The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:38 PM
PlatniumPiano
You are now breathing manually

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
You never, really never have to disable that option. Instead, you have to repoint the image you want to insert somewhere else by finding a free space area and putting the offset you found in the Image Offset when importing it into unLZ, making sure to have "Automatically fix pointers" enabled. To fix your screwed up ROM, see my tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section, HackMew's Knowledge. The link is in my sig.

But, if I insert the image somewhere else, how will I acsess the picture in game? Or with an editor?

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:41 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
But, if I insert the image somewhere else, how will I acsess the picture in game? Or with an editor?
No... after you insert it somewhere else, you just need to delete the *.spr and *.pal files and reload the ROM into unLZ. You'll find the image just like the others, except it won't be at the same place of course.
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:43 PM
MegaMaccer
If a tree falls in a forest

Ok, so this is my next problem
The backsprites for all the Fakemon that are inserted have really weird colours, like this one: (Ignore the Jpeg and the misnamed Bewstripe )
Spoiler:

I have no clue what the problem could be, because all the frontsprites are fine, and the backsprites use the same palettes as the front sprites :\ Help, please?

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:47 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMaccer View Post
Ok, so this is my next problem :P
The backsprites for all the Fakemon that are inserted have really weird colours, like this one: (Ignore the Jpeg and the misnamed Bewstripe ^^)
Spoiler:

I have no clue what the problem could be, because all the frontsprites are fine, and the backsprites use the same palettes as the front sprites :\ Help, please? :P
Looks like this could be the answer...
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:01 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Nature: Naughty
I have a few more questions.

1. When you set the clock in your house, then go downstairs, you mom says that there's an interview on TV about petalburg. How do you edit that?

2. After you beat your [rival] and you enter Professer Birch's lab. How do you edit that?

I need a really fast response.

Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:04 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
I have a few more questions.

1. When you set the clock in your house, then go downstairs, you mom says that there's an interview on TV about petalburg. How do you edit that?

2. After you beat your [rival] and you enter Professer Birch's lab. How do you edit that?

I need a really fast response.
Edit is pretty generic here. You mean editing what they say? Or what happens in general?
Either way, those are level scripts. There are some tutorials available. Also, keep in mind asking for a fast response won't help here. You will get an answer, eventually.
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:05 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Oh sorry. And I meant editing what they say. See, I can only use a script editor to edit texts, since Advance Text won't work for me. But I can't find the script that let's me editing either of those.

Old July 1st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Samike360
Lover of May

^Go to advancemap, and click where it says "header" then go down to map scripts. It's one of those.

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:12 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Oh sorry. And I meant editing what they say. See, I can only use a script editor to edit texts, since Advance Text won't work for me. But I can't find the script that let's me editing either of those.
It's not that hard actually. First of all load with AM the map where the scripts are executed. Then enable the Professional Header View option, go to the Header tab, and look for the Map Script Offset and copy it. Open XSE, load the ROM, paste the offset and enable the Level Script option (the button next to the decompile button). Finally, decompile. As usual with text editing you can't change the text so it's longer or you will overwrite data. That's when you need to repoint.
Old July 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Slight problem. When I did that, this is what came out.

'-----------------------
#org 0x152722

0x16000180
0x5000080

But actually, I need the offset of the script that exicutes that. That's what I need.

EDIT: Okay, forget that. I need to know how to make a Pikachu follow you like in Pokemon Yellow, and how to make it appear in battle like it would in Pokemon Yellow.

Last edited by monkeyman2092; July 1st, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM
YusukeandNaruto
Beginning Trainer

I would like to make my own game, but every time i try a map editing program it is all messed up. On the side of the program where all the pieces you can place on the map are it is all jumbled up and really hard to work with. Does anyone know how to fix this so it is more organized and has all the right parts?
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:53 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
EDIT: Okay, forget that. I need to know how to make a Pikachu follow you like in Pokemon Yellow, and how to make it appear in battle like it would in Pokemon Yellow.
That requires ASM hacking.
Old July 1st, 2009, 04:16 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by YusukeandNaruto View Post
I would like to make my own game, but every time i try a map editing program it is all messed up. On the side of the program where all the pieces you can place on the map are it is all jumbled up and really hard to work with. Does anyone know how to fix this so it is more organized and has all the right parts?
Its like that. You're using A-Map right? well the jumbeled up tiles are supposed to be like that. I think you should read a mapping tutorial like in the documents and tutorials section
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old July 1st, 2009, 04:32 PM
PlatniumPiano
You are now breathing manually

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
No... after you insert it somewhere else, you just need to delete the *.spr and *.pal files and reload the ROM into unLZ. You'll find the image just like the others, except it won't be at the same place of course.
Yes, I know it won't be in the same place, but let's say that the sprite I want to insert is a trainer. How would I get the trainers pic into A-trainer? Can it search for pictures? Because I know that there is room for extra Pokemon pictures, but I don't know if the same is true for trainers.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:15 PM
wolfy
Beginning Trainer

I tried editing other sprites and iot didnt worki thinka-map justcant edit sprites in 1`.92?
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Nature: Naive
Ok, I'm annoyed. Is there any Pokemon cry editer besides Poke Cry GUI, one that won't make Trend Micro delete the progam?
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:54 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_queen3 View Post
Ok, I'm annoyed. Is there any Pokemon cry editer besides Poke Cry GUI, one that won't make Trend Micro delete the progam?
Nope, as of yet, there are no other cry editors. Your best bet is to put the file in a .rar folder, and re-extract it every time it is deleted, so you don't have to keep re-downloading.
If it still deletes it in the .rar folder, try keeping it on a flash drive.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Haz
Haz ya seen my hack?

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Yahoo to Haz
Quick question here.
I was an idiot and accidently deleated all my tools and I don't want to download them all again . So my question is this:
What tools are absolutly nessesary for a hack? I have A-map, A-starter, XSE, UnlZ GBA, Lunar IPS, OWE and Free space finder. Is there any more I really need?

Fanfiction.net: Ha-Za-A

Credits to Galukxy for this awesome banner
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Nope, as of yet, there are no other cry editors. Your best bet is to put the file in a .rar folder, and re-extract it every time it is deleted, so you don't have to keep re-downloading.
If it still deletes it in the .rar folder, try keeping it on a flash drive.
Nope, that didn't work either. (Tried on a USB stick.) I hate Trend Micro right now, I move the file out of quarantine and it don't restore, it's so annoying.

It is a false postitive, right?
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:30 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Nope, that didn't work either. (Tried on a USB stick.) I hate Trend Micro right now, I move the file out of quarantine and it don't restore, it's so annoying.

It is a false postitive, right?
Wait, your irus scanner is installed on your PC? I was thinking you used the internet one...
Dunno how to help ya then...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:36 PM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Hmm... I see, thanks anyway.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 12:24 AM
onyx79
Red Dead Revolver

Nature: Modest
I started to learn about editing tiles,I wanted to insert the lab for HG\SS in the tilset this is my result: I don't know if it's good or bad...
however when I open the map with those tiles I can't see the lab -____-
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:09 AM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Hmm... I see, thanks anyway. :)
Try getting a better antivirus. PokéCry being recognized as a malware is obviously a false positive.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Wiimeiser
Beginning Trainer

How do I edit the graphics? I've searched all the possible results but none of them are graphics related.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:49 AM
Trainer 11
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
In unLZ-GBA, when ever I try to change May's sprite, it always ends up in the wrong color. I am supposed to use Shiny Medicham's colors, so I type in 931 for the palette. However, when I play the game, the colors are May's normal colors. Why is this happening? I am using Ruby Version for this.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links