The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
elliott 2
Beginning Trainer

I have quite a weird glitch.

whenever my character walks upwards an aroow appears as if I was entering a cave?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott 2 View Post
I have quite a weird glitch.

whenever my character walks upwards an aroow appears as if I was entering a cave?
The tiles you used are them "Warp" tiles without the warp. Use a different tile, or turn it off for that tile in Advance Map's Block Editor, but that will ruin other things possibly.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
elliott 2
Beginning Trainer

thanks, changing the tiles worked!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
PlatniumPiano
You are now breathing manually

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
You never, really never have to disable that option. Instead, you have to repoint the image you want to insert somewhere else by finding a free space area and putting the offset you found in the Image Offset when importing it into unLZ, making sure to have "Automatically fix pointers" enabled. To fix your screwed up ROM, see my tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section, HackMew's Knowledge. The link is in my sig.

I'm sorry, my ROM was not fixed when I tried your method. I've done it before but it did not work this time. I think it's because I made two changes to mess up the ROM? The first was inserting the new steven's sprite over wallys, then inserting the new steven's sprite over stevens :/

I don't care if I have to restart, but I do have a question: Can A-trainer find a new trainer sprite? If I put it in a different offset, is there a way for A-trainer to recognize it, or possibly search for it? I would give it the offset, and it would find the image.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
elliott 2
Beginning Trainer

I have another question, you know in firered when you enter a cave/forest? Well I changed Viridian Forest to a cave. How do I stop it showing the picture of the forest?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Vednix
:D

Nature: Docile
On Overworld editor RE, there's only 3 slots for each moving bit: the standing, and the moving one leg then moving the other. is there a way to extend that to 4? It would be appreciated if someone could help me with this.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
I'm sorry, my ROM was not fixed when I tried your method. I've done it before but it did not work this time. I think it's because I made two changes to mess up the ROM? The first was inserting the new steven's sprite over wallys, then inserting the new steven's sprite over stevens :/

I don't care if I have to restart, but I do have a question: Can A-trainer find a new trainer sprite? If I put it in a different offset, is there a way for A-trainer to recognize it, or possibly search for it? I would give it the offset, and it would find the image.
Yes, A-Trainer should recognize it without problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott 2 View Post
I have another question, you know in firered when you enter a cave/forest? Well I changed Viridian Forest to a cave. How do I stop it showing the picture of the forest?
Yeah, sure. Just change "Show name on enter" thingy in the Header tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vednix View Post
On Overworld editor RE, there's only 3 slots for each moving bit: the standing, and the moving one leg then moving the other. is there a way to extend that to 4? It would be appreciated if someone could help me with this.
Why would you want a 4th one?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
MegaMaccer
If a tree falls in a forest

Alright, I'm back with the same problem (well, a similar problem) to the one I had yesterday. The backsprites of all the Fakemon are still weird (Its a case of different palettes. Only really slightly different, but still different) which I think is what our problem is. So what I did was get the frontsprite with the correct palette, and paste the backsprite with the bad pal onto the top, which changed the colours really slightly. Nothing major at all. After that I re-inserted without changing anything. I had all boxes ticked except auto fix pointers, and then once I inserted it, this is what happened:
Spoiler:
This is the original problem:
Spoiler:
And this is the old indexed sprite (the one that had the wrong colours):
Spoiler:
and the new one (the one with the big block around it):
Spoiler:
As you can see, the frontsprite works fine:
Spoiler:
If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated. I really really need to get this fixed up. I hope its a fairly easy fix

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMaccer View Post
Alright, I'm back with the same problem (well, a similar problem) to the one I had yesterday. The backsprites of all the Fakemon are still weird (Its a case of different palettes. Only really slightly different, but still different) which I think is what our problem is. So what I did was get the frontsprite with the correct palette, and paste the backsprite with the bad pal onto the top, which changed the colours really slightly. Nothing major at all. After that I re-inserted without changing anything. I had all boxes ticked except auto fix pointers, and then once I inserted it, this is what happened:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated. I really really need to get this fixed up. I hope its a fairly easy fix ^^
Uhm... what sprite(s) are you replacing exactily?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
Doom Chaos
I don't have a title

Nature: Calm
I have a(nother) problem with Advance Map, there is a section about Viridian City (modified version) I can't access: it automaticly restarts the game if I cross a certain spot. I don't have any map scripts, I don't have any events that force restart and I never had this problem before (both on VBA 1.72 and 1.8 do the same result). What's wrong?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:37 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Uhm... what sprite(s) are you replacing exactily?
Well, Goodies did the inserting, and assured me that they were in right. I believe that Freezpool is replacing Wartortle. I'm not exactly sure of the reasoning, but the sprites have been inserted all over the place, not in any real order. So, I'm also looking for a pokedex order editor, if you happen to know where one is? There used to be one floating around here somewhere...

Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:42 PM
HackMew
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
Well, Goodies did the inserting, and assured me that they were in right. I believe that Freezpool is replacing Wartortle. I'm not exactly sure of the reasoning, but the sprites have been inserted all over the place, not in any real order. So, I'm also looking for a pokedex order editor, if you happen to know where one is? There used to be one floating around here somewhere...
I mean... what sprites were replaced?
For the PokéDex order editor, take a look at the Toolbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Chaos View Post
I have a(nother) problem with Advance Map, there is a section about Viridian City (modified version) I can't access: it automaticly restarts the game if I cross a certain spot. I don't have any map scripts, I don't have any events that force restart and I never had this problem before (both on VBA 1.72 and 1.8 do the same result). What's wrong?
Most likely a screwed up map. Just to be 100% sure, check a backup and/or clean ROM.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Doom Chaos
I don't have a title

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Most likely a screwed up map. Just to be 100% sure, check a backup and/or clean ROM.
Hmmm... I think I'll restart at zero, a fresh Fire Red ROM, but I will still create the same maps. By the way, yesterday it worked perfectly fine, I didn't edit it and today it screwed up. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks HackMew.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
I mean... what sprites were replaced?
For the PokéDex order editor, take a look at the Toolbox.
*Heads to Toolbox*
For Freezpool, Wartortle was replaced, front and back. Various other sprites were replaced, but there are quite a few other Fakemon that have been inserted. All of them have the same problem with their backsprites, while the frontsprites are fine.

Old July 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Zanny77
I'm back, baby!

Nature: Jolly
I have a problem that I used to be able to figure out...but I forgot. :\
When I try to insert a tileset, I get "Palette file not found." What do I do?
I have changed the palette in AdvanceMap, and it should work.

I SUPPORTQUOTECREDITHACK
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
monkeyman2092
Aipom Awesome!!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
That requires ASM hacking.
Uh... What exactly is ASM?

Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
Uh... What exactly is ASM?
ASM stands for Assembly.
It is a much more complicated programing language used for advanced GBA commands.
It is recommended you get yourself acquainted with ROM hacking before you even attempt ASM, as it is one of the most difficult methods out there.
(Well, it would be easier if SOME PEOPLE WOULD POST MORE TUTORIALS (You KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!))
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Vednix

Quote:
Why would you want a 4th one?
Well, its for a hack im thinking of. mudkip in mystery dungeon has 4 frames: one standing, the 3 moving. I was wondering if i would insert another frame for it so that I could have all frames instead of cutting one out. Also, I want to change the dimensions from 16x32 to 17x32. Can this be done wihtout bumming up the frame?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated. I really really need to get this fixed up. I hope its a fairly easy fix ^^
If you see a block around it, then it's probably because the background is the wrong color. The first color in a palette is transparent in the game, so that's the one you should use for the background.
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:20 PM
theswordbuggy
Rom Hacker

I have a question. Are we able to ask the people in this community what the story in our hack could be and we can, where do i post a thread so that i could do that.

Thank You,
Sword Buggy

Last edited by theswordbuggy; July 4th, 2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 4th, 2009, 04:02 PM
MegaMaccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswordbuggy View Post
I have a question. Are we able to ask the people in this community what the story in our hack could be and we can, where do i post a thread so that i could do that.

Thank You,
Sword Buggy
I'm not sure I exactly understand :\ The Scrapbox is for posting hack ideas, and you don't have to have any media for that section at all. Perhaps thats what you were asking?

Old July 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by theswordbuggy View Post

Thank You,
Sword Buggy
Here is where you should go.

Quote:
I'm not sure I exactly understand :\ The Scrapbox is for posting hack ideas, and you don't have to have any media for that section at all. Perhaps thats what you were asking?
How about next time, if you don't know the answer you don't tell them misleading answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicEdge View Post
So imagine this scenario, if you will:

I'm in a double battle. I have a Dodrio and Marowak. It's turn three; Dodrio's about to die. Dodrio goes first and uses Rest. Next, Marowak uses Swagger on Dodrio to boost its attack for Sleep Talk. My question: The next time he attacks, is there a chance of Dodrio being injured due to Confusion even though he's asleep?

I'd test this myself, but I don't have Platinum yet.
Can I ask, what does this have to do with hacking?
The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old July 4th, 2009, 07:12 PM
School days again...

Nature: Naughty
When inserting the tile in the attachment, when changing the palettes, can I use the other palettes?
Attached Images
File Type: png platinumhouse.PNG‎ (1.8 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)

--------------------------
My Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=201787
Post your suggestions on my thread.
Contains DPP and HGSS Tiles and Overworlds!

874521 Pair up with Napalm
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Shroomish
Beginning Trainer

How do i use a warp so that when the player uses the warp he falls from above onto the next map?
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Vednix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomish View Post
How do i use a warp so that when the player uses the warp he falls from above onto the next map?
You would have to set the position of the map so that he falls in the place you want him to.

Sponsored Links