzach's Forum! http://pokemontorzach.proboards.com/index.cgi

Old June 24th, 2009 (03:24 AM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by Vannah☆:
That first building is off to a great start. :o But it looks almost G/S/C -ish. Give the spheres some shading. The roof is lacking some sort of new mechanic that was used in FR/LG, R/S/E, and D/P/P but I can't quite place my finger on it. You made the base part of the house look very nice. Just do that with the roof. Maybe some different shading with dithering pixels.

Second one: I like the idea for the roof and stuff. xD The door needs some work and the roof needs some more shading in my opinion.

Third: Very nice. Clearly R/S/E style -ish. I'm no expert though. ;;

Fourth: Odd, but I like it. Could use another window. Maybe use that striped lining roof style for the first building?

Fifth: I love the bottom part of the house except for the fact that the door could use some shading. I see what you were going for with the overall look combined with the roof and all, but you need to do it better. The roof looks like a bunch of brown play-doh snakes drooping off the center piece. I think it calls for more of that vertical lining.

Sixth: Nice little cabin, just like the third, though the door could use a light brown color striping instead of the black.

Seventh: It's alright, but I don't like the overall idea very much. It reminds me of the munchkins from the wizard of oz. Something that they would live in. Door could be...bigger?

Eighth(final): Looks like a little lego house. I guess it could be sort of a little beachside run down PC, but it needs some more hightech kinda stuff for the big city. Larger size, more roof detail, and some high class shading and extra windows.

Keep it up!

okae..tanx...i will fix up them to make them more perfect..lol..XD
btw,i forgot to add in this tile too...

Hey guys..i want more comment on all my current tiles..please drop a comment/critism here to make me make tiles better..:p

Old June 24th, 2009 (04:42 AM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by dark aron:
they are very good better than what I could do any day XD like the oneyuo just added in your post its nice
hey tanx..is there any problems with it you can point out..?

Old June 25th, 2009 (11:24 AM).
Naruto Uzumaki The Nine Tailed Fox's Avatar
Naruto Uzumaki The Nine Tailed Fox
Taking a breakfrom hacking

Nature: Quiet

I love this one, you did a great job on it.

edit:

These are also very well done.

Pokemon Lucario's Legends,Pokemon Zephyr Supporter,Pokemon Shiny Gold Supporter
Pokemon Odyssey Supporter,Pokemon Orange Islands Supporter,Pokemon Moonshine Supporter,Pokemon Naruto Shippuuden Supporter,Pokemon Pikachu's Tale Supporter
Pokemon Chronicles Supporter,Pokemon Flame Red/Herb Green/ Splash Blue Supporter,Pokemon Sacred Realm Creator
Pokemon Pewter Version Creator,Pokemon Crystal Mountain Supporter,Pokemon Shadow Black Supporter,Pokemon Flame of Rage Supporter,Pokemon B&W Supporter,Pokemon Mystery Island Supporter,Pokemon Global Earth Supporter
Old June 25th, 2009 (04:27 PM).
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Those are awesome! I can't do any better anyway, your doing great! I've never done tiles before, just fakemon sprites.

Old June 25th, 2009 (07:19 PM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by Naruto Uzumaki The Nine Tailed Fox:

I love this one, you did a great job on it.

edit:

These are also very well done.
Quote originally posted by gary_productions:
i like the tom world tiles!
Great job dude!
Quote originally posted by kitsukitty:
Those are awesome! I can't do any better anyway, your doing great! I've never done tiles before, just fakemon sprites.
tanx you guys..
btw,is there any problems you can point out??

Old June 25th, 2009 (09:29 PM).
gary_productions
Beginning Trainer

its a verry nice Tree
Can il use some tiles in our hacks?you get credit of course
Old June 25th, 2009 (10:10 PM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by gary_productions:
its a verry nice Tree
Can il use some tiles in our hacks?you get credit of course
yeah..sure..
you can use them...XD

Old June 27th, 2009 (02:30 AM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

After i get all the comments,i try to improved my tiles..
here it is..
some are the same while some i make amendments...
so comment on them guys..XD

Here the tiles i improved on..{not all of them}

here is more torn world tiles i added..I will add more of them in time to come..XD

Old June 30th, 2009 (05:28 AM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

since i was send home from school and has to stay at home for two days,i decided to make a tile...
here it is...
see if there is any improvements i can implement...{for now,this tile is not for public but those tile before this post is for public...

Comment/Critism i can accept,no matter how harsh it is..XD

Old June 30th, 2009 (02:31 PM).
Robert Conley
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
Spoiler:

The first and last seem awkwardly shaped and the pokeball on the third could be lower, so it isnt touching the top beam, also the roof shape near the back of the second one seems extremely awkward compared to the rest of the roof.other than that i like them.

These just seem far too bland and on the second one the base is all one color making it look flat but then the pillar has the look of being rounded.

Good work on these theyre the best torn world tiles ive seen. I'll have to remember these if I ever decide to resume my hack.

first off the symmetry is terrible. I can understand not having the bottom symmetrical but the roof should definitely be symmetrical. The roof colors also hurt my eyes.

Old June 30th, 2009 (04:19 PM).
Reck
Supreme Overlord

Nature: Bold
After i get all the comments,i try to improved my tiles..
here it is..
some are the same while some i make amendments...
so comment on them guys..XD

Here the tiles i improved on..{not all of them}

here is more torn world tiles i added..I will add more of them in time to come..XD
White building: I'll go from the top. White in my opinion Isn't very good a good color for a building. Also In you other sprites the light is coming from the left in this one it's coming from the right. Make it so the light comes from the same direction in all your sprites.

Blue checker roofed house: Not really any complaints.

Yellow house: No complaints.

Brick house: work on shading the white part.

Red house: No complaints.

Blue house: Hmmm... this house bugs me for some reason. maybe make the building part shorter by say 5 pixels?

Blue house with brown roof: the roof is weird. prehaps you should make the building part Skinnier? and shade the roof.

Short brick house: again shade the white part.

green house: make the roof shorter.(just what I think though)

PC: shade the roof.

Overall your not all that bad. You just need to hone your skills when it comes to shading. Good luck.
Old June 30th, 2009 (07:35 PM).
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote originally posted by Misty Sama:
Spoiler:

The first and last seem awkwardly shaped and the pokeball on the third could be lower, so it isnt touching the top beam, also the roof shape near the back of the second one seems extremely awkward compared to the rest of the roof.other than that i like them.

These just seem far too bland and on the second one the base is all one color making it look flat but then the pillar has the look of being rounded.

Good work on these theyre the best torn world tiles ive seen. I'll have to remember these if I ever decide to resume my hack.

first off the symmetry is terrible. I can understand not having the bottom symmetrical but the roof should definitely be symmetrical. The roof colors also hurt my eyes.

Quote originally posted by Reck:
White building: I'll go from the top. White in my opinion Isn't very good a good color for a building. Also In you other sprites the light is coming from the left in this one it's coming from the right. Make it so the light comes from the same direction in all your sprites.

Blue checker roofed house: Not really any complaints.

Yellow house: No complaints.

Brick house: work on shading the white part.

Red house: No complaints.

Blue house: Hmmm... this house bugs me for some reason. maybe make the building part shorter by say 5 pixels?

Blue house with brown roof: the roof is weird. prehaps you should make the building part Skinnier? and shade the roof.

Short brick house: again shade the white part.

green house: make the roof shorter.(just what I think though)

PC: shade the roof.

Overall your not all that bad. You just need to hone your skills when it comes to shading. Good luck.
Owhokae..tnax for the comments..I am fixing them though...
I have trouble choosing the palletes to make the tiles look nice and i have problem with the shading part..xD
btw,what is your opinion on this tile...:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links