The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Limey-chan
Moonlight
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey-chan

Advertise here
Yep. Using Gameshark to help complete your Pokédex is cheating. Surely there must be someone you can trade? =/

Old June 20th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Cassino
trumpet skeleton of the abyss

Only event Pokemon via Gameshark are not cheating since you'd have to go to a certain event at a certain time and place and it's not worth the effort.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:00 PM
agent destroyer
pokemon prof. for team rocket

Location: in a deep dark carvern plotting to take over the world. HA HA HA!
hi ive been trying to get hitmontop on pokemon gold.
so i evolved tyrogue into hitmonlee and breed hitmonlee with a ditto and got a tyrogue ad evolved it into hitmonchan and bread hitmonchan with the same ditto and the game says "it's brimming with energy" but why won't they breed?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Maybe try using your Hitmonlee, your Hitmonchan may not like the Ditto.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Foxnordic
Common trainer

my dittos never really worked when i tried breeding lol

Pinsir, a pretty cool pokemon...
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
Hitokage2
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hitokage2
I think pokemon generally frowns upon incest in G/S/C. Pokemon will not make eggs with direct relatives. Because your Ditto is technically the parent of your Hitmonchan, they will not breed. Instead, try breeding with Hitmonlee and Ditto because they aren't related. When trying to evolve your Tyrogue into a Hitmontop, make sure that its attack and defense stats are equal at level 20. It can be tough to balance the attack and defense stat. I found that giving either protein or iron to even out the attack and defense stat for a level 19 Tyrogue may increase your chances of getting a Hitmontop when evolving to level 20. Good luck!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
agent destroyer
pokemon prof. for team rocket

Location: in a deep dark carvern plotting to take over the world. HA HA HA!
thanks i didn't think been related would matter. And hitmontop will evlove when a tyrogue is bred from a hitmonchan and then evolved. And i have never seen the line "it's brimming with energy" before now.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Missingno.7-4468
The Kazuka Party is for curry!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Missingno.7-4468
Tyrogue evolves into Hitmontop when it's defense and attack are equal, check any Pokemon information site. I haven't seen "brimming with energy" before either...

^ This one is 500 px long for sure
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Droidz
¬‿¬

Nature: Mild
I dont want to sound stupid but every time i save my pokemon Gold file it says you have to wait a certain amount of time before it completely saves.So if i want to save my game i can but i cant turn it off or else i'll lose the file.Does this happen with everyone?
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Amplified Ampharos
Christmas Plant

Yes, it happens with everyone. It has happened throughout all the games. Did that answer your question?
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Amplified Ampharos
Christmas Plant

Well the thread says it all but if you can answer I only need and want pure Normal types
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Droidz
¬‿¬

Nature: Mild
Yeah it did thanks. I just was never sure because it didnt happen with any of the other games.
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:10 AM
processr
Community Supporter Tier 5

Gold and Silver were the first games to use an internal clock, and this was kept synchronised (i.e. so it would be at the correct time when you next played) by the internal battery in the game cartridge. In the time since Gold and Silver's release the internal batteries were drained completely; they lasted around seven years, if I remember correctly. The internal battery was also used to save the game to memory, and thus, because it was completely spent, the vast majority of Gold and Silver games are unsavable. This only happens if you have a save file on the cartridge, though; my Silver version hasn't had a save file on it for years, so it still works, as far as I know. 8D
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:58 AM
~SilverSoul
I'm Back!

Nature: Naive
I had the same problem with my game about two years ago and brought it to a game shop. They told me that the battery was completely drained and couldn't be fixed at all. I suggest if you still want to play the game, download a ROM because your Gold game is pretty much broken now.
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:51 AM
SkythurBathandBeyond151
Fonetics Phanatic

Rattata/Raticate
Clefairy/Clefable
Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Meowth/Persian
Lickitung
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Tauros
Ditto
Eevee
Porygon
Snorlax

I think that's everyone.

Mew~
The New Species Pokémon
Height ~ 0.4m
Weight ~ 4.0Kg

♥Pair♥
♠Brother♠
♫Friend Code♫

♪Theme♪
♣Credits♣

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:16 AM
레트로
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SilverSoul View Post
I had the same problem with my game about two years ago and brought it to a game shop. They told me that the battery was completely drained and couldn't be fixed at all. I suggest if you still want to play the game, download a ROM because your Gold game is pretty much broken now.
Actually, it can be fixed. I made a guide somewhere.. I'll post it if I can find it, but for now here's another guide.. How to fix a pokemon G/S/C cartridge: the guide.
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Pokemon Crystal Glass: In the japanese version of Pokemon Crystal how do I go about getting the GS Ball? I don't need to really connect to a cell phone do I? Cause I'm playing it on a Rom.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old July 7th, 2009, 07:06 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
Where and how can I exactly catch Sneasel? And how long is it going to take?

I have been searchig like forever!

My game is crystal BTW.
Old July 7th, 2009, 07:09 AM
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest
Sneasel is in the Ice Path (Cave after Mahogany) at night. It's in the basement floors. 1% on BF1, 5% on BF2, 10% on BF3.

Old July 8th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Johnny590
It's cute how you think I care

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Pokemon Crystal Glass: In the japanese version of Pokemon Crystal how do I go about getting the GS Ball? I don't need to really connect to a cell phone do I? Cause I'm playing it on a Rom.
From Bulbapedia:
In Pokémon Crystal

In the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal, players could use the Pokemon Mobile System to obtain a GS Ball as an event item which they could take to Ilex Forrest. Using it at the forest's shrine would prompt an encounter where a wild Celebi could be captured. However, no equivalent event was ever offered to players of the English version of the game. Some game-enhancing devices, however, such as the GameShark, can be used to generate the GS Ball right in the player's bag in both languages.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news D:, unless there is a GameShark for Roms....lol
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Blaziquaza

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto-Jelly View Post
okay, this is my question, and it may ,make me sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask it anyway. on pkmn red, i'm having trouble catching zapdos. People have said you need to throw ultra balls or else it will miss. i am throwing ultra balls, and it still misses! people have also said you need to throw ultra balls and get it's health down low with a status condition. i did that with toxic right down to where it had one hp left! and the ultra balls still missed! and some people said that you need to catch it with a master ball, but when my sister was on her pokemon blue, she didn't use a master bal to catch it! help!
You could try the Missingno. trick to clone your Master Balls then catch it.

And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
So... I'm a bit confused. My friend was looking at my Pokemon on my Silver version, when he noticed a little dot in my Feraligatr's, Espeon's, Ampharos' and Magmar's status page, at the end of the HP bar. I think I may have an idea of what it may be, but I'm not sure. Anyone happen to actually know what it means; I can't find the answer anywhere. XD;
Old July 12th, 2009, 12:13 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

A black dot on the status screen means that the Pokémon has been exposed to Pokérus.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old July 13th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
In pokemon yellow,are there any male officers or have they all been replaced by jenny?

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old July 13th, 2009, 09:57 AM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

The officer in Cerulean was replaced by Jenny, and another Jenny was added to Vermilion City. I believe all other guards retain their old sprite.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here