• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If You're Hearing This Message, Then I'm Probably Screening My Calls.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
Eh, sometimes I do. I have it so my cell phone plays a certain tune whenever specific people call. Though I don't recall any specific time where I have purposely not picked up, there may have been times where I have done that.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
Years
My mom's ex-boyfriend won't stop calling.

My ex-girlfriend won't either.

If it's a private call...it's one of them. Other than that, nope, I pretty much just answer it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Believe it or not, George isn't at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home!​

I want my answering machine message to be like that some day, but with my name instead of George's. Wonderful bit from Seinfeld.

We have caller ID. Only let the answering machine go when it says "Unknown Name (or Number)" or "No Name (or Number)".

Mapl3Syrup

Likes pie :)
Years
Believe it or not, George isn't at home.​

Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home!

I want my answering machine message to be like that some day, but with my name instead of George's. Wonderful bit from Seinfeld.

We have caller ID. Only let the answering machine go when it says "Unknown Name (or Number)" or "No Name (or Number)".
Why not do it now? You only live once. (I know that sounds cheesy, but sereously.)

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
Years
No one calls me so not really but the odd few times its rang and I simply don't want to talk to anyone, I just answer then immediately hang up, or if they're persistant I just hold down the little red button. I don't really like speaking on phones, only reason I have it is mostly for emergency use. Which is what they were originally intended for, not someone calling up having a "make up crisis" about which nail polish colour they should choose. Yes, it happened to someone. In which I just walked away from them. Quickly.

If I had an answer machine tone though, I'd like mine to be:

"You've reached the phone of Switchback.
Who currently isn't here.
Bored?
Then make a damn sandwich cause time is money and when I say that I mean yours."

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
If there's no name, an unfamiliar number, or if it's someone I don't wanna talk to, I don't pick up. I rarely get calls at all, though. Mostly what bugs me is people texting instead of calling (despite how many times I've said to call, not text), so I ignore them 'cause I hate texting. That doesn't happen much, either, though. I mostly use the phone to call my dad and brothers every now and then, and on rare occasions friends actually call me. But~ I hate phones anyway, so whatever. :/

Shem

Bored...
Years
Around my mom's 5th time calling a day, I just stop answering and say I was out, but when she calls my cell phone I'm cornered, but she normally just texts me so i don't have to answer. Good thing verizon wireless is completely unreliable and I mysteriously don't get half my texts >.>

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Holy crap. Actually, yes I do, but I forgot I recorded the damn thing many years ago. My voice is massively different from then o.0

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
I'm currently screening because I have a really bold friend who can't take a hint.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
"Hello, you have reached Shane. I am either not here or do not wish to speak to you. If I do not call you back, then please, stay out of my life where I want you."

That was me for awhile, but now it's

"Hey, this is Shane. If you don't have any good news, hang up the goddamn phone."

I used to screen all my calls because I had so many people trying to be a part of my life that I just did not want to deal with. Now they're gone, so there's no need for it anymore. Still sometimes I do it habitually. Rarely, but it happens.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
My friend has me so paranoid that I don't answer numbers I don't know cuz I think it might be her in disguise. -.-

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I've stopped answering my phone these holidays, just cause it's normally my girlfriend asking where I am, and why I'm not home.

Back