Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 29th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Vednix
:D

Nature: Docile
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrince304 View Post
@Mega Maccer:
This is it: 00460568

I am saying my question again
1st: What's the Tile Molester Offset of the Intro Hero in Fire Red
I am having problems editing it in black and white colours
So I have the Pallet Offset ready and I just need the Sprite Offset

2nd:
How do I change the sprite frame of a sprite on the same spot it is standing in a script?

Please help me
You've posted your question twice on the same page. If necessary, PM someone who knows what they're doing. otherwise, dont keep positng the same question over and over.
._.
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:36 AM
pizzaM4N
Beginning Trainer

hi,
has anybody a real time clock (ips) fix for pokemon Emerald? I play it on a supercard miniSD (flash card for GBA).

regards pizzaM4N

Last edited by pizzaM4N; June 30th, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon View Post
Just compiling the script and allocating it to a script tile isn't working. I wanted to see if it would freeze if I set the unknow to 0000 and the variable number to 0000 as well, and it did. Yet I tried using the 0300 and 4050 from the diegoisawesome's tutorial and they didn't work.

So, does anyone know if there are particular numbers we need to use for unknown and variable number to get a script to work? ...and if so, how do we figure them out?
Instead of 0300 try 0003 and 4050.Thats what I use and it works.Also it can be different if you dont have the newest advanced map,but it should be that.
I laugh looking at this.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:04 AM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Nature: Naughty
I have a few questions...

1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"
3. Sometimes my scripts ruin themselves

Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Vednix
:D

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post

1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"

I can answer number 2 for ya.

For it to be indexed,. it needs to be in 16 colour bit mode. To do this, you'll need some image editing softer that can lower the bit rate. the most popular is IrfanView
._.
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:51 AM
cooley
///Keepin' it simple

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley Send a message via Skype™ to cooley
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post

1. Well that's why it's a script editor and not a text Lol. But if you're adding more text, it's not safe especially when there's another script right after the one you're editing.

When you add, you overwrite the next bytes, and since the next bytes are used and not Free space, XSE doesn't repoint the script or something similar to that. All you have to do is decompile the script, and replace the offset "0x8105925" with a dynamic one "@msg" and insert a #dynamic tag at the top of the full script. XSE will auto-replace it for you

2. Download IrfanView, and open the picture. Goto Image->Decrease Color depth->click on either 256, or 16 colors->Click OK, and Save file.

It's not the script. Because the script doesn't have a brain or thought processes XD
Maybe you should post, so we can help you.

Old June 30th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Ok, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the script that I'm using, but it should work...

So, my problem is, I made a script where you see a poké ball, you click it, it shows a picture of a pokemon, asks if you want it yes/no. If no, then ok, choose another one, end script. When you press yes you go on, get the pokemon, fanfair, your rival picks a pokemon and then he leaves...

This all takes place in the lab, with an aid and your rival. Now, my problem is... that after you choose your pokemon, you can choose if you want to give it a name. When you press no the script runs fine and it works as it should. When you press yes the script also works fine... but at the end of the script you don't control the player but the lab assistant... Why's this?

I don't think the script is need... but I'm still posting it xD
Oh, and it's a level script.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @Start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @Done
showpokepic 0x8 0xA 0x3
msgbox @WantFreezpool 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @No
hidepokepic
msgbox @GoodChoice 0x4
hidesprite LASTTALKED
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
givepokemon 0x8 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @GiveName 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call @NameDoing
applymovement 0x5 @MoveRival
pause 0x50
msgbox @RivalPick 0x4
hidesprite 0x2
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @FindQuick 0x6
applymovement 0x5 @MoveRival2
pause 0x70
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x500
setflag 0x201
setflag 0x203
release
end

#org @Done
msgbox @AlreadyHavePokemon 0x6
release
end

#org @No
hidepokepic
release
end

#org @NameDoing
setvar 0x8004 0x0
call @NameDoing2
return

#org @NameDoing2
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

#org @WantFreezpool
= [blue_fr]AID: FREEZPOOL, the WATER-TYPE\nPOKéMON!\pDo you want FREEZPOOL?

#org @GoodChoice
= [blue_fr]AID: I think that's a great choice,\n[player]!\p[player] received a FREEZPOOL!

#org @GiveName
= Would you like to give FREEZPOOL\na NICKNAME?

#org @RivalPick
= [blue_fr][rival]: Then I'll pick[.]\pThis one!\p[rival] received a SQUIBEEL!

#org @FindQuick
= [blue_fr]AID: Find him, quickly!\nPlease!\p[rival]: Sure!\pC'mon, [player]!\pLet's find him!

#org @AlreadyHavePokemon
= You already got your POKéMON!

#org @MoveRival
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @MoveRival2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

I'll try if it helps to do the name choosing later in the game...
But I'm still wondering why this happens, so if anyone has an answer please answer :D

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old June 30th, 2009, 11:25 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Is the Lab Assitant's movements on Look down? If so change it to No movement. If not, I'll look over the script a bit more.
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
retired rom hacker
please PM me any moderation requests (keep in mind the 24 hour rule)
Old June 30th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Lyzo
On vacation

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice. View Post
Is the Lab Assitant's movements on Look down? If so change it to No movement. If not, I'll look over the script a bit more.
That fixed it :D!!!
Thanks for replying so quickly!

Thank you The Blueprint !!!
Old June 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
darrkwolfy
Beginning Trainer

please dont eat me if this has already been asked because 400 pages is a bit much to read.

im trying to edit the fire red titlescreen i want to use a new tileset and tilemap i used my own images and got them set up but the files were larger than the originals so i used free space finder to find a new adress i had it save it there then autimaticly repoint but when i start the game either the images are not there or are in about a million peices all over the screen compleatly unrecognizable how can i do this please let me know asap thx.
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Doom Chaos
I don't have a title

Nature: Calm
Me again, but this time this is very very VERY easy. I looked at the tutorial Dante made for the intro hero for Fire Red, but I can't save the BG in .act. Can somebody upload it somewhere I could download it? Everytime I choose the format, it saves it like this: bg.pal. I can't do a thing with that! I tried naming it "bg.act", but still not working! If I change the format manually, it screws the palette up. What the heck...
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:23 PM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
how to revamp old sprites?
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:24 PM
PlatniumPiano
You are now breathing manually

Nature: Lax
Well I guess I have a simple question, but it's kind of long...

I have a trainer in unLZ. Steven's sprite, to be exact. So I went to import my newly indexed .png file, a steven-ish sprite with a green shirt. I clicked export pallete, and all of the other boxes. No problems, the sprite was editied... However, I go to the previous trainer sprite in the list... and I get this:

Spoiler:

A gentlemen Trainer Sprite with the same pallete as the New stevens'. Not only that, but all of the other trainers before Steven now have a dumb- looking palette in unlZ- all of them have pallete 1039. Now, when I fight a gentleman in the game... He looks normal. He has a totally different pallete than what shows up in unLZ. Sure, this is confusing, but what's more so is that (the new) Steven's in-game sprite now has a discolored palette. However, in unLZ, it looks fine. Also, in every trainer editor I open... all trainer palettes, except Steven's, look normal.

My question is- How can I fix Steven's Palette in game, and the other trainer palettes in unLZ? Is my ROM screwed up? Will I be able to not edit any more trainers? Did I miss something important?

This is quite an important question, seeing as I need to edit the majority of trainers for my hack.

Thank you in advance

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:52 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Chaos View Post
Me again, but this time this is very very VERY easy. I looked at the tutorial Dante made for the intro hero for Fire Red, but I can't save the BG in .act. Can somebody upload it somewhere I could download it? Everytime I choose the format, it saves it like this: bg.pal. I can't do a thing with that! I tried naming it "bg.act", but still not working! If I change the format manually, it screws the palette up. What the heck...
Try using an updated VBA version to see if it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
Well I guess I have a simple question, but it's kind of long...

I have a trainer in unLZ. Steven's sprite, to be exact. So I went to import my newly indexed .png file, a steven-ish sprite with a green shirt. I clicked export pallete, and all of the other boxes. No problems, the sprite was editied... However, I go to the previous trainer sprite in the list... and I get this:

Spoiler:

A gentlemen Trainer Sprite with the same pallete as the New stevens'. Not only that, but all of the other trainers before Steven now have a dumb- looking palette in unlZ- all of them have pallete 1039. Now, when I fight a gentleman in the game... He looks normal. He has a totally different pallete than what shows up in unLZ. Sure, this is confusing, but what's more so is that (the new) Steven's in-game sprite now has a discolored palette. However, in unLZ, it looks fine. Also, in every trainer editor I open... all trainer palettes, except Steven's, look normal.

My question is- How can I fix Steven's Palette in game, and the other trainer palettes in unLZ? Is my ROM screwed up? Will I be able to not edit any more trainers? Did I miss something important?

This is quite an important question, seeing as I need to edit the majority of trainers for my hack.

Thank you in advance ^_^
unLZ keeps the palette and sprites list cached into the ROMName.gba.spr and ROMName.gba.pal files. Make sure to close the ROM and delete them both. Then load the ROM again with unLZ.
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:41 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
hmmm what's the pic number of the battle box(the one that shows you the HP & EXP bars)at unlz in fire red?
my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=64
Old July 1st, 2009, 03:27 AM
wolfy
Beginning Trainer

im using advance map with my friend were making a hack and such , but were having a problem

henever we try make a sprite, it stays in the corner on the "0" sprite.
it dosnt change even if i apply a script or not, and i made all the vars the same as another character and it still didnt work
Any ideas?
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:02 AM
Doom Chaos
I don't have a title

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
im using advance map with my friend were making a hack and such , but were having a problem

henever we try make a sprite, it stays in the corner on the "0" sprite.
it dosnt change even if i apply a script or not, and i made all the vars the same as another character and it still didnt work
Any ideas?
Go on events, click on your 0 sprite (left click) and change de picture no. And if you want to move it, you have to click, hold and place it somewhere else.

To answer HackMew, I'm gonna try in a few seconds, I'll edit my post for results.

EDIT: Should I take a stable version or a beta (the beta is the latest release)?
EDIT2: The beta makes it work fine. Thanks
EDIT3: After I enter a name, the sprite becomes screwy, why?

Last edited by Doom Chaos; July 1st, 2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:07 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Is it already possible to change the font in FR/LG?
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Yeah it is, in tile molester I think :\ I can't entirely remember, take a whack at asking Zeikku. He has fully incorporated a font hack in LC.
"i am the hero pokécommunity deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

paired with christos
retired rom hacker
please PM me any moderation requests (keep in mind the 24 hour rule)
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:19 AM
Gamewhale
lol --

I'm trying to add more trainers to my Ruby hack using A-Trainer, but when I edit the trainer amount and then go into the game and battle a trainer that was already there (not a new one that I have created), the game displays the trainer class and then a whole lot of random text shows up and the game crashes (so therefore I can't battle any trainer). Is there a way to fix this?

Old July 1st, 2009, 08:06 AM
PlatniumPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
unLZ keeps the palette and sprites list cached into the ROMName.gba.spr and ROMName.gba.pal files. Make sure to close the ROM and delete them both. Then load the ROM again with unLZ.
Thank you for the help! But now I have another problem with that. Every trainer sprites behind Steven's is now 1040. And all of them look fine in game (and a little better in unLZ), but steven still looks like this:
Spoiler:

And still wierd looking in unLZ. I tried importing steven again, and guess what? I'm back to square one.

This is making me think that my ROM is corrupted... am I wrong?

Old July 1st, 2009, 08:20 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamewhale View Post
I'm trying to add more trainers to my Ruby hack using A-Trainer, but when I edit the trainer amount and then go into the game and battle a trainer that was already there (not a new one that I have created), the game displays the trainer class and then a whole lot of random text shows up and the game crashes (so therefore I can't battle any trainer). Is there a way to fix this?
The only way to fix it is to wait for a new A-Trainer, since that bug has been reported (and fixed) already. Basically a few pointers to the trainer names weren't repointed causing the random text or whatever. I guess you don't want to go through the trouble of finding and repointing them by yourself, isn't it?

Quote:
Thank you for the help! But now I have another problem with that. Every trainer sprites behind Steven's is now 1040. And all of them look fine in game (and a little better in unLZ), but steven still looks like this:
Spoiler:

And still wierd looking in unLZ. I tried importing steven again, and guess what? I'm back to square one.

This is making me think that my ROM is corrupted... am I wrong?
Is the Auto abort enabled?
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
PlatniumPiano

Auto abort is enabled. I took it off and it worked, but I'mna put it on again. But unLZ just aborts it then, so how do I put it in?

Old July 1st, 2009, 11:36 AM
Yummeh.Strawberriez
Mapper/OW Spriter (:

Nature: Jolly
Hey i was wondering if someone could help me out, I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but i figure this seemed best.

I'd like to know if anybody has made a WORKING Rombase of Kyledoves DPPt tiles, because i have looked around a lot, and the closest i can find is one that has messed up door animations.
But the main problem is that NONE of the supposed kyledove have the interior tiles?
It's quite irritating, i would insert them myself and palette edit them myself, but i am shocking at inserting tiles, i fail epically..
Overall i really would like my hack to have the full kyledove DPPt style tiles, the buildings, the trees, grass, and especcially interior.
But i cannot find a thing.
And maybe if there isn't one, i was wondering if someone could insert them? I would of course give credit etc.
Any help would be appreciated an insane amount, i would be extremely grateful.
Thankyou in advance,
George.
Pokémon Rhenic/Poptart Creator (:

Happy to help anyone in need of a mapper/OW Spriter.
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:36 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Auto abort is enabled. I took it off and it worked, but I'mna put it on again. But unLZ just aborts it then, so how do I put it in?
You never, really never have to disable that option. Instead, you have to repoint the image you want to insert somewhere else by finding a free space area and putting the offset you found in the Image Offset when importing it into unLZ, making sure to have "Automatically fix pointers" enabled. To fix your screwed up ROM, see my tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section, HackMew's Knowledge. The link is in my sig.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here