Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old June 17th, 2009 (03:44 AM).
I am Mr.Cheese !!Who is DSQ?..

Lols, I must say I have played many orange islands versions and this is the second best I have seen. (Next to the orange islands Text RPG)

Old June 18th, 2009 (12:22 AM).

i dled the most recent version...when i start there is already a file and i cant save
Old June 19th, 2009 (05:33 AM).

Guys i had a problem with plot. I defated Team Rocket in Lighting C.O , was catch a crystal onix and travel to fossil cave. Cave is collapsed. I don.t know what can i do now ?? where is Rudy , where is invitation card for gym, wher can i get nano scope. ?
Any1 could halp me ?
Sorry for my bad english .
Old June 19th, 2009 (10:14 AM).
Game maker

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Zephyr Gale:
Im now interested in this game. when the update comes out, how far will it go?(give me a length in gyms I guess.)
Whats the length of this game right now? and what will it be after the Update.(due anytime apprently)

Old June 20th, 2009 (04:01 AM).
Takes the longest shortcut.

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Zephyr Gale:
Whats the length of this game right now? and what will it be after the Update.(due anytime apprently)
Well, if you want in gyms, then its the whole of kanto, and almost all of the Orange Islands, but i cant really give you an estimate of gameplay time.

My new Pachirisu!
Pokepet by FlameJuli
Games I Support
Spoiler:

Old June 20th, 2009 (04:13 AM).

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jrookie
i'll be waiting for V1.4 to replace my old junky file...swt
Old June 20th, 2009 (10:24 AM). Edited June 20th, 2009 by Zephyr Gale.
Game maker

Quote originally posted by Jonny Chleevas:
Well, if you want in gyms, then its the whole of kanto, and almost all of the Orange Islands, but i cant really give you an estimate of gameplay time.
Nah, thats what I was looking for, thanks. I may download it right now.

EDIT:Okay so I downloaded it....but How do I play it?

Old June 21st, 2009 (04:08 AM).
Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner

Nature: Modest
i went thru all the trouble of downloading the game,which took FOREVER which is like 2 hours lol but when i tried to play it this error happened:
script 'PokemonMessages' Line 1110:Errno::ENOENT occured
No such file or directory - Audio/SE/Choose

PLEASE! send me a message and tell me what i did wrong,and the thingy im missing
sorry bout being a downer,but i really wanted to play this game

HeatWave the level 33 Quilava!
Old June 21st, 2009 (12:04 PM).
Born as Hall of Famer

Sorry guys I have to delay the public update to tomorrow(midnight probably). I had important business to discuss with game staff this afternoon, and now I have something about team HOF to announce. Lokiferne has agreed to join Pkmn HOF as the head scripter, which indicates that the team is almost completed. We have been working on lots of stuff like new maps, sprites, scripts and other custom features, and I will showcase what we have done in my next post. Thank you for the support!

My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.

Old June 21st, 2009 (12:25 PM).
Jealous Croatian

Lokiferne is in >.< You got yourself a very good scripter. Darn I guess I'll miss your epic update tomorrow Anyways great looking game
Old June 21st, 2009 (06:49 PM).

Nature: Quiet
can i be a mapper i do quaility work even though i have no game yet i am determined like to map and have lots of free time so can i please be a mapper.
Old June 21st, 2009 (09:11 PM). Edited June 22nd, 2009 by Hall Of Famer.
Born as Hall of Famer

Guess it's time to post an official update thread now, hopefully you will like it!

1. New Maps: We have completed a few new maps for Kanto and Orange Islands. We are using Kyledove tileset now, with additions of Wesley FG, Jonny and ~Red's tiles. I'd like to thank my mappers, tile artists and random contributors for doing such an excellent job. Here is the Viridian Forest map made by head mapper Jonny:

Spoiler:

And here are the Valencia Island and Tangelo Island maps by Hall of Famer, I'm still trying to adopt Jonny's mapping style. Please leave comments on my maps if you want to, constructive criticism is appreciated!

Valencia Island
Spoiler:

Tangelo Island:
Spoiler:

Also I think it's necessary to showcase the orangen islands tiles made by tile artist ~Red. His work is amazing!

Spoiler:

Note: ~Red's Orange Islands tiles are used in Pkmn HOF and his own fan game only. The screenshot above is converted to .jpg already, please do not ask permission to use his custom tiles, thanks.

2. New Character Sprites: Several sprites for Kanto and Orange Islands characters are completed already. I'd like to thank all my spriters this time!

These are the new item sprites for Orange Islands, credit given to Lynncreed:

3. New Pokemon: Are you surprised that new pokemon do exist in Pkmn HOF? Those pokemon are based on existing pokemon made by spriters who wish to see their fakemon in a fan game. I have implemented four pre-evolution pokemon made by Suzume into the game Pkmn HOF, and here is the screenie! They look cute, don't they?

4. New Concepts: We have been working on new concepts as well. Most of the new concepts are still under development, but the new HM project is almost completed. You can take a look at the new HMs we are going to implemented here, we still need a better name for HM14 though:

Spoiler:

HM01 Cut:
A Pokémon using Cut can remove a certain type of tree, which acts as an obstacle between the player and their destination. In certain games, it can also be used to cut tall grass.

HM02 Fly:
Players can fly to select spots they've been to, usually outside the entrance to a town's Pokémon Center.

HM03 Surf:
Surf can be used outside of battle to travel over bodies of water. When doing so, wild water-type Pokémon may be encountered. Surfing is a very important mechanic of the games. Surf is needed in most games to progress through it, sometimes to reach other islands and cities.

HM04 Strength:
Players can move round boulders around the field. Many puzzles in the games require boulders to be moved around in a certain way with Strength.

HM05 Flash:
Outside of battle, Flash will illuminate dark caves. The effect will last until the player exits the cave. When the player re-enters the cave, it will be dark again.

HM06 Rock Smash:
Smashes rocks to clear the path, potentially finds Pokémon inside (usually Geodude).

HM07 Waterfall:
Allows players to climb waterfalls. Note that in Generations II and III, the HM move Waterfall is not required to go down waterfalls, whereas the first two games of Generation IV requires the HM. However, in Pokémon Platinum, the HM is not required to go down waterfalls anymore, regaining its original behavior.

HM08 Dive:
Allows players to go underwater in specific spots when they are Surfing. The only region these spots (and the HM itself) have been found so far is in Hoenn.

HM09 Whirlpool:
Whirlpool will make a comeback in Pkmn HOF! And yes, Whirlpool clears whirlpools in the field.

HM10 Rock Climb:
A Pokémon using Rock Climb can scale rocky surfaces. It will be crucial for players to reach Danny's gym since you have to climb the mountain to reach him in future update.

HM11 Lavaflow:
Similar to Surf, the hidden machine Lavaflow enables players to travel over the bodies of Lava. Wild fire-type Pokémon may be encountered.

HM12 Quicksand:
Ever played Mario 64? There is a special type of the sand which drains Mario to its bottom, thus an instant kill. You can surf on the sand by riding on a turtle shell, and this idea is implemented into Pkmn HOF now. Quicksand is similar to Surf too, and wild ground-type Pokémon may be encountered.

HM13 Vacuum:
Large flying-type Pokémon and Legendary Pokémon can use Vacuum to clear up the strong wind and other obstacles which stops the players from travel forward.

HM14 Elec-Drain:
Electric fense is present in dungeons like Power plant and Rocket OI hideout(the electric fense exists in Vermilion City as well, but you won't be able to learn Elec-Drain by then). A Pokémon using Elec-Drain can clear up the path and prevent dangerous things from happening.

HM15 Mega Dig:
Mega Dig is a way more powerful move than Dig, and more importantly, it allows player to go underneath and explore the "underworld". Wanna see the underground city in New Kanto? Then you need Mega Dig badly...

HM16 Chem-Synthesis:
Certain new items can be formed by combining two existing items using Chem-Synthesis. This is crucial for Undead-pokemon lovers, since the item Dark Potion can only be obtained by mixing a Potion with a Dark Matter. Other useful and rare items can be synthesized as well.

We have a similar project called TM160, which may takes longer to implement...

Besides, a significant change has to be made for Orange Islands. Since the new maps are at least three times bigger than the original maps, it becomes a lot more painstaking to surf from one island to another.

Spoiler:

As you may see from the screenshot above, the entire Orange Archipelago is divided into five smaller regions - Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, Southeast and Mandarin. The Lapras saved from the gangsters on Mount. Tangelo will be important in this case, and players can ride on this Lapras to travel between one mini-region and another. More screenshots will be given after my spriters finish the OW sprite of Ash riding on Lapras!

We have new concept for the gyms in Kanto as well, and the gym tiles will be revised. Here is a preview of Cerulean gym:

On the other hand, Pkmn HOF game staff, partners, contributors and supporters are encouraged to participate in the Viridian city trainer Hall project. Please drop me a VM or PM if you are interested.

5. New Features: Custom features are significant for Pkmn HOF as well. Most of you might have seen the D/P pokemon selection screen, and this is just one of the new features of Pkmn HOF. We are currently working on the Iphone Menu screen, and here is the first version of the new menu screen:

The Iphone screen is still under revision, and you will notice a bigger change next time!

Besides, I announce that the Wifi-feature of Pkmn HOF is almost completed, and online battle, online trade and mystery gift features will be added to the game. I'm sorry this should have been done a long time ago...

We are also working on other custom features. You might have seen pink pokemon in this game before, and the idea of pink pokemon has been revised. We are not going to replace shiny pokemon sprites by pink sprites anymore, and a new column pink form has been created. In this way, most pokemon will have at least three forms - Normal, shiny and pink. The item pinkan berry can be used to turn a certain pokemon to its pink form, but exceptions are possible since Legendary pokemon are immune to pinkan berry. There is going to be a pinkan forest on pinkan island, where wild pink pokemon can be found and captured.

On the other hand, the D/P moves/abilities project will be implemented in Pkmn HOF, thanks to Lokiferne(who is already officially a scripter of Pkmn HOF). Screenies will be given in recent future!

Again, I'd like to thank all those who have contributed to the project Pkmn HOF. This game is going nowhere without the help from my game staff, partners, contributors and supporters. Please notice me if you have a new idea to purpose, or if you can't find your name on the game staff or credit list. Have a good week, everyone!

My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.

Old June 21st, 2009 (10:39 PM).
What's next?
Crystal Tier

Wow HoF, nice update. Great to see the new maps and sprites as well! Hope to see more in the future.

3DS FC: 5241 1923 6787

- Public Resources -

Better Encryption for RMXP/RMVX
Old June 22nd, 2009 (12:03 AM).
Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter

Send a message via AIM to EJames2100 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EJames2100 Send a message via Skype™ to EJames2100
Nice update, just had a quick glance before I'm moving off.

HM 14, how about De-Charge, Electi-Drain and etc...

Also your maps appear to be a little fuzzy compared to Jonny's, maybe it's how you've uploaded them, jpg, png, etc... but otherwise very good maps, will these ones be implemented in the new release of HOF or waiting for a later release ?
Old June 22nd, 2009 (08:08 AM).
Game maker

It all looks so professionally done. when will the V1.4 download be available? I thought it came with the update?

Old June 22nd, 2009 (10:31 AM).
is rarely here

Nature: Mild
Seems like things are coming along well.

...Sorry I don't have anything more intelligent to say, since I'd really like to leave an actually useful comment, but I just can't think of anything right now... XD

PC Brother: WeightyWillBill
Also? This site doesn't allow enough siggy pics. :/
Old June 22nd, 2009 (12:49 PM).

Is there any way to edit the lvl of your pokemon or switch your pokemon to different ones?
Old June 22nd, 2009 (12:55 PM).
@atomicreactor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
That flint sprite looks a lot like my flint sprite... How did you make it?
Old June 22nd, 2009 (03:05 PM).
is rarely here

Nature: Mild
*randomly tries to be helpful*
Would HM14, Shock Siphon be a good name?

PC Brother: WeightyWillBill
Also? This site doesn't allow enough siggy pics. :/
Old June 22nd, 2009 (08:17 PM).

i got a question, i cannot get past the gaurds to go to saffron city. i know u need to give them something to drink, which u get from the item store at Celadon, but i cannot give the items to the guards or the little girl who is thirsty. is this a glitch or do i got to do something special to be able to give the drink away?
Old June 22nd, 2009 (08:41 PM).
Game maker

Yeah How do I start this game up after download?

Old June 22nd, 2009 (09:13 PM).

Hi, I joined the forums because I wanted to say how thoroughly impressed I was with this concept.
I would like to mention a few things that I've noticed, as I've already found a few problems; things you might want to work on.

Problem 1: Professor Oak's Laboratory
The game asks you to go see the third Pokéball, and once you find out it's empty, the game moves you down, to the left, and up, to speak to Oak again. However, if you are above the table, like I was to begin with, it will keep trying to move you down indefinitely. The only solution is to reset the game.

Problem 2: Viridian Gym
When you go to the Viridian Gym early in the game, it tells you that it's locked, then moves you down. Unfortunately, the game then locks you out of moving. You can press c to bring up the menu, and whatnot, but the arrow keys become useless. The only solution is to reset the game.

Problem 3: Pewter Gym
I don't actually know why, but I've just entered Brock's Gym after entering Pewter City for the first time (I healed my Pokémon at the center first), and the entire game just crashes (Windows tells me that it apologizes, but Game.exe has suffered an error and must be closed).

Problem 4a: Music Looping
Music looping is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but you need to be able to separate introductory music from the looped music. The notes that introduce a battle aren't repeated in the games, and it can get confusing listening to it again after being so used to it meaning that a new battle is starting.

Problem 4b: Missing sound effect
You're missing the sound effect of running feet/sweeping that happens when you successfully run from an encounter.. I've tried locating it online, but haven't been successful yet -- if I do find it, I'll link the file here.

Problem 5: NPC Walking: Sometimes, they can walk directly in front of doors / the only exit, and while they do move eventually, it can get a bit frustrating.

Don't take this to mean that the game is bad -- quite the contrary, I'm looking forward to getting more than an hour into the game (yeah, I have a lot of criticism for such short playing time), but I think that these things could be improved for later on, and for future players.
Keep up the good work, and if there's anything I can do, let me know! I can program in Visual BASIC .net, Java, and Wolfram Mathematica (none of which, I assume, are particularly useful to you), but I can, if needed, consult, and perhaps take a look at some of the code to optimize the methodology, if you would like it.
Again, keep it up

EDIT: Apparently, I can't walk into the museum in Pewter City, either.
Old June 23rd, 2009 (12:29 AM).

Can you guys add an Action Replay to the game, this would make it fun if you didn't want to spend hours getting a high lvl pokemon. I don't want to have to search a way to open the game folder to do the stuff myself....
Old June 23rd, 2009 (03:27 AM).

So basically you want to cheat?
Old June 23rd, 2009 (04:03 AM).
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Cool! The Cerulean Gym looks just like the gym on the anime.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)