Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:25 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
I've started a new job today, so progress will not be going as fast as it has been - I will continue to do what I can in my free time to get the game working, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Isn't Bulbasaur too light? His color looks like it's light green but too much
For Bulbasaur, I'm using a certain palette, so if I change the colors on the palette, it will affect other sprites that share the same pallet - that's what happened with the Ash sprite and I've been having to re-edit a lot of sprites to get rid of the green and I added to the pallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon12345678901 View Post
Mainly Jessie & James's overworlds and battle sprites.

Some of the others like ash's back & front and Brock's battle sprite looks faded.

Brock's overworld.

I like Misty's overworld and battle sprite though.

Remember metapod23 this is all my opinion, so if you like it you can keep it and I'll still play it anyway.
I understand, but it helps to have some comments on what needs improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches1 View Post
Are u going to release it soon?
It may be a while before it's ready to release. I'll try to get a beta ready before too long.
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
It may be a while before it's ready to release. I'll try to get a beta ready before too long.
Don't haste too much
As for me I'd like to wait and then play without any bugs rather then play bugged version
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:25 AM
uchiha sasuke
I'm glad I'm one of them!

I am keeping an eye on this.
It seems very promising!
Good luck!
my platinum fc: 0861 0965 3604
Old June 17th, 2009, 07:37 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

UPDATE: I pretty much finished redoing the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle events and will move to Bill's Lighthouse and Vermilion City.

Also, con-11 has provided a new trainer sprite for Team Rocket which I have inserted into the game:

Last edited by metapod23; June 17th, 2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Co500
You think you're strong? You're not.
Community Supporter

looks very good, do you know when you'll be coming to a beta?
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Samike360
Lover of May

I would love to do some scripting for this hack if you want (I'm fairly good, I have done some level scripts and complex scripts for Death Spawn and Academy, and also the hack I'm working on)

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Also, con-11 has provided a new trainer sprite for Team Rocket which I have inserted into the game
Those sprites are looking good. Good luck with scripting
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old June 18th, 2009, 08:06 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by con-11 View Post
looks very good, do you know when you'll be coming to a beta?
I'm not sure of a date right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samike360 View Post
I would love to do some scripting for this hack if you want (I'm fairly good, I have done some level scripts and complex scripts for Death Spawn and Academy, and also the hack I'm working on)
I'll keep you in mind; I'm not sure right now what I'd need help with, but if/when I think of something I'll PM you and see what can be worked out.

Quote:
Those sprites are looking good. Good luck with scripting
Thanks!
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Yo, Con. Your sprites are well sprited!!
Can't wait to see more of this interesting stuff!
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; June 21st, 2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old June 20th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

How it's going Metapod?
Which event are ya doin' now?

Old June 21st, 2009, 07:48 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
How it's going Metapod?
The last one I think.
Or maybe not that far.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
How it's going Metapod?
I'm working on it when I can.

I'm still perfecting St. Anne. I've added some Rocket goons, but need to change them in A-Trainer, and I'm working on the part where you battle Jessie and James. I've got a semi-script for the Captain where, when you talk to him (after finding Cut), there's an earthquake animation, and I'm hoping I can create a script that will eventually lead you to being stranded at sea - but I'm not at that point yet!

Thanks for asking!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
I'm still perfecting St. Anne. I've added some Rocket goons, but need to change them in A-Trainer, and I'm working on the part where you battle Jessie and James. I've got a semi-script for the Captain where, when you talk to him (after finding Cut), there's an earthquake animation, and I'm hoping I can create a script that will eventually lead you to being stranded at sea - but I'm not at that point yet!
It's awesome that you're going through a lot of Progress since the last update.
Can wait to see more updates.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:44 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Great Btw ya might ask the creator of Ash's Quest hack he'd sure know how to do that

Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:52 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Wow this is nice! But if you added some tiles or spiced up the look of the hack, this would be great!
It seems exciting, hope you do well on this

Btw, if you need help creating an earthquake, I can help. It's a little more tricky than "special 0x136"

Last edited by cooley; June 23rd, 2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Added font..
Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Prince View Post
It's awesome that you're going through a lot of Progress since the last update.
Can wait to see more updates.
Thanks! Here's a quick update:

I got a script working that will have the St. Anne animation take place once you board the ship, and once you board the ship, you can't leave, so that you'll be on the ship while it sets sail. I'll probably try to add a healing person somewhere as well to substitute for a Pokemon Center.

Quote:
Great Btw ya might ask the creator of Ash's Quest hack he'd sure know how to do that
I've got the earthquake itself to work, but the whole script needs refinement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley View Post
Wow this is nice! But if you added some tiles or spiced up the look of the hack, this would be great!
It seems exciting, hope you do well on this

Btw, if you need help creating an earthquake, I can help. It's a little more tricky than "special 0x136"
Thanks! Adding tiles and stuff will probably be the last thing I do, though.

With the earthquake script, I just had it call an already existing earthquake script in the game, rather than try to make a new one.

UPDATE: I've pretty much finished the St. Anne event. I'll be working on the shipwreck and island of giant Pokémon events next.

Last edited by destinedjagold; June 26th, 2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: not long enough/not an update, to validate the double posting rule...
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Thanks! Adding tiles and stuff will probably be the last thing I do, though.

With the earthquake script, I just had it call an already existing earthquake script in the game, rather than try to make a new one.
Oh, okay. Never thought of doing it that way :\
But good luck with it :D

Old June 26th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Tudj
HeartGold :P

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tudj
in this, with the charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle events do u have to cxatch them or after you beat them they join your team, because to follow the anime you had all 3
Old June 26th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Sakiko123

Nature: Careful
In the Anime, both Bulbasaur and Charmander were caught during battles they wanted to have, but Squirtle just joined the team without participating in one.
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:51 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25cricket25 View Post
in this, with the charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle events do u have to cxatch them or after you beat them they join your team, because to follow the anime you had all 3
I have it so you have to battle and catch them for them to join your party. Charmander and Squirtle didn't exactly go that way in the anime, but Ash did battle both of the before catching them in a way, and imo it works a lot better than having them just choose to join you.
Old June 27th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

I know that this question sounds weird, but will Bulbasaur/Squirtle or Charmander evolve to their final forms? I don't want Bulba or Squirty to be nooby Pokemon.
Old June 29th, 2009, 11:27 AM
.com

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
The newest-er screenshots are looking better. Still kinda blurry though. What are you taking them on anyways?

Edit: OH. You're saving them in JPEG. That's why the quality sucks. Save as PNG from now on por favor so they don't look blurry. -.-

Last edited by .com; June 29th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:28 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

I've been busy for a while, but got a chance the last couple days to work on the hack. I've finished the Island of the Giant Pokemon event and will be moving on to Porta Vista next.
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Co500
You think you're strong? You're not.
Community Supporter

This game is looking better and better I cant wait for a release!!!
GOOD LUCK!
Old July 7th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Reina07
There can only be one victor!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Reina07
Awesome hack.

Where are the banners so I can put it onto my signature
Hacks I Support:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here