• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Johto Adventures

What Pichu should you have for the side-quest?

• Notched-Ear Pichu

Votes: 135 56.7%
  • Shiny Pichu (From the 12th movie an HG/SS)

Votes: 78 32.8%
  • Just a regular normal Pichu

Votes: 25 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Pokemon Johto Adventures

Basic Info
Name: Pokemon Johto Adventures
Author: con-11
Hack of: FireRed

1st Johto anime hack

Features
#Return to Johto
#Adventure through the episodes of the Johto Saga (Seasons 3,4 and 5 of the Anime)
#Meet and travel with characters such as Brock,Misty,Casey,Pikachu, and many more!
#New, interesting scripts
#New maps
#Catch pokemon that Ash catches in the Anime...or catch your favorites

Reason for Creation

I saw that many people are trying to make hacks for the 1st season of the Anime, but I thought "what about the 3rd season and onwards?" Maybe it's because people are too lazy to remap Johto or people haven't thought of the idea. I made this hack to show these people that an anime hack doesn't have to be about the first season. I also wanted people to experience the Johto episodes, and hopefully I will succeed.

Story
Most of us have watched the Anime, therefore we know the basic jist of the storyline. You are Ash Ketchum (or whatever name you choose ). Your dream is to become a Pokemon Master, and to accomplish that you must win the Johto League by collecting the 8 badges of gyms scattered throughout the region. The story begins when you arrive at a mysterious path on the way to New Bark Town. On your adventure, expect to relive the Anime moments that we all love...from seeing a suicune to battling Harrison in the Johto Silver Conference. However, there have been reports that 3 people (or 2 and a pokemon....) have made it to Johto and are up to no good...can they be the silly Team Rocket with the bad jokes that followed you around Kanto? We'll just have to wait and see...

Screenshots! old
Spoiler:

Screenshots! NEW
Spoiler:

Support Banner
Spoiler:

BETAS/ALPHAS
Spoiler:

Completed
Spoiler:

Quick News
Spoiler:

Bugs
Disappeared words (Easy to fix)
Movement Errors (Ditto)

Team
Altaria King - Scripter, Tile inserter
Saxisai - Returns as my spriter
5qwerty - 2nd scripter
Me - Mapper, Backup scripter, OW inserter
On break:
Samike360 - Co-Owner, Scripter

Help WOULD be appreciated.

Ive forgotten some people's names, because I have deleted my inbox. If I cant find you tell me if its you....

AWARDS
johtoadventuresawardcopy.png

Credits
Ckret2 - For making me a map.
Alice. - for the lovely banner
Sergo.! - Jessies hair
Hackmew - Sorting out level Script + more
Coronis - Some OverWorlds
KostK - TR battle sprite
School Kid John - For the awesome support banners!

Ive used a tileset from a rombase but have forgotten which one if its yours or knows who's it is PM me. (might not have the screenies up yet)

FIN

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I've been waiting for an attempt at a Johto anime remake for awhile. Isn't it Johto "Journeys", not "Adventures" though. =P, if you were basing it on the anime's name. It also seems like a better project name, if it isn't already taken. The mapping could be better from what you've shown, but either way, good luck!

Also, I thought in the anime Suicune is shown in a forest on the way to New Bark, in a pond-thing, and they don't know its name? Idr exactly, because I haven't watched the anime in years, but either way, that's how I remembered it.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
looks, awesome but Johto is a small region, I was wondering will there be another
regions in your hack and here is a map based on johto anime

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
^No, if you watched the first episode you would understand :)

The absense (spelling?) of Nurse Joy is significant to the plot.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
The Reason we called it Adventures is because were doing more than the 3rd season.
Also the map in the anime is different to the game cause in the mini movie mewtwo returns there is mount fuji (or something...forgot name)
BTW support banners would be welcome

Fleur

~LaFleur
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
:))
I had same idea :))
2nd generation is the best :))
Good luck guys :))
~LaFleur

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Thanks for all your responses just for you to know we are looking for an OW inserter than knows how to insert into free slots(using hex I think)

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Just to let you know,
Progress is mving! We are finishing up the first episode (changing new bark town map) the 2nd episode will be done easily/quickly seen as thought its only three battles

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
This is awesome! >D I hope you continue your work on this, because Johto and being able to play as Ash will be awesome.

um were guna maybe put the mini movie mewtwo returns in but that could be a while away

What did you say?! You're going to put Mewtwo Returns in this?! Man, I hope you do, because that's one of my favorite Pokemon movies. It would be fun to play through that! :cer_boogie: Great idea. Maybe you can include most of the dialogue from the movie, that would be interesting.

Well, I hope you keep up the good work! :cer_wink:

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
um were guna maybe put the mini movie mewtwo returns in but that could be a while away
Good idea but I don't really know if it's possible...

Just to let you know,
Progress is mving! We are finishing up the first episode (changing new bark town map) the 2nd episode will be done easily/quickly seen as thought its only three battles
You're gonna add all the episodes?
Man if yes I think you'd have to make the ROM 32MB instead of default 16

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
like we said some will be easy but if one episode is just walking through a route and pikachu gets stolen by TR we could skip that,
BTW if you want the Mini Movie in we need a OW inserter using hex to create free spaces. New pics of new bark town should be up shortly

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
I will have new screenies soon but have a script problem so not for now. If your a scriptor and would like to help me get out of this pickle (script is somewhere its not suppose to be) please reply or contact me, alpha may be on the way aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back