• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twin Horizons: The War-Torn World (Ooc thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Well, I gave warning that I was not going to be able to post... Actually, I've been working on my papers all through their due date two days ago. Also this weekend and this week, I was recording some songs I wrote in a studio, so I had to take time to prepare audio files and such. Not to mention this week is finals week at school for me, so I had to prepare for those as well... Needless to say, it's been a busy week for me.

But fear not! I have my last final tomorrow, and after that I won't have school for another three months! That means I'll have a lot more time to post. And I even had a lot of time today, hence why I just did a post.

I guess I have a tendency to make a really long post after a long absence... Well, my posts shall be shorter and more frequent after this. I apologise again for the delayed absence.

And Nano, your wish of characters responding to you has been granted. I guess I got a little carried away with that response, but...

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
So, I updated the roster. From my count...there's four of us left.

Well, whatever. I'm just glad it's not dead.

Also, my muse has been difficult, but I WILL post later today.

LugiaFreak

Years
A few questions...

1} Am I supposed to be in the roster? :-?

2} What ever happened to those mini-profile thingies you had us type up?

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
1) Whoops. I forgot to add you. Actually, I just deleted everyone else.
2) I got a whopping three, so there's really no point in posting them. Sorry to waste your time. Actually, I'm a bit surprised you guys are still working so hard to keep this thing alive...

Ninetales1

Years
Yeah, with only five people in this RPG, those "short signups" are rather pointless. The only hard part becomes finding those signups--they're scattered throughout the RPG thread, and some are in the OOC thread as well.

But I think as long as the five of us stay in this RPG, we have a good-sized RPG going. This way, we only have five characters (six actually, because I have two) to keep track of. Six is a good number, right...?

Haha, I shall still work hard to keep this RPG going, even if everyone else leaves and it turns out to be a duo. Especially since my two favourite RPG characters are in it, and the plot is overall promising. This RPG shall not die until you, Dream, grow tired of it. Or until I suffer some tragic incident that prevents me from posting, which I certainly hope will not happen. Or until it ends, which I really hope will happen eventually!

I'll get in a post after you post.

EDIT: Where in the world is Lugia Freak's signup? I looked all over both threads and couldn't find it...

Last edited:

LugiaFreak

Years
Sign-Up

NAME: Lilah Moore

JOB/ROLE: Pokémon Trainer

PERSONALITY: Lilah is a quiet, sensible Trainer who is very antisocial and prefers to travel alone and away from people. She isn't very kind to most people and trusts no one until they can prove their worth. However, she is a lover of all different kinds of Pokémon. Her preferred battling types are Dark, Ghost, and Ice. However, even though she is a certified Trainer, Lilah prefers not to battle unless she has to. [Ex. Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champion] She is reluctant to accept random battle requests from people she doesn't know, but in order to properly level up her Weavile, she must battle to gain experience.

Lilah can put up with most things for quite a while before her temper gets the better of her. She doesn't enjoy chatty, annoying people, but she can live with them if it is necessary. The one thing she will not tolerate, however, is any kind of harm or insult toward her beloved Weavile. Although her Weavile is powerful and [in most situations] can fend for itself, Lilah stands up to protect her Weavile at any cost.

Lilah often speaks her mind and is not one to mince words. She doesn't usually keep secrets, because she knows too many can cause more pain then prevent it. However, Lilah is, in fact, in love with her Weavile. Her Pokémon feels the same way, but this fact does not make Lilah any less of a person or Trainer. Lilah has told no one about this, and doesn't plan on doing so in the future.

STRENGTHS: Lilah is a powerful Trainer when using her Weavile. She uses a combination of strategy and raw power to defeat her opponent.

WEAKNESSES: Lilah's main strength is also her main weakness. Lilah's bond with her Weavile is so strong, being separated causes them both to lose focus of everything but returning to their partner. If either were to die, the other would most likely give up on all set goals and become a useless shell.

APPEARANCE: Lilah is a bit thin, but her physical power is not any better or any worse than other girls her age. Lilah wears a dark gray zip-up shirt with a pinkish V-Shape pattern. Her shirt is a little tight so as not to get in the way when battling or walking through places like dense woods. Lilah also wears a long, wide scarf that is for purely for fashion purposes. She does not wear the scarf when battling, however.

Lilah wears dark gray, skin-tight pants that are just above her knees. She also wears a skirt similar to her other clothes, as if the entire thing were part of a set.

Lilah's hair is strikingly similar to that of a Misdreavus. Her main hair color is a deep blue/gray color with a pink tint at the ends. Her hair is a few inches from her shoulders, although one side is a little higher than the other because she wears a golden clip to keep the hair out of her eyes. When she lets her hair down, it curls slightly at the ends. Lilah's eyes are golden and have a rather menacing look to them.

BACKGROUND: Lilah lives in the region of Sinnoh, and she resided in her hometown of Snowpoint until she found her Sneasel at a young age. Lilah witnessed a battle between her Sneasel [when it was still wild] and a Pok
émon Collector. She noticed that the ear was on the wrong side of its head, which helped her to recognize the Pokémon years later. She took in the Sneasel because it was severely injured [physically and mentally] and nursed it back to health. When she turned ten, Lilah began her Pokémon Journey with Sneasel.

During her Pokémon Journey, Lilah wanted to travel alone. However, when she first set out, she didn't know much about Pokémon and where to find them, so her neighbor, Jack, was sent with her. Jack was helpful in some ways, but the two didn't get along very well and grew apart over time. Eventually, after Lilah had learned what she thought was sufficient information on the Pokémon world, she told him to go home. After minimal protest, Jack left and headed out on his own. Lilah doesn't know - or care - where he is now.

SPECIAL SKILLS: Lilah is able to connect with Pokémon on an emotion level, which helps her become close friends with the Pokémon much faster than a regular person. Although she cannot technically 'speak' to Pokémon, Lilah can understand their body language and facial features much better then most people.
Lilah is also fierce competitor when battling with her Weavile and is a force to be reckoned with when angry and at full power.

OTHER SKILLS: Lilah can start a fire by hand, which is a helpful skill without the aid of a Fire-Type Pokémon on her team. She is able to keep relatively calm in frantic situations and she can figure out how to get out of tough situations to a certain extent.

Spoiler:

Ninetales1

Years
Haha, gotta love that bond between Lilah and Weavile. It reminds me a bit of the bond between Yamiko and Lupin... well, maybe such is the nature of love after all.

Anyway, Lugia, I was looking at your last post and noticed that you had Mackenzie say something. I know you're kind of new to RPing, but controlling another character is called "bunnying", and is discouraged in RPGs on this site. Just beware of that in the future.

LugiaFreak

Years
Anyway, Lugia, I was looking at your last post and noticed that you had Mackenzie say something. I know you're kind of new to RPing, but controlling another character is called "bunnying", and is discouraged in RPGs on this site. Just beware of that in the future.
*hides under large pile of pillows* I'm sorry ;; I'll make sure to avoid that in the future. I can change that around really easily, so I think I'll go ahead and do that. Thanks for the advice. ^^

Last edited:

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Of course, if you ask the other person permission first, then it's okay. Just make sure that if you do bunny, that you get the character's owner's permission first.

LugiaFreak

Years
FYI, I'll be gone starting July 10th. I'm going on a vacation for about a week, but I'm not sure what the exact day is that I'll be getting home.

Sooo... Yeah. Just wanted to let everyone know. ^^

Last edited:

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Yes, I'm here....I'm in something of a creative slump. Even my fanfiction has ground to a halt.

I'm sorry for this. I need to get my inspiration back. I haven't given up, and I'll force myself to make a post sometime with the next couple of days.

Again, sorry for all the trouble.

Ninetales1

Years
Well, I can't post yet because A) I need Lupin's question answered by Iyo (and Ryu as well, although maybe I'll just bunny him if Umbreon doesn't return soon), and B) the next post I want to make involves soldiers, and I'm not sure whether we're allowed to control them yet.

So Dream, either you can post or you can allow us to control a few soldiers in the city--either one will make me able to post something other than flashbacks and conversations between my characters. (I can think of a rough idea for a post if either one of those happens)

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Alright, I THINK I got my inspiration back, or something, so I'll post tomorrow, because it's late, and I'm tired, but to answer your question Ninetails, i'll be making official contact with soldiers in my next post, and once we get in the city, the soldiers are fair game, but keep it limited, small groups of three and four soldiers, and nothing more than, say, a Humvee or Jeep or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back