• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2015
The pokemon sprites you used are so solid and professional-looking, and have well-thought out names IMO. I hope you don't mind if I asked what program you used?

But anyways, I'm so looking forward to playing this game. My favorite game in like the first 3 days I came here, and probably will always be. Good job.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2015
Nono not the game, like to make the sprites, like photoshop, MS Paint - I doubt, GIMP?

Last edited:

sherm

The Other Guy
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2011
So when is it gonna be ready to play.. I wanna see Raptor, This one, Acanthite, and Protectors get done.. cause they all look incredible..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
So when is it gonna be ready to play.. I wanna see Raptor, This one, Acanthite, and Protectors get done.. cause they all look incredible..

Please refrain from asking this.
But to answer somewhat,
I'm pretty sure Wichu said he hopes to get out a demo soon.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
cooooool I just joined here but could you give me advice on where to download pokemon amethyst i'ts soo cooool I saw it in youtube

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
The demo is not open to the public dude, just wait a little while. It should be on the first page when Wichu posts it. Also please don't ask this next time if its not on the first post k? Creators don't like it and it's against the rules

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
hey wichu, if you still need help with ideas I can come up with some pretty good ones. the game looks great.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The pokemon sprites you used are so solid and professional-looking, and have well-thought out names IMO. I hope you don't mind if I asked what program you used?
For spriting, I use Paint.NET. It's a free program which is similar to Photoshop, but much less complicated :P
Please refrain from asking this.
But to answer somewhat,
I'm pretty sure Wichu said he hopes to get out a demo soon.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Yeah, I'm currently trying to sort out everything that will be in the demo. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have enough time to finish it before I go on holiday, so you might have to wait a few weeks longer than expected :(
cooooool I just joined here but could you give me advice on where to download pokemon amethyst i'ts soo cooool I saw it in youtube
I haven't put any videos on YouTube... :\
hey wichu, if you still need help with ideas I can come up with some pretty good ones. the game looks great.
Have you signed up on the development forum? You can either submit ideas there, or in this thread. I mainly need ideas for moves, abilities, and items; I'm not currently in need of Pokémon ideas.

Fish94

Freerunning Fish
Years
This game looks fantastic, Can't wait till the release.
One thing, Axotil reminds me a lot of mudkip, but I think its just me xD
Anyway, good luck, ill be supporting you all the way

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
Years
I've looked through the first 360 posts (1440 is too many :P ) and haven't seen this, what about a replacement for Slow Start or just giving it an upside.

How about:

Ability: SLOW START: Decreases (sp.) attack & speed for (how many?) turns but increases (sp.) defense (and maybe HP?).

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
Years
I've looked through the first 360 posts (1440 is too many :P ) and haven't seen this, what about a replacement for Slow Start or just giving it an upside.

How about:

Ability: SLOW START: Decreases (sp.) attack & speed for (how many?) turns but increases (sp.) defense (and maybe HP?).
I think the idea for slow start was to have an incredible pokemon with good stats and movepool, but to give it a flaw that would stop it from being a gamebreaker. With this, unless you put it on a different pokemon with worse stats, the pokemon would still ruin the fun by being incredibly amazing.

And a little more on topic, I haven't posted here for a while (have I?:\) but it's good to see another post by Wichu, good that you're nearing a demo, keep up the excellent work!

As for the video thing, Amethyst is a popular name and I have noticed that there are lots of videos of "Pokemon Amethyst" on youtube, however I think those videos are of a hack. But I haven't watched them, it is easy to tell that they are not your game though.

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
Years
helaytonmobile said:
I think the idea for slow start was to have an incredible pokemon with good stats and movepool, but to give it a flaw that would stop it from being a gamebreaker. With this, unless you put it on a different pokemon with worse stats, the pokemon would still ruin the fun by being incredibly amazing.

And a little more on topic, I haven't posted here for a while (have I?:\) but it's good to see another post by Wichu, good that you're nearing a demo, keep up the excellent work!

As for the video thing, Amethyst is a popular name and I have noticed that there are lots of videos of "Pokemon Amethyst" on youtube, however I think those videos are of a hack. But I haven't watched them, it is easy to tell that they are not your game though.
OK, but in my defense, with a name change and a different pokemon, mine might still be a good ability.

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
move/ability

hello. wichu. i've been watching the progress of your game and it's awesome waiting on the release on pins and needles. i noticed that you're recruiting in your sig and while i know you've got the poke topic covered, i'd like to help with ideas for moves/abilities, etc. i tried the forum but my comp threw a red flag on that:pirate: so i'll post my idea here:

Name: Tidal Surge
Type:Water
Power:--
Accuracy: 95
PP:10

Description: Crashing waves smash into the opponent. The move gains in power over the course of battle. (similar to Rollout)

i'll come with other stuff for you if want and be glad to help if you'd like. either way best of luck

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
new dual types would be interesting, maybe a fire ground type or electric dark type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back